• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

granbull guy

Vasoline
Here's a new question for everyone.

Do you take Blushing as a hint?

IMO:

Fact A: It is physically impossible to control a blush once it has started, been proven repeatedly by scientists

Fact B: The ONLY emotion that can cause a blush is embarrassment. This emotion can be triggered by a wide variety of stimuli, ranging from the more personal, like being close to or in contact with someone you like/love, or something simple, like being called on in math class for a calculus problem that is solved midway and the teacher asks you to finish it and you simply don't know where to start 'cause you weren't paying attention (happened to several of my friends).

Fact C: Some people do not have the gene that encodes for auto-blushing (like me!).

My answer is therefore, No, blushing can't be taken as a hint due to its wide variety of causes.
Dude you just totally stoll this topic froma topic I just made on the PokeShipping discussion :[
My awnser no, I also gave the hole math class thing on that thread too... :[

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

Wel to me at most cases yes but t really depends on the situation.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
No. It can be part of a hint but alone a blush can be linked to any form of embarrassment, nervousness and flattery. Now as I said blushing can be part of a hint but the reason for the blush is the real hint.

Xcaliber680

Pokemon Tactician
Dude you just totally stoll this topic froma topic I just made on the PokeShipping discussion :[
My awnser no, I also gave the hole math class thing on that thread too... :[

I don't know if you were the one that started it, but I took it off of the contestshipping thread, i thought I mentioned that. And yes, the math thing someone (probably you) said, but it also happened to several friends of mine in calculus. In that class, you have to be with it from the beginning or you will have no idea what's going on by the end.

Last edited:

swampert55

Wow, it's been quite a while. I don't see many familiar faces...

Yes, I do, but as a very minor hint. Blushing is not a very useful hint either. To clarify: it is not distinct to Advanceshipping. Therefore, it would not be a very good supporting statement in an argument.

dragontamer23

AshXMay all the way!
Yes, I do, but as a very minor hint. Blushing is not a very useful hint either. To clarify: it is not distinct to Advanceshipping. Therefore, it would not be a very good supporting statement in an argument.

You are absolutely correct, swampert. If Ash was paired up with someone every time he blushed, he’d be in about fifty diferrent relationships. Not good supporting statement at all

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
You are absolutely correct, swampert. If Ash was paired up with someone every time he blushed, he’d be in about fifty diferrent relationships. Not good supporting statement at all.

Not only that but that would mean Contestshipping is definate, which it isn't, thank God. If it did happen I would go over to Japan to change the script so that it is like what happens in the fic After Hoenn The Journey of Faith.

Dark_Dreamz

Whispers in the dark

Oh nononononononononononono...NO...Heck, if it was a hint, i'll be crushing on my DAD..Oh god...Horrible...It natural to blush about something embarrassing...If a random boy walked up to me and shoved a rose under my nose, i'll be blushing....

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Well, no not really. There are several reasons for why someone could be blushing. I don't think it necessarily means anything.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
XxMays_flowerxX: Question + Topic

It seems that this question (statement) wasn't discussed.

You know how ash ALWAYS has to rescue someone in the series? Well I dnt know about you guys ( and girls ) but.. havent you notice that Ash saves May ALOT in the series?

Ash has had to rescue a lot of people and mostly it is a group of people, i.e. not just May, Max, Misty, Brock, Tracy or Dawn. Using the movies as an example;

1st movie: Saving everyone from Mewtwo's wrath
2nd movie: Saving world from an environmental disaster
3rd movie: Saving his mom and a little girl
4th movie: Saving Celebi
5th movie: Saving Altomare
6th movie: Saving the pokemon and his friends from that 'Groudon'
7th movie: Saving La-Rouse City
8th movie: Saving Tree of Beginning + Pikachu
9th movie: Saving the Sea Temple and May!
10th movie: Saving the town
11th movie: Saving Giratina
12th movie: Saving humanity from God's wrath

Only in the 9th movie does Ash save a girl who isn't his mother or half his age, and who he has a very strong friendship with. So yes, it seems that Ash does save May more than anyone else.

Onto the topic:

What would the 'kissing' scene be like?

I think that it would happen when they are sitting next to each other alone either overlooking a lake in the moon light, or on a cliff watching the sun set. They would then turn towards each other and loose themselves in each other's eyes, after a few minutes they will move towards each other and kiss gently.

Hope that I didn't go off topic there.

See Ya!

