• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Limit

Describe Advanceshipping using one sentence.

That's really tough since it's hard to describe it in one sentence. Honestly, the only one I would be able to think of is Lord Zant's dictionary style sentence, heh.

I added her too. She's really nice and always grammatically correct, so I believe it's PikamasterADV.

Define AdvanceShipping in one sentence?

Dictionary Style: The belief that Ash and May are (or should be in) a romantic relationship.

Anime Writers Style: Ash and May are both still ten and they're very good friends... wink.

Nappa style: Vegeta, their combined love power level... it's over 9000!!! :p

I love Nappa style, haha, made me laugh so much right now! xD

HEy everyone I'm back. Well, two weeks ago it was revealed that Dawn went to Hoenn. I would like to ask how many people anticipate May showing up sometime in the future? I am not sure if this info has gotten oversees but in a CoroCoro scan in May, 2010, it was revealed that May had won the Johto Grand Festival so she is assumed to be at home now with free time on her hands. If May met Dawn would they have a rematch? MORE IMPORTANTLY would that trigger May's curiosity about Ash and what he's doing? Dawn traveled to Hoenn to challenge contests but May has time. She should go to Isshu!! What do you think?

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
HEy everyone I'm back. Well, two weeks ago it was revealed that Dawn went to Hoenn. I would like to ask how many people anticipate May showing up sometime in the future? I am not sure if this info has gotten oversees but in a CoroCoro scan in May, 2010, it was revealed that May had won the Johto Grand Festival so she is assumed to be at home now with free time on her hands. If May met Dawn would they have a rematch? MORE IMPORTANTLY would that trigger May's curiosity about Ash and what he's doing? Dawn traveled to Hoenn to challenge contests but May has time. She should go to Isshu!! What do you think?

Wait, so that wasn't a rumor? o.o Can you show us the scans?

Wait, so that wasn't a rumor? o.o Can you show us the scans?

NO, it wasn't since CoroCoro is always dead on accurate but unfortunately I don't have a copy of one on hand. A student of mine showed me last June. It's been too long since. The one thing that gets me about that is why it wasn't acknowleged in the anime. All we know now is that Dawn is in Hoenn. We can only inagine an RS remake now. There could also be a surprise that they are keeping. You never know in Pokemon.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
NO, it wasn't since CoroCoro is always dead on accurate but unfortunately I don't have a copy of one on hand. A student of mine showed me last June. It's been too long since. The one thing that gets me about that is why it wasn't acknowleged in the anime. All we know now is that Dawn is in Hoenn. We can only inagine an RS remake now. There could also be a surprise that they are keeping. You never know in Pokemon.

=/

Not much people are going to believe that unless someone shows us a scan. its not that don't believe you. its just some are harder to convince than others.

But like some have said, the best chance to May to show up in the near future is the R/S/E remakes. but like you said, its pokemon so you never know who is going to pop up. i mean it took at least 60+ episodes before May made a camo in DP. lets just wait. =)

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
Not much people are going to believe that unless someone shows us a scan. its not that don't believe you. its just some are harder to convince than others.

I agree. The only place I could find any evidence was a Pokemon Wiki. And I did a pretty thorough search, spanning even some Spanish fansites.

But like some have said, the best chance to May to show up in the near future is the R/S/E remakes. but like you said, its pokemon so you never know who is going to pop up. i mean it took at least 60+ episodes before May made a camo in DP. lets just wait. =)

I'm waiting for a shippy May cameo. And a R/S/E remake. I just hope they don't go Kotone/Lyra on May and replace her.

I love Nappa style, haha, made me laugh so much right now! xD

Yeah, I commented just after watching that episode of DBZ:Kai.

Here's an interesting topic: If May does win a Grand Festival, what does she do next? Does she go all Johanna and settle down with Ash and have a child? I mean, her dream's been fulfilled if she's already won the Grand Festival.

=/

In that you are right. I totally regret not picking up a copy but it's kinda embarassing for a guy my age to be fishing for stuff like that. The student who had it has already since changed schools so I do not believe I will ever see that again. Until it gets any mention in the Anime, I believe viewers will not acknowlege it.

Hot Limit

Yeah, I commented just after watching that episode of DBZ:Kai.

Here's an interesting topic: If May does win a Grand Festival, what does she do next? Does she go all Johanna and settle down with Ash and have a child? I mean, her dream's been fulfilled if she's already won the Grand Festival.
Haha, awesome. xD

As for the topic: I believe it would depend on her age. If she's a bit older (meaning way older), maybe. I could still see her wanting to travel after she wins one hopefully with Ash, but yeah.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
I'm sure we would have heard something about May winning a Grand Festival at least in passing by now. After all, Best Wishes will begin airing in the US shortly, so if this was announced in CoroCoro last May we should have caught up a long time ago.

swampert55

I am not sure if this info has gotten oversees but in a CoroCoro scan in May, 2010, it was revealed that May had won the Johto Grand Festival so she is assumed to be at home now with free time on her hands.
In that you are right. I totally regret not picking up a copy but it's kinda embarassing for a guy my age to be fishing for stuff like that. The student who had it has already since changed schools so I do not believe I will ever see that again. Until it gets any mention in the Anime, I believe viewers will not acknowlege it.

