• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Hey nomad, yeah. I'm pretty much everywhere. I need a life. XD

If there is a RSE remake, do you think that May will be back in the Anime once again? How long do you think she will stay?

Hm, like the Wallace Cup, around 5 episodes which is around a month in Japan. A whole month of May in Japan. <3 Oh, i think she will return for some sort of R/S/E mention like with HG/SS and currently BW2.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Do you think that male advancershippings (females if your a guy) support advanceshipping for the sames reason at all as guys/females? Is there a difference to even begin with?

I first got into advanceshipping as soon as I saw May in the first episode of AG. Her and Ash just fit each other. Not to mention I thought Misty was way too old, and like a sisterly figure, Dawn was like a little sister, and Iris.. cool friend? I don't even know what she is. May just fits the puzzle perfectly, almost like her and Ash are destined for each other. Not to bash on any other ship, that's just my opinion. I think May and Ash have really similar personalities, as well as complete differences which make each one of them their own, yet somehow connected.

Movie 9 was my favorite out of the lot, and the Wallace Cup/all the Hoenn episodes were my favorite.

Not to mention I got into Pokemon through Ruby, so Hoenn was my first Pokexperience! RSE is my favorite to date, with DP coming second, and FRLG coming in third.

All in all, I think May and Ash just complement each other, and they are pretty good together. They share a tight bond, and I just think that bond is stronger than any of the other heroines that we've seen. It's also one of those relationships that you just want to see happen, because you know it's gonna be amazing.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Do you think that male advancershippings (females if your a guy) support advanceshipping for the sames reason at all as guys/females? Is there a difference to even begin with?

I first got into advanceshipping as soon as I saw May in the first episode of AG. Her and Ash just fit each other. Not to mention I thought Misty was way too old, and like a sisterly figure, Dawn was like a little sister, and Iris.. cool friend? I don't even know what she is. May just fits the puzzle perfectly, almost like her and Ash are destined for each other. Not to bash on any other ship, that's just my opinion. I think May and Ash have really similar personalities, as well as complete differences which make each one of them their own, yet somehow connected.

Movie 9 was my favorite out of the lot, and the Wallace Cup/all the Hoenn episodes were my favorite.

Not to mention I got into Pokemon through Ruby, so Hoenn was my first Pokexperience! RSE is my favorite to date, with DP coming second, and FRLG coming in third.

All in all, I think May and Ash just complement each other, and they are pretty good together. They share a tight bond, and I just think that bond is stronger than any of the other heroines that we've seen. It's also one of those relationships that you just want to see happen, because you know it's gonna be amazing.

R/S/E remakes are rumoured to be out in 2013 but the recent screencaps from BW shows two towns very similar to Deford town and Pacifelog town. (can't spell. lol) but their rumours and i think their fake.

Misty was the same age as Ash, there was one episode (i think the caterpie one) where Misty yelled "This is the worst mornings in the ten years of my life!"

Lol, there have been some AS shippers say that May is like a female version of Ash since they have a lot of common. It's really cute to think about.

True.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Really? Misty just seems a lot older than Ash to me.. When I started watching the anime (Season 1) I thought she was 13-14, and Ash was obviously 10. Oh well, that's a neat little fact. Still doesn't change the fact she's like an older sister to him though :p

Breeder Drew

If Ash and May got married, who would the best man and maid of honour be?

Probably Brock and Dawn. May did have the most interaction with Dawn, at least in terms of interacting with another Poke-Girl.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
If Ash and May got married, who would the best man and maid of honor be?

I would think Brock/Gary/Ritchie (Probably Brock however, seeing as he's been like a big brother and mentor to Ash since S1) and for May, I think Dawn for sure.

Breeder Drew

Of course, Caroline and Delia would take turns sobbing, because that's just how it is. Heck, I think even Norman would start crying a bit.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
You bet, and he'd probably blame it on a stray grain of sand or something. So, have there been any recently updated good Advanceshipping fics recently? I came back from a long break, so I'm trying to get in the swing of things..

Breeder Drew

You bet, and he'd probably blame it on a stray grain of sand or something. So, have there been any recently updated good Advanceshipping fics recently? I came back from a long break, so I'm trying to get in the swing of things..