Last edited:

Satoshi<3

Love thy Satoshi
* B|URTS OUT LAUGHING *
GEEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!
I'm sorry I LOVE these topics!!! I'm going into crazy fan girl stage

okay first off, I have to confess... I daydreamed of this once in class.. XD
okay, okay..
so they reunite in sinnoh, and they hug, wave whatever they do in that episode. Now we skip to the part Ash is off to walk around after he fell of the bed. But here's the change I made... May goes with him. So they walk, and then pikachu hears something that alarms him and Ash's attension, while May walks ahead. then a gust of wind caused by the ( I dnt remeber the pokemon (s) names at the moment! ) unknown pokemon pushes her backwards.
Ash runs to catch her, and then when you know it... BAM they kiss by the impact.
of course leading to both of them studdering and blushing in embarresment saying,
'that was TOTALLY on actident!'
'I'm sorry! I-It was the wind!!!'
'KYAAAAAA!!!!!'
XD

Ha! Do I?
Well it's plainly double sided.
In the little fan girl side of me, yes. Only because it's to make an excuese to say that it's a hint, when it isn't.
And No... well... you guys cleared up why. XD
Twilight- Bella Swan
Kyo from fruba.
and.... ( dare I say? )
Haruhi and Tamaki from OHC
Twilight- because bella somewhat reminds me of May.
Fruba- because Kyo's actions are almost like Ash's. How they are both hot headed and how they care for the things that mean most to them.
Haruhi and Tamaki- well they both bicker each other, and have such high inocence... also the fact how Tamaki is so dam dense! ( well in some chapters XD ) so there you go!

Dark_Dreamz

Whispers in the dark

When reunited in Sinnoh. Ash and May would fight over the last riceball. When Ash was just about to bite one end, and May the other end. Paul Pikachu would come and grab it, which makes Ash and May lean forward, and kiss. It'll take approx. 1 minute for them to realise what the heck was happening. And choke and splutter, wiping their lips, gagging etc

Or anything similar.

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Long time noo see...
Lots of New People...xcellent

Uhh....yea.personal xperience...if its only girls...No grown ups,or cousins...

i ll answer this later...:)pretty long

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
What other characters from different anime or books, could you compare to May and Ash?

In my opinion the most similar characters have to be Haru and Elie from the Rave Master manga, in terms of personality and their relationship to each other. Haru the kind, head strong hero, and Elie the girl who can stand up for herself but always gets into trouble needing Haru to save her. Also near the end of the series they do become a couple.

Although Haruhi and Kyon from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, have a similar relationship to each other as Ash and May as in they are friends with deep down feelings for each other but are afraid to tell. However, they have different personalities.

Another pair of characters are Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed due to their personalities and relationship being similar.

Can’t think of any others at the moment.

New topic:

Do you think that the writers of Pokemon should include hugging scenes? E.g. When May left for Jhoto, and when she visited for the Wallace Cup.

I think it is a reasonable request, seeing as younger children’s mothers wouldn’t be happy with a kissing scene, seeing as hugs can be between close friends it is not too outlandish.

I think this counts as a topic.

See Ya!

Xcaliber680

Pokemon Tactician
What other characters from different anime or books, could you compare to May and Ash?

Hmm...I would compare May and Ash to Dayala and Justen from <i>The Saga of Recluce</i>. Dayala is a semi-angel who believes in Balance in all, while Justen is a headstrong order-focus who will generally rush into things without thinking them through, but if his friends, especially Dayala, are in danger of getting hurt, he has no end for protection and compassion. If they do get hurt, he has limitless empathy and he always wishes that he could have done more for his friends.

New topic:

Do you think that the writers of Pokemon should include hugging scenes? E.g. When May left for Jhoto, and when she visited for the Wallace Cup.

I think it is a reasonable request, seeing as younger children’s mothers wouldn’t be happy with a kissing scene, seeing as hugs can be between close friends it is not too outlandish.

I think this counts as a topic.

See Ya!

Hugging between close friends, in my knowledge, is purely symbolic of a long-lasting and deep friendship. There's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't take place.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
Yeah, I think that it would have been nice if Ash and May gave each other a hug when she left for Jhoto, as well as when they were reunited at the Wallace Cup.

I could have imagined Ash pulling May into a hug instead of just shaking hands when May went back to Jhoto after competing. It would have been a beautiful scene, bathed in the light of the sunset.

Dark_Dreamz

Whispers in the dark
When May was going to shake Ash's hand, she'llgrab his hand and pull him into a hug...

Thats something I can imagine

Zelby477477

i'm gay
Yes! Honestly it wouldn't make it so "Young man what are you watching!" Just a hug, as long as it was a G-rated hug....
lol

dragontamer23

AshXMay all the way!

Yeah! It's totally reasonable. In fact (shudder) I can totally see Ash hugging Misty or Dawn! I think that it would have been a great scene if they had hugged at the wallace cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.