1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Gazmof, Jun 29, 2008.

1. ccangelopearl1362

ccangelopearl1362 Well-Known Member

Well, how unexpected. I land here to offer my own reflections about Advanceshipping, and as of this moment, I see not just a new Advanceshipper, but also an Advanceshipper who's getting to be a Pearlshipper at the same time. At any rate, allow me to stop by and greet all of you, Ash/May shippers. I can recognize some of you, and perhaps there are others who recognize me already. Given certain events I've been observing this past week, I figure that it's only fair that I continue what I began in the Pokéshipping thread. I've paid attention to Pokémon since its beginning, so I find it interesting that you all were focusing on Ash and May's initial encounter at Littleroot Town some pages earlier. You see, in retrospect, I realize that I couldn't help chuckling with amusement that May was willing to "persuade" Ash to travel with her by bringing up her "barbecued" bike a few times as they proceeded to Oldale Town from Littleroot Town. This may have added a more comical reference point to Ash and May's relationship -- at least, as all of you see it -- and any other moments in Hoenn may be history from there. I may offer some more Advanceshipping reflections in the future... without any pranks on my part.

2. Midnightmoon6o2

Midnightmoon6o2 "Tougher than you."

Yes i do know you, your from the Pearlshipping tread i go onto i few times.

And also it's great to see a new advanceshipper here. we really need some new people here so this tread dosen't die.

3. RobSp1derp1g

RobSp1derp1g On my way...

Guys, I got a question...

In the episode "Mean with Envy", Erica states that she and Joshua will win the contest together and will be the first couple to do so. But she lost that contest... Oh, and the writers actually say "couple"...
    Later, May wins the Terracota Contest with Ash, and they become the first couple to achieve such a feat.
    Makes you think, doesn't it?

4. sweetpikachu

sweetpikachu PYT. ♥ (:

Hm... That actually does make you think. So since the writers say "couple"... Do you really think that officially makes them a couple? Makes me wonder...

5. RobSp1derp1g

RobSp1derp1g On my way...

here's the quote from that episode.

6. Midnightmoon6o2

Yeah it does make me think. it also shows that maybe advanceshipping has a chance to happen.

7. swampert55

swampert55 Well-Known Member

It could be an error in the translation; differences might arise in the Japanese. (I can't understand Japanese, so I don't know.) If it did correlate, however, we could see it as a hint.

8. lotr297

lotr297 wahaha

Time for my monthly post...god i really need to post more often...

It would be great if that was a hint, but all we can really do is hope.

Welcome AlaAlba, nice to see a new face around here

What prank would Ash or May play on each other to get the other's attention?
    hmm... I'm thinking of a sleeping Ash, a bottle of ketchup over his face, and a certain pikachu... or is that not mean enough? :p

9. crisiscore

crisiscore ZAP CANNON

Hey guys! I was wondering if I could join this thread and share my ideas about advanceshipping. I really love Ash and May together and this is my favorite shipping of all time.

10. Midnightmoon6o2

Kool. welcome to the tread crisiscore. ^^ its nice to see more advanceshippers coming to join. ^^

11. crisiscore

crisiscore ZAP CANNON

Thanks for warm welcoming midnightjewelz. I hope to contribute as much as can to this awesome pairing of Ash and May.

This thread has seemed kinda out of it as of late.... so i'll start a new topic!

If Ash heard that May was in dire trouble back in the Johto region, what thoughts do you think would be going through Ash's mind and what kind of actions would he take?

12. Midnightmoon6o2

If Ash heard that May was in dire trouble back in the Johto region, what thoughts do you think would be going through Ash's mind and what kind of actions would he take?

I think Ash and the whole group would go and see to what happened May and the only thing Ash would be thinking might be that he hopes that May is okay.

13. lotr297

lotr297 wahaha

Decided to post more often now, and try to bring this thread back to life.

Same answer as midnightjewelz, except Ash would probably run off ahead, with the rest of the group trying to catch up.

14. Hjörung´s wrath

Hjörung´s wrath Merovingian relic

If Ash heard that May was in dire trouble back in the Johto region, what thoughts do
    you think would be going through Ash's mind and what kind of actions would he take?

Without doubt he would rush to help her at any time, and like lotr stated, he´d even probably
    be more eager to do so than any other. Ash is notoriously empathetic character,
    almost to the extent I almost wish he were more selfish sometimes.

15. crisiscore

crisiscore ZAP CANNON

It's nice to see some activity in this thread. Lets keep it up guys! [=
    Now, to answer my question:

If Ash heard that May was in dire trouble back in the Johto region, what thoughts do
    you think would be going through Ash's mind and what kind of actions would he take?

Like what H. wrath stated, he would rush to her side without a doubt. He'd likely be constantly worried about May and have a lot of sleepless nights just gazing at the stars. Perhaps he would blame himself for letting May go to the Johto region by herself or for thinking himself stupid for never inviting her to go to the sinnoh region. The others would probably see Ash's discomfort and frustration and try to comfort him to no avail. and maybe... he'd come to learn that he cares for May more than just a friend hehe.

16. beoderro

beoderro Unactive :(

Just like the two posters above said, he would rush there. :)

17. Midnightmoon6o2

Well Ash would rush to save anybody in trouble. would May be different? would he act unusual that Ash's friends might notice if May was in trouble?

That just came in my head right now.

18. Gazmof

Gazmof Zephyr Trainer

Uh, okay, sorry for being away, but here are the results of Advanceshipping Day? ^^;;;

Best Graphic:
    sweetpikachu
    That rocked, I'd just use a slightly more contrasting colour for your text next time as a heads up, but otherwise I really liked this ^^

Best Fanfiction:
    midnightjewelz

Best Fanart:
    Hjörung´s wrath

Thanks to everyone who entered and I'm sorry for not being here to post the results sooner. Maybe next time Advanceshipping Day will be a little more structured? ^^;;;

19. Midnightmoon6o2

20. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Hey, may I join?