• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
What do you think would be a good scenario for May to make a brief cameo appearance for a few episodes of the Black and White anime?
Since Dawn is likely to get an appearence I think that May should appear at the same time. Maybe something like the Wallace Cup. In fact if Iris doesn't enter Pokemon Contests it might mean seeing May and Dawn's rivals again too.

This would probably mean more interaction with Dawn than May but I imagine it'll be Iris who would interact with Dawn the most which could mean Ash and May getting more time together.

Suave Squirtle

What do you feel about the straight rival ships against ash/may such as contestshipping or poke shipping?(be polite when answer this no flaming the other ships please)

I really don't understand what is the popularity of boyXboy and girlXgirl shippings, it disturbs the heck out of me that people create these so often, especially in pokemon where 1-out-of-3 less popular, 100% fanmade ships seems to be one of the two. >_>

I think the shippings that rival Advanceshipping the most are:

-PokeShipping (Very popular especially among the majority of "old school, I don't do new school" watchers, probably the only pairing more popular than AdvanceShipping and PearlShipping in this anime, Pearl and Advance are probably 2nd or 3rd with it difficult to tell which is ahead)
-PearlShipping (The show has had a lot of "shippy" moments between them, which has really made this pairing popular lately)
-ContestShipping (For PokeShippers and PearlShippers especially this is a popular choice because they see it as a way to shut AS possibilities, but I don't feel that way)
-WishfulShipping (AshXIris, I can see this one becoming popular because they kind of look cute together)
-AbilityShipping (AshXAnabel, it's kind of cute and is my 2nd favorite, ahead of Pearl)
-MorpheusShipping (AshXAngie, Angie clearly has a crush on him and is the only non-major character with a crush on Ash to appear in multiple non-consecutive episodes)

I don't like Poke or Contest ships, but the others look pretty nice and the two characters in them seem compatible enough.

I have a new question inspired by the above, though I think we had something similar before.

What shippings do you think go hand-in-hand with AdvanceShipping?

For me, they're:

-OrangeShipping (TracyXMisty)
-AdmirationShipping (DrewXBrianna, the girl from the episode that sparked the majority of ContestShipping)
-PenguinShipping (KennyXDawn)

I also find the following go well with it also:
-PunyShipping (Max X Vivi Winstrate [Anime-version]. She was the girl he battled in the episode with the Camerupt, and Max was daydreaming about him being her bf while May made fun of him throughout the episode)
-YellowShipping (RitchieXCasey)
-BreederShipping (BrockXSuzy, the original owner of Vulpix)

Last edited:

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
What do you think would be a good scenario for May to make a brief cameo appearance for a few episodes of the Black and White anime?

Well, she'd have to have awesome black and white clothing. Gee I denno...Ash is telling White [because I want to believe she's coming to the anime] about May and how awesome she was at coordinating, and then THERE SHE IS IN THE CONTEST! Oh my goodness. That's rather strange. May and White get along amazingly, of course, and May and Ash share lovey secrets memories about what's happened to them so far. May says she's here to check out stuff and do a contest, then she'll go back. White and May do the contest together and they win [yay!] and Ash and May have a romantic sunset watch together. <3 The end.

What do you feel about the straight rival ships against ash/may such as contestshipping or poke shipping?(be polite when answer this no flaming the other ships please)

Um...well I love Contestshipping XD It's one of my favorite ships...and Pokeshipping is kinda meh...I like Advanceshipping better than it. May and Ash hit it off better. :)

~riolulu

Okie dokie, I guess I'll start off by introducing myself, seeing as I'm also a newbie to the forums. I'm Mel, and I support AdvancedShipping 110% wootwoot!

I'll just answer a few questions to start off...

How did you got into advanceshipping?

Ya know what, I wish I could answer this with a positive answer, but I can't. Maybe because of the shipping moments I saw with them throughout the anime? Or the movies? Usually when I fall in love with a shipping/couple, it's kinda like first love for me, and it stays that way unless I'm impacted greatly in a different perspective. So my final answer would have to be 'first love at first sight' with these two, and that's how I plan on staying.

Will you absolutely stay an Advanceshipper in the 5th gen if the new female trainer joins the crew, or will whoever it is affect your stance on the subject?

