• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Adopt-A-Newbie Agency, Version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
aanaua6.png

Feeling generous today? Care to give the newbies a place to live? Adopt a Newbie today!

The point of this whole thing is to help the newbies, show them the ropes. Tell them what you know. For the newbies, this was designed so that you would not feel nervous or alone. We can provide you a SPPf veteran to help you get acquainted with the place.

Owner: Locke Yggdrasill .

Assistants:
MondoTR
Darato
Those interested in assisting, you will be hand picked by me or my other designated assistants. Be smart and we'll consider you if you show interest.

Rules:

For the SPPf veterans who want to adopt;
1. When you sign up, you'll go through an inspection process to make sure you're suitable for adopting a new person.
2. You must use good English grammar and preferrably good spelling.
3. You must follow the rules.
4. Be polite.
5. Be nice to people. We on't want you to be rude to your newly adopted newbie.
6. At least be registered at SPPf longer than three months. If you had an older account here, please post the username under which it was.
7. Be patient. Give your newbie time to learn.
8. Make sure you read the Offical SPP Forum Rules before adopting. We want to make sure you know what's proper to teach your newbie.
9. HAVE FUN.

For the newbies:
1. Be nice to your adopter. It's nice for that person to adopt you.
2. Be patient with your adopter.
3. Have to be at least recently registered. (I don't want a 3-year SPPfer to be adopted.)
4. Try not to annoy your adopter too much, you might have lots of questions, but sometimes he or she can get frustrated. Pace yourself a bit.
5. At least TRY to use proper English. Many of our SPPFers get ticked off with chat speak. But comprehensible chat-speak is allowed.
6. Leet speak isn't allowed at all.
7. Have to read the Offical SPP Forums Rules before being adopted. We want the newbies to have a good idea of what we want people to behave like here at the forums.
8. Try your best to refrain from spamming. We all spam, but please, try to not.
9. HAVE FUN.

Remember, we reserve the right to deny any applications.

I beseech of everyone to read both sets of guidelines so that you know what you should be following as well as the other person in your mentoring pair.

If you have any problems with the newbie you adopted, or with the owner who adopted you, or if for any reason you want to stop being the adopter (owner) or the adoptee (newbie), please PM me with your newbie or your owner's name and explain what the problem is or what you want to do to resolve the situation.

Please refer to this to see if you are an eligible adopter. This is a Calendar Calculator. :D

Adopters and newbies, when signing up for this agency, please provide a little bit of information about yourself.

Name you want to be called:
Dislikes:
Interests:
SPPf Forums you visit often:
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums:
For the Newbies; what type of SPP Elder I want:

ONLY ONE NEWBIE PER PERSON!
Remember, encourage newbies to sign up here in their introduction threads!

Click on the link to read a person's information.

Adopters awaiting to adopt someone:
??????
aquajet16
Babylon
Blurrz
Brandon-Kun
Chaos Emerald
Chelc
Cobalt Latios
Comis Patronus
ContestNoir888
CRAZY WACKO DUDE
Dark FireBird
derkins
Dimentio
Dragodynamite
Fire Suicuine
Sunraichu
Gentleman Skeleton
holy_lucario
Inferno
intergalactic platypus
Manaphy Mare
may white
Piekid11
pokefan
Pokemonforever
poke poke
PurpleMew
SapphireSwampert
Silentvibrava
Skull-Kid
Sogeking
~Spacial Rendation~
SuperStarly
Star Dust
treespyro
Tyran
Typo
Ultimate Dragon Knight
UmbreonLord
Wiimote
Wind
Xashlei
xXPorygonXx
youssef20138
Zadros

Adoptees awaiting to be adopted by someone:
Alexcore
Asher
ALL U CAN EAT
cake lover
Iceshadow
Creyst
daveoneeighty
DaveTheFishGuy
Digimon Dreamer
Digitized
Disarine
DJDojo
Drifloon_Soul
Dusk Vampire Kamui
EthanxElephants
Hax
Houndoomblaze123
I_like_licky
iloveperrytheplatypus200
Jason-Kun
Jessi Ray
Jumpy Fluff
Jurpassic
Khornate Advanceshipper
Leanne
lucario 5795
MePhiZToPheLeS
mjuslivin
MonferNOES!
Moogles4ever
mudkipboy
Nicolaxox
Roserawr
ryandeelena
Sally7676
Silver6
snowwhiteminx
Sonic15
T-major
The_red_ranger
Thebexter
Twelm
Unknown542
Vaydir
Volcanic Lord - Psyphonix
w1nds0r
xenogar
Ysavvryl
PorygoD
torchicflame
Sarge51

Please, if you get adopted, or adopt someone, post it here so I can alter the list.
-Locke Yggdrasill

Last edited:

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
First and foremost, I'll post my application in an appropriate manner for example:
Name you want to be called: Locke, Yiggy, Eric
Likes: Posting here at SPPf, playing video games, teaching karate
Dislikes: Dr. Pepper, learning spanish and algebra
Interests: Gaming, Martial Arts, Technology
SPPf Forums you visit often: Misc. Discussion, Misc. Polls, SPPf Help and Newbie Lounge, Serebii.net Discussion
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 3 years

Also, yes, I double posted, however it was kind of necessary, but don't follow this example.

