• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤
Hi, AdvanceShipping is my favorite shipping of the whole Pokemon anime.
Can I join in?

Would you still support Advanceshipping, even if May or Ash got together with somebody else?

Yeah, I probably would.
If May got together with Drew and Ash got together with Misty, I'd rip my hair out of my head since I hate Contestshipping and Pokeshipping with a passion.
If Ash got together with Dawn, I probably still support AdvanceShipping but I wouldn't mind that since I also happen to like PearlShipping a lot as well.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
Would you still support Advanceshipping, even if May or Ash got together with somebody else?

Yes, I will always support Advanceshipping until all life in the universe dies out when it cools down to much. If Ash and May did get together with other people it wouldn't matter too much as I have not whatched the anime in about half a year, if I do hear that they got together with other people, especialy Misty and Drew, I would probably have a rampage for a minute and then shrug it off and read an Advanceshipping fanfic. Either way it is unlikely that any ship will become cannon.

On another note bellow are some links to drawings I did last summer, the first is based of a screenshot, the second is based of a fanart by FireEmblemFreak, and the last three are based of fanart by Suzu;

I originally planed to put them up yesterday but I was completely wiped out from the weekend and slept for 14 hours, I missed my lectures. :(

See Ya!

Chaos Out!

Darato

(o,..,o)
Would you still support Advanceshipping, even if May or Ash got together with somebody else

Yes would. I support every ship in some way or another, and this wouldn't affect my support. Shipping is about what you'd like to see even if you know it would never happen so this doesn't really matter in the end.

L.F.D.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer

Of course! I've never supported Advanceshipping purely in the hopes of it being canon. To be honest, I don't think any 'ship will become canon in the course of the series. But I do think Advanceshipping makes the most sense and that Ash and May have the best foundation out of all the character combinations in Pokemon to have a long-lasting and well-balanced relationship. Even if it never becomes canon (which I don't ever get my hopes up that it will), I will always support it as my favourite fanon 'ship, because I think it just works.

It's unfortunate that I never have enough time to read many fics, because Advanceshipping has so many (I remember when I first started writing Good Love Charm there was a big drought, but I'm glad to see that drought ended pretty quickly after DP got settled in). Usually I only read one-shots, but I have to say that Advanceshipping fanart tends to be some of the best, only ocassionally rivalled by Pearlshipping artists in cuteness at times. I could look at PD+'s work all day and not get bored of it.

Here's a new topic, since we seem to be a little slow lately. I thought it seemed like an interesting concept:

If Advanceshipping was canon, what part of Ash and May's life would you like to see elaborated most on in the show?

For example, would you like an episode devoted to their wedding day?

Personally, I'd like to see the show fast-forward by like 10 years after Ash and May get married. This is because I think it'd be really cute to see how their relationship has evolved over a ten-year period and also to see what their daily routines are, and what their children are like. I can just imagine them living in a quaint little house in Pallet Town with a huge yard where their kids can play with their Pokemon in the wide, open space.

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!

Yeah, I probably would. A lot of shippings don't have to be canon as long as they support it, afterall, it's pretty shallow to support something if it's only canon. But in any case, I always thought this was an extremely interesting and relaxing pairing that feels much different than other shippings base on their interactions with one another. Hopefully, this doesn't completely fade into oblivion in the near future, but it definitely has its notable charm.

If Advanceshipping was canon, what part of Ash and May's life would you like to see elaborated most on in the show?

Oh yes, definitely a wedding scene. I think it would be nice for them to reflect on the time they spent together and the general build up of the scenario. Of course, I would like to see everyone show their support for the couple by attending the wedding and congratulating the pair. Then they can start their new lives in Pallet Town.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>

Of course. What are multishippers for? ;D

Um...anything other than what they used to show? I have no idea, I'd want to see dates and stuff, and playfull battles between May and Ash. :3 I wonder who would win those...geez. I'd also want to see how the friends and family of the two react. Imagine all the teasing from Gary and the sobbing from Brock! It's be positively priceless. :3

~riolulu

sjshark23

As stated by a few others, definitely a wedding scene. But even before that, I'd want to see how their relationship develops beyond the mentor-student dimension, and how the other characters, particularly family, handle it (I can just picture Max's reaction...priceless!).

Darato

(o,..,o)

How they are later in life. Maybe they'd be Gym leaders on Orange Island or something like it. You'd need to best May in a contest battle, and Ash in a Pokemon battle. There kids getting ready to go off and start their own journeys.

L.F.D.

