• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Address Unown! (265)

The episode was creepy and amazing! Graet 3D graphics of the bunch of Unowns! Its all make sence in Larvitar mind!

Blazing Charmander

Haven't seen this episode in years, but remember seeing it for the first time ages ago and when reruns of it used to be on frequently. It's interesting that on the face of things, the episode just looks like a rehash of Pokemon 3 - again showcasing Unown's supernatural abilities. However, the way that they intertwined it with the Larvitar arc and gave the viewers (and Ash and co) their first insight into Larvitar's troubled pre-birth existence was absolutely awesome.

I also recall how the gang witnessed Larvitar's memories of the Pokemon that it had seen in the past couple of episodes such as Slowking and Elekid. A great touch, and along with the appearance of the poachers that separated Larvitar's egg from its mother, this episode gives great character depth to the Pokemon. For me, it is probably one of the most interesting Pokemon to have been on the show, development wise.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
I think this was the episode where larvitar gets to open up to everyone

The movie was a bit weord but it gave us all more info on larvitar's life as an egg :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
With Unown in the movie, I hadn't even expected it to debut in the anime so this episode was a shock to me. Creepy how Unown warped the dimension around it and how things got weird. The good thing is that we learned more about the stuff Larvitar went through as an egg. It seemed like a lot for it to handled but we learned a lot. For an odd debut, this gets a 5/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode.
this ep was like a movie, especially his songs, i loved tham.
And Unown was cool.

firestar319

The Marauder
I remember when I first saw this episode when it first aired. Truly an incredible episode. I liked especially how they were all sent to Larvitar's mind from Unown Hidden Power combining with Larvitar's. The whole symbolization with the thorn in the egg and Larvitar in ice was incredible. It was awesome how the writers used this to reveal Larvitar's past and develop his character. One of my favorite episodes. 9/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
This was a pretty good episode, it's a bit weird but still. It's sad what happened to Larvitar, you could see Tyranitar was so upset when the egg got stolen (Is it me or when they show a parent/child Pokemon it tends to be a mother and child and no father?).

saar

Shiny Flygon
Very emotional episode, Unown was helping them out, the friends have realized that very fast, good as it, and they knew how to save Larvitar and to make him be calm with people.(especially with Misty lol).
And then Unown return to the Unowns dimension. Goodbye!

MrDoomBringer

I hope I get to see this episode and the rest of advanced because in boomerang it gets cut off in "your a star larvitar" then resets back to orange league.

G50

No longer posting
It was an ok episode... It was cool seeing an Unown G for the 1st time. The way it said its name was so cute! I was glad the gang was able to see why Larvitar was so afraid of everybody after hatching. The music was very creepy.

30/100

Christian Woods

azumarill!
Ok, now sinse I can't see, I am going to do the best i can here.
Ok, so, I liked the way Unown said its name, just like an above user. I never got a chance to see Spell of the Unown, though I want to. I noticed music from some of the movies, Can't remember which ones it was, help me please there. I liked what they did to the voice of Tara Jayne when she was doing the "Scaaaared, sooooo, scaaaaared!" and the "Moooooomiiiiiieeeeee! Moooooommmmmmiiiiiieeeeee!" It sounded like Larvitar was shouting into the vast void of space. Did you notice that throughout the whole trip in Larvitar's mind, everyone's voice echoed? Larvitar's was the creepiest and most echoing of all. I shivvered like crazy when I heard it. Over all, one of the best episodes ever! UNOOOOOOOWNNNNNN!

What a great episode! Seeing Ash, Misty and Brock in Larvitar's mind was original and very interesting. This episode was also very sad... Seeing Unown in an episode was also a nice idea. Seeing Elekid and Magby inside Larvitar's memories and mind was also nice. This was a very emotional episode to me. 10/10.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It's not too bad an episode. I probably would've found more to it had I watched the episodes with Larvitar up to that point, but I remembered enough that it wasn't required. I mostly watched it to see the Unown in a normal episode for a little bit. It was surprisingly absent for the majority of the episode, so it didn't exactly help. Still, the atmosphere was there, and that's what really matters. It was actually hard to watch Larvitar struggle like that, I'm surprised I didn't react to it as a kid.

But yeah, it's just a generic episode with some mind-screwy moments. No biggie.

7/10

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Just finished watching this episode. Watching Larvitars past gave me goosebumps. I feel so bad to what happened to it and how he cant trust humans because of what happened.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
It was cool to see Larvitar's past, a bit sad too :(
9/10

This actually has to be one of my favorite episodes of Master Quest and definitelt the highlight of the Johto arc. It was just done so well. It was really interesting that they got to go in Larvitar's mind and see his thoughts. It was definitely a powerful episode as well. The scene where they showed what happened to Larvitar as an egg and how he was stolen by the Poacher Brothers and his mom got injured as Larvitar called out for his mom. That had me in tears. Very emotional scene. And finally seeing Larvitar trust Misty and Brock after they along with Ash, Pikachu and Togepi tried to help him was great. It was also great to see Unknown and it was cool that Unknown made it possible for Ash, Misty, Brock, Togepi and Pikachu to see Larvitar's thoughts. It was cool to see Pikachu and Togepi as giants and also see Larvitar think about recent events like Elekid and Slowking for example. Fantastic episode.

This episode was both emotional and interesting...emotional because we as the viewers were able to realize on what happened with Larvitar before he hatched.:( I feel really bad on what he has gone through.:( The interesting parts for this episode was the sights Elekid (EP263), Magby (EP264), and Slowking (EP262) which were the Pokemon, Larviatar interacted with. I'm really happy on how things turned out when Ash, Misty and Brock was finally able to have him to open up to humans, esp. to both Misty and Brock.:D Also, I'm not sure if anyone had caught this, but the scene with Ash, Misty and Brock were on the floating eggshells, the Unown Tune was playing if it's not then it may be my speakers crackling...:/

My Rating for this Episode: 10/10

Cataquack Warrior

A really moving episode. Has to be one of the crowning moments in the Larvitar arc. My only disappointment is that they didn't make much of a plot point out of Misty's bond with the Unown. I find the Unown to be very fascinating, especially with their reality-warping powers in the anime.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
This actually has to be one of my favorite episodes of Master Quest and definitelt the highlight of the Johto arc. It was just done so well. It was really interesting that they got to go in Larvitar's mind and see his thoughts. It was definitely a powerful episode as well. The scene where they showed what happened to Larvitar as an egg and how he was stolen by the Poacher Brothers and his mom got injured as Larvitar called out for his mom. That had me in tears. Very emotional scene. And finally seeing Larvitar trust Misty and Brock after they along with Ash, Pikachu and Togepi tried to help him was great. It was also great to see Unknown and it was cool that Unknown made it possible for Ash, Misty, Brock, Togepi and Pikachu to see Larvitar's thoughts. It was cool to see Pikachu and Togepi as giants and also see Larvitar think about recent events like Elekid and Slowking for example. Fantastic episode.
I agree with just about everything you said.