PFFT *points to above answer* No matter what, I will always support AS. Even if Ash becomes a canon couple with someone else like Misty or Dawn or Iris, I'll still have my heart set on May. Something just tells me that those two belong together.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I'm back after a loong time xD

What shippings do you think go hand-in-hand with AdvanceShipping?

Hmm i can see:
Orangeshipping
Gymleadershipping
Penguinshipping

Will you absolutely stay an Advanceshipper in the 5th gen if the new female trainer joins the crew, or will whoever it is affect your stance on the subject?

Yes i will. I only support this shipping of both Ash and May. And i am going to be an Advanceshipper forever and support it no matter what happens! xD
If Ash gets paired up...i think it will be either Misty or May. Dawn and iris are too young.

Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May?I mean in a fist fight not Pokemon battle.

I don't think they'll have a fist fight. But if they have...I think Ash could beat Drew anyday. Ash looks stronger and i guss he is older.Plus like others said...This is a show for kids.They won't start showing Ash fighting for Love instead of becoming a Pokemon Master.

PokeShipping.Whoever watched the Indigo,Orange islands and Johto episodes have a feeling there is something.Especially in The 2nd Movie.The Old school watchers are definitely gonna support this.

ContestShipping.Like Suave Squirtle said,Majority of Poke and Pear shippers are going to support this as a second choice to seperate Ash and May.

PearlShipping.While seeing Diamond and Pearl episodes, I saw a lot of hints and shippy moments.More than Advanceshipping! People are starting to support this as well after seeing so many hints.

AbilityShipping.I don't see the shipping actually happening.Anabel is going to stay in Kanto while Ash is travelling the Pokemon World to be a Pokemon Master.And it is kind of One Sided.

How did you got into Advanceshipping?

I became an Advanceshipper after seeing the first episode of the Advance series.Although i wasn't sure if this ship might happen or not. But after the series progressed and with the Manaphy Movie. I was sure there is a possibility.

ponyboycurtis

I'm going to answer my own question

-PokeShipping = I find some of their moments cute but ash and misty are too muc like siblings. they aren't related but you know that when people have friendships with someone and thery are close like siblings are. Because i view them this way I would find it kinda weird for them to become a couple. They should just stay friends

-PearlShipping= Some of the scenes of what people call moments hinting ash and dawn aren't really moments in my opinion. I know people claim that when dawn chered ash in one episode and ash's reaction was hint, but to me even though ash smiled when dawn cheered for him, that doesn't mean that they like each other in a romantic way.He could be smiling just because she wants him to win.Firends do that for each other and they don't have any romantic feelings. I don't get why people consider that a moment. there's other so-called moments people talk about that i don't really consider a moment but it'll take forever to explain them all. Because of that i view ash/dawn as a fanon ship but what's wrong with fanon or crack ships! I personally love crack ships but i'm not a fan of ash/dawn, i just find them boring together so i don't support them

-ContestShipping=I know May had a crush on drew but in my opinion it was one of those temporary crushes that don't last. Also Drew was an a** to her. sending her flowers and then caliming it was for her butterfry.There was sevral times when i wanted to slap drew for being such a jerk to May. Yes i hate drew too. I think may will stop crushin on him based on the way he treats her.

Last edited:

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
What made you become an AdvanceShipper?

Because May is a cool, under-appreciated character.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

Pokeshipping: I still support this ship, but i can't think that this ship is a little one-sided.

Contestshipping: I slightly like this ship, but their hints, to me are a little repeative and one-sided.

Lunar Lucario

The One And Only
How did you got into Advanceshipping?
The first episode something in my just clicked and then i saw a picture of them almost kissing. Then I became an ADVshipper

Yes, but they better show May ADVshipper 4 Lyfe

What do you feel about the straight rival ships against ash/may such as contestshipping or poke shipping?

Pokeshipping: Ash and Misty are more fitted to be just best friends, in my personal opinion. Sure, there have been hints that both characters like each other, but when it all comes to the end, I think they share a strictly close friendship. Misty is romanticist, Ash is blunt and slow and only interested in becoming a pokemon master (as of now). They've had too many friend-bonding moments to really move forward into a couple. Still, we can't deny how popular this couple is and the close relationship the two characters have with each other. I've never really liked this couple to begin with, and never will at this point.