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤

Well, I'd really love to see an an episode where Ash and May get married. I'd love that.
I'd also really like to see how their doing in the future, like how life is going for them, what their kids are like, and to see what they're doing. That's what I'd love to see the most.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Well yes of course I'd still support it. I must admit, I do believe in Multi-Shipping so I'm more than ok with them being with somebody else. I only support AdvanceShipping and several other Ships because I like comparing the character's similarities and interests. That way I can make a decision as to whether they are compatible or not. I do think Ash and May are compatible, but sometimes it's fun to compare them to other characters and not just each other :3

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

Wow, thats hard for me, contestshipping isn't my fav shipping but i supprt it slighty. i guess its just Drew that i dislike. but i guess so, it would just take a long time to sink into me. I would probably yell at the tv, "I waited this long and then i find out you two are ending up together. that is soo bull....!" xDDD

Them having fun together and smiling. i love the two toegther when they are having fun. so cute and advanceshippiness in a way. =D

Jabberwocky

May Contain Nuts
I'm not what you'd call a "true-blue" AdvanceShipper, but I hope you guys will help me join in the fun regardless, since I like the pairing well enough.

[French voice]But of course![/French voice] Just because it wouldn't have been canon doesn't mean it's not ad'awwwwwable! It'd still support it.

Last edited:

Dark_Dreamz

Whispers in the dark

Eh? Eh?

Well... I want to see the silhouette of a familiar woman cooking, and a black haired boy running past the screen, and the screen pans to a grown man with a Pikachu jumping off his shoulder~

The wedding photo is optional :p

AKA: Their lives as a married couple

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!

I think the most interesting thing to see would be how their relationship changes from best friends to a loving relationship; i.e. how they fall in love with each other. Possibly how all their friends, rivals and family react to them getting closer emotionally? Maybe after they become a couple, a few dates, and eventually their wedding and honeymoon, ending with maybe what their lives are like after they have settled down.

Thats about it really.

See Ya!

Chaos Out!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'd like nothing more than to see them as adults. As children, I think there isn't enough mood in the air for too much romance but as adults I think we could really see May and Ash blossom in terms of love. I'd like to see the mature side of their relationship with each other and not just the cute/funny side that we normally see. As for them being married, that's a plus but I'd like more time to see how they'd interact in a mature environment.

Antiyonder

Overlord

Sure. For one thing it's preference of character couplings, not a religious belief (That's more suitable for the Star Trek fandom anyway:) ). Second, I also am a Pearlshipper and mildly a Pokeshipper.

I tend to prefer Advance and Pearl over Pokeshipping though as we see better hints on Ash's side.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Here's a new topic to try and liven things up.

During what point in the anime do you think was the best time for Ash and May to get together?

I think it was in Grass Hysteria. Right after Ash rescues May, and they had their two Bulbasaurs getting all mushy together. They were alone, too! Not since the first few episodes of Hoenn had we seen Ash and May have some quality time alone together, so I think this would've been the perfect opportunity for the writers to spark some more chemistry than what we ended up with.

Oh well. I still love this episode, though. Probably my favourite Advanceshipping moment in the series, aside from the 9th movie, of course.

EDIT: Oops! I'm sorry, midnightjewelz, I didn't even see your post when I clicked reply! ^^; This is a good question too, so I wanna answer it as well:

Since May isn't in the main girl anymore, do you think Advanceshipping support is going down as well?

Surprisingly, I think Advanceshipping still has one of the biggest shipping followings in Pokemon. It's debatably more popular than Pearlshipping (which surprises me, because I figured Pearlshipping would have a lot going for it). I guess that means us Advanceshippers are either surprisingly stubborn, or we just really love this pairing.

I think Ash and May's relationship has inspired a lot of people, especially given the wealth of great fanart and fanfics we Advanceshippers have.

Advanceshippers are in the same boat as Pokeshippers in many ways - we've both watched our "main" girl leave the show and I think the Advanceshipping community has been very strong in its commitment to supporting the two of them together, despite having some rough times (and we never got nearly as good a "goodbye" scene as Pokeshippers did).

Actually, I think the shipping community as a whole seems to be slowing down more than Advanceshipping's support. Maybe the release of HG/SS later this month will bring some renewed interest to old fans again.

Last edited:

Dark_Dreamz

Whispers in the dark
Since May isn't in the main girl anymore, do you think Advanceshipping support is going down as well?

No, I don't think so. AdvanceShipping shown some promising hints, and it's clear that the writers are still pushing it I.E: The infamous ribbon scene the the Wallace Cup. The majority of ADVfanart are May in her Emerald costume. So, I think not :D AdvanceShippers are still going on strong! We must have a lot of faith in it, or like Gazmof said, really stubbon >>.

During what point in the anime do you think was the best time for Ash and May to get together?

Wallace Cup, Movie nine, Date Expectations...The list goes ON. There are so many possibilities that I can't decide. For me, it's a tie between the end of the Wallace Cup and Date Expectations. Ash could of easily said something like: "You're happiness is what's most important to me" or something, when he had his hands on her shoulder.

Stupid, dense Ash...

---

Since I was bored, and was on a ADV high. I made this:

[IMG200]http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt237/SpiritDreams/image016-1-1.jpg[/IMG200]

Something we can all oogle at

Status
Not open for further replies.