• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
Since the Hoenn remakes have been confirmed, May´s return absolutely NEEDS to happen.
There is no excuse for the writers to leave her out if and when the anime starts to promote the games.
I have such fond memories of the AG saga and it´s been too long since May´s last appearance.

What would you like to see if May shows up in Kalos?
Definitely the ribbon and a handful of sweet moments between Ash and May. Also, I want May´s cameo
to be nice and long. Dawn got a big cameo (give or take 10 episodes), so it´s only fair that May gets one too.
Of course the dream scenario would be a full 50+ episode BF arc in Hoenn after the main XY saga,
but that´s probably too much asked.

Btw. nice artwork there, asuna07neros!

Now that Gen. 3 remakes were confirmed...do you think May (or Max for that matter) would return to the XY series temporarily just to promote Gen. 3 or whatever?
We could see some AdvanceShippy moments if that would happen...

I do wish so. Satoshi and Haruka are destined to meet again. I do believe that they still have their half ribbons with them and that they have to show it with each other.

Yeah, the first thing I thought about the remakes was "does that mean May's making a cameo?" I think there's actually a good chance of this happening because May got a second cameo when the Hoenn gang journeyed through Kanto. At the same time, I doubt they're take a trip to Hoenn. And afaik there's no contests the Kalos region. I really hope this happens so we can get even more Advanceshipping moments. I will Advanceship til I die. I put it in all my fics.

They gotta bring back that Terracotta ribbon.

I do wish she comes back. And I hope they do not redesign the female trainer like what they did in HG and SS. If that happens, chances of Haruka coming back would be close to impossible and they might use the remade female trainer instead.

Sad to say, but ive heard that may´s voice actor has contraced a voice spazem dicease, which means she might need to get a new voice actor.

Aww, that's too bad. I'm going to miss her "Kamo". But I hope if ever they have her reappear, she still have that accent of hers.

Since the Hoenn remakes have been confirmed, May´s return absolutely NEEDS to happen.
There is no excuse for the writers to leave her out if and when the anime starts to promote the games.
I have such fond memories of the AG saga and it´s been too long since May´s last appearance.

Definitely the ribbon and a handful of sweet moments between Ash and May. Also, I want May´s cameo
to be nice and long. Dawn got a big cameo (give or take 10 episodes), so it´s only fair that May gets one too.
Of course the dream scenario would be a full 50+ episode BF arc in Hoenn after the main XY saga,
but that´s probably too much asked.

Btw. nice artwork there, asuna07neros!

Heck yeah! I demand a Haruka cameo. And thank you BTW. :D

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Oh damn there were so many typos in my last post (it probably didn't make sense to everyone) but I fixed them.

I actually had no idea Dawn had such a long cameo (haven't watched the show for about 2 years). In that case, May totally deserves it. Skiyomi told us last year that ASers wrote the most fics of 2012. This ship is still strong, and a good chunk of the fans would be happy if they brought her back, even for an episode (but hopefully more).

Oh damn there were so many typos in my last post (it probably didn't make sense to everyone) but I fixed them.

I actually had no idea Dawn had such a long cameo (haven't watched the show for about 2 years). In that case, May totally deserves it. Skiyomi told us last year that ASers wrote the most fics of 2012. This ship is still strong, and a good chunk of the fans would be happy if they brought her back, even for an episode (but hopefully more).

Dude, I love your fanfics. Keep it up. I'd die as an advancshipper as well. ^_^

aloasa

The sound of drums
WE GOT REMAKES!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!! Sorry, can't contain my pure happinest right now, I love this day, remember remember the 7th of May XD
Anyway, What would you like to see if May shows up in Kalos?
Two things, contest and the terracotta ribbon

I can finally say Hoenn Confirmed without being laughed at.

May get a Mega Blaziken, and for her to battle Ash.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
No worries, I agreed with you on it in the May fan club.
The second biggest thing I'm hype about the RSE remakes was because it's a chance for May to return. I'd love to have her battle Ash with it.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Dude, I love your fanfics. Keep it up. I'd die as an advancshipper as well. ^_^

Oh, thanks. Not sure if you're talking about mine specifically (since I've only done 2) or ASers. I'm gonna guess it's the latter. I'd recommend Midnight's stuff. She's pretty good with the emotional scenes.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I think May should have visited Ash in more regions, she travels a lot too-so why not meet up with Ash in Kalos. I just want more interactions D:

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
I haven't been here in a while... glad to see this thread is still going! Yay advanceshipping <3

Here's a new question!

With the new Pokemon Games announced. (Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby if you didn't know yet - HOENN CONFIRMED!) Do you think they'll bring May back?