Name you want to be called: Dani, Danielle, or any variation of those and my past usernames.
Dislikes: I don't dislike anything enough to list.
Interests: *points to likes*
SPPf Forums you visit often: New Posts (So bascially most sections. :p)
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 4 1/2 years

Darato

(o,..,o)
Name you want to be called: David, Dave or Darato
Dislikes: None really.
Interests: See likes.
SPPf Forums you visit often: Miscellaneous, Games and Clubs
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: two years eleven months and six days.

L.F.D.

Last edited:
Name you want to be called: Nick, Nicholas, NB, Pie, Giga Kirby, GK
Dislikes: School, Chores, Sleeping
Interests: Pokemon, Lemony snickets:A series of unfortunate events, Weird al
SPPf Forums you visit often:Fan art shops, Fan sprtes, Games, 4th gen disscusion, General pokemon disscusion, Clubs
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums:6 months

Name you want to be called:LT
Dislikes: verything I don't like
Interests: oklemon,so seris of unfortunate events.
Foums you vist often: uh clubs, team evee
SPPFor the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums:sice 3_-28-08

Last edited:

Ethan

Banned
Name you want to be called: Ethan, Babylon, Babs.
Likes: Theology, philosophy, ancient history, pokemon, reptilians, women, booz, and rock n' roll.
Dislikes: talkin lik dis, large egos, people that have their pants hanging below their knees, furries, etc.
Interests: Same as likes. I also have a strange amusement with clocks. =/
SPPf Forums you visit often: The debate forum, misc., misc polls, entertainment, once in a blue moon I'll visit the general pokemon discussion.
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: Almost 2 years.

Extra notes:

Do not ask for me to adopt you if you have no intention of sticking around. Stay active. I'll drop you like a hot potato if you disappear. I will also not be adopting anyone under the age of 15 maybe 14 if you can show me your mature. Since how the requirment to be an adopter in this thread is three months, I'll wean you off after three months. We can still remain good friends ofcourse, and you can still always come to me if your having trouble or questions. ^_^ I would also preferr if you had MSN so I can have an easy way to contact you.

Last edited:

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
legendarytamer said:
Name you want to be called:LT
Dislikes: verything I don't like
Interests: oklemon,so seris of unfortunate events.
Foums you vist often: uh clubs, team evee
SPPFor the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums:sice 3_-28-08
Application denied, you're too new. You've only been here since 3-28-08 which is 1 month and 11 days.

Last edited:
I want one =]
I've been here a week, I think I'm elidgeble to recieve a veteran, yes?

Name you want to be called: Randomosity! (Exclamation point optional)
Likes: Cats, Chocolate, Music, Word Search puzzles, slipper socks, thin markers (Like the coloring with kind)
Dislikes: Mean people, stress, lots of work, being sick, Lagging forums >:0
Interests: Writing, music, math, chemistry, games xD
SPPf Forums you visit often: Games, Face-Offs, Misc Polls
For the Newbies; what type of SPP Elder I want: A nice, non-judgemental one who won't snap at me for asking a question =P

Typo

been a while
Name you want to be called: Typo or Countypo
Dislikes: SPPf, school, clueless trolls, bellybutton lint.
Interests: Electronics, bugging people, myself, clubs, swimming, myself.
SPPf Forums you visit often: Misc, General Pkmn Discussion, Clubs, Games,
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 10 months.

maxx unlimited

<-Gender Undisclosed
Name you want to be called: Maxx, MU
Dislikes: Pokemon shipping
Interests: art, sports
SPPf Forums you visit often: Misc. Polls, 3rd Generation Discussion, Clubs
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 6 months and 18 days

Josiah

is your favorite
Name you want to be called:derkins, dérkins, Josiah, Master
Likes:Video Games, Youtube, Football, Wrestling (not pro), intelligent conversations
Dislikes:Improper spelling/grammar, idiocy in general
Interests:drawing, see Likes
SPPf Forums you visit often:Misc., General Pokemon, 2nd gen discussion, Nintendo/video game discussion
Length of time I have been here at:1 year, 8 months.

I will only accept a member that shows intelligence.

Last edited:

greywolf123

Name you want to be called: Reece mainly, Greywolf works too
Likes: Intelligent people, Video games, the sun(at times) good weather
Dislikes: Idoits, people who can't take criticism but can give it out too much, the sun (at times)
Interests: Tennis, debating, learning cool stuff.
SPPf Forums you visit often:Game forums, general, role play boards.
For the Newbies; what type of SPP Elder I want: Anyone willing to show me the ropes around here will do. Preferably someone who's a competitive battler.

