• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I believe their opponents were Gardevoir and Hariyama, both of which received little screen time. Anyway, there were no official tag battles with Ash and May on the same team other than in AG072 and possibly AG073/074 with Bulbasaur. (Well I suppose there were if battles against Team Rocket are considered to be such...) When they battle together again, it will be interesting to see how much their cooperative dynamic has improved. I would also love to see Sceptile and Blaziken fight together as teammates as opposed to rivals.

A Sceptile and Blaziken tag battle, that would be just one battle that i would have to watch, thats if it exisited in the anime. lol. but if that happened will we count that as a hint or just another cute moment between friends?

Just to clarify I'm a girl, and yes, I really like. I just have to catch up on reading

Advanceshipping makes you fall in love all over again! xD

Oh, hehe. your name kinda doesn't give a hint on what gender you are. lol. sorry. ^^;

swampert55

Light Ball doubles both Attack and Special Attack after gen 3 though.

A tag battle would make my day, but perhaps they can Rematch Oscar and Andi? That would make my WEEK. I'd love to see that as the May special. What are the chances, do y'all think?

Light Ball doubles both Atk and SpA only in HG/SS, neither of which I have. Regarding Oscar and Andi, I can't see COTD appearing again, but a tag battle against others is not out of the question.

A Sceptile and Blaziken tag battle, that would be just one battle that i would have to watch, thats if it exisited in the anime. lol. but if that happened will we count that as a hint or just another cute moment between friends?

The significance of tag battles depend upon context, although we could always use more cute moments.

Last edited:

swampert55

This thread has been fairly inactive for the past few days. (Advanceshippers: I know you're still there. Don't be too hesitant to post - someone will reply.) Since we were on the subject of Advanceshipping history, I might as well go with a related topic.

How has your opinion of Advanceshipping changed from your initial reaction to it over the time you've been an Advanceshipper? Has May's current absence from the show diminished your enthusiasm for Advanceshipping or only strengthened your resolve?

I suppose that my initial reaction to Advanceshipping, considering that it was to the events of AG072/73/74, was somewhat hasty and misjudged. Since I was unfamiliar to the AG, I assumed that nearly every episode would have similar shippy moments. Unfortunately, that assumption was not correct. Having gone back and watched all Advanceshipping hints, though, there really is no new material to really motivate me in the current state of the anime. The occasional fanart or fanfic is sufficient.

As for the second question, I think May's absence from the group throughout most of DP and, as it appears, BW, has really been a Double-Edge. Of course none of us wanted to see May leave, and we in this thread have lost quite a bit of our energy since her departure. On the other hand, we have considerable hope to rally around, supported by May's Wallace Cup cameo. Personally, I think that I've become very stubborn about my support, having been averse to watching most of DP and now BW. Perhaps now I have motivation to write more.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
How has your opinion of Advanceshipping changed from your initial reaction to it over the time you've been an Advanceshipper? Has May's current absence from the show diminished your enthusiasm for Advanceshipping or only strengthened your resolve?

Hm, nice topic swampert. My opinion on advanceshipping has changed over the years little by little. i started to be obessed then i calmed down and just gave up, then i went back but not obessed over it anymore. lol.

I think May's absent from the show has affect us all in a way. most have already stopped shipping Ash and May together when we found out May didn't made a camo in Pallet. but when i saw May's Teddiursa doll in the first BW episode i suddenly gained hope that May will make a camo in the near future. now if Ash shows the ribbon in BW someday, then a lot of advancershippers who had given up will come back.

Now has that made my belief in the ship stronger or weaker? Stronger since i saw that doll in Ash's room in BW ep1. when i lose hope i watch the Wallace cup arc where May was. when advancershippers tell me that May won't come back ever i tell them this.

