• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draydenheim

Dragon Master
Ash should be Spider-Man and May should be Wonder Woman

oh ****, Wonder woman isn't in the MCU yet is she?

Last edited by a moderator:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
May as Scarlet Witch, Ash as Captain America?
SUPER LATE REPLY: Hmm, I can see that.

Ash has pretty similar qualities to Cap, that's pretty obvious. He's also like Spidey too like @Draydenheim said lol.

And Scarlet Witch was sort of newcomer to the whole Avengers group, and even messed up a couple of times (which does lead to the Accords). But she works on her powers and figures out her place in the world, like May does eventually with her contests.

@Manqoba you kill me. xD

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
SUPER LATE REPLY: Hmm, I can see that.

Ash has pretty similar qualities to Cap, that's pretty obvious. He's also like Spidey too like @Draydenheim said lol.

And Scarlet Witch was sort of newcomer to the whole Avengers group, and even messed up a couple of times (which does lead to the Accords). But she works on her powers and figures out her place in the world, like May does eventually with her contests.

@Manqoba you kill me. xD
You must have an opinion. Who would be more agragivire? I demand to know.

p96822

Evolve me please
Really if I'm thinking about it now I think May would be the most aggressive of the two because of her thoughts on romance

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
You must have an opinion. Who would be more agragivire? I demand to know.
HM, I guess maybe May would be more 'agragivire' LOL.

Okay for real tho, May and Ash remind me of May's parents, Norman and Caroline. So I just feel like in the beginning May might be more aggressive because Ash is just... Dense in general.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
HM, I guess maybe May would be more 'agragivire' LOL.

Okay for real tho, May and Ash remind me of May's parents, Norman and Caroline. So I just feel like in the beginning May might be more aggressive because Ash is just... Dense in general.
Ash is dense? Really? Serena frickin' kissed him and he still didn't figure it out.

I think it's been proven by now that you have to be aggressive if you want to get literally anywhere with Ash.

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
She doesn't seem thaaaaat thirsty or clingy to me, but that's my interpretation of her. xD
Sometimes the longer you're with someone, the more attached you get.

@Manqoba oh my god yes you're right, poor Serena probably wanted a better reaction. Ash will get better with age though. Hopefully. xD It's not like we'll never see him actually get older on the show though.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
She doesn't seem thaaaaat thirsty or clingy to me, but that's my interpretation of her. xD
Sometimes the longer you're with someone, the more attached you get.

@Manqoba oh my god yes you're right, poor Serena probably wanted a better reaction. Ash will get better with age though. Hopefully. xD It's not like we'll never see him actually get older on the show though.
Someone has to do something, because Ash will just sit there forever otherwise.

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
Someone has to do something, because Ash will just sit there forever otherwise.
Ash is going to be immortal while May ages and it will be a tragic love-- *sudden realization gasp* ASH IS A VAMPIRE GUYS!

What if May try to kiss Ash on the lips?
Ash would.... probably be taken aback, possibly blush, and being the slow person that he is...

'Why did you do that?'
Insert May groan.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
*sudden realization gasp* ASH IS A VAMPIRE GUYS!
I'm fairly certain that's a NegaiShipping fanfic. Actually, I'm fairly certain that was one of the first NegaiShipping fanfics.

I stand corrected, that was a werewolf. Twice. And also a monkey for some reason.

Now you're writing an AdvanceShipping vampire fanfic. I compel you.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I've already made a post about this on the Advancers, but I figured that I might as well mention it here, too.

About a month ago, I was able to obtain a copy of the song I Only Want To Be With You, the B-track to the L·O·V·E·L·Y ~Dream-Seeing LOVELY BOY~ single. There are several songs on singles like this one that have never really been exposed to the West before, and to my knowledge, this is the only one from the Advanced Generation.

To my surprise, the entire song was in English, not Japanese. It's apparently not an original song, but a cover of a Dusty Springfield song from the 1960s. The lyrics for that version of the song can be found here. There are a couple of lyrical changes, but the only substantial one is that the line "Oh, look what has happened with just one kiss" is changed to "Oh, look what has happened with just one thing." In a best-case scenario, it's an extremely shippy song, but it's not without issues.

The most obvious problem is whether or not a cover of a preexisting song has any canon standing at all, even if it's approved by The Pokémon Company. This is the same dilemma the PearlShippers face regarding "I Will Be With You (Where The Lost Ones Go)," though it appears the PearlShipping DataCore couldn't care less where that song originated from. It is important to note that this isn't a random Tommy february6 song added onto the L·O·V·E·L·Y ~Dream-Seeing LOVELY BOY~ single to pad it out, rather, it's only on this particular disc. Given the cover art, it's obviously meant to be part of a Pokémon release.

The other question is the same one that would apply no matter where the song came from. If it was appropriated to fit in the context of Movie 7 or, more generally, the Advanced Generation, the relevant characters would need to be identified. Maybe someone more familiar with the movie would know if there's an obvious connection to anyone.

Still, it's an unmistakably romantic song, and it could be argued that the "just one kiss" line was changed to provide context. Plenty of other Pokemon songs have referenced kissing, including L·O·V·E·L·Y itself, so the change might not simply be one of censorship. Yet, because it exists, it shows that they didn't want to simply include the cover as-is. The change doesn't exist in the documented lyrics of any other cover of the song, meaning that it was likely made intentionally for Pokemon, rather than following the example of another cover.

What do you guys think about I Only Want To Be With You? Do you consider it completely meaningless and non-canon, or is it long-lost AdvanceShipping evidence, quite possibly the last that we will ever uncover?

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
What if May give Ash a Mega ring
May: Hey, Ash! I know you love Pokemon battles so I got you this mega ring! *hands over a box to Ash*
Ash: Sweet! You're the best, May! *opens box* Wait, this doesn't look like a mega ring at all.
May: Surprise! It's an engagement ring! Let's get married!
Ash: B-b-but mega ring...... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.