• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
[IMG200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/MayHaruka/ag115dilemma6ty.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/MayHaruka/10go1.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/MayHaruka/23id.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/MayHaruka/ashmay3fu.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/MayHaruka/maycryashlook9eg.jpg[/IMG200]

Now doesn't this make you fall in love with Advanceshipping all over again? 8D

New topic!

How Advanceshippy would the anime have to become to make you happy? or at least satisfied?

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
How Advanceshippy would the anime have to become to make you happy? or at least satisfied?

I'm satisfied with all the hints it gave us! But to be really happy I would like Ash and May to hug. even if it's once. even if Brock acendntally pushed may. i don't care. but a hug would make me happy.

~riolulu

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer

I don't think it should be too shippy (as Revolutionary Destiny said too much fluff = an overdose of sugar). Confession scenes would really kind of ruin the romanticism and excitement of will-they-won't-they in my eyes. I just want lots of big, undeniably cute scenes - cute glances, more physical contact, more one-on-one interaction. All of those would work for me.

Don't worry, I remember you aswell ^^ It's good to see old regulars found their way to this new thread too.

Hmm, I remember you. Three not bad, eh? lol.

Some shippy scenes, basically what Gazmof mentioned, but no confession, at least not for a long time. I would enjoy a similar situation to the fanfic Two of a Kind (by Cybercubed), in which their relationship slowly develops over time, rather than a rushed confession all of a sudden.

swampert55

I recoloured that fanart.

[IMG139]http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/099/e/0/ash_and_may_together_4ever_by_ashsat.jpg[/IMG139]
Original, by ashsat.

[IMG139]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa96/swampert55/as_beautifly_1.png[/IMG139]
And there's my recolouration. I couldn't fix May's hair though, it's extremely difficult to select because the whole image is so light. I'll keep trying.

At a level close to what it was during AG. When it gets there, it can be further developed upon.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
swampert55, that's amazing! Great job on that recoloring!! I love it! :D

it makes me want to draw advanceshipping art...maybe I willl...

~riolulu

Jason-Kun

What made you become an AdvanceShipper?

It had to be the fact that May reminded me of Misty. I've always liked the two I just felt like May went better with Ash. They got along but could fight at times and their arguements balanced out their relationship for me.

EarthBorn

ConVulATiON
Nice recoloring over there. :)

Slow and easy does it. I really don't mind the anime's pace at featuring advanceshipping - both May and Ash are still a little young and dense and it's understandable that there are not going to be any big hints anytime soon. I'd say I'm not entirely satisfied with the number of hints (hey, no shipper wants less hints for their ship), but they're good enough to make me hold on. ;)

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
Yeah, it definitely made me happy when I see hints everywhere. They are young so that's not obvious.So we have to wait till Ash grows up a little (which means after fifth, sixth and seventh or more generations... =O) I'm kinda shocked that there're more regions to their world...

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Yeah, it definitely made me happy when I see hints everywhere. They are young so that's not obvious.So we have to wait till Ash grows up a little (which means after fifth, sixth and seventh or more generations... =O) I'm kinda shocked that there're more regions to their world...

what I am shocked by is how weird time is in theese pokémon worlds. If Each year actually counted as a year, Ash would now be like, 18. yet he still is supposed to be around 12. O.O

but that's okay, because he's easier to ship with may this way! ZD

~riolulu

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
what I am shocked by is how weird time is in theese pokémon worlds. If Each year actually counted as a year, Ash would now be like, 18. yet he still is supposed to be around 12. O.O

but that's okay, because he's easier to ship with may this way! ZD

~riolulu
RIOLULU~!!! *huggies* BP says that he was also 10 when he met May. So assuming that Johto and Kanto are fast, it means that he spent less than a year conquering 16 gyms. And his level of training and battling are not exactly one of a kind either. So let's say...:

Ash - 10 years, 355 days.
May - just turned ten.

I think something is missing here... Coz if I assume that May's birthday is somewhere after June (like PokeSupe's Sapphire), Ash is nearly a whole year older than her.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
RIOLULU~!!! *huggies* BP says that he was also 10 when he met May. So assuming that Johto and Kanto are fast, it means that he spent less than a year conquering 16 gyms. And his level of training and battling are not exactly one of a kind either. So let's say...:

May - just turned ten.

I think something is missing here... Coz if I assume that May's birthday is somewhere after June (like PokeSupe's Sapphire), Ash is nearly a whole year older than her.

was he seriously supposed to be ten? I thought his travels with Misty weew at LEAST two years long. Maybe three. He at least looked older when he met May. At least eleven! uggg.

you're right something is missing...

