• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
Since May isn't in the main girl anymore, do you think Advanceshipping support is going down as well?

It's hard to tell as I hadn't realised that I supported Advanceshipping until a few months after the Sinnoh saga started, so I don't know what the level of support was like while new episodes with shipping scenes were coming out. However, I have noticed that in the last 8 months on fanfiction.net the number of Advanceshipping fics being written has increased, when I first started supporting the ship the number of fics updated was about 1 chapter for any fic every 2-3 days, but recently it has risen to about 2-3 chapters a day. So based on this fact Advanceshipping lost a few supporters when May left, but with the Wallace Cup arc in Sinnoh, I suppose more interest into the Hoenn and Kanto Battle Frontier saga was created and hence the recent surge in supporters. As long as good fanart and fanfics are written then Advanceshipping should maintain a high level of support.

During what point in the anime do you think was the best time for Ash and May to get together?

There have been a few times that them getting together would not have been out of the question, One of my favourite times this could have happened was in 'Date Expectations', just as May turned away and watched the boat leave (One-Shot link in sig is this scenario). Another time would have been just after May lost the Kanto Grand Festival, or when they went their separate ways after the Terracotta Contest. It also could have happened in the 9th movie just after Ash saves Manaphy at the end or after Manaphy leaves when they are standing on the back of the boat. It could also have happened on their last night together after the Wallace Cup.

See Ya!

Chaos Out!

Xcaliber680

Pokemon Tactician
-_-" Your kidding, right? When that happen, I'll travel to the moon and scream out loud!

Because that's possible without air, right? =P

isn't may with drew?

As was said earlier, if this is an actual question, please watch carefully as to where you are posting it. If you are trolling...well, let's just leave it there.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...I must say, the thread is becoming quiet now...wonder where's everyone??? We need a new topic,,,very good topic!!!

Welcome to the forum/thread Bunny. This thread goes on and off, but it is still very strong; it just needs the right stimulus. I am one of those off/on members. I usually don't have the time to get on.

GalladeX

I'm an awful, awful, awful Advanceshipper T_T
I can't believe I haven't joined!
So..may I join?
And the others just started posting, so I'll assume I'm a member now :p

If Advanceshipping was canon, what part of Ash and May's life would you like to see elaborated most on in the show?
Date. Date. Date. Date. Date. And then Max tries to attack Ash when they kiss ^^

During what point in the anime do you think was the best time for Ash and May to get together?
Um...probably during Date Expecations. I was watching that a couple nights ago and I'm like "KISS FOR GOD'S SAKE!!111!". But really, that or maybe when May came to Sinnoh for that bit. I just felt like that could've been a great time for them to hook up, and then maybe she'd stay. I dunno. I miss May v_v.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I'm an awful, awful, awful Advanceshipper T_T
I can't believe I haven't joined!
So..may I join?
And the others just started posting, so I'll assume I'm a member now :p
This isn't really a club so you don't really need to ask to join the discussion.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Since I was bored, and was on a ADV high. I made this:

[IMG200]http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt237/SpiritDreams/image016-1-1.jpg[/IMG200]

Something we can all oogle at

hm, darkdreams. you the one off blubagarden right? i have seen that pic and i must say, if really good. it brings a warm smile back on my little face.

Okay new topic.

What advanceshipping fanfic are you currently reading that you enjoy and like and why?

I haven't read one for awhile so when i do i will answer the topic.

sjshark23

What AdvanceShipping fanfic are you currently reading that you enjoy and like and why?
Besides my own, I'm currently reading one on FanFiction.net entitled "The More Things Change". It's a rather interesting take on Ash and May's relationship as adults, such as their engagement and (forced) return to school. I honestly think it's a nice change of pace from the somewhat cliche'd ones I've seen around (and hardly any mention of Drew, which makes it even better).

TheRiddler

I think the best time for Ash and May to get together was during either...

A. Episode 2 of Advanced Generation, "Ruin With A View". There was one scene where most fans thought Ash and May were on a date, but they were really at a Pokemon Center.

B. the final scene of Date Expectations, where Ash inexplicably puts his hands on May's shoulders when she misses the boat to Pacificdlog Town for her last Pokemon Contest(and her fifth ribbon) because she wasn't going to leave without Max.

C. The last episode of Pokemon: Battle Frontier, "Home is Where the Start Is". Ash running up to the boat, telling May how he feels about her and kissing her before she leaves for the Jhoto Region Pokemon Contests(which they didn't have in Generation II, so I don't know why May would go to Jhoto instead of going with Ash to Sinnoh, where there are Pokemon Contests)

D. The Wallace Cup arc. The last scene of "A Full-Course Tag Battle" would have been the perfect time for Ash and May to kiss(if only Dawn, Brock and Piplup weren't in that scene). Even "Strategy with A Smile", the final episode of the Wallace Cup arc, where May leaves the group(for the moment) would have been the perfect time for Ash and May to get together.

Come to think of it, had one of May's rivals(Drew) never opened his big mouth about the Pokemon Contests in the Jhoto Region, we AdvanceShippers would be showing our superiority over those nasty ContestShippers and PokeShippers. Instead, we have to wait for May to return for more AdvanceShipping hints(which is so unfair).

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
What advanceshipping fanfic are you currently reading that you enjoy and like and why?

Okay i just read one and i really like the fice called Two halves make a whole the whole story is so discreptive and very creative and the cliffhangers and very nice. it not too mary sue and OOC. its a great read for anybody that likes advanceshipping.

Dark_Dreamz

Whispers in the dark
Eh? Yes. I'm DarkDreams. Dark_Dreamz. Dark-Dreams. Dark_Dreams. DarkDreamz...All the same :D

I always reread "Ribbon" by PikamasterADV. It's so...Good *-* The chapter fic i'm reading is one called "Shades of Red" (Forgot the author) And it's reaaally funny. A bit OoC, but a great read all together read all together xD

"Two halves make a whole" is good as well, but I have to admit, I haven't been following it ;-; Great friend I am to the author..

