• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤
Hey Advanceshippers! ^^

Sorry about my inactivity everyone. I've been busy with school, homework, and such and I never got the chance to get on. But now the school year is coming to close, I've more time to myself! :D

Tsubasa no Tenshi said:
How do you guys think May would react if she learned Dawn and Ash tied in a contest and split the ribbon the same way Ash split a ribbon with her? (I really hope this dosn't actually happen for real but it's a intresting what if)

Well, yeah, that's not going to happen. The split ribbon was May and Ash's thing.
I can't imagine the writers doing that and if they did, it woul be just plain stupid. It would be like they're trying to copy May. It would be really stupid.
Besides, the high fives are Ash and Dawn's thing so to have Ash high five someone else would make every pearlshipper angry (sorry, I'm a Pearlshipper as well as an Advanceshipper)
So, yeah, that's definietly NOT going to happen.

What do you think Delia's impression of May as a potential daughter-in-law is?

Well, Delia really seems to like May a lot.
I personally think she'd be happy to see Ash getting married and I'm she'd be happy about it being someone he actually knows and is good frinds with.

Conversely, what do you think Norman and Caroline's impressions of Ash as a son-in-law would be? Would they approve of Ash and May as an item?

Same thing with the last question.
Both Norman and Caroline really liked Ash too so I'm sure they'd be more then happy to accept as a son-in-law and they would definietly approve of Ash and May as a couple.

How do you think Max would react if Ash and May were to be an item?

Max would be a totally different story.
I agree with Eon Master on this one. I think Max would lose it at first. Remember the Ash vs Norman gym battle episode? Max totally snapped after Ash beat, stole the badge, and hid in the green house.
Max really does think of Ash as an older brother so for him to find out about them dating, I personally think it would affect him a lot.
but hey, that's just me

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Hey Advanceshippers.Even If I love Pearl and Contest I have a topic for you guys.But I love Advanceshipping too.
Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May?I mean in a fist fight not Pokemon battle.
I think that Ash would fight Drew for May.I mean He hate Drew.I see that Ash wanted to at least punch Drew in the face at least.It would be funny.Ash washed Drew to get May then May would fall for him maybe Drew said something mean and Ash defends May like her prince.

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤
I think that Ash would fight Drew for May.I mean He hate Drew.

Wait a second!
I don't recall anyone ever mentioning in the anime that Ash hates Drew. Ash and Drew seemed to get along. Well, to me, they did.
Remember in that one episode, I believe it was 'May, We Harley Drew'd Ya', Ash talked to Drew about all the rivals he faces over the years. They actually bonded in that episode.
Yeah, I don't think Ash hates Drew.

Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May? I mean in a fist fight not Pokemon battle.

Nope, can't see that happening.
One. this is kids show. You're not gonna see anyone fist fighting in a kids TV show. Enough said right there.
Two, like I said, I don't think Ash and Drew hate each other so the chances of them ever fist fighting are slim to none.
So, yeah, this topic is a bit crazy. No offense.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May? I mean in a fist fight not Pokemon battle.

Lol, funniest thing i have heard all night, but on serious note, no, Ash isn't the violent type, i mean im not saying Ash can't fight its just this is pokemon we are talking about, its is a kid show in the end, not WWE.

Oh yes i made a advanceshipping banner, here have a look.

[imgSIZE=400]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/battlefreak602/Copy2ofCopyofCopyofCopyofIkari.jpg[/IMGsize]

And a topic

There have been many rumors that when DP ends, so will Ash's travel and the main charathers from BW will replace him in the new region, following the yu-gi-oh GX style. if this is true, how do you do you think this will affect Advanceshipping?

I think this will affect the advanceshippers in the long run, at the start maybe not but as the fans start to accept the two new chararthers the support for Advanceshipping might go down but in the other hand, there will always be fans that will never give up supporting advanceshipping. so advanceshipping i believe will never be forgotten.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I know it was crazy to ask. XD But I thought it would be funny to see that. But Im both Advance and Pearl and Contest. So thinking of rivalry kind of fun. To say. Sorry 4 the stupid crazy topic

advance4ev

~Pure Awesomeness~
Ash in a fistfight with Drew? It'd be ab odd situation (I don't think they're the the type of people who would fight. I'm not saying Ash is a total wimp though :p) but I think since it's a kids show and all.... Only in our dreams :/
I sure hope they don't take Ash out (even though I don't watch the show as much). The show would probably go down the drain imo.
I think it would certainly affect advanceshipping. No Ash=No reunion with May No reuniun=No new hints (unless they make those mini series (cameos?) of how Ash and others are doing) It's a recipe for disaster :O jkjk
But we're strong and advanceshipping will last FOREVER!!!! :D
Fight the Power!! (that was random)

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
There have been many rumors that when DP ends, so will Ash's travel and the main charathers from BW will replace him in the new region, following the yu-gi-oh GX style. if this is true, how do you do you think this will affect Advanceshipping? I dont think it would like try new things maybe lucky Ash will dating May and take over her father's gym.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
God I haven't been on in like 2.5 weeks!