Silentvibrava

Techno Teen
Name you want to be called: silentvibrava (perferrably my username)

Likes: computers, software, physics, astronomy, DDR, swimming, robotics, taking pictures, and being organized.

Dislikes: ignorance, laziness, hate, angry people.

Interests: I'm a major technology and science person.

SPPf Forums you visit often: Misc. Discussion, used to post in the fanfiction a lot, and I'm thinking of posting in Tech Help soon.

For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: I've been here with the same username since 2006. However, I had to leave for a while due to problems at home. I'm posting here until I graduate from high school.

O'Shea

Sounds Farfetch'd
This is perfect :D I'd love someone to show me the ropes!

Name you want to be called: O'Shea, Shea, or MK
Dislikes: bad spelling/grammar, spicy food, impatience
Interests: I love to draw, and I'm not bad at it. I also love writing.
SPPf Forums you visit often: Mostly the Trading and Team Rating ones.
For the Newbies; what type of SPP Elder I want: Hopefully someone who knows about competitive battling and good team-building, since I'd like to learn more about that :3 I don't mind if they're younger than me, as long as they're mature.

Sammi

Banned
Name you want to be called: Sammi, or Samz.
Age: 12. Though don't underestimate me for my age. I really dislike those kinds of people.
Likes: I like a lot of little things that don't matter, like Anime pairings and umbrellas. Oh, sweets too. My list of things I like is far too long so please skip this.
Dislikes: HOMOPHOBES. It's in caps for a reason. I really, really, really hate them. I can't stand them; I'm bisexual. Oh, and racists, Anti-Anime/Manga people, people who think whoever likes something Japanese is a weeaboo, people who disrespect art, people who are way too happy-go-lucky, anti-organized signature people, people who keep whining about not being able to make a good piece of art (you have to try instead of give up, goddamn), people who can't stand swearing, people who can't stand androgneous people, people who hate Japanese things because they're Japanese, people who call my by my real name, my real name, homework... and the list goes on and on.
Interests: Umm, I'll put my hobbies here. I love to draw, and every other form of visual art that doesn't involve acting. I also like writing and reading, as well as some forms of math, graphic designing, watching Anime, reading Manga, gaming, and taking walks in the rain. I also like shopping, worshipping Anime romance, and other girly things like playing with my hair. Oh umm, and editing my signature.
SPPf Forums you visit often: Shipping, Miscellaneous, Games, Polls, Mystery Dungeon/Trozei/Ranger, Fan Art, Alt Anime, Alt Manga.
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: I have been here since September of 06. That's over a year, for sure.

As a side note, I'm really picky with newbies/pairs/etc, so don't be too expectant of me to adopt you unless you really fit with me. I'd really love it if the Newbie wanted to actually be friends with me instead of me just showing them the ropes. I'd like to show someone the ropes and get to be friends with them at the same time. Anyway, that's all. I hope my post follows the rules and such. Oh. One more thing. As Babylon said, please be active here, and MSN would be nice since it would be easy contact.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I'm a rather perverse person that fangirls over Anime/Manga waaaaaaay too much to be considered... sane, and does really weird things, thinks oddly, spazzes a lot, isn't too patient and is really... quirky. Just a warning for any newbies that uh, are thinking of being adopted by me.

Last edited:
Locke Yggdrasill: I think it may be a good idea to have a variation of "What type of newbie I want" in the adopters' form, like in the newbie form.

Code:
Name you want to be called: Articuno
Dislikes: Bad grammar. 
Interests: Math, knowledge, music, making artwork, programming, web design
SPPf Forums you visit often: Misc. Discussion, Clubs, General Pokemon Discussion
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 6 months, 26 days
Notes: I WILL NOT tolerate lazy grammar or spelling. The newbie would preferably be at least 12 years old, with similar interests as mine. As Babylon said, I don't want a drop-out.

Last edited:

Mimori Kiryu

Name you want to be called: Mimori, Amanda
Likes: Anime/manga, shows on TLC, hanging out with my friends, trying to draw, participating in RPGs
Dislikes: People who think they're better than everyone else, bad grammar, people who insult others for no reason, my job
Interests: Anime/manga, writing, role playing, drawing, bowling, softball, major league baseball, grey's anatomy, little people big world, jon and kate plus eight
SPPf Forums you visit often: Role Playing Games, Miscellaneous Discussion, Alternate Anime, Clubs
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 3 years and 11 months - almost four years.

Like Sammi and some other members, I only want an adoptee that plans to stay at the forums for a long time and a person who wants to be friends with me. You'll need to understand that I really like anime and manga and I'm not going to bend to you. I'm not saying you have to like anime/manga to be friends with me, but I will relate to it alot. Just so you know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.