But of course, I like reading the fics I write. Mainly because I edit them about 10 times before posting

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Obviously the beginning of the Hoenn Saga when May decided to join Ash on his journey through the region. They were alone for two whole episodes. May made her first mistake when trying to catch Pokemon but Ash guided her through it with advice, how cute! Not much romance involved, but both were able to get used to each other in those two episodes. The bond came to exist the minute Pikachu destroyed May's bike in it's frenzy lol.

GalladeX

What AdvanceShipping fanfic are you currently reading that you enjoy and like and why?
I haven't really dove head first into Advanceshipping fanfictions, but I've read 'When Earth Meets Ocean', which is the best Advance fanfic I've read so far.

TheRiddler

Time to unravel the next 2 topics!

What would be your idea of Ash and May's perfect date?

and

What would Ash and May's petnames for each other be?

I will answer both topics later

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer

I really haven't read any in such a long time that I can't accurately comment on this topic, but "Sweet Kiss" by Raevell here on this forum is still my favourite one-shot. It had pretty much everything a good one-shot needs.

Uh, knowing them, it'd be some kind of battle or something. Maybe they'd go spend a day at the Pokeathlon Centre or whatever it's called - a place where they could both be immersed with Pokemon and also get some quality alone time together.

From a shippy viewpoint I'd like to see them both take a walk through Terracotta Town at the end of the Sinnoh League when everyone's back in Kanto briefly. They could reminisce about their contest battle and pull out the ribbon again as they remember all the good times they've shared.

To be honest, I can't really imagine Ash or May having pet names for each other. I don't really think it's their style.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!

Too many to name basically I read whatever Advanceshipping fic that gets updated on either serebii or fanfiction.net, as you can only find out how good it is after reading, if its not very good then I can just stop reading. One of the good ones that is updated often and is now nearly finished was 'A Love Not Too Soon Be Forgotten' by Gerbilftw on fanfiction.net.

Knowing them it would probably just be training together, and then in the evening just watching the sunset and looking at the stars. If they did eat out it wouldn't be a very expensive restaurant, but a cosier family restaurant where their appetites will not empty their wallets.

I'm with Gazmof on this one, Ash and May are not the type of people to use petnames for each other as their names are already really short. If they did May might call Ash, 'Ashy', and I don't know about Ash but in a fic I read he called May, 'Angel'.

See Ya!

Chaos Out!

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
I remember this one time I found a movie 9 manga, but I didn't have enough money to pay for it at the time ;.; I haven't seen it since. I'm desperate for some Advanceshipping in manga form.

Here's some cute screenshots I took from episode 343. It's one of the episodes where May agonizes over who to root for in the Petalburg match - Ash or her Dad :D

[img139]http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4431/advance343s1.jpg[/img139]
"But I don't want Ash to lose, either..."

[img139]http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4190/advance343s2.jpg[/img139]
I love when May holds Pikachu.

[img139]http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/5400/advance343s3.jpg[/img139]
Oh, Ash :/

[img139]http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/9296/advance343s4.jpg[/img139]
"You need to concentrate, Ash!"

[img139]http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4089/advance343s5.jpg[/img139]
:O

I love how May was always so into watching Ash's battle during the Hoenn arcs. It's a shame she kinda stopped caring during the Kanto Battle Frontier.

Last edited:

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤

Hmm, good question.

I personally think that when May came to Sinnoh would have been the perfect time for Ash and May to get together. But that's just me.

I'm totally with Gazmof and Chaos Umbreon with this one.
I don't really think that Ash and May would have pet names for each other.
But hey, you never know ;)

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

Pet names, i don't really think they would have pet names for each other and if they did i would be feeling like 0.o throughtout the whole thing.

@darkdreams: so you are, im battlefreak602 over there. i should really stop changeing my name. -_-

Since ASh isn't the real romantic type i think just eating out or training together or walking in the park or beach together is romantic enough for me, for others maybe it isn't enough or to much. 0.o

sjshark23

Pet names...doesn't seem like their style. Probably some diminutive, since that's often how it goes.

GalladeX

Hm...like mostly everyone said, it doesn't really seem their style. But, I guess -if May met Gary-, then she could call Ash 'Ashy-boy' just to annoy him a bit. I think that'd be really cute ^^

Probably a nice date at a homey restauran--
Screw that. They have Brock.
He'll make them some reallllly good meal, and the'll have a candlelit dinner.
Then a nice walk on the beach, etc. etc.

Betamax16

Hello everyone, I'm kinda new here and Advanceshipping is my favorite shipping. I actually just recently discovered it believe it or not...

I visited my younger cousin early last week and he dragged me off to watch hours of Pokémon episodes he got for his birthday. It was torture at first, having to watch all the old stuff that I vaguely remembered. I was starting to drift off to sleep when AG001 came on, and I woke up and said "Wait a sec... who's this new girl?" My cousin turned around and gave me a confused look and said "You don't know who that is? Her name's May"

I hadn't watch a single episode of Pokémon since 2003, so May was completely new to me. I hadn't even heard about any of the newer games or stuff like that. (Yes, I've been living under a rock :p )

As the episodes progressed I liked her a lot more than I ever had Misty when I was younger. After watching the 6'th Movie, I was curious as to what May was wishing for and went looking online, and came across Fanfiction.net. Someone had written a fic on what they believed it was about and it was then that I found out about the concept of shipping. I looked up some more Advanceshipping stories on Fanfiction.net and was hooked.

Anyways, I hope that you guy's will accept me here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.