You specified that you first saw it as a scan, which implies that there is a digital copy on the Internet somewhere. Finding it should not be as difficult or embarrassing as trying to obtain a paper copy.

I agree. The only place I could find any evidence was a Pokemon Wiki. And I did a pretty thorough search, spanning even some Spanish fansites.

The one other time I have seen this is on Bulbagarden in their AS thread, where a user linked to a wiki. However, I would hardly think that an obscure wiki would be a reliable source, especially if it is not reinforced by anything else. I also could not find any mention of such information on Chinese websites. Considering that they post some news more quickly than English sites, I think that said CoroCoro is inconclusive.

I'm waiting for a shippy May cameo. And a R/S/E remake. I just hope they don't go Kotone/Lyra on May and replace her.

May's "replacement" is not an issue we have to worry about. You are not the only one to have brought up Kotone as an example. However, whom exactly did Kotone "replace" in HGSS? HGSS are remakes of G/S, not Crystal. Neither Gold nor Silver allowed for female player characters, so Kotone is only an addition, not a replacement for anyone. By contrast, May has appeared in all R/S/E games and has a much greater role in the anime. If they had to replace R/S player character it would be Brendan, not May. No, don't replace Brendan! He's awesome!

The key here is with Ash. I don't see Ash being inclined to settle down in the foreseeable future. After all, it's still unclear how one becomes a Pokémon Master, and Ash won't settle down until he has become one. If that occurs, then it's perfectly viable. I also remembered that May always wanted a trip around the world. Save that for Ash and May's honeymoon.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
The key here is with Ash. I don't see Ash being inclined to settle down in the foreseeable future. After all, it's still unclear how one becomes a Pokémon Master, and Ash won't settle down until he has become one. If that occurs, then it's perfectly viable. I also remembered that May always wanted a trip around the world. Save that for Ash and May's honeymoon.
Not to mention that I don't think May would just suddenly stop traveling and entering contests after she wins a Grand Festival; Pokemon are her life just like Ash, and I think it would only fuel her desire to continue entering Grand Festivals and break world records. Look at Soledad for an example that winning a Grand Festival isn't "The End."

Ash definitely won't be looking to settle down anytime soon, so May will have to be patient for that. Ooh, what if she wins a Grand Festival and rejoins Ash in his journey as a fellow friend and bringing some coaching advice from her experience of winning a huge event like that?

advance4ev

~Pure Awesomeness~
Ok first off.... OMG itz gazmof!! I thought you were dead for some reason(then again ive been gone for like 3 months lolz.
Anyhow reguarding the whole Dawn going to Hoenn and May with winning the Grand Festival, I reaaaaalllllyyy wish you had proof although i really want to believe your right.
This is because since Dawn's gonna be at Hoenn and May's most likely to return home, they could travel together. Then since Dawn will most likely visit Ash in Isshu(I cant spell haha) and she'll be with May, they can go together which equals ADVANCESHIPPYNESS!!
Gah curse my rambling

Anyhow new topic anyone?:
If May were to have won the Grand Festival, what Advanceshippingness could that bring?
Of course she'd have to let Ash know she won.... So maybe a phone call at the least. Or maybe he watches her on tv and sees she won...

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh

I didn't mean to imply that she'd settle down soon, I guess I was just wondering if she'd change her dream in any way or go for its fulfillment several more times. I guess I can see her just taking some time to travel - AG001 establishes she was originally in the journey for the journey itself after all.

And I'd support a honeymoon. ;D

However, whom exactly did Kotone "replace" in HGSS? HGSS are remakes of G/S, not Crystal.

That's a little questionable - HGSS emphasize Suicune over Raikou and Entei like Crystal did. I'd agree that it's far more likely that Brendan gets replaced if anyone does. (This would also make me sad. I love me some franticshipping almost as much as Advanceshipping.)

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Nothing to worry about. Ruby and Sapphire were the first games where the other playable character was involved in the story. This means if remakes are made that other than clothes only hair styles are likely to change (and I'd quite like to see a new hair style for May).

Lyra was probably the most drastic redesign among the playable characters but if you look at FRLG Red and HGSS Ethan you'll see that they have several physical differences to RGBY Red and GSC Gold including Red having brown hair instead of black.

Finally Marina never met Ash so introducing Lyra as a new character made sense. If you look though Ethan was a new character too rather than Jimmy in new clothes. Gary on the other hand got a new hair style to match his new FRLG outfit.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Like Gaiash there is a really small chance they will replace May like Lyra did. i mean she travelled with Ash and has more episodes that Dawn by at least six, not sure if that includs her cameo in DP.

May's DP was really an important event because around the Wallace Cup arc that was where Ash saw Azelf, Dawn got the Aqua ribbon and also where May talks about the rumor of Uxie when she was in Snowpoint.

Also when Ash and co reach Snowpoint and research about Uxie, May's name gets mentioned. also the Wallace Cup gets mentioned by other chararthers like Zoey, Paul, Kenny, Ursula and many more. And the Teddiursa doll shown in BW. it shows that May is somehow remembered in BW and not competely dumped.

