• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanktheAggron

I'm a Damn Aggron!
Hello everybody, TanktheAggron here.
I'm relatively new to shipping as a whole, but overall, Advanceshipping makes the most sense to me, which is the reason for me being here...
Anyways, on to the question:
Where do you see Ash and May in the future?
Truth be told, I would imagine them perhaps meeting up somewhere and continuing adventuring, doing that for a while, and eventually, after they feel like their dreams have been fufilled, if ever, perhaps settling down.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
Hmmm..... I can see them traveling with each other again until one of them finally confesses their love for the other. It would definitely take time before they realize it though.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Welcome TanktheAggron and JPS97 ^_^
It's always nice to meet new members here. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Now on the current topic:

My dream scenario: Ash and May reunite for one more adventure with their relationship going smoothly. But, after failing to win another regional league and grand festival Ash and May both decide to part ways because they think their relationship(which is approaching into the territory of romance from friendship) is becoming a hindrance in their goals of becoming world's best pokemon trainer and coordinator respectively. They both promise to keep their friendship alive and stay in touch as deep friends but believe that they are not made for each other couple. They agree for a non-emotional farewell (kind of like AG191) as they thought their parting was only for the best. But after achieving their goals both of they realized they still have feelings for each other and under dramatic circumstances they finally get together near the epilogue.
I've actually thought of a fanfiction story about this...

I would like Ash and May to have a son and a daughter.

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
Okay, so I know we're not supposed to be discussing rival pairs or promoting hate or anything, which I'm trying not to do, but I'm really into Best Wishes, even though there's very little romantic interest in it for me.

My question is:
Do you think Ash x Iris (Negaishipping) is more of a threat to Advanceshipping than previous Ash x girl pairs?

Not sure if this question as been asked or is a little redundant, but, hey, activity is nice?

By the way, someone over at some other shipping thread showed us a picture of Ash's room. What did we find in it? Here, take a look.

Thank you animators for remembering. =w=

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Do you think Ash x Iris (Negaishipping) is more of a threat to Advanceshipping than previous Ash x girl pairs?

Since Negaishipping is currently active and IMO about to enter it's golden phase...it's obviously biggest threat to not only Advanceshipping but also to Pearl/Pokeshipping. From My sources from Japan I came to know Negaishipping is quickly gaining support in the homeland of pokemon, at a much faster rate than I had expected it to be.

swampert55

Okay, so I know we're not supposed to be discussing rival pairs or promoting hate or anything, which I'm trying not to do, but I'm really into Best Wishes, even though there's very little romantic interest in it for me.

My question is:

Not sure if this question as been asked or is a little redundant, but, hey, activity is nice?

By the way, someone over at some other shipping thread showed us a picture of Ash's room. What did we find in it? Here, take a look.

Thank you animators for remembering. =w=

The problem here is that I'm not at all into BW (actually, I wasn't into DP either) and therefore I know almost nothing about Gen V or its shippings.

I'm aware that the Teddiursa figure has appeared in BW001, although I can't do more than speculate about its implications. Perhaps someone more acquainted with BW can explain what they think.

TanktheAggron

I'm a Damn Aggron!

Since Negaishipping is currently active and IMO about to enter it's golden phase...it's obviously biggest threat to not only Advanceshipping but also to Pearl/Pokeshipping. From My sources from Japan I came to know Negaishipping is quickly gaining support in the homeland of pokemon, at a much faster rate than I had expected it to be.

To be completely honest, I don't believe it as any more of a threat than Pearlshipping was at one point. It's merely the hype brought up by the fact that she's still a new character and that people are out there itching to jump onto the new ship as soon as it arrives, if you get what I'm saying. Sure, it may be going fast, but I think that it is still a negligable threat. Arguably, the fact that Advanceshipping has technically had hints across 3 different series now (counting the Teddiursa figure in BW001), and that the 3rd gen is likely to be remade soon, I think that Advanceshipping will still succeed!

