• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_People

The Janitor.
Hello everyone, I'm kinda new here and Advanceshipping is my favorite shipping. I actually just recently discovered it believe it or not...

I visited my younger cousin early last week and he dragged me off to watch hours of Pokémon episodes he got for his birthday. It was torture at first, having to watch all the old stuff that I vaguely remembered. I was starting to drift off to sleep when AG001 came on, and I woke up and said "Wait a sec... who's this new girl?" My cousin turned around and gave me a confused look and said "You don't know who that is? Her name's May"

I hadn't watch a single episode of Pokémon since 2003, so May was completely new to me. I hadn't even heard about any of the newer games or stuff like that. (Yes, I've been living under a rock :p )

As the episodes progressed I liked her a lot more than I ever had Misty when I was younger. After watching the 6'th Movie, I was curious as to what May was wishing for and went looking online, and came across Fanfiction.net. Someone had written a fic on what they believed it was about and it was then that I found out about the concept of shipping. I looked up some more Advanceshipping stories on Fanfiction.net and was hooked.

Anyways, I hope that you guy's will accept me here :D

I lol'd! Haha! Thats probably the best way to get into Advanceshipping, Once your in there is no going out.

Well, I guess I'm a new member here too. Even though my loyalty is currently split between Pearl/Advance if i was given an option i would go with Advance shipping.

What would Ash and May's pet-names for each other be?
As most posters said, they don't seem like the type who would do that kind of thing, especially Ash. I could see May discovering Gary's name for Ash and start calling him "Ashy "but other then that i don't see too many pet-names being thrown around

What would be your idea of Ash and May's perfect date?
I have this vision where Ash who has no previous dating experience is trying his best to create the perfect date, Perhaps riding some Ponyta across the beach, (lol). Of course something bad would happen to Ash and therefore the date would be ruined and Ash would have been upset, because he wanted it to be special. So i guess my vision of the perfect date is the worst date.

What AdvanceShipping fanfic are you currently reading that you enjoy and like and why?
I was reading "Shiny reunion" really good FanFic. Story about Ash and May traveling without Max and Brock, Bending some of the standard lines i really like it since most Fics are just AG but with a twist and ending with a kiss. Sadly it hasn't been updated in a while so i might have to check out something else.

Betamax16

What AdvanceShipping fanfic are you currently reading that you enjoy and like and why?

I may have only found out about shipping in general a week or two ago, but in that time I've accumulated a substantial backlog of Advanceshipping Fic's if anyone wants to check them out.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5701816/1/ <----- A Love Not Too Soon To Be Forgotten: By GerbilFTW (Complete)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5677105/1/ <----- Agent Limit: By Cortega (Still in Progress)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3964185/1/ <----- Custom Christmas: By PikamasterADV (One Shot)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3771428/1/ <----- Final Challenge: By Matkin22 (Complete)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5478790/1/ <----- Halves Make a Whole: By -WingsofRain- (Still in Progress)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4044373/1/ <----- Is He Really That Dense?: By LuciferIX (Complete)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4856981/1/ <----- It's Never Over: By it's simply me (One Shot)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3047794/1/ <----- May's Crush: By PikamasterADV (Complete)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5793302/1/ <----- Mysterious Stranger: By Midnightmoon602 (Still in Progress)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5232878/1/ <----- Save You: By KawaiiCherryBlossom-aka-BWF (Still in Progress)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4008332/1/Something_I_Wanted_To_Tell_You <----- Something I Wanted To Tell You: By ShadowKing1988 (Complete)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3423132/1/ <----- The Darkness Within: By Night Rain Illusion (Complete)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4442626/1/ <----- The Ties of Friendship: By LuciferIX (Complete)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3801221/1/ <----- There's just something about you: By Garfield94 (Complete)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3964182/1/ <----- To Walk In The Shoes Of Another: By LuciferIX (Complete)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4766547/1/ <----- Two of a Kind: By CyberCubed (Complete)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4204451/1/ <----- When Earth Meets Ocean: By Damon Howe (One-Shot)

I think that's basically all the really good ones I have. Read and Enjoy :D

TheRiddler

I have a new topic for you.

