• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Great drawing, Gaiash. I think you get better every time. May seems to be missing her fannypack though.
That's intentional. Since Ash isn't wearing his bag it makes sense for May not to be wearing hers either.

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
In the Advance Generation both trainers (and especially May) gained much from their friendship. Therefore they never may have wanted to put this at risk in a try to get their relation to another, less comfortable level (of passionate love). Do you think the time Ash and May have spend apart may affect this position? In other words, do you think the independent development of both characters may change the way they see eachother and thus the way they interact?

I think its highly probable, though since Ash has gone through 11 years of journeying without aging apparently, this mixes things up a bit.

ASSUMING that he and May are both indeed aging, then yes, I think their experiences could do a couple things to their relationship:

-1) Draw them closer. Ash loves pokemon more than anything else, and combined with May's ever-growing love for her pokemon and contests, the two could always have something to talk about or do. A friendly rivalry, much more friendly than any Ash has had before.
-2) Push them apart. Separate journeys and experiences could put them on completely different playing fields; after all, Drew has had much more contact with Ash has had. Could her experiences with him affect their relationship to a degree that they're no longer friends? No, I don't think so...but it could hamper things for them.
-3) Make things awkward. Think about it. Older guy, older girl, once travelling buddies...

The other option of course is that they continue making Ash 10 yrs old, in which case his and May's relationship will never take off, and Ash will forever remain single.

While on Fics, I remember staying up all night to read PikamasterADV's May Crush.
Another was CyberCubed's Two of a kind.

Two of a Kind....I don't remember that one, though I probably read it. and Yeah, May's Crush is probably one of the ultimate classics of Advanceshipping...too bad Pikamaster had to quit.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Dryuu always had fantastic creativity and astounding drive, but I don't know if he was a native English speaker or not. I only reviewed a little - he wrote them too fast for me to review. But he certainly is a classic.

His Filipino, from the Phlilppines. I spoke to him in Filipino but i got the same result of abuse. And lets not involve Nina Lumos as well. Another good writer but she deleted her stories as well. So many AS writers are fading away these days.

I've basically stopped reading his stories cause half the time they're taken down before I have much of a chance to get into them.

You're friends with LuciferIX, have you read his most recent stuff? Its real good.

Yeah, his been my good friend since i started so that would be at least three years now. He hasn't been online for a few months now though. hope he comes back. He gives such good reviews and write one of the most best oneshots for AS.

While on Fics, I remember staying up all night to read PikamasterADV's May Crush.
Another was CyberCubed's Two of a kind.

I did the same thing. I think once somebody said they stayed up late reading my fic Mysterious Stranger. It's 27 chapters long so i never thought people would stay up all night reading something like that. most of the classic AS fics are normally found here like May's Crush.

(And my fanfic list will be up next month. I just finished exams, GAT, and handing in my art subject folios. Sorry for the wait. ^^;)

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Ahh Mysterious Stranger :)
Ï read and finished that a few weeks ago. I really liked it xD
I am reading the Sequel in FanFiction.

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
^ Power Shot was a fantastic AdvanceShipping writer. I always admired his long chapters and great action scenes. I never really got into his Pokemon + Power Ranger sort of fic though.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Do you think Contestshipping actually helped Advanceshipping to grow?

No. I think it help killed it. Because the shippy hints for Contestshipping became higher as the show progressed. Expecially in BF. And speaking of BF, I didn't see no sign of Advancedshipping anywhere. But I'm thinking that if May were to make an appearance in Unova(just speculating) that maybe Negaishipping might be the one to make Advancedshipping grow from what it was. Because Iris likes to pick on Ash while May is just plain nice and gets straight to the point. I'm not bashing Negaishipping or anything but I think that there is a certain ship that makes one particular ship rise. Like with Pearlshipping helped Penguinshipping or with Melodyshipping with Pokeshipping.(forgot the name)

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Ahh Mysterious Stranger :)
Ï read and finished that a few weeks ago. I really liked it xD
I am reading the Sequel in FanFiction.

