• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Suzu, her artwork were one of a kind. Is she still active?
And wow, that piece is brilliant.

On a side note, there are A LOT of artworks with chibi Ash and May, do you know the artist by any chance?

You mean like these?
[img139]http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss266/sana138/dnvgjdkfe.jpg[/img139]

Sorry, I don't know who the artist was but yeah, he/she does a very cute AshxMay fanarts.

Well now, this fic had surely taken my interest. I'll read this one later and hopefully, I can get something out of this.

As for favorite fanart. This is still my favorite from Suzushiroya's works:
[img139]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6qp6kbPpxQfWjTbdcrBfZq1LFb7oz3keyMmeznCKt7VQNyRvd[/img139]

Oh, it's a must read! :)
I know you'll like it. I'm currently at chapter 7 now. I sure hope the writer decides to at least finish this in chapter 10. :(

As for favorite Suzu artwork, this is mine: ^_^

[img139]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll89/Miss-ADV/ADV%20Fan-Art/Suzushiroya%20Suzuko/1bestkiss.jpg[/img139]

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
You mean like these?
[img139]http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss266/sana138/dnvgjdkfe.jpg[/img139]

Sorry, I don't know who the artist was but yeah, he/she does a very cute AshxMay fanarts.

Yep, these ones. Really cute.

Your signature is VERY fast xD

EDIT : Friends to Spouses is the one I read. It was brilliant from what I could remember.
Setsuna, if you read chapter 8, you'll see a suprise at the A/N ;)

Last edited:
Yep, these ones. Really cute.

Your signature is VERY fast xD

EDIT : Friends to Spouses is the one I read. It was brilliant from what I could remember.
Setsuna, if you read chapter 8, you'll see a suprise at the A/N ;)

Lol, yeah it was pretty fast.

About chapter 8:

I think we can say that the fic has ended here since both Ash and May have already confessed their love for each other. I'm just going to assume that the next chapter and the following ones (provided that the writer decides to continue the story) are part of an epilogue

As for the A/N, whew, boy is it hot today or what? ;)

At the moment, this is one of the best written advanceshipping story that I've read so far along with May's crush but I still have to read chapter 9, which at the moment is the last chapter of the fic before I give a proper review.

Last edited:

Advance/Amour-Shipper

Advanceshipper
Thanks for providing the name of that artist, I've been wondering who made those for a while now. So. Many. Cute. Pictures!!!! I can't turn off my anime voice now. (Think: very high, speaking in japanese)

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Oops, I meant chapter 9. Man I've been so sloppy today.
But you get the point :p

Considering he had another chapter to be posted, I think there were more parts to it. I'm sure there would've been some hurdle in their relationship. And Spouses, meaning there was a wedding to read about.

I remember around 2008-9, I did have a fan-art folder. Thousands of them. Lost when my hard disk crashed ;.;

Oops, I meant chapter 9. Man I've been so sloppy today.
But you get the point :p

Considering he had another chapter to be posted, I think there were more parts to it. I'm sure there would've been some hurdle in their relationship. And Spouses, meaning there was a wedding to read about.

I remember around 2008-9, I did have a fan-art folder. Thousands of them. Lost when my hard disk crashed ;.;

Well, I do hope this fic could bring back more advanceshippers and make a lot of us more active even though May has been long gone. I hope you get to talk with Bronski and hopefully convince him to write more chapters for the story. I'm so slow, I just realized that this fic was written not so long ago (Oct. 2013 and was updated Jan 2014) so there's still some chance to convince him to continue the story.

Oh and about your Hard disk crashing. I know that feeling, bro. TT_TT

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Well, I do hope this fic could bring back more advanceshippers and make a lot of us more active even though May has been long gone. I hope you get to talk with Bronski and hopefully convince him to write more chapters for the story. I'm so slow, I just realized that this fic was written not so long ago (Oct. 2013 and was updated Jan 2014) so there's still some chance to convince him to continue the story.

Oh and about your Hard disk crashing. I know that feeling, bro. TT_TT

I don't know if I can talk to him or not, all I did was leave a review which appreciated a lot. I don't have a FF account either.
But I'll definitely drop another review for the last chapter, in case he lurks around haha.

Worst thing to happen to a laptop/pc.

Finished Love is Blind, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Has anyone seen "Behind a mask" by PikamasterADV?

This is actually a good one-shot and I thought it's a very cute fic. I've been seeing a lot of romantic stories where Satoshi and Haruka are always kissing and stuff. I thought that for once, it's good to have stories without too much of those and just settle with something simple as hugs. not to mention that the characters aren't that too OOC.

This fic also gave me an idea for an art for the upcoming Halloween. Stay tuned I guess.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Behind a mask is one of my favorite fanfics. Simple a classic.
The childhood halloween portion was adorable.

I might try a hand in fanfiction soon. I think I'm 'mature' enough to try it out.

Recent memory favorite would have to be A Guardian's Princess.

Has anyone seen "Behind a mask" by PikamasterADV?