Anyway, time to put my opinion into the current topic.

Well I don't think Ash is likely to use violence now but if I remember correctly when Drew made his first appearance and insulted May didn't Ash challenge him to a battle for May's sake, so they didn't get off on the right foot. I still don't think that Ash's opinion of Drew is that good, probably similar to how he feels about Paul (they are similar), however, Ash has mellowed out since he first went around Kanto cause I think that he did use force, but only in dire circumstances (he did try to punch Mewtwo in the first movie). Ash mellowed out in early Hoenn and it takes a lot for him to use violence, he wouldn't fight Drew over May, but if Drew did something to May and it was especially bad then I could see Ash snapping (and Ash would definitely win), if this happens May would probably restrain him to stop him doing something that he would regret, but she would also be thankful for him looking out for her. I don't see it entirely impossible as he has used violence before and it has occurred in other 'kids shows' like Yu-Gi-Oh! to which 4KIDS would badly edit it out, remember in Japan the audience isn't mainly young children it is normally for young teens and changed into a kids show for the Western World so content like death and any violence are removed be it a scene taken out or a character went away 'somewhere' instead of dying.

I think I've made my point.

There have been many rumours that when DP ends, so will Ash's travel and the main characters from BW will replace him in the new region, following the Yu-Gi-Oh GX style. If this is true, how do you do you think this will affect Advanceshipping?

As long as the end scene is completely open ended then all the main shippings will still be around, yes there will be no new hints, but it will leave it open for new fanfic ideas, as well as there being no shipping war as none will be cannon. If it wasn't open ended then support will probably go down a bit and Nintendo will lose some customers. The main thing that will change is that there will be no new interest in the ship unless they show re-runs of Hoenn and the Battle Frontier. Advanceshipping will never disappear fully as long as new fanart is drawn and fanfics written.

That is all.

By the way nice Banner midnightjewelz.

See Ya!

Chaos Out!

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Pearlmasterking, that topic is borderline Drew-bashing, and it's not really very constructive. Ash vs Drew/Advance vs Contest topics usually result in flamewars, so I'm prohibiting anyone else from talking about it. If you want to discuss it further, PM one of the mods and ask if you can start a debate thread.

Here's a new topic that's probably been asked but, eh, I like it:

What do you think are the most compatible qualities Ash and May have?

For me the overwhelming qualities are that Ash and May are both so dedicated, outgoing, and have overall complimentary natures. The way their friendship has evolved into something more is what really makes me love this shipping.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Advanceshippers Im sorry for the offensive question.Believe me I really didn't know and Let me make it up?with a new nicer topic.
What anime couple do Ash and May represent most?
Well I think of Naruto and Hinata mostly because of the kindness May give to Ash.Ash is like Naruto trying to go to the top.May will support one step at a time.

ponyboycurtis

I'm new to this fourm and i saw thisboard and i had to check it out. i didn't even know what the terms such as advance hsipping, pokepihipping meant until i saw this fourm. so I want to join this community since i ship ash with may.

also does anyone know where i can get ash and may screencaps at?

also i have a question, is it true that ash and may almost kissed on this one episode only shown in japan?

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Welcome ponyboy. i hope you have a great time here.

Well photobucket have a few common ones, you can start there if you wish.

And this is a old question. Ash and May never kissed in the anime, somebody just edit the pic very well convinceing alot of people back then. so that rumor is false.

And new topic, a pretty common one.

How did you got into advanceshipping?

First Hoenn episode. Ash and May's chemistry was cute enough for me to like. ^^

Last edited:

FrostCrusher

SatoHaru is one of my favorite ships, besides SatoHika.

Since the beginning of the first Hoenn episode.

This is hard, but the closest is
Yoichi Garasuma and Ibuki Ikaruga from Asu no Yoichi. (Typical shounen protagonist + Type B tsundere protagonist)

I think it's more about the chemistry. They're very much similar to each other, and complement each other well. The mentor-student relation helps too.

No, but with some exceptions.

There have been many rumours that when DP ends, so will Ash's travel and the main characters from BW will replace him in the new region, following the Yu-Gi-Oh GX style. If this is true, how do you do you think this will affect Advanceshipping?
Not much, as long as they keep it open-ended.

How do you think Ash reacted when May announced that she was going to the Johto region by herself?
I didn't think he'd mind, really. All he wanted for her is for her to do her best.

What advanceshipping dreams/daydreams have you had.
Not much, to my knowledge. But it's usually in the forms of idealized shipping characters similar to them.

Will you absolutely stay an Advanceshipper in the 5th gen if the new female trainer joins the crew, or will whoever it is affect your stance on the subject?
Always. There's no reason not to drop Advanceshipping, especially it's known that she still has feelings for Ash.

