1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Gazmof, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Midnightmoon6o2

Midnightmoon6o2 "Tougher than you."

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. beoderro

beoderro Unactive :(

What did you think of the shippiness in Episode 278: A Ruin With a View!?

Ash's days as a mentror of May starts. It was sweet when Ash taught to May how to catch a Pokemon. And when May joined with Ash to crawling that shaft(not sure what it was) it was also cute.
    I agree with swampert55, that was a great moment. The whole episode was, actually. There wasn't any interrupts, only Ash and May traveling together.

3. Hunter_RuLe

Hunter_RuLe < Guess who's back?

Very cool swampert55, really is an awesome way to keep your DS in use.

Mm I never found this episode that shippy, but it has its moments. It's cool to see that May is impressed by Ash and see tries to get some quality time with him before they'll meet up with her dad at the gym. There aren't many people that can get Ash from talking about pokemon and gymbattles, so I think we can say May did an awesome job there. Ofcourse she did ask to grab some food instead, and we all know Ash loves to eat just like May. Some say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, don't they?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  4. Uzamaki Hinata

Uzamaki Hinata Bye bye!

I stalk the Advanceshipping thread because it's so awesome :(

ohhhh yah, this episode~ I loved it XD I remember this episode being one of the first two that Kids WB (in America) gave us as a sneak peak.

Anyway, I'd like to think it was pretty shippy. I mean, sure, they were just getting to know each other. But I still saw the shippyness in it at certain points of the episode. My favorite shippyness? When she dragged him away from the trainers he was talking to because she was hungry. (that did happen, right? :O)

5. The Horizon

The Horizon The Forgotten One

It was all right in that factor but right when Ash and May first met each other they already became traveling companions. Ash even took the time to mentor May on Pokemon, too. And another thing, they were just doing stuff together throughout the whole episode.

Just a reminder for those who don't know, Advanceshipping Day is this month on March 15. Man, how time goes by.

6. Midnightmoon6o2

I only remember parts from the episode. i did also remember the part where May took Ash away from the trainers because she was hungry. lol. i loved that bit.

anyway overall i loved it. it just showed more shippiness of the two. that is all i can say really.

7. Hjörung´s wrath

Hjörung´s wrath Merovingian relic

Like people stated, nothing extraordinary shippywise, but lots of quality time
    and cute moments. I´ve always loved these in-between generations "transition episodes", as
    they tend to be more calm and character-oriented, with Ash & co. still
    trying to get used to the new region. Classic episode.

[img300]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/torhjelm/Pokemon%20screen%20captures/Advanceshipping/ruinview1.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/torhjelm/Pokemon%20screen%20captures/Advanceshipping/ruinview2.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/torhjelm/Pokemon%20screen%20captures/Advanceshipping/ruinview3.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/torhjelm/Pokemon%20screen%20captures/Advanceshipping/ruinview4.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/torhjelm/Pokemon%20screen%20captures/Advanceshipping/ruinview5.jpg[/img300]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  8. Midnightmoon6o2

I think I'm falling in love with Advanceshipping again. i love does episodes pics. man i love the good old advanceshipping days.

Anyway i got new fanart to people who actually bother looking at them xD

http://slivermoon602.deviantart.com/art/Advance-Chasing-Time-114828032

http://slivermoon602.deviantart.com/art/Advance-Sweets-115032282

9. Purin

Purin Well-Known Member

I liked this episode a lot. It was good to see Ash and May on their own together before they got Max and Brock on their team, and the episode had some cute moments too. For other "alone time" episodes, I also liked the episode where May got Bulbasaur and the one on the Donphan Island.

10. Gazmof

Gazmof Zephyr Trainer

I'm told March 15th is Advanceshipping Day, and I don't think it's any secret that this one hasn't been particularly well-organised. I believe Hunter was in charge of it, but he seems to have, uh, been banned somehow? Anyway, we have three judges for this Advanceshipping Day - The Horizon, Swampert55 and myself.

So! Fancy trying your hand at becoming the next Advanceshipping Idol? All you have to do is enter our Advanceshipping Day Contest to show all your fellow shippers just how much you'd do for Advanceshipping!

