• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi<3

Love thy Satoshi
@Satoshi<3 I-I love you for making that AMV.;_______; So beautiful.~ <3 Gotta learn how to do that.
Oh your welcome! > .< I wanted to share it with all of you to enjoy!

ALSO.
I happened to re-upload the advanceshipping amv that many of you couldn't see because of stupid youtube -___- so here is a late advanceshipping present <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhBlCM46Vqc&feature=channel_video_title

Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
Hey there, AdvanceShippers... I just thought I'd drop by and share an interesting fact I came across when I was listing out all of the fanfics for this year's Shipping Fanfiction Oscars. Well, of the Best Fanfiction for a Specific Pairing categories, AdvanceShipping had far and away more eligible stories than any other individual pairing. With 11 stories, it edged out its nearest competition (PokeShipping, with 6 stories) by nearly double, which means that, out of all the pairings written about on this site this year, AdvanceShipping had the most written/updated stories of the year.

I think you all know that AdvanceShipping is overflowing with dedicated and passionate fanfiction writers, but this is yet another concrete example of that fact. Good work, you guys!

OH MY GOD SERIOUSLY!??
This makes me...makes me want to cry tears of joy! Advanceshipping shippers you guys are awesome! THEIR LOVE IS LEGENDARY DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS. xD

Also I will be voting quite soon but I saw many good advanceshipping fics so good job to all of you! * runs off to celebrate *

coolcj14

It feels good to be back, but it reminds me why I've been gone for a while. There are two main reasons: one being I my little pony but that's for a different site. The other was the fanfiction. No offense to anyone but the newest stories just don't reach up to par in my opinion. A story should have elaborate writing, but at the same time, be easy to read, and just come out naturally. Also, we don't write normal stories we write fanfiction. I feel if we are using someone else's character, then we should do them justice and have then stay in character. These newer stories just don't meet these standards in my eyes. Not to get off topic again, but I read a my little pony story (yes I shamelessly admit it) that the author finished not even 2 weeks ago and had gotten over 1000 reviews, having a massive spike (about 600 reviews) in its last few chapters. People loved it because everyone was in perfect character. For those interested it's called"It Takes a Village" and here's the link http://m.fanfiction.net/s/7490980/1/. I hope for the best in our stories to come, but at the moment this isn't it.

Last edited:

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
one being I my little pony but that's for a different site.

Great show. That being said, yes fanfiction is hard. And yes bronies will get far more reviews than advanceshippers, because their fandom is exploding right now. I just hope you're not comparing the worth of stories by their reviews.

And I could go into great detail about why it's easier to write pony fanfiction (there are a whole ton of main characters in a show aimed at a younger audience so the characters have to be very simple, defined and polarized for kids to keep them straight) but I won't because that's not what this thread is about. Hit me up with a PM sometime or find a MLP-themed thread if you want to talk about this more. ;)

Also I will be voting quite soon but I saw many good advanceshipping fics so good job to all of you! * runs off to celebrate *

^That's me. I'll vote, I just need to read the entrees first. I need some coffee and a free night and I'll get that done.

It's great that we've got the most! Way to go you guys. I might have to go find my old shipping award to use as a banner while the voting's going on. :3

Excellent news. We still have quite a bit of talent and motivation among us. Speaking of that, I have unfinished stories that I'm supposed to be working on... Thank you for sharing!

Yeah, that's more like what I was trying to say. Well done, everyponybody.

Last edited:

GloomyHaruka

They/them
@coolcj14 Well, whatever floats your boat.
But having a lot of reviews doesn't make it a good story off the bat.
My Little Pony fandom is expanding quite fast. But so did Advanceshipping at one point.
I think there are lots of good Advanceshipping stories, new or old, doesn't matter.
I don't look for if the story has a lot of reviews, or if it's new/old.
I looks for good plot, good story telling, etc.
But anyway's, it's your opinion. I think personally, the new writers are doing a great job so far!~

Also for your 'in-character' statement. I personally don't mind if the character is a bit off character.xD
But for me, there has to be a reason. Example, the story is different, something happened, different setting/life, crossover, etc.
I mean, imagine if all fics had the same perspective?xD It'd be boring after a while. Mind you, yes some stories are not the best and make Ash/May realllllly out of character. But that's art.~ Everything is unique and different, that's what makes it beautiful.;3 Even if it's fanbase art.~

Okay sorry, tend to rant on forever.xD

Hmmm I still have to finish reading a lot of fics, but I have to complete my drawings first. Noooooooooo.; 0 ;
Anyway, I wish everyone luck!!:3 <33

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Great show. That being said, yes fanfiction is hard. And yes bronies will get far more reviews than advanceshippers, because their fandom is exploding right now. I just hope you're not comparing the worth of stories by their reviews.

And I could go into great detail about why it's easier to write pony fanfiction (there are a whole ton of main characters in a show aimed at a younger audience so the characters have to be very simple, defined and polarized for kids to keep them straight) but I won't because that's not what this thread is about. Hit me up with a PM sometime or find a MLP-themed thread if you want to talk about this more. ;)

It's even harder when you see a potentially good plot but the writing puts you off. It's even harder when your their inspiration. XD

^That's me. I'll vote, I just need to read the entrees first. I need some coffee and a free night and I'll get that done.

Apples keep you more awake then coffee. True fact.

It's great that we've got the most! Way to go you guys. I might have to go find my old shipping award to use as a banner while the voting's going on. :3

We had...banners? lol. How long are we talking about? XDDD

And I have some advanceshipping fanart to show you all! It's been awhile since i posted anything fanart related. XD

[IMGsize=400]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/battlefreak602/tooclose.png[/IMGsize]

[IMGsize=400]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/battlefreak602/kissme.png[/IMGsize]

Both images found on pixiv (that japanese site,) don't know who the artist is.