MegaMagicarpMan

.............?
lets face it so what iris beat ash in the don battle tournement but iris will not end up with ash all the times she has called him a little kid is common she dooes that with everybody

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
lets face it so what iris beat ash in the don battle tournement but iris will not end up with ash all the times she has called him a little kid is common she dooes that with everybody

For Cielo's sake, every time I enter a topic does it ALWAYS have to about Iris vs. Ash and how angry everyone is with her calling him a little kid? Whenever we're on the subject of Ash and not Iris, I nary hear much of a kind word about him unless it's his OG incarnation. *betches and moans*

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash and May...you could tell that May liked him in the first episode of Hoenn. And in the last episode of Hoenn as well.

In the future, I'd say they'd be a good couple.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
To be completely honest, I don't believe it as any more of a threat than Pearlshipping was at one point. It's merely the hype brought up by the fact that she's still a new character and that people are out there itching to jump onto the new ship as soon as it arrives, if you get what I'm saying. Sure, it may be going fast, but I think that it is still a negligable threat. Arguably, the fact that Advanceshipping has technically had hints across 3 different series now (counting the Teddiursa figure in BW001), and that the 3rd gen is likely to be remade soon, I think that Advanceshipping will still succeed!

Yes, it's true that Pearlshipping was a major threat when it first came into existence. But eventually it's hype toned down and Dawn got replaced with Iris. I think Negaishipping is yet to get more hints where as Poke/Contest/Pearlshipping might not get that (I'm afraid but the same can be applied to Advanceshipping itself). So yeah, I do consider Negaishipping biggest threat to Advanceshipping at the moment. Just to keep things more Advanceshippy in this thread here's a new topic:

If you could choose a main character from anime to become an Advanceshipper, who would you choose and why?

I've only two choices for this either Drew or Misty or both:D

TanktheAggron

I'm a Damn Aggron!
If you could choose a main character from anime to become an Advanceshipper, who would you choose and why?

I've only two choices for this either Drew or Misty or both:D

Brock. No doubt about it, he ended up seeing them all day and night for over a year. If anyone could be an Advanceshipper, it would be Brock.

Off topic - WOW!
As soon as I say a word, the thread explodes.
8 posts in one day is quite good, no doubt.

Back on a previous post I saw, that I'm too lazy to quote:
I don't really think that Drew could be considered a love interest for May any more than Ash, if not less than Ash.

Last edited:

MegaMagicarpMan

.............?
For Cielo's sake, every time I enter a topic does it ALWAYS have to about Iris vs. Ash and how angry everyone is with her calling him a little kid? Whenever we're on the subject of Ash and not Iris, I nary hear much of a kind word about him unless it's his OG incarnation. *betches and moans*

sorry jeese

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Uh, what are you talking about? Please read the thread rules. This is not an Ash vs Iris debate; it's the Advanceshipping thread. All posts should either answer the topic at hand or discuss Ash and May in some way.

I can't comment on Iris being a big threat to Advanceshipping because I don't watch the BW anime nor do I particularly care to. I remember a lot of concern about Dawn being a big threat as well, but nothing eventually came of that. Just looking at screenshots Iris and Ash don't strike me as being a good couple so I wouldn't be too worried.

For a main character I'd choose Dawn, just because I have a feeling she'd go all fangirl-mode on the two of them and start planning out big, elaborate schemes to get them together.

If it were a sub character I'd choose Delia; it would be nice if she and Dawn could conspire to get Ash and May together.

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
So to answer my own question:

Even though Iris has been getting a lot of character developement and screen time, I feel that Iris's interactions aren't as "shippy" as any other Ash x girl companion. Maybe we need more episodes, but Negai is actually not as popular as CafeMocha, I feel...

