• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Okay, so since the posts have been deleted in which Midnight talked about this, we really need to vote on our themes for ADV Week. It got zero attention last time Midnight brought it up, but it needs to be done. Therefore...

Vote on your favorite themes for Advanceshipping Week! The top six themes will be selected, and organized into one theme per day! Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be the theme for November 21st!

Ribbon- 7
Knight/Princess- 6
Manaphy- 4
Food/Sweets- 4
Reunion- 4
Student/Teacher- 4
Family life- 2
Teddiursa- 2
Celebration- 1
Future- 1
Kisses- 1
Medieval- 1
Under the sea- 1
Wedding- 1
Knight in shining armor- 1

Sorry if I'm stealing your thunder, Midnight, but I figured we'd need to get this done (especially since we're probably going to have to do multiple rounds, given the small number of voters), and I'm unlikely to be able to participate much with the week itself, so I'd better help with setting it up. We also really need to get going with setting it up if we're serious about having Advancers forum write up something about our celebration and spread the word.

EDIT: Updated with Setsuna and asuna07's votes. Thanks guys. I've also put in my own (Knight/Princess, Medieval, Student/Teacher [which I wholeheartedly believe needs lots of votes], Ribbon, Celebration, and Future). Once we get a few more votes, I'll start reorganizing them in order of most votes to see which ones are in the lead.
EDIT 2: DarkLucarioADV's votes are added, and the list is reorganized. Glad to see so much enthusiasm for this, so far. I'm actually probably going to do a couple of these instead of my promised double-update for BD. Though I do plan to release the next chapter of that this week, still.
EDIT 3: phanphycross and Doziz's votes are in.
EDIT 4: BabyBlueEyes123 has voted. In case anybody is wonder, this is just so I can keep track of who has voted. Will probably condense it into a spoiler list of names if it gets much longer.

No actually, thanks for your help. I've been trying to get everyone's attention since I mentioned it. I was afraid this thing wasn't going to go through. I was going to post saying I need the top six ideas done so I can inform people waiting on tumblr and the advancers for the themes AND start making a graphic for it to share but its nice to have a helping hand. OH EON I MISSED YOU BUDDY. If I could give you a r

Now what we need is the top 6 voted themes (because ORAS is set as Day 7's theme) and then after that we can vote what theme goes for what day. I think I will be participating in some days so it should be right to put my votes in. But I have a updated theme post above as some themes have been merged into each other.

Teacher&Student
Food/Sweets
Knight&Princess
Celebration
Reunion
Future

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Can you let me know which ones have been merged? I suppose I can merge the votes too, but that's going to throw a pretty decent-sized wrench into the voting process.

Also, will have your votes tallied, Midnight. Thanks for the support, and the okay.

EDIT: Votes up!

Last edited:

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Can you let me know which ones have been merged? I suppose I can merge the votes too, but that's going to throw a pretty decent-sized wrench into the voting process.

Also, will have your votes tallied, Midnight. Thanks for the support, and the okay.

EDIT: Votes up!

The themes that have been merged are these ones. They are nothing major.

Knight&Princess/Medieval
Under the sea/Manaphy

Some members decided to put Knight in Shining Armor under the Medieval catogory because it is no different from the Medieval theme or Knight&Princess.

Also there were two other themes added that they were:

Bulbasaur
Moments

That is all the changes made.

When we got the top 6 themes (including ORAS as the 7th) I will make a poster of the themes and the days they will go under. I will share it here, on tumblr and then give it to the staff of the advancers. We have a month to go so some members can make banners or icons if they want while waiting.

Last edited:

BabyBlueEyes23

It's awesome to see how much work Eon and Midnight have put into this :D
It's really going to be an amazing week :D

And BTW Asuna, very cute scenario for your fanfic :) Love the whole Facebook idea ;)
I've also recently written a Advanceshiping One-Shot inspired by the season :)
It would be AWESOME if you guys checked it out :)
It's here »https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10751033/1/Ashes-and-Wine

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Alright... all changes done. Also, I gave both "Bulbasaur" and "Moments" one vote each, so that they have an equal chance of being chosen despite their late start. Fair?