Yay! i'm glad you like both Mysterious Stranger and it's sequel, A Stranger's Mystery. It makes me want to write chapter twelve right now. haha. I'm happy to hear that. I was afraid that the sequel won't live up as high as Mysterious Stranger since everyone that contacts me says how much they love the orginal.

I mean was it that good? (I doubt myself a lot.) I miss the constructive reviews i use to get.

I actually remember Power Shot's After Hoenn fic the most of any Advanceshipping multi-chapter fic I've read. It had a good balance of action and fluff.

Power Shot's. love his stories. I read them when i have a writers block.

^ Power Shot was a fantastic AdvanceShipping writer. I always admired his long chapters and great action scenes. I never really got into his Pokemon + Power Ranger sort of fic though.

I have to agree with that. Most adventure fics have that sort of Power Ranger feel. well to me anyway. and most adventure fics are either the writer's version of a certain arc. (Eg The Advance Generation arc.) and are normally not that well written and half are High school fanfictions. Its not that i have anything against them its just they are so predictable that it's not funny. Its hard to find a good AS fic that has that good adventure quality without boring you from the start. Like the 1st chapter is good but then it starts to drag on and on that its just loses your interest. I have been reading a lot of stories that are doing this.

. But I'm thinking that if May were to make an appearance in Unova(just speculating) that maybe Negaishipping might be the one to make Advancedshipping grow from what it was. Because Iris likes to pick on Ash while May is just plain nice and gets straight to the point. I'm not bashing Negaishipping or anything but I think that there is a certain ship that makes one particular ship rise. Like with Pearlshipping helped Penguinshipping or with Melodyshipping with Pokeshipping.(forgot the name)

Well I have to disagree slightly because we don't know much about Iris or the fact if they will ever meet. I think Ash might mention May to him by showing her their ribbon like he did with Misty's lure in DP. But hey, that's just me. I'm weird.

Last edited:

Breeder Drew

I figure I should start posting here, since I signed up and all...

New topic: What is your favorite Advanceshipping Fanfiction and why?

For me, it has to be Cybercubed's Two of a Kind. That story amazed me with his writing ability, and it just sucked me in for days. I seriously went to bed thinking about that story every night, wondering what was happening next, and then I would get up in the middle of the night just to read the next chapter.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Yay! i'm glad you like both Mysterious Stranger and it's sequel, A Stranger's Mystery. It makes me want to write chapter twelve right now. haha. I'm happy to hear that. I was afraid that the sequel won't live up as high as Mysterious Stranger since everyone that contacts me says how much they love the orginal.

I mean was it that good? (I doubt myself a lot.) I miss the constructive reviews i use to get.

Power Shot's. love his stories. I read them when i have a writers block.

I have to agree with that. Most adventure fics have that sort of Power Ranger feel. well to me anyway. and most adventure fics are either the writer's version of a certain arc. (Eg The Advance Generation arc.) and are normally not that well written and half are High school fanfictions. Its not that i have anything against them its just they are so predictable that it's not funny. Its hard to find a good AS fic that has that good adventure quality without boring you from the start. Like the 1st chapter is good but then it starts to drag on and on that its just loses your interest. I have been reading a lot of stories that are doing this.

Well I have to disagree slightly because we don't know much about Iris or the fact if they will ever meet. I think Ash might mention May to him by showing her their ribbon like he did with Misty's lure in DP. But hey, that's just me. I'm weird.

I didn't say that they would meet but that if she was to go there that Negaishipping might become better, Just like if Misty was or Dawn then maybe Iris might either become jealous or maybe not get along with the other girl or so fourth.

Breeder Drew

Do you think Contestshipping actually helped Advanceshipping to grow?

Not really. In fact, if it did anything to Advanceshipping, it created a rival ship. However, if May were to return this season, if only for a couple episodes (not saying she will), I think Negaishipping or whatever it's called could help Advanceshipping a bit. As Caseydia said, Iris enjoys picking on Ash, while May is just plain nice.

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
May is just plain nice.

...until you mess with her food that is.

I figure I should start posting here, since I signed up and all...