Dawn, even though she's not as much of a romantic as May, Misty or even Iris. I just think Dawn would be the one that would be able to cheer for them the most. And then there's Max. Max is a good "matchmaker" when he's not picking on his sister.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
I probably didn't answer my own question properly so.. just to make it more clear. I'd like Misty to become an Advanceshiper because for one thing it would cancel a certain rival shipping of AS, besides I do believe Misty can do the job of bringing Ash and May closer better than others. She tried to do this with Brock in episode called "The heartbreak of Brock"
My reason for choosing Drew as my second preference is also similar to this. Dawn is also a great choice since she's arguably the best friend of May on the show. Brock or Gary are good options as well (IMO at least).

TanktheAggron

I'm a Damn Aggron!
I probably didn't answer my own question properly so.. just to make it more clear. I'd like Misty to become an Advanceshiper because for one thing it would cancel a certain rival shipping of AS, besides I do believe Misty can do the job of bringing Ash and May closer better than others. She tried to do this with Brock in episode called "The heartbreak of Brock"
My reason for choosing Drew as my second preference is also similar to this. Dawn is also a great choice since she's arguably the best friend of May on the show. Brock or Gary are good options as well (IMO at least).
The one thing I have against the 'romantic rivals' becoming supporters is that it would remove a lot of the potentially interesting exchanges that could occur, such as Drew trying to get May away from Ash whereas having them as a supporter would lead to them seeming to have done a heel face turn, and would deprive the overall rivalry that one might want to see. Watching Drew do something crazy and mean to Ash that leads to shippy moments with Ash and May would certainly be a bit better than Drew basically egging them on to get it on, if you catch my drift.

But I definately get Dawn supporting them, as Dawn seems a lot less rivalish towards May and a lot more sibling-esque, since she doesn't really act all that shippy in my honest opinion. Also, she has proven that she is a good friend of May as well as Ash, unlike Drew, who is not only a true rival of May, and not particularily friendly, but also an arguable shipping rival of Ash, whom seems to not like Drew too much either. If Ash and Drew were at least typically friendly with eachother, then I would certainly understand.

Sorry for rambling on a bit.

advance4ev

~Pure Awesomeness~
YAY Teddiursa figure!! I almost screamed when I first saw that. Advanceshipping LIIIIVVEESS!!!! Now I can sleep with happy Advanshipping dreams >w<
*cough*Moving on ^^;

Honestly I can't say much on this since I've only watched like 2 episodes lol. I personally don't think of it as a threat because I haven't seen any shippyness. But its that whole 'oh look its another girl. Let's ship her with Ash bwahaaha' phase, just like Dawn. So it could be a threat but I'm thinking a small threat.

I'm heading toward the Dawn route. I would say Misty too, but I don't think that May and Misty ever 'clicked' imo. I mean all the eps when Misty visted them were all about Misty and Max (plus it didn't help that May has a Beautifly xD) and not much interaction between the girls. Am I the only one who noticed that lol?
I would kinda like to see Pikachu as an Advanceshipper. Then again I'm a sucker for those fics that involve Pikachu being a helper to Ash and May's relationship xD
Sigh, why must I blabber so much -_-;

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I've been thinking it over, and I really would like to see Max as an AdvanceShipper. I've always found that his character lacks a certain spark, but if he were an AdvanceShipper, then things would get really interesting. I could just imagine him obsessing over Ash and May's love-life, and maybe he'd even start a fan club. He seems to admire Ash, so he'd definitely warm up to the idea of his older sister dating him. If not Max, then I'd choose Dawn as an AdvanceShipper, but only because she seemed really close to May when they met at the Wallace Cup competition in Sinnoh.

TanktheAggron

I'm a Damn Aggron!
I find it somewhat interesting, in AG 029, Ready Willing and Sableye, that as soon as Ash tells May, Max, and Brock his plan, May instantly thinks its a great idea, and is quite enthusiastic about it, and Max makes a comment, "You know May, you are always the first one to buy into these crazy plans."

Seems like its a bit shippy to me. What do you guys think?

Is it just me or is the thread acting awfully dead?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.