• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adamant or Jolly Scizor for BT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragontamer1011

I'm breeding a Scyther in HG for my Battle Subway team in Black and I just can't seem to get a good Adamant Scyther with Technician. Decided to check a Jolly one that came out and turns out it has the perfect IVs -.-.. Should I keep the Jolly one or keep trying for Adamant?

Moveset will be-v
-Bug Bite
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Super Power

Dragontamer1011

Thought so. Stupid IVs have been so close yet I can't seem to get good/average defensive ones. I get a 24 on SpD then a 21 on Def (31 SpD IV/ 0-9 Def IV) then its the opposite on the next Scyther. Then I get one with good defensive ones and it doesn't pass along the attack IV... I just can't win.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Use him with a Speed Boost Ninjask and go for Adamant

Dragontamer1011

Scizor fits my team perfectly. Problem is breeding a freaking good Adamant one, the IVs keep dancing around what I need. I have around 15 failed Scythers in a box right now... lol

Dragontamer1011

I'm guessing because hes still outsped by the majority even with Jolly nature and its not worth the sacrifice in attack strength.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
You know about Everstone/Power Item breeding, right? You can just take your Jolly one with good IVs, give it a Power Weight or Band, and put it with an Adamant Scyther@everstone. Makes IV breeding go remarkably quickly, even triple/quad-flawless doesn't take more than a couple days of breeding sometimes.

Dragontamer1011

I've been doing that for the past week Wizard. I just can't seem to get a 20+ IV in Defense and Special Defense. Then when I do the perfect attack IV doesn't transfer or I get a 0-9 in HP.

I checked a calculator and having a 10 in Defense vs a 31 is only a 9-10 point difference.. Is it really that big of a deal?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
I don't know the answer to that without running a bunch of damage calcs for likely moves and pokemon and EV spreads, and I don't know the Battle Subway that well. If you're that tired of breeding, you can just use the best Adamant one you've found so far for now, and if it's not working out you can pick up the breeding later.

I ended up with a 28/31/20/15/27/31, but that was way back on 3rd gen so I don't remember how long it took me. /shrug

Dragontamer1011

Ah, no problem. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.