Contestshipping: This is about the only other ship I support, but of course AS is still my number one. I'm not a huge supporter of this ship, and have to say I'm only attracted to this ship because of the interactions between Drew and May. True, he acts rather harsh and then suddenly goes around giving her roses, but that's just how Drew acts despite his cold demeanor. I've somehow find myself attracted to this types of guys anyway, and if all fails with AS, this is a back-up ship for May.

sjshark23

What do you feel about the straight rival ships against Ash/May such as ContestShipping or PokeShipping?

PokeShipping: I've often imagined Misty as being a couple of years older than Ash, based off how much more mature she seems. The way they always fought like a pair of bear cubs didn't do much to convince me, either; to me, this is strictly friendship.

ContestShipping: This one I absolutely cannot stand. Drew's technique of taunting May incessantly and then tossing her a rose is just wrong. That's no way to treat any girl, despite the romantic undertones.

PearlShipping: A sibling-like relationship, if you ask me. Dawn looks far too young for Ash, and assuming the anime's ages are accurate time-wise, she IS. Very little evidence to convince me; again, she tends to be more of a bubbly little sister sometimes.

How did you get into AdvanceShipping?
The first time I really thought the pairing could work was by watching the ninth movie, particularly when Ash shut May, Pikachu and Manaphy in the capsule to protect them. The rest is too long and drawn-out to explain, but I never looked back from there.

Antiyonder

Overlord
First off, I still do Advanceshipping, but to go give my few cents on the other pairings,

Pokeshipping: Don't get me wrong, I do see moments that could make this couple plausible, but the thing Advance and Pearl have over this is that Ash actually cheer on May & Dawn. He'd watch Misty in some battles, even be impressed, but you'd never see him giving her some verbal support.

Pearlshipping: Sure there haven't been outstanding moments, but simplicity can go a long way. Now, I'd say the High Fives are pretty significant. Not the HFs themselves, but how compared to other HFs, the background would be white, while zooming in and going slowmo when they do it. Plus, while Ash would watch May's contents at times on the monitor, he's made it a habit to watch all of Dawn's contents in person.

advance4ev

~Pure Awesomeness~
I always seem to be here like every once a month -_-;;
Of course I'll stay an advanceshipper. I am looking forward to Black and White for some reason, unlike Diamond and Pearl. And I don't care if there's a bajillion hints from the girl, or anybody; I'll still suport advanceshipping!! Woooo!

What do you feel about the straight rival ships against Ash/May such as ContestShipping or PokeShipping?
Pokeshipping imo are like besties for life and such. Or maybe even siblings with the arguments and whatnot. Although it's starting to become more and more dead, there's a bunch of people who go old school (which isn't always the best thing, cause new school has computers :p) and support it.
Contestshipping is extremely popular and a very big threat. I can not not stand it to be honest. The cocky attitude angering May and then that rose comes into play. Yes, it's obvious that may has/had a crush on him; but I think that's just it....a crush.
Pearlshipping is also skyrocketing to the popularity thing. There has been many hints(although I think some of them are bogus) and I don't even watch D&P often. But they're more like brother and sister, supporting each other and having fighting like brother and sister(plus they even look like brother and sister). [Plus Ash is like wayyyy to old for Dawn in real life. Ash would be like...24 and Dawn is like... 13 O_O. So Ash would be drinking while Dawn is begging her parents to go to a PG-13 movie lol. Buuuuuut of course the anime has the fountain of youth on their side xP]

How did you get into AdvanceShipping? Actually from an AMV. I was a dense kid tbh and had almost no clue about the Advnace series. I started watching more and more AMV's and thought "Awwww they look cute togetther. I started watching the series, and I knew something was there. And ever since age of 9, I've been a HUMUNGO advanceshipper o^.^o

Last edited:

Lunar Lucario

The One And Only
Do you think Ash might fight Drew for May?I mean in a fist fight not Pokemon battle.
This question is different, so i like it

i really doubt it though because Drew might break a nail

493pkmns

secret suicune
Yes or no it sort of depends on the situation.
1.between ash and may (what is the degree of relationship)?
2.what is the situation (did drew attack her or did she choose to go with him or what)?