How do you think Ash reacted when May announced that she was going to the Jhoto region by herself?

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Welcome to the thread, Betamax!

How do you think Ash reacted when May announced that she was going to the Johto region by herself?

I think he probably had mixed emotions. On the one hand he was happy for her since she was becoming a greater trainer and setting out on her own to fulfill her dreams. But on the other hand, she would be gone from the group, and we all know that Ash is very close to his friends. I think it's undeniable that he wouldn't want to part ways, but he knows that she has her own goals to pursue and he has his. And besides, he has half of their ribbon, so he always keeps her close to his heart ^_~

TheRiddler

I'll answer my own topic.

How do you think Ash reacted when May announced that she was going to the Johto region by herself?

Ash loves May, no question about it. When May decided to go to the Johto region by herself at the end of the Battle Frontier(the only reason I will not watch Battle Frontier), Ash was shocked and dismayed. He wanted to do everything in his power to stop that from happening. Ash wanted to confess his love for May before she left, but Max had to stop that from happening. You tried your best Ash and for that, we salute you. However, Ash knows that he'll see his future girlfriend again.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>

Did we not see this via anime?

Well, in my dreams, he began sobbing, threw himself to the floor, hugged her legs, and refused to let go until she agreed to stay with him. :3 And then punched Drew in the balls for taking her away. ;D

~riolulu

Satoshi<3

Love thy Satoshi
ugh, what am i chopped liver? Where have I been!!!!

anyways I don't know if I could do this, but tell me if I cant and I'll remove this. I just recently made an amv for advanceshipping and wanted to share it to all of you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjSNbqNdKHc
okay so what's todays topic? :)

I imagined ash just acting like it didn't bother him, although inside he was broken inside. I'd say he would tell her: oh, that's great!

but really he would worry about her going off by her own, and how he wished he could be there to guide her. Oh I know I'm going to get killed by a mob right now, but I think he would feel heart broken because another close friend of his was going to leave him again, like misty did.
*dam that name*
jk jk... ;P

Well I'm going to do an old old old old old old...topic.
What advanceshipping dreams/daydreams have you had.
*blushes*

Well... I had a dream, and i thought :wow! It would be a great episode!

****Kimi's dream theater begins in 1...2..3...***

anyways, it's may, ash dawn and brock, and they find this stone that unlocks something that team glactic wants. When brock finds out that this was used to open the gate to the demmentions like that gold key they have, there going to turn it into officer jenny.

So they are walking through the forrest, heading for town, when then saturn comes on this ship thingy (lol) and starts to demand for there attention. Saturn commands ash and trio to hand in the rock, but they deny. So that leads to a battle of course.Satun belives that dawn has the stone, when actually ASH has it, and brock and dawn tells ash and may to run, while they hold saturn off. They agree, and head off. Saturn calls back up to chase after may and ash....then here comes the advanceshipping!!! *KYYAA*

Soon, with staurns thugs on their trail, ash and may take a wrong turn, and end up cornored on a steep cliff, looking down at a lake. They turn around to see two thugs, getting ready to battle. Ash tells his pikachu to send a thunder bolt, when unexpectly, may lies that she has the stone. Confused, ash stares at her.

The thugs send a warning shot tords may. May then winks to them, and jumps backwards off the cliff. Ash screams her name, and jumps in after her, leaving two confused, and baffled thungs behind. Their spiralling down tords the water, and soon enough they crash the surface. The scene drifts to may giggling, walking out of the water, laughing about how fun the fall was.

IDIOT! ash yells at her, You scared me! I thought you were going to get hurt! May says cooly that she's fine, and crosses her arms, Ash glares at her for a momment, clenches his teeth, and turns his back to her slightly blushing. Just forget it come on he says.
so now they are walking in silence down some random path looking for their friends, when may thinks to herself:Maybe I should apoligese... I mean if he did that I would have a heart attack.. she looks at him sadly, and reaches for his hand, to stop him from walking.

ash does, but does not turn to look at her. May whispers, and looks to the ground, : "Ash..."
"May..." he responds. - silence draws in -

May sighs and looks up to him, and says sorry, and how stupid her actions were, and how she would probably be worried if he was the one who jumped.
Ash closes his eyes, a slight blush fades his cheeks, then he ruffles mays head and smiles.
"It's alright... sorry for yelling at you." he laughs and smiles, "Lets go find dawn and brock kay?"

