• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcaliber680

Pokemon Tactician
Here's a new topic to add to the thread...

Outside of Pokemon Movie 8: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Aura is never heard of again. Would you like to see human and pokemon aura manipulation in the show? If so, how? And if not, why not?

I'll start with an answer: I would like to see Ash's manipulation of his own aura come back into the series. In my (future) fanfiction, I'm including aura as an elemental type. I would also like the authors/producers to do their homework on aura a little bit. They have much to learn about metaphysics.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
Outside of Pokemon Movie 8: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Aura is never heard of again. Would you like to see human and pokemon aura manipulation in the show? If so, how? And if not, why not?

This is not really a Advanceshipping question, but as Waterpokes said, it has come up again in the anime. If you want to know what I think is the best description of Aura read the Destiny Bond series by Earthborn, and yes I think it would be cool if Ash could manipulate Aura to some extent.

Good luck on your fanfic Xcaliber680.

See Ya!

Xcaliber680

Pokemon Tactician
ya, woops, thats my fault, got carried away.

Let me rephrase/revise:

If May learned how to manipulate her aura, would she and Ash grow to be closer?

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Hi, I'm Espeon 114x and I happen to like Advanceshipping a lot so I'd like to join this thread.

Hmm, good question. I'm going to say that it might. Ash and May are really close and if May learned how to control her aura, it might bring them closer together. I really do think that yes, if May was to learn to control her aura, it could bring her and Ash closer together.

Dark_Dreamz

Whispers in the dark

Very. If she could manipulate her Aura, they might be able to 'sense' eachothers, feelings, location...All of that. And if their aura's were compatible...Bingo! AdvanceShipping is 10 steps further of becoming canon

Last edited:

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!

Definately, firstly they would have something else in common, and seeing as Aura is being able to detect and see the energy of life, that includes the feelings of the lifeform in question. So they will be able to sense the other's feeling towards them, and they will probably grow closer over time. A good example of this is once again in Earthborn's Destiny Bond series.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
23:30 GMT

I didn't realise it was Advanceshipping Day. So,

;370;HAPPY ADVANCESHIPPING DAY!!!!!!;370;

So Now for a new topic;

What is your favourite Advanceshipping confession scene in a fanfic?

My favourite One-shot confession is in the fic 'When Earth Meets Ocean' (Link in sig). My favourite Chapter fic confession is in 'Two of a Kind', because the scenario just flows smoothly.

See Ya!

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Happy Advanceshipping day, EVERYONE!

Do you think that the writers of Pokemon should include hugging scenes? E.g. When May left for Jhoto, and when she visited for the Wallace Cup.

Yes!
There's no reason why the writers can't keep hugging scenes in the Anime. A hug shows how close they are. Me and my friends, who happen to be guys hug all the time. I don't think there's no reason why they can't keep hugging scenes.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
Now we have to wait for the next Advanceshipping day on 15th March.

I think that everyone agrees that the anime should include hugs, and I just found a fic on fanfiction.net with a hug ---> Here We Are By S. Muffin

It seems that there used to be Awards on Advanceshipping day but it looks like this year it has not been organised.

See Ya!

swampert55

It seems that there used to be Awards on Advanceshipping day but it looks like this year it has not been organised.

There were. However, the people who organised it (Hunter_RuLe, lunarshadow, and I) are no longer frequent visitors of this forum. Feel free to create your own if you are interested.

dragontamer23

AshXMay all the way!
If Ash and May are together, like a couple, do you think a legendary Pokemon will show up? If Yes, which legendary?

Definitely ho-oh. Can't you just see it creating a brilliant rainbow as the two kiss for the first time?

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
If Ash and May are together, like a couple, do you think a legendary Pokemon will show up? If Yes, which legendary?

I agree that Ho-oh is the biggest posibility seeing as they both have seen it after Ash was freed of the control of the King of Pokelantis, however it could also be Manaphy (due to May being it's 'mother', and therefore Ash it's 'father') or Mew (as they both met it at the tree of begining).

See Ya!

Suave Squirtle

I'd say yes and Manaphy would be the most likely for the reasons Chaos mentioned, although I don't think May saw Lugia so that could be another possibility.

Do you guys think that Ash and May will meet again at the Sinnoh League or the next region, or would they not meet again for some time?

Zelby477477

i'm gay

I think both Manaphy and Mespirt, becuase Manaphy thinks May is her "mother", then she would assume Ash her "father".

And Mespirit because it is the Pokemon of Emotion, and their is so much emotion between them.

Dark_Dreamz

Whispers in the dark

Ho-Oh. Manaphy...Why?

Manaphy. Prince of the Sea. Its 'mother': May. 'Queen' of the Sea. Ash: King. Ha! Happy family reunited!

Ho-Oh.
...What Chaos said :)

eryyy

Ace Trainer
I really need to be more active in this thread. I haven't been around much, sorry.

Manaphy. Manaphy thinks May is its mother so it would probably assume Ash is its father.
That's really all I can think of at the moment.

dragontamer23

AshXMay all the way!
Do you guys think that Ash and May will meet again at the Sinnoh League or the next region, or would they not meet again for some time?
I think they'll meet again at the sinnoh league, but not the next reigon. We still have the platinum battle frontier, and after that I don't think there's much hope. They're probably gonna go with keeping Dawn or HG/SS girl. But hey, you never know what'll happen at the league...

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!

They will definitely meet again, either at the Sinnoh league or when Ash returns to Pallet after finishing with Sinnoh. I think that it is quite unlikely that May will return to the main cast because the next place will probably be the Jhoto Battle Frontier, while May heads to Sinnoh. After that who knows, it depends whether they add a new region with more Pokemon or finish the series and just do repeats or have a new male main character that is just starting on their own.

No matter what will be decided I think it is unlikely that any of the shippings will be made cannon, so it will finish open ended.

See Ya!

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
It's about time I entered this discussion, seeing as I've been writing an Advanceshipping fic for a few months now.

Most definitely, probably after Ash wins the Sinnoh League and comes to Pallet Town before he heads off to Johto for the Battle Frontier. I hope May ends up traveling with Ash again, I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.