Also, I'll see how many people vote on this for the next couple days. By Thursday, if people aren't voting, we can just end it if you guys want. Given how few people we have here, it's worth judging it off the cuff so we aren't wasting time.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Alright... all changes done. Also, I gave both "Bulbasaur" and "Moments" one vote each, so that they have an equal chance of being chosen despite their late start. Fair?

Also, I'll see how many people vote on this for the next couple days. By Thursday, if people aren't voting, we can just end it if you guys want. Given how few people we have here, it's worth judging it off the cuff so we aren't wasting time.

Fair enough, when we do get our top 6 and then choose what themes we want for each day I will start on a poster. I might make banners or little icons in the meantime but university is so mean, giving me no time at all! but I only have a week left.

Anybody else is free to make banners, icons, GIFS and graphics in general while we wait for Nov 15 (thats the day our Advanceshipping Week will start. The Week will end on Nov 21, Advanceshipping Day & the release of ORAS). After all we are all advancershippers here and we shouldn't feel resistricted just because me and Eon and taking charge here.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Alright... seeing as we've had no votes for the past two days, and Midnight (who is essentially the de-facto thread leader) has given her ok, I'm going to close the voting for ADV week here.

Votes are as follows!

Knight/Princess/Medieval/Knight in Shining Armor- 9
Ribbon- 7
Food/Sweets- 5
Manaphy/Under the Sea- 5
Reunion- 5
Student/Teacher- 5

Celebration- 2
Family life- 2
Future- 2
Teddiursa- 2
Bulbasaur-1
Kisses- 1
Moments- 1
Wedding- 1

The top six themes are in bold, so we have our winners! I personally like these results, and I'll definitely be participating for at least two themes. Pretty clear-cut wins as well.

Midnight, that banner you said you'd be making is a go. I hope you have fun making it. Everybody else, now's the time for discussion!

Which themes are you planning on writing/making art/celebrating for?

Any themes you're really looking forward to?

And the next step... choosing what themes we want for each day. This, I don't feel we should really vote on, more that we should have a discussion, else the voting would get complicated.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Eon: Well I guess I'll just pick which themes for for each day while making the banner to save everyone time and a headache. Ok, once I've finish this essay I'll get straight on it.

Well ORAS and Knight&Princess I already have fanart of. The question is if I can finish them in the week. I could pull off a Food&Sweets pic too. AHH SO MUCH TO DOOOO.

ALL OF THEM. ALL. A WEEK OF FANFICS AND FANART OF MY OTP IS SOMETHING A SHIPPER ALWAYS LOOKS FORWARD TOOO~

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Ok, essay wasn't finished when I did this so I lied. But I couldn't hold it in. Here it is, poster is done.
[imgsize=500]http://33.media.tumblr.com/64dcf3c9287b0976183b11e3a5ad02f6/tumblr_ndki8nukfv1qj5fu6o1_1280.jpg[/imgsize]

I merged a few themes together because it was getting to crowed to fit them all. I hope you guys understand. :D

And the next step... choosing what themes we want for each day. This, I don't feel we should really vote on, more that we should have a discussion, else the voting would get complicated.
I hope ADV week would be a blast. I look forward to everyone's work.

As for the questions above,

1. All of them! Though, I don't know if I can contribute much but I'll try to at least write one fanfic

2 I look forward to all of them but the one that I really can't wait for is the ORAS day, which is the best of the best.

All of them. I already finished 3 artworks and I'm planning to have one or two for each theme.

Most probably ORAS

Hmm, we're drying up here again so here's a little question:
Do you believe that Masato/Max is an advanceshipper? Do you believe that if he finds out that either one of them have feelings for each other, he'd help out?

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Do you believe that Masato/Max is an advanceshipper? Do you believe that if he finds out that either one of them have feelings for each other, he'd help out?

If he was a couple years older, I'd say yes in a heartbeat; he already looks at Ash like an older brother. However, given how badly he reacted to Norman losing to Ash, and parting ways with Ash at the end of ADV, I don't really think he'd be able to grasp it right now. He'd probably get defensive, and his first reaction would be to sabotage the two of them. Though he might eventually give them a helping hand once he gets over it.