The Wallace Cup is one of the most remembered and one of the main events from DP. it was where Ash saw Aself who plays a big part in the Team Galatic arc. the Wallace Cup was mentioned by many chararthers such as Paul, Ursula, Kenny, Zoey and Brock. May's name was mention by Brock when May told them the story when she was at Snowpoint when Ash and co reached Snowpoint and was reserching about Uxie. Now if people saw all of that except the Wallace Cup they would watch it becoz they want to know who this May person is. they just can't talk about the Wallace cup and act like May never came in. Now if the writers are just going to dump all of that then it shows they haven't learned anything from what they did to poor Tracey. So by having all of this backing me up i won't lose my faith in advanceshipping.

Last edited:

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

Like everything in life, my interest in Advanceshipping has changed over time. One moment I'm like "AS must be canon," and the next I'm like "AS? Sure..."
There is one quote that pretty much describes my feelings for AS: Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire.

And to those wondering who misterkennedy is, he's a diehard hardcore fan who turned on us back in ADVinc when we refused to sign his online petition. He was then banned. I was wondering when this guy would show up... And he finally learned how to spell my name...

Luxas

Light Ball doubles both Atk and SpA only in HG/SS, neither of which I have.

I'm still like 9001% sure it works in all of generation four, but it's still fairly irrelevant because Pikachu's at best a UU Pokemon anyways.

And the subject in general is irrelevant because this is the Advanceshipping thread. :p

Hah, I'm still a pretty new Advanceshipper, and I've never even seen the Wallace Cup episodes. Regardless, I'm still going strong, though I can see the merits of other ships too.

Hot Limit

Oh, hehe. your name kinda doesn't give a hint on what gender you are. lol. sorry. ^^;
It's quite alright. Very understandable! ^_____^

During my time as an advanceshipper, I really wasn't that enthusiasm (until I started reading the fanfiction and rewatching the Advance Generation-and that was just last year, and it's still going strong). Actually, I've been rewatching the advance generation all weekend, and that has only strenghtened my resolve. ^____^ It's given so much hope and so many ideas for them, and it makes me want to write about them even more! xD Maybe it's just my biased or whatever, but I think I turn small things into really big things. xD (that's all I've been thinking about when I've been watching the series). xD I'm planning to watch the Wallace Cup arc as well just to get myself more motivated! xD

swampert55

Hm, nice topic swampert. My opinion on advanceshipping has changed over the years little by little. i started to be obessed then i calmed down and just gave up, then i went back but not obessed over it anymore. lol.

I think May's absent from the show has affect us all in a way. most have already stopped shipping Ash and May together when we found out May didn't made a camo in Pallet. but when i saw May's Teddiursa doll in the first BW episode i suddenly gained hope that May will make a camo in the near future. now if Ash shows the ribbon in BW someday, then a lot of advancershippers who had given up will come back.

Now has that made my belief in the ship stronger or weaker? Stronger since i saw that doll in Ash's room in BW ep1. when i lose hope i watch the Wallace cup arc where May was. when advancershippers tell me that May won't come back ever i tell them this.

Obsession... I don't know if it's good or bad with respect to shipping...

The Teddiursa figurine, in my opinion, is indicative of the fact that May will make a return, if only briefly. Whether that's in 5 episodes or 150 episodes, only time will tell, but I agree that that is reason enough to retain hope. The event that is more likely to happen soon is Ash taking out his half of ribbon, which would imply that May still does the same, wherever she is. (I'm fairly certain that that was explicitly stated in DP079.) I'm also happy to see that your belief in Advanceshipping is resolute.

And Advanceshippers told you that May isn't coming back? They aren't very dedicated Advanceshippers, are they?

Like everything in life, my interest in Advanceshipping has changed over time. One moment I'm like "AS must be canon," and the next I'm like "AS? Sure..."
There is one quote that pretty much describes my feelings for AS: Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire.

Inconsistency? Ah, well. At least you haven't completely abandoned Advanceshipping yet. Also, I think I've seen that quote in someone's signature.

Hah, I'm still a pretty new Advanceshipper, and I've never even seen the Wallace Cup episodes. Regardless, I'm still going strong, though I can see the merits of other ships too.