I wouldn't know, I haven't read one that was made after 2008. I am currently working on one, however.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Me too, hopefully we can both get the chance to read each others :p. We need a boost of some sort, if May came back to the anime that'd be huge, but it's unlikely.. Really to me after Dawn, I stopped paying attention to the anime.. Anyways back on topic:

If Ash and May got together, how would Brock react?

I personally think he'd facepalm, and ask himself why he can't find love too. Then he'd be really really happy for them!

FinalSynFrey

Brock would be jealous because Ash got his FIRST gf~ xD
And I guess he's happy that Ash finally found his love while Brock still has a long way to go haha.

Hot Limit

Really? Misty just seems a lot older than Ash to me.. When I started watching the anime (Season 1) I thought she was 13-14, and Ash was obviously 10. Oh well, that's a neat little fact. Still doesn't change the fact she's like an older sister to him though :p
I completely agree with you! When I was a kid, I thought she was older! Then I come on the internet a while ago - maybe a year ago - and I find out that she's 10! I was speechless, and it's still hard to believe right now!

Well, each person is different. I for one, as a female, liked advanceshipping since the first episode because I liked the way they acted around the other. I also liked May because she seemed cool to me. :)

Do any other shippings remind you of Advanceshipping?

As others have said, Vineshipping comes to mind.

If Ash and May got married, who would the best man and maid of honour be?

I would say Brock would be a sure deal for the best man. As for Maid of Honor, I'm not sure.

If there is a RSE remake, do you think that May will be back in the Anime once again? How long do you think she will stay?

Man, I hope so! I would wish she would stay for about four episodes worth at least! xD

This leads me to a new topic:

If May were to come back for an appearance in the anime, what do you suppose the scenario/reasoning would be?

Since there's no contest, I'm a bit curious since she went to Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup. Maybe just to visit Ash then?

FinalSynFrey

If May were to come back for an appearance in the anime, what do you suppose the scenario/reasoning would be?
I guess cheering for Ash in the Unova Pokemon League. Or maybe when he comes back to Pallet at the end of Best Wishes?

Hot Limit said:
Since there's no contest, I'm a bit curious since she went to Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup. Maybe just to visit Ash then?
I think the Wallace Cup ribbon would also count for the Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn contests. But that still leaves the question on why May went to Sinnoh. I can guess that Ash probably called May to come to Sinnoh for a Contest.

The Shiny Gengar

Magically Delicious

I'd say she'd come for a friendly visit, as there isn't anything for her to do in Unova contest wise. Maybe she would be looking for a particular Pokemon?

What I'm hoping is that Nintendo comes out with a Ruby/Sapphire remake in the next few years and May reappears in the anime for an arc or so.

Breeder Drew

Likely to come participate in a contest, where she "accidentally" runs into Ash and his group.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!

A special contest, or a new, special Pokemon she wanted to get. Jokes! Even though those two are more plausible, I'd think she'd want to visit Ash, and hang out with him again! I agree with Gengar, the remakes are something I'm dearly hoping for.

Breeder Drew

If the remakes do happen, they could just create a new character instead of going through all the hassle of bringing May back, which would seriously disappoint me. I'm really beginning to wonder if May will ever come back after the Wallace Cup.

The Shiny Gengar

Magically Delicious
I would tend to say that when the anime finally concludes (If it ever does, that is) all of Ash's old friends would appear during the final arc of something.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
She is one of the more popular ones of Ash's friends right? I'd like to see a movie, or something similar to the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special, just with Dawn and May instead. And in that, I will get my AshxMay tag battle that I desperately need to see :p! I'd hate to see them make some random new character for the RSE remakes, because it's such a shame that they didn't drop more shippy hints (Even though you could argue movie 9 as being the most shippy Pokemon movie ever). I guess, what I'm really disappointed in is the fact I got into shipping after Hoenn, during Sinnoh.. I remember that first time I googled "Ash and May relationship"... Ah memories. I read through MC, and MC2 and cursed myself for doing it because I got really attached to that story.. I couldn't wait to see it finished. I guess it's up to us to revive the faith people used to have in this ship eh?

ChloboShoka

Writer
Nice to see this thread still alive. ;D
Brock would be jealous because Ash got his FIRST gf~ xD
And I guess he's happy that Ash finally found his love while Brock still has a long way to go haha.

I think Brock could also react the opposite as well. Brock would be happy and it would inspire him on his own quest for love.

Status
Not open for further replies.