This is actually a good one-shot and I thought it's a very cute fic. I've been seeing a lot of romantic stories where Satoshi and Haruka are always kissing and stuff. I thought that for once, it's good to have stories without too much of those and just settle with something simple as hugs. not to mention that the characters aren't that too OOC.

This fic also gave me an idea for an art for the upcoming Halloween. Stay tuned I guess.

I agree! This is one of the cutest stories I've ever read so far. It's quite simple and not too romantic. I like the childhood part and I admit that I'm such a sucker for stories like that.

Oh and I look forward to that Advanceshipping art of yours. ^_^

Well, I'm almost done with chapter 8 of Friends to Spouse (I only read it at my free time) and boy, is it me or is this chapter looking like a lemon chapter? XD

Oh and CyberBlaziken, I'd also recommend one of my friend, Blastoy's fic "The Legend of May: An Ash to the past. It's basically a Pokemon version of The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Yeah haha, that scene was the only portion of the story that seemed out-of-sorts for me. I think I mentioned that to him as well.

Advanceshipping fic with a Zelda twist? Sweeeet.
Two of my favorite series'. Not to mention my favorite LoZ game. Better be good xP

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
I think I decided what I want to do - I'm gonna try to do a reboot of my previous fanfic. I was reading the one that you guys posted, and it sparked something in me. I have to say right now though, I don't know how long I'll be able to keep it up, or if I will even be able to get it off the ground.. You guys have my word that I'll really make an effort though!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I'd honestly sat, take your time with it. No need to rush, you have no deadline. Let the ideas come to you and hope you write an amazing fic.

In other news, the fanfic I once tried to write was in my old laptop, and let's just say it's beyond reachable. Next weekend, gonna write something up.

EDIT : Setsuna, I've left a review/encouragement post for Bronski in FF. Thought I should get done with that. Left my contact info as well, which is used for SPPf people only. So fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I think I decided what I want to do - I'm gonna try to do a reboot of my previous fanfic. I was reading the one that you guys posted, and it sparked something in me. I have to say right now though, I don't know how long I'll be able to keep it up, or if I will even be able to get it off the ground.. You guys have my word that I'll really make an effort though!

I'll be rooting for the rebbot. :)

EDIT : Setsuna, I've left a review/encouragement post for Bronski in FF. Thought I should get done with that. Left my contact info as well, which is used for SPPf people only. So fingers crossed.
Yeah that story is good. It would be sad if we can't see it end. Anyway, now that I was able to finish chapter 9, I'll give my own thoughts about it:

Being a supporter of childhood friends becoming lovers, this story really kept me glued on my sit as I read it further. It started out cute then it turns romantic as Ash and May aged. I liked that transitions, showing how both of them matured within the story. I don't know about you guys but I kinda like the way how the writer depicted May as an only child instead of having Max as a younger brother (Sorry, Max). IMO, it was plain perfect. Ash and May are only child and they got to spend most of their childhood alone on their own. At first I was surprised that Giovanni was Ash's father, I mean I can't really imagine a nice loving Giovanni, not saying it's a bad thing of course and the way how he teased his son, that was hilarious. Anyway, the story really have many cute moments in it. My favorite part is in the hospital, showing Ash's soft side. I'm glad that at the very least, the story reached the confession part. Whether it has some continuity or not, at least the writer showed how Ash and May felt for each other.

Overall, despite being incomplete, I'd still give the story a solid 10/10 score

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
I started Chapter 1 and I have to say, this is pretty fun again! I don't know when it'll be finished, but it will be as of the last episode aired in the US of the anime - E78, the one involving the PokeBall factory.

Edit: I need help - I'm extremely torn between placing this at the end of the Unova series, however that'd mean I'd need to redo the WHOLE Kalos series up to this point.. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do, or how I should go about doing it if I decided to choose that route?

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I sort of didn't get what you needed help with. Can you be a bit clearer?

I reviewed Friends to Spouses, didn't show up in 2 days, reviewed again... First one showed up ffs.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
What I mean is that I'm wondering if the timeline for my fic should be at the end of the Unova series, or if it should be as of the last anime episode.. I'm completely torn :/

As a side, here's a question for you ADVshippers: If May were to rejoin the team (and liked Ash), how to you see the dynamics between her and Serena working?

Advance/Amour-Shipper

Advanceshipper
What I mean is that I'm wondering if the timeline for my fic should be at the end of the Unova series, or if it should be as of the last anime episode.. I'm completely torn :/

As a side, here's a question for you ADVshippers: If May were to rejoin the team (and liked Ash), how to you see the dynamics between her and Serena working?

It depends on how you want to start your story: at the end of the Unova series means you can have the time between May and Ash not seeing each other be shorter and have the option of taking out Serena all together. doing it as of the last anime episode creates more drama between May and Serena. (I'm thinking something along the lines of Fiercer than a Legendary, though not that intense)

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Thanks for the help everyone! I have decided what I'm going to try to do, and you guys will all see it as soon as I finish!

mayruka

AdvancedAmourShippin
Can we change AdvanceShipping's name to RibbionShipping ?

Status
Not open for further replies.