• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adopt-A-Newbie Agency, version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my name change went off unnoticed, I'll repost. Because I can. :)

Name you want to be called: Orion or Carlos.
Likes: Pokémon, drawing, writing, reading, swimming, computers, videogames, girls and food.
Dislikes: Injustice, very arrogant people, bees, and... that's it.
Length of time I have been here at the forums: 1 year 5 months.

PM me for anything. ^^

C

*~Croconaw~*

Name you want to be called:*~Croconaw~* is okay but you can call me plain croconaw
Likes:pokemon,Metriod,Super smash bros,reading,RnB and watching horror movies and my dogs ^_^
Dislikes:Bullying,Arrogant people,Hurtful pranks
Interests:see LIKES section.
For the Newbies; what type of SPP Elder I want:Someone who is kind,calm and knows how to make someone laugh.Oh and doesnt make nasty comments either

Angeling

true love
=Atticus= said:
I don't know how you got "impatient" out of the fact I had a smiley in my post. You need to have been here 3 months in order to adopt a newbie, but since you've been here 9 days short of 3 months, you need to wait 9 more days in order to do so. Simple as that, really. ;/

-Fatal
You mean registered under that name. And nine days isn't that long, so just wait, as Fatal/=Atticus= has mentioned.

*Orion*; your name change was never added or something?
*~Croconaw~*; application accepted as a newbie. ^^

Err, never mind about me sending the PM. Eszett has done so already, so go ahead and adopt/be adopted!

Last edited:

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
Name you want to be called: Cal, or Calvin. Either one is fine.
Dislikes: n00bs, spammers, emo kids, generally people who take the fun out of being online.
Interests: Again, Pokemon, Naruto, reading, drawing, videogames, my dream on becoming the new SPPf Webmaster...
SPPf Forums you visit often: Games, Miscellaneous Discussion, General Pokemon Discussion.
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: Around 3 months, 5 days....

Am I elligible or do I have to wait a few months more? If I haven't been here long enough, it's okay.

Last edited:

PhQnix

Think Different
Eszett said:
You are eligible. I approve.
Okay guys you don't need to keep doing that, you only need to post if they aren't accepted. Otherwise it makes it harder for newbies to go through and select their potential adopter as they have to skim through useless posts.

At the end of each day (GMT) I will go through and PM Wolf Goddess all of the adopters and adoptees for that day, if one person is handling it then there is less confusion. It will slow down the process slightly as it'll take longer for someone to be added to the list, but if one person handles this then it's a lot less SPAM in this thread.

Unless you guys have any better ideas?

Adopters assume you are eligible to adopt when you are added to the list on the first page.

Adoptees assume you are eligible to adopt when added to the first page.

Eszett

one love
Here's an idea that I did in the last update I sent to Sierra while Eefi was away: link to that person's info from the list. That way, those who have been approved will only need to skim through the first post.

Using the last person to post as an example, the PM could read:

Adopters:
[noparse]calbergerac[/noparse]

which, of course, would yield:

Adopters:
calbergerac

Tada, one-click access to everyone's info.

EDIT: In fact, I'll get started on a list now.

EDIT2: Okay, I've composed a list of all adopters that I could connect to a name. I know I'm missing some entries in this, but later I'll go back and add in those people. Enough of my drivel, though; the list is here:

Adopters Waiting to adopt:
pika2000
RandomCharizard
Nidorino99
Blues
core unit
*Orion*
Fiery Blaziken
MysticFlames
Torkoal Stu
Tropical Spirit
Politically Incorrect
Mudkip girl(Satoshi's lover 4ever)
HakuBlue
fhqwhgads
Rayjohn
Yoshi Dragon
Timid Kyogre
+Chaos Blade+
Beautiful Butch
knightblazer
Tohru Honda
Pokefan26
mew master
Maple Destiny
Sammi
Ivymoonrose
Amaisan Axis
supertypholision
~Wandering Perappu~
Sai
Disco Volante
Redsoxpsyco
intergalactic platypus
videogamer09
Carpetted!
Lotad
Tazzler
Zora
CuTe ToGePi
True-Blue Manafi
GoldenHouou
Goose Gladwell
Shiny_deoxys
Kiyo Charms
Mimori Kiryu
Beaniebabie
Yoshida Amane
Novacaine
Pikachuism
Jerichi
Bulk
Justineer
Marowak XD
Mecca
Guitar dude bill
Yoshinichi
EspeonShock
Seigyoku Doragon
TheMightyWurmple
Diljabar
Aikou Bupiggu
MS
Rufinito18
Smile Guy
Jupetta
Chelc
Sweet May
Torkoal
Red Ring Riku
Kez
sandragon13
katiekitten
NarutoUzumaki94

For the code, just quote this post.

Last edited:

VoLTeR

<Pikachu got Owned!
I'm on the list still. Can i be removed, i got adopted by hi 5 a while back.

C

*~Croconaw~*

I got adopted by ~wandering perappu~
so you can remove me from the list

Angeling

true love
Eszett said:
EDIT: In fact, I'll get started on a list now.

EDIT2: Okay, I've composed a list of all adopters that I could connect to a name. I know I'm missing some entries in this, but later I'll go back and add in those people. Enough of my drivel, though; the list is here:
That's a very good idea, and I presume you sent a PM with that to Sierra as well? I'll get started on the newbie applications as well, and edit into this post then send the PM.

