• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
^I knew the BF would be in Johto.

Do you guys think that Ash and May will meet again at the Sinnoh League or the next region, or would they not meet again for some time?
I bet they'll be in the new BF and in the next region.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
If Ash and May are together, like a couple, do you think a legendary Pokemon will show up? If Yes, which legendary?

Ho-oh i think. thats all i can really think of. =P

Do you guys think that Ash and May will meet again at the Sinnoh League or the next region, or would they not meet again for some time?

Probably sinnoh league, well i hope so, i grantee that May will show up in Pallet like Misty and maybe join them join. (PLEASE!) and maybe when the remake Hoenn one day. ^^

And i made a advanceshipping video i might think you guys might like.
~Advance~ Over

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
If Ash and May are together, like a couple, do you think a legendary Pokemon will show up? If Yes, which legendary?
Rayquaza.

Well my hope is that May will still be competing in the Johto contests if Ash and co go there for the Battle Frontier. If the grand festival already finished that means that they'll have just missed each other. Even if they don't travel together I like the idea of them traveling in the same region at the same time.

Dark_Dreamz

Whispers in the dark

Well...I think they'll meet up at Pallet, Sinnoh league or if he goes through Hoenn to get to Pallet 8D Maybe Johto as well...Hmm...

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Okay new topic.

It seems that the other shippers "against" advanceshipping (Poke, Contest, Pearl etc) all have an argument when it comes to mementoes that Ash has to represent his "unknown love" for someone. For example, Pokeshippers have Misty's lure and so on. What makes you believe that the half-ribbon from May is more symbolic?

I will answer that later. xD

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
It seems that the other shippers "against" advanceshipping (Poke, Contest, Pearl etc) all have an argument when it comes to mementoes that Ash has to represent his "unknown love" for someone. For example, Pokeshippers have Misty's lure and so on. What makes you believe that the half-ribbon from May is more symbolic?

It's not. They both deserved the ribbon. The only humane thing to do was to cut it in half.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!

I think it is more symbolic because they both got something to remember the other by, where as Misty gave Ash something but didn't get anything in return. Also I think in Hoenn a female coordinator said something about when two people tie in a contest it means your in love, or something like that, because she wanted to tie and share the ribbon with her boyfriend. In conclusion the feelings are mutual and not one sided because they both got half of the ribbon.

See Ya!

Ash.mx

Yes, the ribbon was cut because the two deserved it, but they both took it as a way to remember the other, as seen in the balcony scene where May mentions the importance for her of the ribbon , they both got a part of the other( not as Misty's wich were one sided), and all the implicit symbolic stuff for Advanceshippers xD ex: that it might symbolize that one is the half of the other, that their fingers form the shape of a heart when put the parts together and things like that... and the mentioned reference with the girl who wanted to share the ribbon as a romantic thing. For me, it's enough to say the half ribbon tops everything when it comes to mementoes.

Ok, fanart time!
SatoHaruFanart
Artist: Me

sjshark23

The half ribbon is unique in that it gives both Ash and May something to remind each of the other. All the other "mementos" are one-sided: in the case of PokeShipping, Ash does have Misty's lure, but I don't remember him ever giving her something to remember him by. As for ContestShipping, a rose seems romantic at the time, but will wither and die eventually; something like the half ribbon lasts forever.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

Well most people already answered my most of my answer so this wont be long. I think the half ribbon means SOMETHING not just because it was the only way for both trainers to get the ribbon. i mean the writers but it in there for a reason. i believe its more symbolic thanthe lure becaucse both Ash and May have the ribbon and they can use it to remember it.

Like May said in the Wallace Cup, the ribbons gives her good luck in her contests and its reminds her of all the journeys she had with Ash. she is thinking of HIM.

And mind if i share some fanart as well?

Advance: Chibis

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^OMG, you're not dead.

Three main reasons.

