• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Bring it in after Unova. BW was a disaster all in all, better to avoid that train wreck.
You don't exactly have to include Serena, just keep her appearances sporadic or something. If it clashes with her feelings for Ash. It's your story.

Can we change AdvanceShipping's name to RibbionShipping ?

Advanceshipping has been there for over 10 years now. Why would you even suggest that? :p
Ribbonshipping is already taken, ZoeyxGlameow

Advance/Amour-Shipper

Advanceshipper
Bring it in after Unova. BW was a disaster all in all, better to avoid that train wreck.
You don't exactly have to include Serena, just keep her appearances sporadic or something. If it clashes with her feelings for Ash. It's your story.

Advanceshipping has been there for over 10 years now. Why would you even suggest that? :p
Ribbonshipping is already taken, ZoeyxGlameow

do you mean xy? b/c BW is in Unova. also, Roses wilt, but ribbons are forever. Go Advanceshipping!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
No, I meant BW/Unova.

If May were to rejoin the team (and liked Ash), how to you see the dynamics between her and Serena working?

Obviously there would be a little competition on who gets the better of Ash's attention. Which of them walks beside Ash, sits besides him etc.
Ash-May have more to talk about, and have an interest on topics to their liking more often than Ash-Serena. Albeit she's the 'childhood friend.' Which might bother Serena.
On the friendship turn, they might hit it off. As both were rookies when starting their journey. Both taking an interest in stage performances, sharing a fire-type as their starter. They might get to be really good friends, if their feelings don't get the better of them.

Hey y'all!

As a side, here's a question for you ADVshippers: If May were to rejoin the team (and liked Ash), how to you see the dynamics between her and Serena working?

Tough question. In my realistic view, may and Serena will be close friends and maybe rivals as well if may considers entering the Tripokalon as a performer (After all, Tripokalon looked similar to a contest)

Should ever may comes back with strong feelings for Ash (which I'm really hoping for), Serena may consider may a rival (like miette). I'd really love to see may hugging Ash as she gets reunited with him and see Serena reacts to it (But I'd prefer just seeing may lunging at Ash for a hug and they both blush)

Also, Wuster, I want to suggest that maybe you can create an original series, where Ash and may travels together in a region that's completely new.

Can we change AdvanceShipping's name to RibbionShipping ?

I like Ribbonshipping as a name for Ashxmay but the pairing has already been known as Advanceshipping and it is the trademark name of the ship. We can however consider it as an alternative name like childhoodshipping for amour.

Also I think Ribbonshiping is already taken.

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
While it may seem 'Ribbonshipping' fits for Ash and May. I don't like it, and not because I'm used to Advanceshipping.
The ribbon that signifies these two, the split Teracotta Town Ribbon, came to us practically towards the end of Advance Generation. Last episode I think. Which is way, way, WAY after Advanceshipping came and solidified.
It's an important item when we ship the two, it's also something that signifies the splitting of them as well. Coinciding with the splitting of the ribbon. They both went their separate ways.

And in other news, haven't started writing, or try to write, as I'm overwhelmed with College stuff.
And 'both' of my Friends to Spouses reviews are up. I thought it took 12 hours for a guest review to go up, and not 48 hours in my case.

maybe "royaltyshipping" would be a good alternative name for the shipping. I mean, in the manaphy movie, may becomes the (temporary) mother of manaphy, the prince of the sea while Ash saved the sea temple and was considered the (temporary) king of the sea, which could mean that Ash is the king, may is his queen and manaphy is their royal prince A.K.A the royal family of the sea. Plus the movie itself has a lot of advanceshippy moments. (Just look at my avatar and sig, lol)

CyberBlaziken, take your time, bro. You can start up with one-shots if I may suggest so that you won't be too overwhelmed and hopefully, we see one day that "Friends to Spouse" gets a continuation that it deserves.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I've read that about Royaltyshipping. Exactly how you explained. Just was called RoyalSeaShipping, in bulbagarden forums.

Oh don't worry about taking my time. Will try to come out with a first draft by Halloween, and end product during Winter break.

How about "AshMayzingshipping" because, you know, this shipping is Ash-may-zing?? Eh? anyone? Okay, let's just stick with Advanceshipping. :p

Question, since Halloween is near (and since Behind the mask was an awesome story) what do you think Satoshi and Haruka will dress up like as a couple in, let's say, a Halloween party?

How about "AshMayzingshipping" because, you know, this shipping is Ash-may-zing?? Eh? anyone? Okay, let's just stick with Advanceshipping. :p

Question, since Halloween is near (and since Behind the mask was an awesome story) what do you think Satoshi and Haruka will dress up like as a couple in, let's say, a Halloween party?

*facepalm* man, how come I didn't think of that? XD

Yeah, that would be ashmayzing, haha!

For Halloween night, I'm thinking that Ash will dress up as a Gallade while May dresses up as a Gardevoir.I can see how they'd stand out to the rest, leaving everyone awed by the majestic costume the couple have. :D

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Halloween. I'd say nothing is better than their Movie 8, Aura Guardian Ash and Princess May.
Suits them. They look really cute, and there's a really nice fan art of them in those costumes as well. Will try to find out in a bit.