Can you keep your enthusiasm? There are a lot of pitfalls for newer shippers at this time, when we're suffering through a downturn. If you can see merits to other ships, though, you'll do well in the community. I think that Advanceshippers are generally regarded as fairly respectful shippers by others. A lot of the more experienced members, though, tend to be wary of newbies because they could be spammers or the like. (This obviously doesn't apply to you.) I hope you keep your momentum strong; it might motivate the rest of us.

If you start losing hope, go watch Wallace Cup; perhaps better, go read fanfiction or watch Advanceshipping videos.

Edit: Hot Limit, stop beating me to posts <1 minute early!

During my time as an advanceshipper, I really wasn't that enthusiasm (until I started reading the fanfiction and rewatching the Advance Generation-and that was just last year, and it's still going strong). Actually, I've been rewatching the advance generation all weekend, and that has only strenghtened my resolve. ^____^ It's given so much hope and so many ideas for them, and it makes me want to write about them even more! xD Maybe it's just my biased or whatever, but I think I turn small things into really big things. xD (that's all I've been thinking about when I've been watching the series). xD I'm planning to watch the Wallace Cup arc as well just to get myself more motivated! xD

The part about turning small things into big things, in my opinion, is true for all shippers. I mean, we turn "Yay, friendship!" into "[character] must be in love with [other character]!" but who cares? Of course, we're all biased as well.

Clearly, you have a lot of inspiration for fanfiction. If you're not like me, you have sufficient resolve to write upon more than a few of those inspirations. I hope that you're not like me, as I'd like to read more of your excellent work.

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
How has your opinion of Advanceshipping changed from your initial reaction to it over the time you've been an Advanceshipper?
Well considering the fact that when I became an Advanceshipper the Advanceshipping vs Pokeshipping wars were still going on it's safe to say my views concerning the pairing have changed. Plus my stance on shipping in general is pretty different. I still love the pairing but in a better way.

Has May's current absence from the show diminished your enthusiasm for Advanceshipping or only strengthened your resolve?
Strengthened. Her absence has helped fanfiction a lot. Even though I haven't read much post Battle Frontier Advanceshipping fanfiction (and those I have read are incomplete) the idea of one character missing the other is interesting and of course being reunited is always adorable in this situation.

Last edited:

Hot Limit

Edit: Hot Limit, stop beating me to posts <1 minute early!

The part about turning small things into big things, in my opinion, is true for all shippers. I mean, we turn "Yay, friendship!" into "[character] must be in love with [other character]!" but who cares? Of course, we're all biased as well.

Clearly, you have a lot of inspiration for fanfiction. If you're not like me, you have sufficient resolve to write upon more than a few of those inspirations. I hope that you're not like me, as I'd like to read more of your excellent work.
Haha, sorry! :p

I guess you're right about that! All shippers do that! xD Aww, man. In all honesty, I'm on a writer's high right now for writing them together (watching AMV's and the series does that to you. o_O)! xD But I hope you write more advanceshipping stories too! You're really good! ^___^

Has May's current absence from the show diminished your enthusiasm for Advanceshipping or only strengthened your resolve?
Strengthened. Her absence has helped fanfiction a lot. Even though I haven't read much post Battle Frontier Advanceshipping fanfiction (and those I have read are incomplete) the idea of one character missing the other is interesting and of course being reunited is always adorable in this situation.

Yes, I'm glad it's strengthened your resolve. xD Yes, fanfiction does help a lot (and also videos-I've been watching a lot of advanceshipping AMV's)!

swampert55

Well considering the fact that when I became an Advanceshipper the Advanceshipping vs Pokeshipping wars were still going on it's safe to say my views concerning the pairing have changed. Plus my stance on shipping in general is pretty different. I still love the pairing but in a better way.

Yeah, I think you're the most senior active member here in terms of the time you've been an Advanceshipper. You've lived Advanceshipping history. It's great that you're still here and active! If only Hunter would come back...

Quality over quantity, right?

You made that fanart of Ash and May calling each other a short time ago. Lord Zant also proposed a fanfiction idea of Ash and May leaving messages for each other. I think I'll be writing that this week; it's a oneshot so you won't have to worry about unfinished work.