1. It showed how much May learned from Ash and how she grew to become a trainer in her own regard because of him.
2. The cutting it in half showed that they wanted to share the victory, which is a hard thing for people to do unless they care about each other.
3. The fact that they both still kept it shows that both of them are still thinking of each other, and still miss each other.

And that artwork is pure win, MJ.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
^OMG, you're not dead.

Three main reasons.

1. It showed how much May learned from Ash and how she grew to become a trainer in her own regard because of him.
2. The cutting it in half showed that they wanted to share the victory, which is a hard thing for people to do unless they care about each other.
3. The fact that they both still kept it shows that both of them are still thinking of each other, and still miss each other.

And that artwork is pure win, MJ.

Yes im still alive. i really need to be here more often. xD

And thanks for liking my fanart Eon. ^^

And very nice job with that fanart Jinx.

Dark_Dreamz

Whispers in the dark

I think it gives the idea of 'two halves makes one whole'. So, in this case, the ribbon can't be whole unless they're both together. Heh. Romantic much? And if I remember properly, in...Envy at first sight? This girl wanted a split ribbon between her and boy, because it suggested that they were close and such. It's been re-played, but with Ash and May :p

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
As others have said it's a shared item between them. Also things like Misty's lure were gifts while the ribbon is something Ash and May decided to share.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Since there are multiple questions in this topic I'll cover them one at a time

What made you interested in Advanceshipping?
I thought May was an interesting character and didn't deserve the negative attention she was receiving when people found out Misty was leaving. As I learned more about her I noticed her similarities to Ash and soon after that I liked the idea of them as a couple.

And did you have any other shippings you supported, before Advanceshipping?
Not really. I considered many different pairings and none of them stuck. I even branched out to pairing Ash with characters from other anime like Sakura from Cardcaptors and Mink from Dragon Half.

And have you ever wanted to leave Advanceshipping?
No. Ash and May are too perfect for each other for me to consider them with anyone else.

sjshark23

What made you interested in AdvanceShipping?
I only really followed the anime seriously when Advanced Generation began, and from the first episode, when May showed her happiness that Ash would travel with her, I knew something was brewing there; at the time I was more of a theorist than a true shipper. The true catalyst for me, though, was reading PikaMasterADV's story May's Crush this past summer, and I haven't looked back since.

And did you have any other shippings you supported, before AdvanceShipping?
I was a PokeShipping theorist once, but in the sense of a one-sided pairing. I also toyed with the idea of Brock and Misty being paired, but I eventually settled on OrangeShipping when I looked more into the known pairings because I knew Brock could never get a girl if he tried.

And have you ever wanted to leave AdvanceShipping?
Never, and proud of it. AdvanceShipping was the first Ship I really supported, and will always remain my OTP.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
Wow, 3 new topics at once!

I would say that it started with the Hoenn saga getting me back into the anime, cause all that they had been showing was repeats of the Orange Islands and Jhoto, and then I saw one of the later Hoenn episodes and got interested again, it felt fresh. Originally pairing up characters never occurred to me, but I did prefer the interactions between Ash and May rather than with Misty, and I didn't like Drew. When I saw the 9th Movie it instantly became my favorite, and then later when I accidently came across Gazmof's fic 'Good Love Charm' 2 years ago, I instantly realized I was an Advanceshipper without knowing it, and I have supported it since.

And did you have any other shippings you supported, before Advanceshipping?

No, Advanceshipping was my first although I acknowledged Annabel's crush on Ash as well as Lucy's crush on Brock, and obviously Drew's obnoxious flirting.

No I haven't, they seem to have the best base for a long lasting relationship, unlike most of the other ships that seem to be one sided crushes.

See Ya!

p.s. Do not try to fix your laptop by yourself cause you can get electrocuted (it hurts trust me), seek professional help.

That is all.

Last edited:

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!
I thought both Ash and May's chemistry with each other were quite refreshing. I thought, 'those two would be a nice couple'.

Nope. Though the day that come is probably when I outgrow Pokemon all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.