**Kimi's dream theater ends***
MOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sry if this was long :p

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤
Sorry about my inactivity, everyone. I really haven't been on serebii at all.
You could probably guess why too XD ;)

I'm with riolulu on this one. Didn't we see his reaction in the anime?

I personally think he had mixed feelings about it. I'm sure he was happy for her, since she has grew as a trainer a lot, compared to the first season. But at the same time, I think he might have been worried about her traveling on her own. Ash really does care about his friends and there's no denying that.

Even if Ash didn't want her to go, I don't think he would have tried to stop her from going off because she has her own path to follow. Plus, as May said in the anime, she had her half on the ribbon with her at all times, so she can feel close to him.

But hey, that's just me.

Antiyonder

Overlord
Since Max has been brought up in this thread, I thought I'd post my own non-bolded question about him.

Now first off, a big irony of the anime is that girl crazy guy like Brock tends to fail to attract the interest of a girl, whereas a clueless, oblivious Ash tends to have several admirers.

That said, I wonder if Max would actually try to play cupid for Ash and his sister in contrasting with his tendency to drag Brock away (heck, I hear that in the original version of "Home is Where the Start is" that Max even says that it's a lot of fun when Ash and May are together). On that note, are there any fanfics that utilizes said idea? Bear in mind that this is merely a hypothetical question based on the possibility that May and Max where still in the main cast.

Last edited:

Agustus

How long has it been now? I believe almost one year has gone by since I last posted in this thread.

Since Max has been brought up in this thread, I thought I'd post my own non-bolded question about him.

Now first off, a big irony of the anime is that girl crazy guy like Brock tends to fail to attract the interest of a girl, whereas a clueless, oblivious Ash tends to have several admirers.

That said, I wonder if Max would actually try to play cupid for Ash and his sister in contrasting with his tendency to drag Brock away (heck, I hear that in the original version of "Home is Where the Start is" that Max even says that it's a lot of fun when Ash and May are together). On that note, are there any fanfics that utilizes said idea? Bear in mind that this is merely a hypothetical question based on the possibility that May and Max where still in the main cast.

From what I can recall the idea has been used before in fanfiction, because of how perfect it would be. Max is May's brother, which would show that the ship is supported from a family member; it would also allow for a lot of interesting situations and stories that wouldn't rely on conflict from someone else romantically interested in Ash/May. Most importantly, though, Max is a lot less dense than Ash, and for the reasons stated above he would be the ideal choice to act as "Cupid", rather than Brock or Norman or whomever else.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
How do you think Ash reacted when May announced that she was going to the Jhoto region by herself?

I'm sure all mixed emotions but Ash would be thinking he should be happy with May's descision instead of begin sad. >.<

Plenty, so many that i can't write them down here. xD

Suave Squirtle

He was probably pretty sad, but he seems like the optimistic type who expects them to be reunited in the near future.

Like the above poster too many to count, but one of them was where they were taking a walk in a dangerous mountain area and May is saved by Ash after he pushes her away from the avalanche caused by Team Rocket, who end up having their balloon popped by one of the rocks.

Will you absolutely stay an Advanceshipper in the 5th gen if the new female trainer joins the crew, or will whoever it is affect your stance on the subject?

Well I will be staying an AdvShipper.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Whilst I like the idea, and yes, I do believe it has been used in a lot of fanfictions (though perhaps not as a main plot device, but certainly as a secondary one), I don't really think Max would go out of his way to try and bring Ash and May together unless there was some large motivating force behind it; say, perhaps he sees that May is lonely and finds out somehow that she has a thing for Ash. In that situation, yes, I imagine he would try and pair them up since he wants to see his sister happy and Ash is a nice guy, but otherwise I can't imagine him just randomly matchmaking the two of them for no reason - I don't think that's Max's style.

What song or songs do you think describe AdvanceShipping the best?

"Together We Make a Promise" by Cori Yarckin, sung at the end credits of Movie 9.

What advanceshipping dreams/daydreams have you had?