New topic: What is your favorite Advanceshipping Fanfiction and why?

For me, it has to be Cybercubed's Two of a Kind. That story amazed me with his writing ability, and it just sucked me in for days. I seriously went to bed thinking about that story every night, wondering what was happening next, and then I would get up in the middle of the night just to read the next chapter.

I'd like to expand this question by adding:

What is your favorite Advanceshipping Fanfiction (multi-chapter and one-shot) and why?

Personally, I really liked Matkin22's "Final Challenge" and consider it my favorite. It's an incredibly well written-out storyline, and like "May's Crush", does include other ships like slight contestshipping and abilityshipping. It also used old pokemon episodes that really didn't matter at the time to create an incredible backstory, and managed to tie it into a present storyline. The best part though, by far, was the ending; I won't spoil it, but it made the story.

As for a one shot, there was one I really liked but for the life of me I can't remember the name. It was a while ago though, and was about May and Ash laying awkwardly side by side staring off into a Hoenn night sky. Real, touchy, and sweet.

Breeder Drew

What is your favorite Advanceshipping Fanfiction (multi-chapter and one-shot) and why?

Since I already posted my favorite multi-chapter, I'll post my favorite one-shot. I think it was called Custom Christmas by PikaMasterADV. It's a shame he never gets on anymore. He was a great writer. And he never finished May's Crush 2.

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
Don't think I've ever read that one...yeah, he stopped coming sometime in '07 or '08.

swampert55

Actually, After Hoenn didn't catch on for me either, unfortunately; I may have made it as far as chapter four.

I'm surprised, I'm the first person to say May's Crush for no other reason than it was that which got me into shipping and this forum more than four years ago. I didn't read that many multi-chapter after that. I've quite a bit of nostalgia for those days...

My favourite one-shot is Letters by S. Muffin. I believe that was published a few years ago as well. The accurate portrayal of character was excellent.

Hot Limit

Hmm, I haven't been very active. Either way, I'd like to finally get back to discussing Advanceshipping again now that I'm not too busy.

To be completely honest, I hardly read any Pokemon multi-chapter fics. The only one that I can recall is May's Crush that I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of. Also, one that's AU that's a very close second (because I'm a sucker for AU's), is Kamo! by Razgriz89.

As for one-shot's, I'd have to agree with Breeder Drew on Custom Christmas by PikaMasterADV.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
What is your favorite Advanceshipping Fanfiction (multi-chapter and one-shot) and why?[/B

After reading multi-chapter stories like : Two of a Kind by CyberCubed, May's Crush by PikamasterADV and Trials of the Elite Four and Trials 2 : War of Legends by Dryuu, it's really hard to choose. All of them are my favorites and these stories keep me attached to Advanceshipping. I read them when i get the chance. I enjoyed reading each of them and they are the best ones.

One-shot will have to be Behind a Mask by PikamasterADV.
It was really simple and cute.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I know Dryuu was trying to be original with creating personalities for Ash's Pokemon but i didn't like that :/ It became a bit too weird at the end of Trials2.

Power Rangers? Thats backdated. People who have powers and can transform/morph into superheroes, in this case Power Rangers. I think that.

Breeder Drew

I'm currently loving the amount of great fanfiction Advanceshipping has. There's one artist who's seriously good, but I can't recall his/her name.

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
Hi guys. 8D I'm not new to the forums but I've never set foot here in the Advanceshipping thread, despite being a big fan. ^^; I guess because there's so many other fans to support them that I don't really need to post.

Random thought, some people get the notion that Advanceshipping/SatoHaru is very popular in Japan. ...It's not true at all though. SatoHaru is probably just as popular as ShuuHaru and maybe even less because ShuuHaru is just as popular as Contestshipping here. Just because SatoHaru has several notably amazing artists (Suzu, Pd+, etc.) it doesn't make them any more favored.

I think we were on the topic of fanfiction, so, does any one have any fics they would liek to recommend to me? I'm a huge fan of anything movie 9 related or involving Manaphy, so, that would be nice. =w=

Status
Not open for further replies.