• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Actually frightening Pokémon

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Haunter and Gengar. They both really creep me out.

Gengar's Dex entries in Sun and Moon are particularly jarring. They're basically saying that if a Gengar has its sights on you, you're done for.

Gengar's Dex entries in Sun and Moon are particularly jarring. They're basically saying that if a Gengar has its sights on you, you're done for.
I think some pokemon's pokedex entries are just so horrifying (looking at you, Mimikyu and Bewear) that the anime has to retcon the dex entries just to keep a TV-Y7 rating over a TV14 rating at the least

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think some pokemon's pokedex entries are just so horrifying (looking at you, Mimikyu and Bewear) that the anime has to retcon the dex entries just to keep a TV-Y7 rating over a TV14 rating at the least
Or it could be the Rotom inside the Dex playing a prank on trainers that read the entries. Remember that this is an actual Rotom living inside an electronic device and thus could technically change what is written in the Dex if it wanted to do so. Rotom are known for being pranksters and so why wouldn’t it say stuff like this just to see the horrified look on the trainer’s face and silently chuckling at its little joke?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Or it could be the Rotom inside the Dex playing a prank on trainers that read the entries. Remember that this is an actual Rotom living inside an electronic device and thus could technically change what is written in the Dex if it wanted to do so. Rotom are known for being pranksters and so why wouldn’t it say stuff like this just to see the horrified look on the trainer’s face and silently chuckling at its little joke?

Yeah, I think in one of the most recent anime episodes, the Rotom Dex literally just said something like, "It's a (Pokémon name). That's all I know."

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Mimikyu’s Dex entry about its true form being terrifying is possibly true but I think that it would not cause you to literally die from fright if you look at it as Meowth looked underneath the cloth many times, he was simply frozen in horror from the sight but otherwise okay.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Regular Mr. Mine. And Jynx. ew.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Well game mechanics and lore relationships are pretty wonky in Pokémon games. Technically everybody who has ever used Shedinja should already have their soul stolen.

Maybe their Trainer turns their back when sending out a Shedinja so they don't see the hole in its back and have their soul stolen. But I think it's said that's just a legend anyway.

I think the pokémon that spooked me the most was probably jynx. It's the first humanoid pokémon, and something about its quasi-human appearance is really uncanny. Though for me, being able to have that much of an emotional effect on me actually looped around to make me end up kind of liking jynx. She's kind of the Big Baby of Pokémon to me.

Wasn't there a book in the Canalave Library that said humans once used to marry Pokémon? If it was just the humanoid-looking Pokémon that they married, I can't imagine being married to a Mr. Mime or a Jynx. :oops::eek:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Maybe their Trainer turns their back when sending out a Shedinja so they don't see the hole in its back and have their soul stolen. But I think it's said that's just a legend anyway.
That would require never being able to see what's going on during the battle... Kind of disadvantageous, no?

Wasn't there a book in the Canalave Library that said humans once used to marry Pokémon? If it was just the humanoid-looking Pokémon that they married, I can't imagine being married to a Mr. Mime or a Jynx. :oops::eek:
Forget that - Imagine being married to a toxicroak, volbeat or buneary. Yep, all 3 of those are in the human breeding group as well.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
That would require never being able to see what's going on during the battle... Kind of disadvantageous, no?

They can still call out moves and hear it, at least.

Imagine being married to a toxicroak, volbeat or buneary.

I think you'll find there's a certain part of the Internet that would... enjoy that. :oops:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I sort of don't ever want to end up on an open sea, even if I was on the safest ship ever.

Meeting a wild Gyarados wouldn't help much either.

That's exactly what happened to Ash and co. in the St. Anne episode.

Blacephalon because it can deattach its head at will. My least favorite Pokémon along with Braixen.

Hand Enternaus

Malamar because of the evil one in the anime

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
There's only a few Pokemon I'm honestly afraid of... mainly because of how they're portrayed in the Pokedex, anime, or elsewhere.
  1. Crobat - It's USUM entry says "Its fangs are so sharp, if it bites you in the dark and sucks your blood, you won't notice any pain or realize you've been bitten." Suppose my biggest fear would be if I had one on my team I'd be worried about it sucking my blood when it's hungry.
  2. Ultra Beasts - The fact they're from another dimension and look nothing like Pokemon we're used to is disturbing.
  3. Gardevoir and Lopunny - I'm not really afraid of them in the sense of fear but more so due to being uncomfortable about how certain fans portray them in art. I'll leave it at that...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Guzzlord is definitely one Pokémon to be terrified of. Since it will continuously eating anything around it, you are basically screwed if it spots you and there is no escape from it if you don’t find a way to escape the area under attack.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Guzzlord is definitely one Pokémon to be terrified of. Since it will continuously eating anything around it, you are basically screwed if it spots you and there is no escape from it if you don’t find a way to escape the area under attack.

This fate befell one unlucky Ultra Squad member.

Ryker101

I’m pretty sure I’d have a heart attack if I saw a Beedrill, Vespiquen or Yanmega in real life lol. Insects freak me out and the fact they can be x10 as intimidating and powerful in the pokemon world sends chills down my spine.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I’m pretty sure I’d have a heart attack if I saw a Beedrill, Vespiquen or Yanmega in real life lol. Insects freak me out and the fact they can be x10 as intimidating and powerful in the pokemon world sends chills down my spine.

Beedrill especially, and its Mega Evolution is even scarier.