What song or songs do you think describe AdvanceShipping the best?
That's a hard question, as I tend to imagine all my ships in the same songs. I wouldn't use the word 'best song' for any ship.

I don't think she'd mind.

Conversely, what do you think Norman and Caroline's impressions of Ash as a son-in-law would be? Would they approve of Ash and May as an item?
I don't think they'd mind.

As for the Max question: I don't think he'd mind particularly, especially since he knows that his onee-chan would be much happier around Ash. In fact, he'd be much happier that he'd see Ash and May together.

ponyboycurtis

sine i see a lot of you guys answering some questions i've decided to also answer some too

Since the 9th pokemon movie, yeah i was starting to get into shipping when i saw that movie. i didn't really notice their hints until that movie, but when i got older and started watching pokemon again after not watching it for a while i noticed more hints between them. i also saw pokeshipping hints but to me ash and misty argue too much and ash needs some he can get along with and may get along with him just fine.

i agree with frostcrusher's answer entirely

Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May? Only if Drew broke her heart then ash would punch him.

it might if ash never sees her again

What advanceshipping dreams/daydreams have you had.
None so far to be honest. i don't remember most of my dreams. the few i do remeber aren't about any ship

Will you absolutely stay an Advanceshipper in the 5th gen if the new female trainer joins the crew, or will whoever it is affect your stance on the subject?
It depends if the new girl is compatible with ash or not

She'd be happy that ash found his soulmate

They would approve

As for the Max question: He' probaly be happy for them

Love in a Mist

Mostly Harmless
Ah, hello. I'm Mist, and I'm new to these forums. ^^;
Anyways, I'm a big fan of Advanceshipping, so I thought I should probably join this thread!

How did you get into advanceshipping?
Well May is my favorite out of the three main girls - I find her to be the most interesting and likable. So when I started watching AG I knew I would end up shipping her with someone. And then I watched The Bicker the Better, which got me thinking about how cute her interactions were with Ash, and... yeah. :)

Honestly, they kind of remind me of Kukai & Utau from Shugo Chara. Kukai is very energetic like Ash is, and he often gives Utau words of advice when she's feeling low. Utau & May aren't exactly alike, but they both have a competitive streak and can be blunt/sarcastic at times. Plus, Kukai & Utau share the love of food that Ash & May have as well~ xD

Hmm, most likely. I support a few other Ash ships, but Advance by far is my favorite, so even if May only gets a minor cameo in gen V I will probably stay an Advanceshipper. I'm not the type who needs lots and lots of hints in order to ship something.

Suave Squirtle

How did you get into Advanceshipping?

Well after the episode "The Bicker the Better", I thought they made a really cute couple and it's stuck since, though I considered it from the first episode featuring May.

Their love of food, similar love of pokemon (even if it took May longer to realize Pokemon were awesome), love of adventuring, did I mention love of food?

Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May?

Depends, I didn't really see May liking Drew too much, and he seemed a bit too obnoxious for her to be troubled in her choice, but I suppose yes, if May had a hard time choosing and Drew was extremely impudent toward Ash then I could see a fight happening.

Not sure, Ash would probably be forgotten by the writers if he was scrapped, so we probably wouldn't see any interaction with the proposed new protagonist (since they wouldn't meet at all, etc.), but it looks like he'll still be around for another season, since an official piece of artwork shows him in the male Gen V protagonist's outfit, which is a good hint that he'll still have a main role.

She'd find her to be an adorable soulmate for her son I'd believe.

I think they wouldn't feel quite as strongly postive as Delia, but they wouldn't be quite wary either.

(Didn't answer the 5th gen question because I was the one that asked it. XD)

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤
Hey Advanceshippers! :D
It's been a while since I posted here, hasn't it? I really need to be more active.

How did you get into Advanceshipping?

Well, to be honest, I'm not really so sure myself.
I guess I really started to like Advanceshipping a lot when I first saw 'The Bicker the Better'. I just thought they made a very cute couple. They were very close during the Advanced Generation and they could definietly work it out.
Sure, they've fought in the past but name one couple who doesn't fight.

Last edited:

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
With the announcement of the new girl for the Black and White anime series, we're starting to get a better idea of what the season might look like, atmosphere-wise. Therefore, I propose a new topic:

What do you think would be a good scenario for May to make a brief cameo appearance for a few episodes of the Black and White anime?

Think "The Wallace Cup," here. I'll give my own answer later, but I'm sure there will be lots of great opportunities to see May make a cameo, possibly even with Dawn if it revolves around some new contest aspect of the games.

FrostCrusher

What do you think would be a good scenario for May to make a brief cameo appearance for a few episodes of the Black and White anime?

Anything as long as it involves contests in some form.

ponyboycurtis

i have another question for you guys

what do you feel about the straight rival ships againist ash/may such as contestshipping or poke shipping?(be polite when answer this no flaming the other ships please)

Status
Not open for further replies.