Also, I read somewhere in the earlier pages in AANA where a newbie claims pika2000 has adopted them, but I am not sure if that is the case anymore since it's been a while. Now, for the newbies. I will be modifying the list so the joined date is contemporary

Newbies waiting for adoption:
megadan123
master power kirby
Nikx
Orochi
Gosple
Manipulon
old_skewl_duelist
Mario in Da Sario
lydia love slave
Mr_Mime06
Torrey_the_Demon_Trainer
Sceptile
Cooltrainer Nick
dragonboy
fallenangelwolf
Akutenshi
Tayuri
Homura
gamefreak
GothMaster
Pikapotato1227
Katsu Koneko
ABPikachu
-jimbyob-
Lukyboy
disbejackiee
Edward Prior
öpi
shelldude1
Mudkipchan
mlmoog
dark typhlosion master
lightkeeper
Solar boy Nick
.:pyroken Serafoculus:.
Rayvndor
Sgt.Patrick Star
ShingosGal
Blazing Entei
TrainerRed **changed name from Blaziken dx*
Pikamiki
Googlehead
contestshipping fan
Darkmewham2
Pokegirl
Dex
Vash Stampede
ijea4444
Kyuukon
demonman
bebop

Like Eszett said in his post, just quote the post for its code. But I will be modifying the newbie list soon.

Last edited:

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
Holy hell, I hope that I updated that correctly. >>;

Angeling

true love
Wolf Goddess said:
Holy hell, I hope that I updated that correctly. >>;
It looks fine as it is, so thank you muchly, Sierra. : D

And, I forgot to mention that I've decided to de-adopt Starfishy-chan because we've sort of lost contact with one another. So I am up to adopt newbies, though I already have one in uh, waiting list. Wtf, that sounds like a lot of newbies ask me. Well, don't put me up on first post yet anyway.

Last edited:

Torkoal

What? Exactly
Blazing Entei said:
I would like to be adopted.

name i want to be called: Momoko

likes:tokyo mew mew, pokemon(skitty), rpgs, reading, drawing, poetry.

disikes:snobs, meanies, creepy people(way they act), spammers, eXziT from gametalk(duh), bullies.

interest of SPP elder: someone fun, nice, not a spammer, good spelling and grammer,
i'll mentor you if you want.

Eszett

one love
Hmm, I think it'd help to put somewhere in the post that you can click on the names to see the interest posts. It might be a bit misleading otherwise, and it'll be good to implement as a measure of safety.

And thanks aplenty, Sierra. :D

PhQnix

Think Different
Torkoal said:
i'll mentor you if you want.
No you won't. I'm revoking your privileges to adopt.

After watching your general behaviour around the forum and watching you fail to comprehend the way this agency works twice I don't see you fit to be an adopter. If you want you can come back in three months time, but you ain't adopting anyone right now.

Guys do you think it would be worth restarting this thread? Re-juvinate some intrest and give someone complete control over the first post? We could also try and reduce the spam levels etc.

I only say this because reading through that very nice list Eszett did, I realise that half of those people posted in this thread several months ago, if they wanted to adopt someone then they would've done so by now. And because chasing up all those members to see if they still want to adopt is a waste of time, would it not be better to restart this? Besides WG already said she has too much work, we shouldn't make it any harder for her.

Last edited:

Eszett

one love
Hmm, that might be best for all of us, considering that Locke is semi-grounded, Sierra is overworked, and we have several people here literally all the time that don't have any direct power over the first post. By allowing a more active member to have control over the first post in this thread, I feel this can create a more streamlined and efficient process. And we need a new banner. >:[

I support that notion.

Angeling

true love
PhQnix said:
Guys do you think it would be worth restarting this thread? Re-juvinate some intrest and give someone complete control over the first post? We could also try and reduce the spam levels etc.

I only say this because reading through that very nice list Eszett did, I realise that half of those people posted in this thread several months ago, if they wanted to adopt someone then they would've done so by now. And because chasing up all those members to see if they still want to adopt is a waste of time, would it not be better to restart this? Besides WG already said she has too much work, we shouldn't make it any harder for her.
In a hurry, I will say that it sounds like a pretty good idea, and it probably is better to restart the thread. Some of the users on both adopters and newbies list seem like they either left the forums, or are just gone. Either that, or posting accordingly. But yes, Sierra already has other loads of work in the forums, and not just SPPf Help & Newbie Lounge, or AANA alone.

So, restarting may as well be better, but HLY is still the founder and what happens when he returns? And, who exactly will have complete control of the first post if we do indeed restart? There's probably more, but I'm in a hurry right now. And yes, we need a new banner already.

Cursed

Heroic Sociopath
I'd like to adopt a Newbie, it that's okay.
Name you want to be called: Cursed
Dislikes: school (don't we all?)
Interests: Computer programming
SPPf Forums you visit often: fan sprites, Pokemon diamond/pearl discussion, fan fiction, fan comics
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 70 days.

Fatal

Banned
Cursed said:
I'd like to adopt a Newbie, it that's okay.
Name you want to be called: Cursed
Dislikes: school (don't we all?)
Interests: Computer programming
SPPf Forums you visit often: fan sprites, Pokemon diamond/pearl discussion, fan fiction, fan comics
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 70 days.

READ THE FIRST PAGE

You have to have been at the forums for a minimum of three months in order to adopt a newbie. Application void.

-Fatal

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
We should ask Locke if he wants to restart it or not. I personally think that it'd be a good idea; I really don't mind updating the list, but the lists have a good few inactive accounts on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.