• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
Well, I had to remember my FF.net password, but I got in there eventually. XD

Here's the link: Runners Up

I'm sorry it's late (I've haven't been at my house all day), so I couldn't get myself to a computer to post it! So it's alright if I submit it now? Either way, it's right here:

I'msogladI'mnottheonlyone. Whew.

Aaaaaand,

Wow, eight pages? Oh, I'm envious now. I wish I could do that. It takes me some time to write something around 3 pages. -sigh

Haha, I'm pretty sure whole paragraphs were mutilated and it was greatly reduced in size when I got around to doing some revision. I write fast but as a result my revisions are harsher and longer. ;)

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Eight pages in one sitting? i did ten once, but i can't remember what i wrote about, and i still can't. lol.

And guys i got an idea.

And guys, i thought maybe we should have a NEW list of advanceshipping songs. we could suggests some songs and then the most popluars songs will be put into a final list. and then one of us can uplode it to some sort of website(in a winzip file maybe) and we can downlode the songs like that. i mean the last one was made around 2009 right? the serebii Ikarishipping forums make a new list every year. i thought we should do the same. what do you guys think?

I know a farmilar advanceshipper was in charge of the advanceshiping song list back in 2009 but i had idea where she went. So i mean, i think its a nice idea. and plus i need new songs since Limewire is gone. =(

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
And guys, i thought maybe we should have a NEW list of advanceshipping songs. we could suggests some songs and then the most popluars songs will be put into a final list. and then one of us can uplode it to some sort of website(in a winzip file maybe) and we can downlode the songs like that. i mean the last one was made around 2009 right? the serebii Ikarishipping forums make a new list every year. i thought we should do the same. what do you guys think?

Sp1derp1g did one a while ago, I still have it. Maybe he's willing to add another folder or two for 2011. I'm game for this!

Eight pages in one sitting? i did ten once, but i can't remember what i wrote about, and i still can't. lol.

Haha, permanent fanfiction hangover. :p

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Sp1derp1g did one a while ago, I still have it. Maybe he's willing to add another folder or two for 2011. I'm game for this!

Haha, permanent fanfiction hangover. :p

So that means he won't mind if we make a list right now? Sp1derp1g, yes his name is coming back to me. is he still alive? because i thought since this place is alive why not make a new song list to celebrate advanceshipping in 2011?

Yes, ive been having that lately. i blame school. i have to write a essay in art, ART people. essays and art don't mix. T_T

busit naman ang skwela. hirap naman ang work.

Hot Limit

i might be able to be a judge. but i think i will have time to read at least one entry by Friday, i have a few hours of spare time at school so i should be able to read one and review it. i'll see. i don't want to promise anything. i mean pokemon black and white is coming out TOMORROW here. so i think i might be a little disracted. hehe.
Ahh, Pokemon black and white already came out here, and I WANT IT! Lol, it's really been distracting me too.

I'msogladI'mnottheonlyone. Whew.

Aaaaaand,

Haha, I'm pretty sure whole paragraphs were mutilated and it was greatly reduced in size when I got around to doing some revision. I write fast but as a result my revisions are harsher and longer. ;)
Yes, I've been so busy, I'm so glad that I'm still able to turn in my entry.

Oh I see. Still, it's admirable for both you and midnight to work on something 8-10 pages worth. I don't believe I have the attention span to work on eight pages worth of a story (I honestly go back and forth with things I'm writing-I get bored with things easily. I write a sentence a day, but it's mostly because I lack good ideas at those times).

And guys i got an idea.

I know a farmilar advanceshipper was in charge of the advanceshiping song list back in 2009 but i had idea where she went. So i mean, i think its a nice idea. and plus i need new songs since Limewire is gone. =(

Wait...
There's an OLD advanceshipping list of songs? Where may I listen to it?
This seems like a splendid idea.

Last edited:

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
Ahh, Pokemon black and white already came out here, and I WANT IT! Lol, it's really been distracting me too.

It's certainly no productivity aide. I had to put it away because of tons of homework so I caught myself playing Pokemon Online instead.

Oh I see. Still, it's admirable for both you and midnight to work on something 8-10 pages worth. I don't believe I have the attention span to work on eight pages worth of a story (I honestly go back and forth with things I'm writing-I get bored with things easily. I write a sentence a day, but it's mostly because I lack good ideas at those times).

Oh, you can believe that most of the time I'm like you, but worse. I'm ADHD out the window, so if I'm not REALLY motivated to do something, it's very hard to make it happen. Hence the crash and burn of my old chaptered fic.

Wait...

I'll fire you off a PM with the download info, I think Sp1derp1g didn't want it actually posted on the forums but I have the link.

I'm so excited to start reading other people's entries today! Get ready for some reviews, people.

Hot Limit

Oh, you can believe that most of the time I'm like you, but worse. I'm ADHD out the window, so if I'm not REALLY motivated to do something, it's very hard to make it happen. Hence the crash and burn of my old chaptered fic.

I'll fire you off a PM with the download info, I think Sp1derp1g didn't want it actually posted on the forums but I have the link.

