• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Address Unown! (265)

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
What an incredible episode! I wondered what the real point of the short Larvitar arc before the league was, but this episode made it perfect! It's very emotional and portrays Larvitar in such a great way. The weirdness was also great.

Also, this is one of Ash's high points. The way he kept punching the ice over and over himself instead of using a Pokemon to attack the ice shows his compassion.

This would probably be in my top 20 best episodes ever!

Leonhart

Imagineer
BulleDeChagrin said:
The weirdness was also great.

I liked the surreal element of the animation here and how it was incredibly dream-like. The animators used a similar style of animation in one of the Pikachu shorts years after this episode aired, and I always thought that they must've thoroughly studied this episode and taken a lot of ideas from it when they put that Pikachu short together.

Amazing episode. Seeing and hearing its horrible memories of being taken away from its mother is heartbreaking, and I cried when Ash tried to get Larvitar free. This would probably be one of the best OS episodes if the first part didn't drag on for so long.