ORAS, yes (though that's mainly because I have NO idea what people are going to do for it), but the Knight & Princess one is the one I'm most looking forward to. Teacher & Student as well. The first because it reminds me of Movie 8, but the second because I love that aspect of Ash and May's relationship.

The two I mentioned above, at least. I might also do a "new journey" type full fic (with the kickoff being November 21st) for ORAS. Not sure on that last one, though.

Last edited:
I believe so, Yes. In the original Japanese dub, he did say that he likes seeing Ash and May together. As for helping out, maybe, maybe not. He might even blackmail either one of them (probably, that's the help that he can do, lol)

BabyBlueEyes23

Hey lovelies :)
I just have a quick question...for Advanecshipping week will there be a tag for us to post on to tumblr or something...or should we just put it under #Advanceshippping?
And BTW to Midnight, that banner is freaking SPECTACULAR I just can't say enough good things about your talent :) It is just simply, beautiful

Round of applause for Asuna for trying to keep this thread alive after all this silence :)
To answer your question, I definitely see Max as an advancer, to bring up the Japanese hint once more, that Max directly said he likes seeing the two cuties together…he didn't use cuties though :D

Thread too quiet, I'll just leave this one here:
[img139]http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/294/0/8/kiss_on_the_cheek_by_asuna07neros-d83myt2.png[/img139]

http://asuna07neros.deviantart.com/art/Kiss-on-the-cheek-489839798

And OMG Asuna, I saw that you posted this a while back, but I didn't have an account, but I wanted to comment on it SO BADLY…so YAY now I get to :D
I LOVE IT SO MUCH, your use of color, and the unique view point you used is simpley amazing :) And I LOVE that if I see one of your peaces, I KNOW it's yours :D
Very impressive skill to have :D
However, I have one thing that kind of bothers me, but it really isn't a big deal, and it's probably me just being weird, because I've never seen this issue in any of your other peaces….it's just the arch of Ash's back looks a bit to feminine to me :S
But again, it is probably me being weird, because this is the only encounter with your peaces that I have noticed that :S
Please don't take that as an insult, just my opinion….I still love your INCREDIBLE talent :D

Now how about a new topic to help keep this thread going :)

Where do you guys think Ash would Take May for a date durring the fall season in Kento, sense Hoenn almost always is hot and sunny?

If you wanna see my answer you should check out my fanfic....Ashes and Wine right here »https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10751033/1/Ashes-and-Wine

And OMG Asuna, I saw that you posted this a while back, but I didn't have an account, but I wanted to comment on it SO BADLY…so YAY now I get to :D
I LOVE IT SO MUCH, your use of color, and the unique view point you used is simpley amazing :) And I LOVE that if I see one of your peaces, I KNOW it's yours :D
Very impressive skill to have :D
However, I have one thing that kind of bothers me, but it really isn't a big deal, and it's probably me just being weird, because I've never seen this issue in any of your other peaces….it's just the arch of Ash's back looks a bit to feminine to me :S
But again, it is probably me being weird, because this is the only encounter with your peaces that I have noticed that :S
Please don't take that as an insult, just my opinion….I still love your INCREDIBLE talent :D

Now how about a new topic to help keep this thread going :)

Where do you guys think Ash would Take May for a date durring the fall season in Kento, sense Hoenn almost always is hot and sunny?

If you wanna see my answer you should check out my fanfic....Ashes and Wine right here »https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10751033/1/Ashes-and-Wine
Thank you and don't worry about it. In fact, I'd like to take more honest opinions. That way, I can improve more and see where my faults are. As for your question, I'd answer it later, using maybe a oneshot fanfic.

BabyBlueEyes23

LOL come on you guys!!!!! SPEAK!!!! LOL :D

Maybe that question wasn't any good....so how about....

Do you have any Advanceshipping HeadCanons, and if so, what are they?

I'll put in my reply soon, but hopefully we get some action

Now everyone has a valid reason to celebrate advanceshipping week:
[img139]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/297/7/5/how_advanceshipping_became_canon_by_asuna07neros-d841mcu.jpg[/img139]

Status
Not open for further replies.