• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Addressing The Hate of Tepig, Pignite and Emboar More Than Ten Years Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I didn't where exactly to put this, but I honestly had to address this, especially since it has been more than ten years since Generation 5 came out. I know many Pokémon from this generation are hated, but I want to address the hate of my favorite Pokémon from that Generation, Tepig Pignite and Emboar. I know people are thinking, "Why do you want these Pokémon to be loved?" Well, it is because these are my favorite Pokémon. A lot of people call the evolutions of Tepig ugly, but that is not true at all. The evolutions of Tepig are not ugly. They also don't like the Tepig line because it is the third fire and fighting type in a row. But the reason it is fire and fighting because of its origin. Let's look at the previous four fire starters and the three after The first four generation starters are all loved by many people, but when it came to Tepig, that is when people started criticizing the fire starters after Tepig too. Whether it is Emboar, Delphox, Incineroar, or Cinderace. This is really outrageous because fire is my favorite type. A lot of people consider Tepig the worst starter ever, and it really pisses me off. Seriously, I had arguments on this forum and telling people off because they hated Tepig Pignite and Emboar for no reason. Seriously, if these were physical and not online, I would have beaten these people up for hating Tepig Pignite and Emboar. That is how angry I would get seeing people hating on them for no apparent reason and now more than ten years later, it still happens and it still pisses me off. I want to change that. I want there to be a future where these Pokémon and the fire starters after are loved. It it so much to ask? I mean how can it be more than ten years since and they are still hated? There are even people that attack people for liking them, so guess what? I attack people for hating them. They even say they deserve the hate and that makes me angry. These Pokémon don't deserve the hate that they get at all. I like all the fire starters, but does anyone notice that all of the fire starters are loved until Tepig and that Tepig and the final evolutions of the ones after aren't? I just feel like starting a Tepig Pignite Emboar revolution, so that they and the fire starters after that will be loved. That is how much I want them to be loved. I really want a future where this happens. So who is with me in making these Pokémon more loved?

WalesNote

People can still hate such pokémon for what they see as a copy.

Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar are very similar in many ways, from typing to moves learned, to stats.
It's a lack of diversity, and that can be quite disappointing with each generation that fails to correct this 'mistake'.

Would be nice to have starter pokémon with type combinations that haven't been used, ot stat distributions that are different from what we have seen before. Like a tanky or supportive fire starter rather than attack and speed.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
People are allowed to have different opinions on what they like and what they don't like; just as you have your own opinions. It's not that serious.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Bianca's Emboar in the anime was pretty enjoyable to watch and it has probably the best Gen V shiny with the blue flames and all.

Other then that, i do not care for this pokemon and any other fire/fighting type starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.