I'm so excited to start reading other people's entries today! Get ready for some reviews, people.

Wow (that's what happened to my really old fics that I ended up deleting, haha).

Thank you! although it's taking a while for it to download

I can't wait to read the entries as well (however I'll have to do it on Friday because of homework-my procrastination is the main cause for it. Oh well). When is the last day to vote?

swampert55

All entries have been added to above post.

And guys i got an idea.

I support your idea, but this is not my area of expertise, so I won't interfere. Also, Sp1derp1g was active as late as two weeks ago, so I presume that he's still alive.

Yes, I've been so busy, I'm so glad that I'm still able to turn in my entry.

Wait...

I'm not getting B/W so no distractions here; I wrote almost all of my 5.5 page entry in one go. It seems that all of my writing turns out much longer than I thought, also I dislike writing dialogue so I write as many long descriptions as possible.

I can't wait to read the entries as well (however I'll have to do it on Friday because of homework-my procrastination is the main cause for it. Oh well). When is the last day to vote?

WARNING: 640mb file. All the files in the Advanceshipping Soundtrack folder are arranged in subfolders and I was annoyed by the lack of track list so I generated one using command ls -r > tracklist.txt (yay, Cygwin) which I have attached. So many spaces in file names, what was the guy thinking?

The last day to vote is Saturday, 12 March.

Last edited:

Hot Limit

All entries have been added to above post.

I support your idea, but this is not my area of expertise, so I won't interfere. Also, Sp1derp1g was active as late as two weeks ago, so I presume that he's still alive.

I'm not getting B/W so no distractions here; I wrote almost all of my 5.5 page entry in one go. It seems that all of my writing turns out much longer than I thought, also I dislike writing dialogue so I write as many long descriptions as possible.

WARNING: 640mb file. All the files in the Advanceshipping Soundtrack folder are arranged in subfolders and I was annoyed by the lack of track list so I generated one using command ls -r > tracklist.txt (yay, Cygwin) which I have attached. So many spaces in file names, what was the guy thinking?

The last day to vote is Saturday, 12 March.
That's smart. I know I shouldn't, but that's never stopped me before so I'll most likely get it. That's only ever happened once in my writing (I ended up deleting the entire thing). That's very admirable indeed.

Thank you for posting that tracklist!

Last edited:

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh

Ah, don't thank me! Fire off a quick PM to Sp1derp1g! He did the work, not me.

I'm not getting B/W so no distractions here;

^ This makes me better than you at fifth gen competitive battling, doesn't it? :p

I'm reading the entries now. Good work everybody, it's really hard to pick just one since I can't vote for myself :p

Hot Limit

Ah, don't thank me! Fire off a quick PM to Sp1derp1g! He did the work, not me.

^ This makes me better than you at fifth gen competitive battling, doesn't it? :p

I'm reading the entries now. Good work everybody, it's really hard to pick just one since I can't vote for myself :p

Well you gave me the link and told me about it, so thank you for that, but I'll be sure to thank sp1derp1g!

I'll have a bit of time today to read a few entries! xD

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
So it must that time, then? Happy Advanceshipping Day to all; and good luck on your one-shots.

swampert55

Winners of contest

So, Lord Zant and I have counted the votes (all three of them) and reached a conclusion. There is a tie among the following entries:

Long Distance
Behind the Yellow Line
Runners Up

Here are the other entries; although they didn't win, their authors deserve congratulations for completing them.

Together
Lost and Found
Music Box

Thank you for participating!

-2.4. Any SPPf member is eligible to vote. One (1) vote is allowed per user.

Why did I set that condition? I could have won!

katnissplant

A Really Weird Plant
Ahem, I for one absolutely love Advanceshipping.

And I'm am BURSTING WITH HAPPINESS that Advanceshipping Day is on my birthday.

Chaos_Umbreon

Advanceshipper!
Happy Belated Advanceshipping Day, only 2.5 hours late.

Seems it was a good thing that I checked the thread on Saturday otherwise there would have been only 2 votes:)

Surprisingly I could have voted for any of the 3 winning fics, it just so happens that the votes were all for different fics.

It's been ages since I last posted, I think it was the end of August. Well I have been fairly busy.

See Ya Around!

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Nice one-shots guys, I will definitley join the next contest! On another note, I wonder, will May ever make an appearence again in the anime?

Hot Limit

Wow, it's great to see so many people posting! xD Happy Advanceshipping Day everyone! xD

So, Lord Zant and I have counted the votes (all three of them) and reached a conclusion. There is a tie among the following entries:

Long Distance
Behind the Yellow Line
Runners Up

Here are the other entries; although they didn't win, their authors deserve congratulations for completing them.

Together
Lost and Found
Music Box

Thank you for participating!

Why did I set that condition? I could have won!
Great job you three! xD

Haha, I'm guessing that would have been my fault, right? :D

Nice one-shots guys, I will definitley join the next contest! On another note, I wonder, will May ever make an appearence again in the anime?

That's what we're hoping for!

Status
Not open for further replies.