PS: Does anyone have any tips/ideas for me I have been wanting to write a fanfic for a while but now I am going to do something about it.

SatoHaruChan

離れてパンケーキから入手!
Hello! I'm new to the forums and I happened to be a Advanceshipper! Well, I see there are a lot of interesting topics here! I'll get to them soon. But as of today...

How did you get into AdvanceShipping?
Well, I got into it instantly!
When the Johto season was going on, in the beginning I had a slight pokeshipping attraction, but that went over board when it just got to the point that Ash and Misty didn't look like they could be together. That and how the chemistry wasn't there.
Like someone said, Misty is a romanticist, and ash is a slow person when it comes to love. You bring two characters like that together and the chemistry is all wrong.

When the next season came, I thought, 'Oh, here comes another girl like Misty.' But when I actually saw May I was taken away. I knew I was going to like her and Ash together, because she had that head on attitude, and a lot of qualities that Ash had. For instant they both loved to eat. <3 Through out the three seasons I enjoyed watching every episode, trying to catch hints ( and there were quite a lot ) and just fall in love with them. I was glad when she came back in sinnoh too. So here's this question done.

YES!
I might have new shipping that evolve the new character with another one, but not whats so ever with Ash.

Judgement

Phew, it sure has been a long time since I came here. In fact, I don't think I've even posted in this thread at all yet... last time I was active here was when the Wallace Cup was airing I believe. But now, with DP almost ending, my interest for pokémon has yet again been rejuvenated, and so I decided to peek in again! It's nice to see that there still is a lot of support for this shipping and that new people are still popping up. Keep at it guys~

I think It's about time to start drawing some advanceshipping fanart again. I'll probably do something when I find the time for it.

drago2828

Hey everyone I'm new to the forums.

ContestShipping- I actually find this very plausible even though I dislike Drew as a character. There are a lot of hints that support the shipping. The only problem is that to me is that it seems a bit one-sided. I think Drew has a crush on May, but she doesn't have the same feelings for Drew. You also have to remember that May is 10 and drew is probably around 13 give or take a year. What 10 year old girl wouldn't get embarrassed or at least blushes when a guy gives her a rose. I personally am not a fan of this shipping, but there is evidence supporting it.

PokeShipping- This one just screams best friends to me. Ash and Misty just don't have that chemistry like Ash/May or even Drew/May. This is partially due to the fact that Ash was just a starting pokemon trainer when he first met Misty and Pokemon was the only thing on his mind at the time. This kind of IMO created a kind of rift in their relationship that keeps them at just friends. This is unlike how Ash taught May about pokemon and even got her to like pokemon. This IMO let them bond more and helped forge a stronger relationship than Ash/Misty. I actually used to kind of like this shipping, but once May came

PearlShipping- This falls in the same category as Advance shipping as it is protagonistxprotagonist. The only problem for me is that their personalities clash. Dawn is a total girly-girl, while May and Misty were more tomboyish. Ash doesn't strike me as the guy who cares about the time it take for a girl to do her hair. All he knows is that once it's done then they can get going. I don't really see this ever happening as they seem more like brother-sister.

I guess it's possible if Drew really hurts may in some way or if he really loves her that much.

My question to you guys.
Who do you think would confess first (Ash or May) and what would the situation be? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I don't have the time to go through 77 pages of this thread and not to mention that the pages take forever to load.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

I don't think these are rivals. I think people just amke them up because so many new girls appear. Don't worry, the same thing will happen with Iris.

Contestshipping- I don't find this to be a rival. But it seems more canon than the other two. However, I wished May could have bonded more with Ash when she came back for the festival instead of hanging around Dawn all that time.

PokeShipping- I just never liked this ship. They seem more like friends then anything more.

PearlShipping- The characters don't seem to have any chemistry but they get along extremely well. But that's all.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
My question to you guys.
Who do you think would confess first (Ash or May) and what would the situation be? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I don't have the time to go through 77 pages of this thread and not to mention that the pages take forever to load.

Well, knowing Ash's denseness, May would go first, when May confesses he would probably ask if it was a joke or he would take time to himself and think. i really can't see Ash confessing first that he likes May.

Status
Not open for further replies.