• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adolf Hitler...Bad or Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight_Dialga

Eja vloana voralis
Hitler...Angel to start, Devil to end

My Grandma was in Berlin in the time of WW2 and my other Grandpa was in Hitler Youth. I have talked to both of them lots of times and from what they said, my title says it all. Hitler, who was a soldier in WW1, provided jobs for millions of Germans after a great depression after WW1 caused by the countries dept to other countries. In this way, he was a saviour to all the Germans after almost seven years of unemployment.
However, soon rumours started circulating about all the factories Germans were working were producing supplies for a great war (WW2) to take over all the other countries. Around that time Hitler started off the Holocaust with a dreadful night called Kristallnacht (glass night in German). Then everything started going faster, and faster and more out of control. After almost five million old, retarded, homosexual and Jewish people were put to death for no reason, the war was over.
Hitler had put a bullet through his own head and handed over his power to a high ranking Nazi official. I could continue talking, but I think I have said enough. Hitler had provided work for millions, even though it was all benefiting him and his alterior motives, but then he did the unthinkable- commanded a mass genocide. So, overall, he was bad, but to start he seemed an angel.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
well, debates are serious. you shouldn't be here.

vaerna

Midnight Dialgia is quite correct. From the stories that my grandparents and my parents have told me, not all the correct history has been told. There was some good but still a lot of bad. There is so much that went on that will never be known. The political and official mess remains in Germany, according to my relations and my folks, so it's still a bit of a quagmire if you have to deal with the current German government.

Correction, most of the people who take this debate forum seriously show a lack of intelligence.

Correction, by (badly) trolling up a forum, you show an even greater lack of intelligence no matter what you say. Debates can be serious. Just because these debates are over the internet doesn't make them much different than debates that take place in real life. Don't like it? Get out of the debate forum, or stay and prove your lack-of-a-life by making posts that you, and only you, laugh at.

Oh I just love you trolls popping up all over the place, thinking you are above the rest of the forum community because you only come here to be annoying while there are others who enjoy coming here. And then when you go too far and get banned, you return because you just can't stay away!

Death dealer

Pavane of Slaanesh
Midnight Dialgia is quite correct. From the stories that my grandparents and my parents have told me, not all the correct history has been told. There was some good but still a lot of bad. There is so much that went on that will never be known. The political and official mess remains in Germany, according to my relations and my folks, so it's still a bit of a quagmire if you have to deal with the current German government.

I would question what this good actually was. It may have given many germans jobs, but didn't it also create a centralised, statist economy (correction me if I am wrong)?
Didn't he destroy many of the rights that the weimar republic granted, such as those for women, gays and other minorities etc. ?

All this for the goal of "social cohesion"? Many people may have liked it, that dosn't make it a good thing necessarily.

Eszett

one love
Don't reply to the trolls if you don't want to keep them going.

Now, onto the topic at hand. What was it, again...?

GreyGoose

Banned
Correction, by (badly) trolling up a forum, you show an even greater lack of intelligence no matter what you say. Debates can be serious. Just because these debates are over the internet doesn't make them much different than debates that take place in real life. Don't like it? Get out of the debate forum, or stay and prove your lack-of-a-life by making posts that you, and only you, laugh at.

Oh I just love you trolls popping up all over the place, thinking you are above the rest of the forum community because you only come here to be annoying while there are others who enjoy coming here. And then when you go too far and get banned, you return because you just can't stay away!

This debate is retarded.

KILLING MILLIONS OF INNOCENT JEWS,

BAD OR GOOD?!?!?!?!?!?!

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerp.

And on this forum, trying to have serious debates just fails.

Owned.

"Shadow"
Hitler didn't actually kill anywhere near as many people as some think.
He started off the whole Antisemitism (sp?) thing again, and the public of Germany followed him. The whole of Germany were against the Jews, and the whole of Poland were against the Jews. In fact, there are only a few thousand Jews living in Poland today. It was the Nazi Party who killed all the Jews, along with lots of help from the public.

BCVM22

Hitler didn't actually kill anywhere near as many people as some think.
He started off the whole Antisemitism (sp?) thing again, and the public of Germany followed him. The whole of Germany were against the Jews, and the whole of Poland were against the Jews. In fact, there are only a few thousand Jews living in Poland today. It was the Nazi Party who killed all the Jews, along with lots of help from the public.

Oh, well, since he just gave the orders and didn't actually pull the trigger or activate the gas chambers on all umpty-million people, then that makes it okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ethan

Banned
Oh, well, since he just gave the orders and didn't actually pull the trigger or activate the gas chambers on all umpty-million people, then that makes it okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Not only do we have a strawman here, we have a sarcastic one. A very poor attempt at that. Next time you feel like being clever with a sarcastic comment use your brain and check if it even applies. The poster never said anything was justified or that anything was okay. And hes partly right too. The German people are also partly at fault because they bought into Hitlers charismatic front. They were just as eager to look for a scapegoat for all their economic problems as Hitler was. So next time why don't you actually think before you make a post. Your not witty, your not funny, your not smarter than anyone else. Your simply rude. Please, learn how to read.

kochoupink

butts lol
Is this seriously a thread? It doesn't matter how intelligent or charismatic someone is, how many people believed in him, or how many highways he built - evil is evil, and it would be impossible to ever classify Hitler as "good."

This thread must have been some kind of joke.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
oh really? define evil for us. keep in mind emotions do not prove facts.

Ethan

Banned
I will say it once more.

WE ALL KNOW HITLER WAS ONE WICKED SON OF A BITCH, WE GET IT HES A BAD, BAD MAN. WE ONLY HEARD YOU A FEW THOUSAND TIMES.

Argue his politics, practicality, intelligence, strategy. Those are all viable topics. Theres no point in debating the obvious.

BCVM22

Your not witty, your not funny, your not smarter than anyone else. Your simply rude. Please, learn how to read.

Your absolutely right. I should learn to be smart, like your able to be. Your an example to us all.

^__^

^__^ Glomp you
Hitler was a brilliant leader but a horrible man. He was evil but he could also be seen as good since he wanted to protect and make his country grow.

ShadowDragon16

Well, being brilliant doesn't make up for killing thousands. Now we all know hes burning in hell right now.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
well, if hell exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.