The categories are as follows:

Best Audiovisual
    AMVs and stuff that you'd like to submit.

Best Fanart
    Traditional or CG - you decide. As long as it's Advanceshippy, it's all good. Comics are accepted in this category, too.

Best Graphic
    Banners/buttons/sprites/etc.

Best Fiction
    Multi-chapter, one-shot, poem, or song.

Basically, if you entered last time, you know the drill.

THE RULES
    1. Maximum of ONE entry per category! You may enter more than one category (provided you enter with something different, obviously), but you cannot enter say, two fics, for example.
    2. You may enter anything which falls under one of the categories, but they must have been completed AFTER the last Advanceshipping Day (November 21st, 2008) to qualify for this contest.
    3. Anything that was submitted for last Advanceshipping Day is NOT allowed for this Advanceshipping Day.
    4. Multi-chapter fics are allowed, but they MUST be complete. They can be multishipping, but as long as there's Advanceshipping they're okay (though if you only have five lines of Advanceshipping fluff it's unlikely your entry will get very far).
    5. Your entries must be received by March 25th, and we will announce the winners on April 1st. I know Advanceshipping Day is the 15th of March, but we haven't given you guys enough time to get ready, so it wouldn't be fair to make that our deadline.

TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK
    Please enter all your submissions with a reply to this thread by LINKING to the work. DO NOT POST THE ACTUAL WORK ITSELF, JUST LINK TO IT! We do NOT want to see a giant one-shot fic posted as a reply to this thread, because that wouldn't do you any favours.

I think that about covers it... If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  11. Midnightmoon6o2

12. Purin

Purin Well-Known Member

Is Advanceshipping Day really on March 15th? When I Googled it, I got results saying that it was actually on November 21st. But, eh, why not have an early Advanceshipping Day anyway.

I might just try my hand at fanfiction.

13. RobSp1derp1g

RobSp1derp1g On my way...

I'm gonna enter the Best Audiovisual contest, if you still accept songs...

14. Gaiash

Gaiash Champion Scientist

We decided to have two Advanceshipping days.

I'll try and see if I can draw a picture in time to enter.

15. sweetpikachu

sweetpikachu PYT. ♥ (:

Alright, here's my entry, hope you all like it:

It involves 'The Ribbon' <3 Entering in the 'Best Graphics' Catagory.

Where I am, tomorrow's Advanceshipping Day. Happy almost-Advance Day guys~ ^_^

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  16. the1stpkmnfan

the1stpkmnfan Your Big Buff Bro

Oh yeah, that's today! I can't believe it, it's here again. And hey, the first post on the 15th, that's an AdvanceShipper. :D

I just got my Advanceshipper banner, and since I love it, Im going to keep it for awhile in my signature.

17. The Horizon

The Horizon The Forgotten One

Nice banner, dude.

Happy Advanceshipping Day to everybody. We got one entry so far and we need more. There's no rush people.

18. Hunter_RuLe

Hunter_RuLe < Guess who's back?

Happy Advanceshipping Day everyone! May the love for, and the believe in Ash and May's relation never die =D

Yes, I'm back (banned for having a banner which was a bit too big :/). I was never in charge for this second advanceshipping day though. I kinda was in charge of the first one, judging it together with swampert55 and lunarshadow, but this time I guess most of us didn't really find the time for it. If it wasn't for The Horizon, I might have even forgotten about it =o

But to go back on topic; I'm perfectly fine with the current contest idea though, this time we have awesome judges too ^^ I hope there will be awesome entries to match!

19. RobSp1derp1g

RobSp1derp1g On my way...

This have been kinda dead, so I will post a new topic.

Is there any song that you associate to any fanfic?

I'll answer this one later.

20. beoderro

beoderro Unactive :(

Omg, the 2nd Advanceshipping Day went and I didn't had a computer!... Well, I wouldn't even had anything to enter with. *sigh* But there's still Advanceshipping Days coming up, so yay!
    And you people here, happy Advanceshipping Day! Although two days late...

Is there any song that you associate to any fanfic?

Hmm... Not really. But when I listen Skillet, it reminds me when I found Advanceshipping fics from FanFiction.net 8)