~riolulu

I don't think Ash's age is guessable, after all, they never did mention anything about it other than stating he was ten. Maybe ages aren't really important in the anime ^^;

I guess I'd pretty much have to agree with everyone else on this, not much more than we already have. I'm pretty content with everything now, but a little more would help. Like, maybe one or two blushing scenes.

I recoloured that fanart.

[IMG139]http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/099/e/0/ash_and_may_together_4ever_by_ashsat.jpg[/IMG139]
Original, by ashsat.

[IMG139]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa96/swampert55/as_beautifly_1.png[/IMG139]
And there's my recolouration. I couldn't fix May's hair though, it's extremely difficult to select because the whole image is so light. I'll keep trying.

Awesome swampert55, it looks so much better now and, well, somewhat newer. ^^

On the subject of Ash's age, I see it like this; let's assume that there's a Pokémon League Tournament yearly, and that they take placein every region at the same time of year, which is a likely scenerio. Accounting Ash's adventures through Kanto and Johto, he should have been two years older than May when they first met.

May - just turned ten.

In the mini-movie that is shown in before third movie, Ash notes that it had been a year since he met Pikachu. At the least, Ash is eleven. Considering this take place in early Johto, however, most likely Ash was twelve when he met May.

My opinion here, one of my quirks of Pokéshipping, among others, is the huge age difference between Ash and Misty. Ash was ten when he started his journey, while Misty must have been well over ten considering she was a Gym Leader. Just my take on this.

Last edited:

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
I don't think Ash's age is guessable, after all, they never did mention anything about it other than stating he was ten. Maybe ages aren't really important in the anime ^^;

I thought that there was on grand festival every year, no? how many grand festivals was May around for? two? three?

EDIT:

On the subject of Ash's age, I see it like this; let's assume that there's a Pokémon League Tournament yearly, and that they take placein every region at the same time of year, which is a likely scenerio. Accounting Ash's adventures through Kanto and Johto, he should have been two years older than May when they first met.

In the mini-movie that is shown in before third movie, Ash notes that it had been a year since he met Pikachu. At the least, Ash is eleven. Considering this take place in early Johto, however, most likely Ash was twelve when he met May.

very good thinking! so he was twelve when he met May. two years older. I like that. it seems...perfect xD

~riolulu

Last edited:

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
Misty was twelve. Brock was fourteen. Max was... eight or nine? I dunno about the Ash-is-12-when-he-met-May thing. But he was slightly taller than her, minus his hair spikes.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Misty was twelve. Brock was fourteen. Max was... eight or nine? I dunno about the Ash-is-12-when-he-met-May thing. But he was slightly taller than her, minus his hair spikes.

I thought Max was more like a late-six-to-early-seven-year-old. He seemed short enough to be about five O.O

Brock was fourteen? hhm he seemed 16 to me, lol. but what do I know? I know nothing.

Yeah, he was taller than her, he was more mature than he was with Misty, but he seemed to match may in that category, if not slightly less mature. So he coul've been eleven, I guess.

anyone know how many grand festivals May's been in? I just started watching Advanced Challenge...

~riolulu

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
I thought Max was more like a late-six-to-early-seven-year-old. He seemed short enough to be about five O.O

Brock was fourteen? hhm he seemed 16 to me, lol. but what do I know? I know nothing.

Yeah, he was taller than her, he was more mature than he was with Misty, but he seemed to match may in that category, if not slightly less mature. So he coul've been eleven, I guess.

anyone know how many grand festivals May's been in? I just started watching Advanced Challenge...

~riolulu
Two. One in Hoenn, the other in Kanto. Actually, I'm not sure either. Brock looks old enough to be eighteen but his antics when there are girls around match those of a 13-year old *facepalms* Max is short. Just like Ash. Paul is taller than Ash and he's easily the same age as Ash (if Ash is 11 as well). Guess shorties will forever stay shorties XDDD And Ash seem to be on the same level of maturity with May, which is why we are here right? =DDD

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Two. One in Hoenn, the other in Kanto. Actually, I'm not sure either. Brock looks old enough to be eighteen but his antics when there are girls around match those of a 13-year old *facepalms* Max is short. Just like Ash. Paul is taller than Ash and he's easily the same age as Ash (if Ash is 11 as well). Guess shorties will forever stay shorties XDDD And Ash seem to be on the same level of maturity with May, which is why we are here right? =DDD

righttt! At times Ash can be more maure than May and at times she can be WAY more mature. It all depends on the situation. :3 I like that about them, they seeem to balance eachother well. All for more of the shippyness!

~riolulu

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
righttt! At times Ash can be more maure than May and at times she can be WAY more mature. It all depends on the situation. :3 I like that about them, they seeem to balance eachother well. All for more of the shippyness!

~riolulu
Hohoho~ The Bicker the Better, both of them were stubborn and immature. And my friends had a lot to say about the Nidos' attacks XDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.