And this one, i commissioned my good friend Ruby (Endless-Summer181) to do it for me. It's based off my story, "Ringer"

[IMGsize=400]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/battlefreak602/Lookingafteryou.png[/IMGsize]

<3

Last edited:

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
We had...banners? lol. How long are we talking about? XDDD

here's my one-and-a-half award banners:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/MistyMix89/Shippers Community Awards/Most-Improved.png

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/MistyMix89/Shippers Community Awards/Most-Determined.png

yeah, they're old.

Anyways, that middle fanart looks more like Misty due to the hair color and the clothes. I like the other two though! I'm interested to read Ringer now, I want to know what scene that is.

The top one is cute too. That's an intense moment they're sharing there.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
here's my one-and-a-half award banners:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/MistyMix89/Shippers Community Awards/Most-Improved.png

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/MistyMix89/Shippers Community Awards/Most-Determined.png

yeah, they're old.

Anyways, that middle fanart looks more like Misty due to the hair color and the clothes. I like the other two though! I'm interested to read Ringer now, I want to know what scene that is.

The top one is cute too. That's an intense moment they're sharing there.

I noticed that after i saw them. They bring back memories though. lol.

Oh dear! I never knew, I blame my comp's screen. It looks like brown here. I should remove it right?

Oh the scene, the last fanart its more like a mention then a scene. but it's rather important. =3

coolcj14

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to sound like I was saying a story is good based on the number of reviews it gets. I was just saying that it became very popular among a few different sites in a very short time. This story is like May's Crush to advanceshippers; everyone knows it and loves it. And as for the "in character" thing I was just stating my opinion, hence the reason why this thread was even made, I didn't mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I did. On that note, are there any new ideas going out right now that I could join in?

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Hello~

Tis I your friendly neighborhood neutral shipper.

Nice fanarts midnightjewelz, and...

[IMGsize=400]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/battlefreak602/kissme.png[/IMGsize]

<3

You know the first thing I thought when I saw that was "Did Misty and May accidentally end up in Bill's machine?" XD Anyway I did a comparison and I'm almost sure it's Misty. Not your fault though, the hair is reddish brown because of the light. The fanartist should have distinguished more.

I really do like the last fanart you posted though, Endless-Summer181 has always been good from what I remember.

Last edited:

Sayho1234

You know what they say, men marry women who remind them of their mothers. May is so much like Delia in terms of personality. If 4Kids were still dubbing the show, and they did some kind of epilogue episode where we see Ash marry May it would be a funny tongue-in-cheek joke if Ash said to May you remind me so much of my mother ;p XD.

forceunleasher

Help!!!

I come to this thread, so I can ask all of you AdvanceShippers....I really hope you can help me.
Once I found a fanfic which I forgot it's name.The problem is that I can't find it again. I turned the whole Google world upside down and I just can't find it.
Ok,someone,somewhere,posted a short story in which Ash had earned his last Battle Frontier symbol and everyone should go on their way.I remember May crying on a cliff and talking to Pikachu...after a while Ash hears her,then he starts to walk away but she hears him and follows him. Then there is a romantic scene where they show their feelings to eachother, they both cry, they accept the fact that they need to follow their dreams, then comes the sad moment where Ash gives May a letter.........I remember the first words of it:
"Dear May,(she was Dear to him and only that mattered to her)" or something like that.
I just NEED to find it and read it again.

Adelaide1994

The Theorizer
Well, Ive followed this thread since 2 years ago and I finally decided to join :)

Hi there, AdvanceShipping is my 2nd fav Ash pairing after PearlShipping(OTP). Its a pairing that intrigues me. I became a fan of this coupling after seeing Suzu's fanarts and reading through the first thread. I had a question that I wanted to ask regarding AdvanceShipping. Was there really a kiss episode between Ash and May? Ive been hearing these rumors since 2 years ago and even one of my friends admits to haven seen it.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Great fan art there. Man, this ship brings good memories. I still believe I'm most popular on FF.net for my advanceshipping fics. Two of them still need finishing, but I don't have the ideas for them.

Anyway @Satoshi<3, love the video. One of the best AMV's I've seen in a while. So creative.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Man, it's been a while everyone. I haven't logged into Serebii for ages! With the rumors of RSE remakes getting stronger, my passion for Pokemon has been renewed! I played BW and DPP but I could never capture the same feelings I had while playing RSE. While it was saving Prof. Birch, beating the twins, or catching Rayquaza, I have yet to experience that feeling of really "being in the game", and I hope the remakes will help there.

Anyways, along with that comes a passion to write fanfiction. I truly believe that this is the truest, most believable ship ever - Misty seems like more of a big sister, Dawn seems like a little sister, and Iris seems like.. a mentor? Out of all the interactions Ash has had with a female heroine, the ones with May have been the purest, most intimate ones. From basking under the awe of the Millenium Comet, when Ash heroically risked his life to save Manaphy, and the Water Temple and May was clutching her heart, praying in the escape pod, or the many, many times people had called them a couple, they were probably the strongest team of all. We must carry on the legacy of advanceshipping, and make sure that it never dies out.

"A good friend left me and, I miss her, every day... but I... I know we'll always be friends forever!"

We can safetly say this about a few things - The Advanced Generation Anime, May as a main character, Hoenn, Brock, but most importantly the golden age of this ship. Let's work to bring that age back to life.

Your fellow advanceshipper,
Wuster

Status
Not open for further replies.