Haha, sorry! :p

I guess you're right about that! All shippers do that! xD Aww, man. In all honesty, I'm on a writer's high right now for writing them together (watching AMV's and the series does that to you. o_O)! xD But I hope you write more advanceshipping stories too! You're really good! ^___^

I agree that rewatching episodes and to a lesser extent watching AMVs are great motivation. Also, as I've just said, I intend to write a oneshot concerning phone calls. I also intended to start it yesterday, which I failed to do. Fortunately, I'll have much more time to write this week than last week, so I could in theory get something done. And please don't compliment me yet. You have only one work to judge me on, and that's not a large enough sample size to allow for an accurate conclusion.

Hot Limit

I agree that rewatching episodes and to a lesser extent watching AMVs are great motivation. Also, as I've just said, I intend to write a oneshot concerning phone calls. I also intended to start it yesterday, which I failed to do. Fortunately, I'll have much more time to write this week than last week, so I could in theory get something done. And please don't compliment me yet. You have only one work to judge me on, and that's not a large enough sample size to allow for an accurate conclusion.

Really? That seems really interesting, and I'd enjoy reading it! It's really hard to get time to write, so that's understandable. Yes, I'll have more time this week than last week (I didn't have time to write anything last week with exams), but this week is a slow week, so hopefully I'll have time to read and write! Alright. Then I hope to see more writing from you then! xD

Also, I've heard a lot about this one scene in the 1st BW episode about the Teddiursa doll from you guys here, but I don't recall seeing that! Dx Man, I'm not observant at all! Dx

swampert55

Really? That seems really interesting, and I'd enjoy reading it! It's really hard to get time to write, so that's understandable. Yes, I'll have more time this week than last week (I didn't have time to write anything last week with exams), but this week is a slow week, so hopefully I'll have time to read and write! Alright. Then I hope to see more writing from you then! xD

Also, I've heard a lot about this one scene in the 1st BW episode about the Teddiursa doll from you guys here, but I don't recall seeing that! Dx Man, I'm not observant at all! Dx

I might translate more if I have time to do that as well. Oh, and about the Teddiursa figurine and how we've been talking it up so much, you are not necessarily unobservant because its appearance is so minimal. Prepare to be severely disappointed:

[IMG139]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa96/swampert55/teddiursa.png[/IMG139]

Obviously not a real Advanceshipping hint, but an indication that May will see Ash again, and that's good news. I hope to someday see a similar gift from Ash to May in May's room. (No, I will not write a oneshot for that!)

Hot Limit

I might translate more if I have time to do that as well. Oh, and about the Teddiursa figurine and how we've been talking it up so much, you are not necessarily unobservant because its appearance is so minimal. Prepare to be severely disappointed:

[IMG139]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa96/swampert55/teddiursa.png[/IMG139]

Obviously not a real Advanceshipping hint, but an indication that May will see Ash again, and that's good news. I hope to someday see a similar gift from Ash to May in May's room. (No, I will not write a oneshot for that!)

That's awesome! xD

It is minimal, but as most people, it makes me really happy to see it there! xD Well we can discuss it then! If Ash were to give her a gift, what do you think it would be?

Last edited:

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

That is a very clear screenshot of BW ep1. thats a good shot. i finally can tell the other shippers that doll WAS a Teddiursa doll and FROM May. lol.

Obsession... I don't know if it's good or bad with respect to shipping...

The Teddiursa figurine, in my opinion, is indicative of the fact that May will make a return, if only briefly. Whether that's in 5 episodes or 150 episodes, only time will tell, but I agree that that is reason enough to retain hope. The event that is more likely to happen soon is Ash taking out his half of ribbon, which would imply that May still does the same, wherever she is. (I'm fairly certain that that was explicitly stated in DP079.) I'm also happy to see that your belief in Advanceshipping is resolute.

And Advanceshippers told you that May isn't coming back? They aren't very dedicated Advanceshippers, are they?

Yes, and another one told me that in a recent CoroCoro scan revealed that May has won the Johto Grand Festival. Lol, some of the imagination of a few advanceshipppers can be funny at times.

swampert55

That's awesome! xD

It is minimal, but as most people, it makes me really happy to see it there! xD Well we can discuss it then! If Ash were to give her a gift, what do you think it would be?

