• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
Actually, "opposites attract" is pretty much wrong. Relationships like that do happen, but they hardly ever work out, because the differences result in conflict. Superficial differences are ok, but when it comes to things like core values... yeah. Pokeshippers like to say that Ash and Misty are opposites, but they're really similar... In fact, a lof ot their conflicts come from their similarities... Ah, enough of that, I did not come here to talk about Pokeshipping, I swear! It just kind of happens, eheh. But I can see the appeal of Advanceshipping (contest pun)! Actually, I think the Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping community have kind of a special relationship. May and Misty were the first two girls, so we had a really concentrated rivalry. But then we kind of ended up having to deal with similar problems.
Yeah with the pokeshipping relationships. Now with all of the other people coming in, there's not as much of a conflict.

So has anyone here read any good Advanceshipping fics lately?

SakuraLatias

Objection!
I also love that they have two final-evolved starter Pokémon; both from Kanto/Hoenn. Ash's Charizard is from Kanto and May's Blaziken is from Hoenn. Ash's from Pallet while May's from Petalburg. Both of fully evolved Grass starter Pokémon from opposite regions. May's Venusaur and Ash's Sceptile. Lastly, Ash owns a Squirtle, May owns a Wartortle and Gary (Ash's formal rival) owns a Blastoise. Ash originally wanted Squirtle as his starter, then it was later taken by Gary. (Ashy-boy, if only. :p)

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I don't know, I still am big with the opposite attracts relation.
Then again, I still love Ash x May
So has anyone on here been reading any good advanceshipping fics lately?
No, Lol can anyone link some?

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I posted a link of it before, the one with May, Ash, and Drew. I think it's a really nice pic because their love triangle is super interesting. I think everyone knows May and Drew likes each other but I always like to think Ash and May love each other secretley, to make the triangle a bit subtle. They will always have the best triangle imo

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
What if May went on a picnic with Ash? And Ash want to ask her to be his gf?
I think it would be pretty romantic. I could totally see them outside together, being cute, with most of their pokemon out of their ball, and hanging out together, to add more of Ash and May's perfect date, they should bring imo their symbolism, the vineshipping pokemon, as it reflects off of their relationship too. If he did ask May out, she'd be thrilled, and a picnic would be a great time to do so.
Also Does anyone on here make awesome AMV's
I am looking for someone who could make kick butt AMV's for an advanceshipping amv I'm looking for. If you're interested in making one PM me please because this one song I think makes sense :D

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
I think it would be pretty romantic. I could totally see them outside together, being cute, with most of their pokemon out of their ball, and hanging out together, to add more of Ash and May's perfect date, they should bring imo their symbolism, the vineshipping pokemon, as it reflects off of their relationship too. If he did ask May out, she'd be thrilled, and a picnic would be a great time to do so.
Also Does anyone on here make awesome AMV's
I am looking for someone who could make kick butt AMV's for an advanceshipping amv I'm looking for. If you're interested in making one PM me please because this one song I think makes sense :D
Sounds like you have enough to do a oneshot for us. You should write it and we could check it out.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Kinda surprised the Manaphy movie hasn't been brought up in awhile. Had some shippy moments.

Kinda surprised the Manaphy movie hasn't been brought up in awhile. Had some shippy moments.

Trust me, it gets brought up a lot.

Theyd bring a literal truckload of food and eat it all, while laughing and having a good time. At the end of the day, theyd sit and watch the sunset together, which is when theyd confess.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

Well I recently brought it up saying I personally don't think that movie had SOLID hints. Sure there was some there, but I prefer other hints in the show that should be mentioned, because mosey people I knew said the 9th movie was the only aspect that put forth to advanceshipping when it actually wasn't. There were many other episodes that put forth to their relationship, or built it up that I thought should've had more credit for. I was a bit sad that episodes like those weren't mentioned.

p96822

Evolve me please
What made you become an AdvanceShipper?

I was made a Advanceshipper by the interactions of Ash and May. Also the episode Bitter and better

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
What made you become an AdvanceShipper?

I was made a Advanceshipper by the interactions of Ash and May. Also the episode Bitter and better

Probably recently while watching AG over again. I forgot that there were interactions between them because I was young last time I watched it. I noticed about a month ago that they do have interactions and there are hints that May/Ash likes each other.

What made you become an AdvanceShipper? I was made a Advanceshipper by the interactions of Ash and May. Also the episode Bitter and better[/QUOTE said:
Honestly, it didn't take much for me to become one. May was huge breath of fresh air from the rather cranky character that was Misty. Then I noticed the student/teacher relationship between them and believed they would get along a lot better in a relationship than Ash would with Misty.

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
How I got into Advanceshipping?

Well I really don't remember the most. I just remember that I really liked May as a character. And somehow always supported the shipping. And even before I got real big into shipping, I was always into it. So I guess it was just natural for me to become an Advanceshipper.

So how's everyone doing?

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Which couple from another show/game/movie does Ash and May resemble most? And state reasons how they are similar.
Gee, I don't know this is hard.. I would try to say, since the two get along fairly well and rarely argue. (They do argue but not as much)
But Zoey and Chase from Zoey101? Chase was pretty clumsy and ditzy like May, and Zoey was more of the better student, and competitive like Ash. And they were bestfriends, didn't fight much, were alike. So, it's a slight edge but I think that's similar to them

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
To answer my own question, I think Tidus and Yuna from Final Fantasy X is similar, Ash is like Tidus, athletic, friendly, impatient at times and caring for their female counterparts. May and Yuna are similar because they want to do what's right, they have fathers who are respected throughout world, they are compassionate and kindhearted to everyone, there are minor differences, but I think the comparison works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.