I really hope they keep May as the female protagonist for this game, because it'd be a big chance for her to come back! And then we can get more Ash and May interaction. :D

I haven't been here in a while... glad to see this thread is still going! Yay advanceshipping <3

Here's a new question!

With the new Pokemon Games announced. (Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby if you didn't know yet - HOENN CONFIRMED!) Do you think they'll bring May back?

I really hope they keep May as the female protagonist for this game, because it'd be a big chance for her to come back! And then we can get more Ash and May interaction. :D

I do hope so. Haruka is in my opinion, the best female heroine of the series. I hope she and Satoshi gets together.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
OMG ITS REAL. ITS FINALLY REAL. THE REMAKES. I'M CRYING.

I believe so unless they want that horrible reaction from the fans again when Kris was replaced with Lyra. Nintendo is pretty good at listening to their fans so the only changes we should see is her outfit and possibly her hairstyle.

Now in the mean time I'll be rocking in this chair screaming that May could show up in XY and my OTP will finally be canon will see each other once again.

OMG ITS REAL. ITS FINALLY REAL. THE REMAKES. I'M CRYING.

I believe so unless they want that horrible reaction from the fans again when Kris was replaced with Lyra. Nintendo is pretty good at listening to their fans so the only changes we should see is her outfit and possibly her hairstyle.

Now in the mean time I'll be rocking in this chair screaming that May could show up in XY and my OTP will finally be canon will see each other once again.

I do hope they just give Haruka some new outfit and I hope she travels with Satoshi for a very long time. There's a good reason why she should remain longer. Aside from the remake, she has two Pokemon that can use mega evolution. I hope they don't screw up Haruka's character. I'm really getting hyped up. :D

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Remember how pathetic May was a a trainer when she had that tiny, yet super adorable, Torchic? When did she go from that to super powerful team? Yet another reason why I think the writers wrote her the best.

If Misty, May, Dawn, and Iris had a 4-way battle, who do you think would win?

I feel like Misty loses battles more often than winning (I mean, look at her Pokemon Special episodes), Iris never seemed strong (but I stopped watching the anime during her time, so I'm not sure), I'd definitely see it go between May and Dawn, and sure Dawn might be a better coordinator, but May's pokemon are just so massive and naturally strong. And isn't that the type of woman Ash needs? Someone who can give him love and the battles of his life?

BubChan

Wonderwall
I do hope they just give Haruka some new outfit and I hope she travels with Satoshi for a very long time. There's a good reason why she should remain longer. Aside from the remake, she has two Pokemon that can use mega evolution. I hope they don't screw up Haruka's character. I'm really getting hyped up. :D

Yes xD hope we get more Advance Moments :3

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
So the remakes are real huh? That's good. Well sadly I don't expect May to return for a full cameo seeing that her JPN VA is suffering from a vocal cord problem. But possibly we could see Ash reference May in a voiceless cameo in a possible Hoenn Festival episode. For example he sees the Hoenn starters in the Festival, so he remembers what happened on that fateful day when Ash met May, and so he tell his friends about her. Possibly we could even see the Terracotta Ribbon/Medal returning as well.

BubChan

Wonderwall
So the remakes are real huh? That's good. Well sadly I don't expect May to return for a full cameo seeing that her JPN VA is suffering from a vocal cord problem. But possibly we could see Ash reference May in a voiceless cameo in a possible Hoenn Festival episode. For example he sees the Hoenn starters in the Festival, so he remembers what happened on that fateful day when Ash met May, and so he tell his friends about her. Possibly we could even see the Terracotta Ribbon/Medal returning as well.

Yes! it's really hard dor May return to the show
many Misty and Dawn fans will not like, but if the remakes are canon
Maybe we gonna se May in a flashback, her JPN VA is sufffering a Vocal cord problem? that's sad
hope she get better D:

but i still hope to see May in Kalos
i want to all pokégirls go to kalos xD want to se Serena's reaction lol

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
As a Misty/Dawn fan, I would not mind for May to return, more advance hints, good enough for me :D

BubChan

Wonderwall
As a Misty/Dawn fan, I would not mind for May to return, more advance hints, good enough for me :D

yes, but there's some Misty and Dawn fans that hates May
Many Misty fans hates May because she is the first to "take Misty's place"
Some Dawn fans hates May because Many May fans thinks that May is better than Dawn in contest
So i think they will think that this is an injustice for Misty and Dawn (I think Iris will appear in Kalos xD so it is no a "injustice" for her"

But just want to get more Advance hints haha :D

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I totally disagree with people like that. Who cares.

Anyways, what ADV hints are you guys hoping to see, if we get a hoenn arc and or we get may

Status
Not open for further replies.