So it would be competely dumb of the writers to replace a chararther would has made a big impact in the whole DP storyline. you can say it was just a huge waste of time making her visit in DP IF the writers decide to follow this path. just saying.

swampert55

Ok first off.... OMG itz gazmof!! I thought you were dead for some reason(then again ive been gone for like 3 months lolz.
Anyhow reguarding the whole Dawn going to Hoenn and May with winning the Grand Festival, I reaaaaalllllyyy wish you had proof although i really want to believe your right.
This is because since Dawn's gonna be at Hoenn and May's most likely to return home, they could travel together. Then since Dawn will most likely visit Ash in Isshu(I cant spell haha) and she'll be with May, they can go together which equals ADVANCESHIPPYNESS!!
Gah curse my rambling

I don't think I know you, advance4ev, but welcome...back, I assume? So:

If May were to have won the Grand Festival, what Advanceshippingness could that bring?

I wrote about this topic in the opening of my previous oneshot...

A powerful yellow beam of energy shot directly at the tall, red dual Fire/Fighting-type Pokémon standing near the edge of the stage. Blaziken leaped up to avoid the Hyper Beam, somersaulting gracefully in mid-air and launching a spiral of brilliant orange fire at its opponent.

“Great job, May! Nice combination with Fire Spin!” The cheering trainer dressed in travelling clothes almost leapt up from his seat as he intently watched the final Grand Festival battle. On the bed next to the trainer’s chair, a small yellow Electric Pokémon rolled over, bored.

Pikachu couldn’t help but wonder why his trainer was cheering. This was the fourth time he had watched the recording of the battle, and he was already sure of the outcome.
That's a little questionable - HGSS emphasize Suicune over Raikou and Entei like Crystal did. I'd agree that it's far more likely that Brendan gets replaced if anyone does. (This would also make me sad. I love me some franticshipping almost as much as Advanceshipping.)
Brendan with Franticshipping? You're in the wrong universe...;201-?;
And the Teddiursa doll shown in BW. it shows that May is somehow remembered in BW and not competely dumped.

So it would be competely dumb of the writers to replace a chararther would has made a big impact in the whole DP storyline. you can say it was just a huge waste of time making her visit in DP IF the writers decide to follow this path. just saying.

Essentially, all of us are pinning our hopes completely on RS remake and consequent May reappearance, but I suppose we have no other recourse at the moment. I don't know how that will turn out, but if events favour us then we'll have more meaningful things to discuss than speculation. In the meantime, we need original topics.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Essentially, all of us are pinning our hopes completely on RS remake and consequent May reappearance, but I suppose we have no other recourse at the moment. I don't know how that will turn out, but if events favour us then we'll have more meaningful things to discuss than speculation. In the meantime, we need original topics.

Well most advanceshippers are pinning their hopes on the RS remakes, since no one other than Professor Oak and Delia made a cameo in Pallet. can you blame some advanceshippers if their pinning their hope to see May again on the RS remakes only? I'm not, im just saying that some advanceshippers are doing this right now.

And some fanart of mine. =)

[imgSIZE=700]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/battlefreak602/AdvKiss.jpg[/IMGsize]

Artist: Me (Slivermoon602)

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Hi guys!
I'm new here, but I love advanceshipping! I am currently working on an advanceshippy fanfic as well. But anyways, thought I'd just introduce myself.

swampert55

Just a reminder: if you have a oneshot you would like to submit, you can do so within the next week. I think I have to write the other 80% of mine...

Well most advanceshippers are pinning their hopes on the RS remakes, since no one other than Professor Oak and Delia made a cameo in Pallet. can you blame some advanceshippers if their pinning their hope to see May again on the RS remakes only? I'm not, im just saying that some advanceshippers are doing this right now.

And some fanart of mine. =)

[imgSIZE=350]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/battlefreak602/AdvKiss.jpg[/IMGsize]

Artist: Me (Slivermoon602)

I'm not blaming anyone; I have all my hopes on RS remake as well. It's only that I don't know what to make of the situation.

Nice fanart, midnightjewelz, you're improving every time.

Hi guys!
I'm new here, but I love advanceshipping! I am currently working on an advanceshippy fanfic as well. But anyways, thought I'd just introduce myself.

Don't we all... Welcome to the thread, Wuster!

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
I think I have to write the other 80% of mine...

^This is me. Why is it that my homework load only gets bad when I start a writing project? All I've got is a prewrite and an intro paragraph. I don't plan to give up though!

Good-looking fanart Midnight. I'm gonna have to look through your DeviantArt, as long as there's not too much Ikarishipping stuff. :p

I'm not blaming anyone; I have all my hopes on RS remake as well. It's only that I don't know what to make of the situation.

Not to mention I'd really enjoy playing through a RSE remake

I think everyone in this thread is holding their breath for it. Yepppppp. Tense stuff. Maybe there'll be a Hoenn battle frontier season with May and Iris and Max and Cilan all together. This would make my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.