If Ash were to give her a gift, what do you think it would be?

A kiss, obviously. What kind of Advanceshipper do you think I am?

I don't know very much about what items are available in Unova or what specialties can be found there, so I'm not going to propose something Ash obtained there. As far as I know, Ash has always been around whenever May does her expedition routine, so I suggest a camera. I can't come up with anything more romantic at the moment, but at least May would be able to carry around a camera and use it as opposed to leaving it in her room. Each time she uses it she'll think of Ash...

Yes, and another one told me that in a recent CoroCoro scan revealed that May has won the Johto Grand Festival. Lol, some of the imagination of a few advanceshipppers can be funny at times.

Yeah, I've been reading Bulbagarden, although I haven't posted. Not pleasant conversation in their Advanceshipping thread in the past few days.

Hot Limit

Oh wow, really? xD I want to see where it shows May won the Grand Festival! xD

If Ash were to give her a gift, what do you think it would be?

A kiss, obviously. What kind of Advanceshipper do you think I am?

I don't know very much about what items are available in Unova or what specialties can be found there, so I'm not going to propose something Ash obtained there. As far as I know, Ash has always been around whenever May does her expedition routine, so I suggest a camera. I can't come up with anything more romantic at the moment, but at least May would be able to carry around a camera and use it as opposed to leaving it in her room. Each time she uses it she'll think of Ash...

Both of them kissing would be amazing! Oh, how I would love to see that someday!

That camera gift just gave me an idea! :D xD And surprisingly I had just been watching the episode "Lights, Camerupt, Action!" because now I can kind of mix them together! xD

That would be a great gift that he could give her! xD

Last edited:

swampert55

Oh wow, really? xD I want to see where it shows that May won the Grand Festival! xD

The verifiability of that statement is dubious, especially since the speaker refused to reveal said "scan," and in my opinion it isn't true. No other sources confirm that May won the Grand Festival, so it should be concluded that she didn't. Even if she did, it wouldn't have much impact on Ash and May's relationship.

A kiss would be awesome! Oh, how I'd lvoe to see that someday!

That camera gift just gave me an idea! :D xD And surprisingly I had just been watching the episode "Lights, Camerupt, Action!" because now I can kind of mix them together! xD

That would be a great gift that he could give her! xD I

Didn't finish your sentence before posting, I assume? Anyway, I don't recall that to be a particularly shippy episode, but it was good nonetheless. Sometimes I watch old episodes just to see Ash and May's interactions, though, so I can try to keep them in character when writing. We need to stop having so many fanfiction ideas - I did start my oneshot but I made little progress and having so many ideas but insufficient time to apply them is frustrating me.

Hot Limit

The verifiability of that statement is dubious, especially since the speaker refused to reveal said "scan," and in my opinion it isn't true. No other sources confirm that May won the Grand Festival, so it should be concluded that she didn't. Even if she did, it wouldn't have much impact on Ash and May's relationship.

Didn't finish your sentence before posting, I assume? Anyway, I don't recall that to be a particularly shippy episode, but it was good nonetheless. Sometimes I watch old episodes just to see Ash and May's interactions, though, so I can try to keep them in character when writing. We need to stop having so many fanfiction ideas - I did start my oneshot but I made little progress and having so many ideas but insufficient time to apply them is frustrating me.

Oh, I see. True, it's just interesting to hear.

It was a typo, sorry. :/ No, there wasn't any shippy moments or anything, but an idea just came to mind when I watched it, and since you were talking about camera's, I just thought it was a coincidence. Well, that's what happens when we discuss advanceshipping like this. Ideas just pop out apparently! That has to be the worst part about that (except when you can't think of anything else-I come to that problem in the middle of a one-shot and they just sit there for weeks).

Well, since I'm new here, I don't know anyones favorite advanceshipping moment (it's probably a common topic, but I'd love to here your responses)! So, what is your favorite advanceshipping moment?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.