If it was to be Pokemon-based costume.. Shuppet and Squirtle would make them look good ;)

I can't believe I went through all this: Inconceivable

The moment I read the summary, I already knew this will be one of those stories that you'll see in T.V. Dramas. Too cliche, too dramatic, too cheesy, too.....Realistic.

nonetheless, it had me glued for hours (and I'm really getting sleepy but I had to finish the whole damn thing). Well, I can't believe I'm saying this but I got in some way, emotionally attached to the story. I felt Satoshi and Haruka's burden (except for the whole pregnancy stuff of course :p) in this story and I had those thrilling senses as 1 chapter ends and leads to another.

Long story short, this was a good story.

Last edited:
Halloween. I'd say nothing is better than their Movie 8, Aura Guardian Ash and Princess May.
Suits them. They look really cute, and there's a really nice fan art of them in those costumes as well. Will try to find out in a bit.

If it was to be Pokemon-based costume.. Shuppet and Squirtle would make them look good ;)

Oh man, Squirtle and Shuppet, I still can't help but to wonder how Ash and may would look like with those costumes XD

Here's a fanart from Suzushiroya -san with Ash and may in their aura guardian and Princess costume:

[img139]http://orig05.deviantart.net/bf05/f/2010/292/1/7/advanceshipping_dancing____by_ashmayfan1213-d313omy.jpg[/img139]

Also, it would be cute if Ash and may attends the party with their Eggplant and nurse Joy costume XD

[img139]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll89/Miss-ADV/ADV%20Fan-Art/Suzushiroya%20Suzuko/PerzikJoy.jpg[/img139]

All credits to Suzushiroya san for the fanarts

I can't believe I went through all this: Inconceivable

The moment I read the summary, I already knew this will be one of those stories that you'll see in T.V. Dramas. Too cliche, too dramatic, too cheesy, too.....Realistic.

nonetheless, it had me glued for hours (and I'm really getting sleepy but I had to finish the whole damn thing). Well, I can't believe I'm saying this but I got in some way, emotionally attached to the story. I felt Satoshi and Haruka's burden (except for the whole pregnancy stuff of course :p) in this story and I had those thrilling senses as 1 chapter ends and leads to another.

Long story short, this was a good story.
This is a pretty decent fic. I'm currently at chapter 12 and I already see how tragic this story would go along the way but I suppose there will be some good stuffs as well at near end. It does really have that realistic feeling in it.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
?

Not sure which one I imagined earlier, but they both fit the bill.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/LHKIb4v.jpg[/img139]

The Chibi Art. Credit fgoes to the artist whose name I don't know.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/NBhBuIQ.jpg[/img139]

It's probably this one. Credit to the fantastic Suzu.
Anyone know if she is active and/or has an official website?

Ooh Inconceivable. Good read, very goad read.

Attachments

• LHKIb4v.jpg
    LHKIb4v.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 4

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
That haha towards the end though.. Not holding back..

PD+, that's right. Really old, around 10 years maybe..
Where does time fly off to?

I always thought if they would dress themselves for Halloween, they should re-enact Rota Royal Ball appearances.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
I agree, the costumes in the Lucario movie are absolutely perfect for the two of them.

Here's another questions for you guys! "How would you imagine a perfect Christmas-time day between the two?"

Yeah, sadly Suzushiroya-san and that artist who draws chibi drawings no longer make anything Advanceshiping related. :(

"How would you imagine a perfect Christmas-time day between the two?"

White Chrismas!! :D

Ash is doing a last minute shopping for may to make his gift special but for may, Ash is the perfect gift. :D

may will give Ash something he'll never forget.........A shiny Pokemon of course! What were you thinking? Hehehe XD

And here's something interesting to ask"
How will Ash talk to norman about marrying his daughter? (This was inspired by the song "marry your daughter")

How will Ash talk to norman about marrying his daughter?
Well, the way I see it, Ash is as polite as they come, so there is no doubt he will consider every possible way to prove to Norman that he is worthy of his daughter hand in marriage. Now this could go either way, Norman could quickly accept Ash and bless their marriage.
On the other hand, Norman could be hesitant or flat out say no. In that case, what happens? We solve this with the only way pokemon trainers know how to solve their problems; A pokemon battle! Norman will be able to see Ash's resolve and the distance he will go for May.
Well that's how I see it...somewhat. Also I just want to see a rematch of Ash vs. Norman and this would be a good excuse for that.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Suzu and PD+ probably moved on.. Sigh.

How will Ash talk to Norman about marrying his daughter?

Ash would be nervous, because for me he won't be as confident in the love department as he is with Pokemon.
He would fumble and despite trying to be straightforward, and stutter for sure. Yet in the end he would go through with it, as he is in love with May and he set his mind on it.
Personally for me, Norman would accept Ash's proposal for marrying his daughter, as Ash has proved that Norman can trust him to take care of his daughter. As he has during the time they traveled, and would protect her no matter what. And for Norman, Ash would be the ideal son-in-law, as he gets along great with his wife and son as well. He'd wholeheartedly give his blessings.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
How will Ash talk to Norman about marrying his daughter?

Call me weird, but I always imagined it would go something like this..

Norman would be finishing up a battle at the gym, and Ash would come in, watch the battle and chuckle as Norman defeats the trainer with ease. Norman offers words of encouragement, and then turns to face Ash and the two converse. Eventually the topic comes up, and Norman challenges Ash to a battle. He tells Ash that if Ash wins he'll give his blessing (of course, he intends to give his blessing either way - he's just itching for a good matchup). After the battle (and an obvious Ash win since he's sorta battling for May's heart!), Norman grants him his blessing, and the two spend the day just catching up.

Would make a helluva one-shot eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.