• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along the line of ways to tell each other, maybe a third party would tell them that it's obvious that they have feelings for each other. That leads to a discussion between the two about how they actually feel. Then they go to a buffet, and have every Advanceshipper be satisfied.

QF T

(There's really not much more I can say)

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
QF T

(There's really not much more I can say)
Yeah that's right.......I plot.

Around what time did you get into Advanceshipping?

I know not everyone here has been an Advanceshipper since day one. Heck some of us were too young and didn't even watch it. And others have gotten into it much later.

So for me, my big get into Advanceshipping was about a year and a half ago. I've always liked this pairing, but I was never really a big shipper person. So I started looking at fanart and started reading different advance fics. And here I am now. Because of it, I started watching the anime again, in chronological order, (weirdly enough I've slowed down my watching since I got to around episode 300, so in AG.) and I started doing more things. So for me, I've been an Advanceshipper for around a year and a half. But if you count support, probably around 9 years when I started watching more Pokemon.

aloasa

The sound of drums
Around what time did you get into Advanceshipping

I think it's about this time The double battle of Ash and May
they where really cute together and their bickering was fun, I thought it could work, big diference from Ash vs Misty when it happened, so yeah :D
It was around that time my love for this ship began

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Around what time did you get into Advanceshipping?

I got into AdvanceShipping whole-hearted lay about last year, just around then. See my first real episode of Pokémon was one of the Wallace Cup episodes around 2007/2008, and I really liked it when Ash and May would talk to each other and I was convinced that they were a couple, so imagine my disappointment when I realized that they weren't. Well fast forward to last year and I got interested in the ship when I rewatched some of AG's episodes and I thought Ash and May would make a nice couple, and I got even more interested in it so I headed over to Bulbapedia for more info, and yes that was dumb on my part but whatever. So then I headed here on this thread as a lurker, trying to see some more info about it, when I stumbled upon CyberCubed's "Two of a Kind" fic, and I was hooked! So much I read more of this thread, and found "May's Crush", and it's sequel! And the rest is history!

aloasa

The sound of drums
of course it would be May's Crush, I mean who hasn't read that fic and loved it...overrated as it is, a shame the author dissapeared

aloasa

The sound of drums
I know...but I sometimes thing it gets so much hype because of the unfinished sequel, sorry, I just think that way at times

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
What?! How's it overrated? It's one of the best fanfics in the ship's history! I mean sure there's more fic that are as good, but can I help it if that was the second fic I read?

Eh, I think its too overated too because the way the story is written and how Drew was protrayed. MC2 is much better and it shows how much the writer grew up in a sense. I think there are better stories in a writing sense that are better than MC2 but that is just my opinion.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I would say FF.net is the home of Advance shipping fanfics. They have the most, and let's not forget the best. I actually enjoy reading advanceshipping fics on there unlike the pokeshipping fics on there *shudders*
Anyways, there was this one High School Contest/Advanced love triangle fic with Ash and Drew fighting over May, and May being agitated on who to chose because she likes them both (big drama) it's a great/funny read. If I could find it, I'd link it ASAP.

p96822

Evolve me please
Who will kiss who first I want to know. Will Ash kiss May first because of his boldness or will May kiss him because her knowlegde of romanace?

I would say FF.net is the home of Advance shipping fanfics. They have the most, and let's not forget the best. I actually enjoy reading advanceshipping fics on there unlike the pokeshipping fics on there *shudders*
Anyways, there was this one High School Contest/Advanced love triangle fic with Ash and Drew fighting over May, and May being agitated on who to chose because she likes them both (big drama) it's a great/funny read. If I could find it, I'd link it ASAP.

You're thinking of Figure It Out. I can't link it now as I'm on my phone, but it's written by the same guy as the one I posted about a week ago, SjShark24 (or whatever number it is)

Either way I liked it a lot. I found it cute.

Kuvario

I think it's Figure It Out from Sjshark24, I only read one chapter, but I did read his other ADV fic, Inconceivable. That one is about how Ash gets May pregnant and they both run away from home, it just finished and it was really good.

To Midnight, well sometimes it does feel overrated, but MC2 is much better, if only PikamasterADV could've finished it.

To p96822, it has to be May, she knows what it actually means, unlike Ash.

Last edited:

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
Two of a Kind by CyberCubed is by far my favorite. So beautifully written. A happy ending for Ash and May and no over the top drama. Even the ages were right. Ash and May start off as 14 and 12 in the beginning and are something like 17 and 15 at the end before being slightly older in the epilogue. Everything about that fan fiction was brilliant.

Harley and Me by the Shiny Gengar is a close second. Harley being a creep as usual and Drew actually helping May realize she loves Ash. Hugely funny moments and just flat out cute.

The Aura is With Me really needs to be finished, but the author is sick apparently.

Last edited:

Kuvario

Two of a Kind by CyberCubed is by far my favorite. So beautifully written. A happy ending for Ash and May and no over the top drama. Even the ages were right. Ash and May start off as 14 and 12 in the beginning and are something like 17 and 15 at the end before being slightly older in the epilogue. Everything about that fan fiction was brilliant.

Harley and Me by the Shiny Gengar is a close second. Harley being a creep as usual and Drew actually helping May realize she loves Ash. Hugely funny moments and just flat out cute.

The Aura is With Me really needs to be finished, but the author is sick apparently.

Welcome to this thread! Yeah, Two of a Kind was really well written, it really sucks you into the story. But I think Ash and May were about 16 and 14 respectively nearing the epilogue, and in the epilogue they were 19 and 18 respectively. Oh, I haven't read Harley and Me yet, but it looks really good. I haven't read The Aura is With Me yet either, I read the authors note on the last chapter he wrote and it said something about a mental issue or something like that, I hope he is well though.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
Welcome to this thread! Yeah, Two of a Kind was really well written, it really sucks you into the story. But I think Ash and May were about 16 and 14 respectively nearing the epilogue, and in the epilogue they were 19 and 18 respectively. Oh, I haven't read Harley and Me yet, but it looks really good. I haven't read The Aura is With Me yet either, I read the authors note on the last chapter he wrote and it said something about a mental issue or something like that, I hope he is well though.

I went back to Two of a Kind and Ash and May were 14 and 12 in the beginning, 16 and 14 somewhere in the middle, and 21 and 19 in the epilogue.

I do hope the writer of The Aura is With Me is ok. I saw his note about his mental health too.

Go and read Harley and Me. It's really funny.

Kuvario

I went back to Two of a Kind and Ash and May were 14 and 12 in the beginning, 16 and 14 somewhere in the middle, and 21 and 19 in the epilogue.

I do hope the writer of The Aura is With Me is ok. I saw his note about his mental health too.

Go and read Harley and Me. It's really funny.

I really hope TestSubject, the writer for Aura is with me, is alright, this kind of stuff is serious.

I'll go read both fics when I have the time. I have read ShinyGengar's other ADV fics, and they were all great! But I still haven't read Fiercer Than A Legendary yet.

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
You're thinking of Figure It Out. I can't link it now as I'm on my phone, but it's written by the same guy as the one I posted about a week ago, SjShark24 (or whatever number it is)

Either way I liked it a lot. I found it cute.
Sharkie!

I didn't know he wrote. I should take a look.

On another note. I'm almost done with the chapter I've been working on these last few months. I really need to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.