None, unfortunately. It'd be nice, but mine are never that interesting :b

Will you absolutely stay an Advanceshipper in the 5th gen if the new female trainer joins the crew, or will whoever it is affect your stance on the subject?

Of course! If I didn't truly love Advanceshipping and just liked to 'ship the new girl with Ash all the time, I'd be a Pearlshipper, right? I love Ash and May together because of their chemistry, not because May was the flavour of the month during the Hoenn and Kanto BF seasons.

Here's another new topic to try and stir up some activity:

What do you think Delia's impression of May as a potential daughter-in-law is? Conversely, what do you think Norman and Caroline's impressions of Ash as a son-in-law would be? Would they approve of Ash and May as an item?

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Hi y'all, good to see that there are still some familiar faces here :)

Well at the moment, the ship's future doesn't look all too bright, so I'd say something like Wire To Wire from Razorlight.

What advanceshipping dreams/daydreams have you had?
Lol, I actually had an advanceshipping dream once, but that was years back already, and I don't remember too much off it anymore. One part had to do with May being a bit flirty and Ash being clueless as alwas and another part of the dream was something with Ash covering May up in the rain.

So I'll end this post now with a cute fanart from MiasOtherFanart, featuring one of my all time favourites; Bulbasaur.

[img139]http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs49/f/2009/214/e/b/Ash__May__and_their___Saurs_by_MiasOtherFanart.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Woah, I'd thought you'd disappeared, Hunter. Good to have you here, still. Great fanart, by the way. I love May's flirty expression :D

What do you think Delia's impression of May as a potential daughter-in-law is? Conversely, what do you think Norman and Caroline's impressions of Ash as a son-in-law would be? Would they approve of Ash and May as an item?

I think Delia would totally be into it; she seemed to get along really well with May during her time at Ash's house in Pallet Town before starting the Kanto Battle Frontier.

As for Norman and Caroline, I think they both have a great amount of respect for Ash, so they'd definitely be for it - probably moreso Norman, since if I remember right Caroline tended to lean more towards Contestshipping during a few Hoenn episodes, but she'd no doubt come around to the idea of Advanceshipping.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Holy s*** on a s*** sandwich! Hunter's back? And alive??
How about "Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon?

Find the lyrics, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
Be it the first time I log in for months and the one thing that caught my attention is Hunter showing up. Had me at hello. (heehee) Thought I was the one that vanished without a trace. I feel nostalgic now.

Ash's mother will take anybody she likes, especially May. It'd be cool if she does think of May as a potential daughter-in-law. I know I would a little more than the rest, but that's just a little more. May's parents are possibly most familiar with Ash more so than other people in May's life. There goes the seal of approval. On a personal note; Ash Ketchum, why do you have to be such a chick magnet? If I was just like you, I score all the hotties I could find and...I don't know...yeah...

Dreams by Van Halen. Listen to it so you'll know how amazing this song is.
Widower by The Dillinger Escape Plan. One of their newer songs, I am not sure what it's about, but hearing it, it does not translate to a Dillinger Escape Plan song, but I like it a lot.
There should be a theme song for May just so they could play it in certain parts of the anime.

Am I still cool?

TheRiddler

To answer my own topic:

I would say that "You Are The Music In Me" from High School Musical 2 describes our favorite pairing the best. Take a look at the lyrics:

Na na na na
Na na na na yeah
You are the music in me
You know the words
"Once Upon A Time"
Make you listen?
There's a reason.
When you dream there's a chance you'll find
A little laughter
or happy ever after
your harmony to the melody
It's echoing inside my head
A single voice (Single voice)
Above the noise
And like a common thread
Hmm, you're pulling me
When I hear my favorite song
I know that we belong
Oh, you are the music in me
Yeah it's living in all of us
And it's brought us here because
Because you are the music in me
Na na na na (Ohh)
Na na na na na
Yeah yeah yeah
(Na na na na)
You are the music in me
It's like I knew you before we met (Before we met)
Can't explain it (Ohh ohh)
There's no name for it (No name for it)
I'm saying words I never said
And it was easy (So easy)
Because you see the real me (I see)
As I am You understand
And that's more than I've ever known
To hear your voice (Hear your voice)
Above the noise (Ohh ohh)
And no, I'm not alone
Oh you're singing to me (Ohh yeah)
When I hear my favorite song
I know that we belong (Yeah ohh)
You are the music in me
It's living in all of us
And it's brought us here because
You are the music in me
Together we're gonna sing (Yeah)
We got the power to sing what we feel (What we feel)
Connected and real
Can't keep it all inside (Ohh)
Na na na na (Ohh yeah)
Na na na na na (Ohh yeah)
Yeah yeah yeah (Na na na na)
You are the music in me (In me)
Na na na na (Ohh yeah)
Na na na na na (Ohh yeah)
Na na na na
You are the music in me
When I hear my favorite song (Favorite song)
I know that we belong (We belong)
You are the music in me
Yeah it's living in all of us
It's brought us here because (Here because)
You are the music in me
Na na na na (Ohh yeah)
Na na na na (Ohh yeah)
Na na na na
You are the music in me (Yeah)

This song really suits Ash and May, do you agree?

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
Wow it's been a while since I last posted and the thread has filled up fast!

To start off, great Advanceshipping AMV Satoshi<3, really well done for your first. I should do one sometime I have an idea but not the time at the moment as well as not having all the episodes on my laptop to take clips from, must clear room on my hard drive.

@ Hunter_RuLe, Great fanart you've found I've seen it before and it is still great having the Vineshipping in there as well.

Now for the current topics;

I think that he kept most of his feelings hidden deep inside himself, so he didn't seem overly sad at May leaving because he doesn't want to stop her from doing what she wants to do. So he didn't want to hold her back from achieving her dream just like he wouldn't want to be held back. His deep down emotions were probably along the lines of worrying for her safety and lonelyness that a close friend of his was leaving and he won't be able to see her for a while. I think that I've explained my thoughts clearly.

Loads but most I forget I did manage to wake myself up once and write it down and then turned it into a one-shot which has been posted on serebii, called 'Our Hearts Will Go On'. The other slightly Advanceshipping oriented dreams I've had are just involving Drew being killed in various ways, Yes my hatered of him even invades my dreams.

I will always be an Advanceshipper as I subconciously became one and was not looking to pair up the characters in the anime. By the time Ash visits the next region there will be such a big age gap between him and a starting trainer that it would be like Brock hitting on May which is just wrong, so just having a new female companion won't make me ship them. On a plus side it makes Pearlshipping less likely as Dawn will only have travelled with Ash where as May has been with him through Hoenn and Kanto.

Firstly there are the ending songs from the 8th movie as well as the both the English and Japaneese 9th move endings, also I think that the 10th movie's ending 'I Will Be With You' has some Advanceshipping vibes. For a non-Pokemon song that fits Advanceshipping I would chose 'Remember Me' by Leslie Parrish, if you want the lyrics I posted it in the Shipping Song thread on page 8.

I haven't watched the start of the Battle Frountier Saga in a while but from what I remember May and Delia got on alright so I think that she would be supportive of them as a couple. As for Norman and Caroline, I think that they know that Ash can be trusted to look out for May especially if May told them about how many times Ash risked his life to save her, and as Ash is the only major person in May's life that they have met they will be more supportive of them as a couple than if May was with someone else.(I definately don't remember Norman meeting Drew, but if Caroline did meet Drew I don't think that she found out much about him to make her prefer him over Ash as Ash has met May's parents a few times and also when they went back to Petalburg for Ash's gym match I think they stayed around for at least a day which is pleanty of time for them to get to know Ash better.)

Now I shall reply to the Max question;

Originally Posted by Antiyonder

I don't think Max would try an force them to become a couple, but I don't think he will be against it. Firstly he would want his sister to be happy and if that means that she and Ash become a couple he will back them up, secondly Max could see Ash as an older brother (and wish that he was), so if Ash and May were a couple Ash would be essentially his brother. There is one thing he might have against it and that is if he sees Ash as his best friend, and then he could find it awkward that he and May are going out. But no matter what he thinks, if Ash and May became a couple he wouldn't hesitate to annoy May about it.

Thats all from me for now.

See Ya Around!

Chaos Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.