• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
Haven't been too many in the past year though....most are pretty old.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Hey! I've been an avid fan of Advanceshipping for 2 years now. I am an ex-pokeshipper. May I join this discussion?

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
Welcome! Feel free to join in and look around...usually about a post or 2 a day, but the discussion gets around.

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
hey shippers
anyone know what episodes these sweet/cute scenes are from?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks

Picture one:
1) I think it was a Munchlax episode, I'm not too sure.
2)That one could be any episode, I have no idea. ._.
3) [Edit] All that Glitters is not Golden
4)This one has to be Pasta La Vista but it looks editted?
5) ...Wow, Im really bad at this. ._.
6) Shoot, I thought I knew this one as well. ^^;

Picture 2:
10) There's No Place Like Hoenn
11) Possibly a Grand Festival episode?
12) Date Expectations?
13) ...No idea
14) Once In A Mawile?
15) Date Expectations
16) One of the earlier ones, I think.

Picture 3:
Darn, I thought I knew this one, the Arcanine episode?

In conclusion, I don't watch as many AG episodes as I thought I did. Wow, some Advanceshipper I am. *ashamed* But that was kind of fun! Test your knowledge on your ship/ X3

Last edited:

swampert55

hey shippers

thanks

Picture one:
1) I think it was a Munchlax episode, I'm not too sure.
2)That one could be any episode, I have no idea. ._.
3) I love the animation for this but I also have no idea what episode. ^^;
4)This one has to be Pasta La Vista but it looks editted?
5) ...Wow, Im really bad at this. ._.
6) Shoot, I thought I knew this one as well. ^^;

Picture 2:
10) There's No Place Like Hoenn
11) Possibly a Grand Festival episode?
12) Date Expectations?
13) ...No idea
14) Once In A Mawile?
15) Date Expectations
16) One of the earlier ones, I think.

Picture 3:
Darn, I thought I knew this one, the Arcanine episode?

In conclusion, I don't watch as many AG episodes as I thought I did. Wow, some Advanceshipper I am. *ashamed* But that was kind of fun! Test your knowledge on your ship/ X3

1) Pasta La Vista.
2) I haven't any idea.
3) The Bicker the Better?
4) Seconded.
5) Love at First Flight.
6) ?

10) Seconded.
11) ?
12) Date Expectations.
13) True Blue Swablu?
14) ?
15) Seconded.
16) Gulpin It Down?

17) ?

I'm not a very good Advanceshipper, am I?

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Hello. I'm a seasoned Advanceshipper who abandoned his shipmates on their hour of need. Well, not really, but I'm still a seasoned shipper.
I'm currently in the iCarly fandom.

Have you ever heard a song that made you think of Advanceshipping? If so, what was it?

Geez, I picked the best time to return, eh? I am the creator of a huge list of songs that remind people of AS.

But if I had to choose, I'd choose Together We'll Make A Promise.

advance4ev

~Pure Awesomeness~
Wow haven't been here in looong time anyways ^^';
For the pics (sorry on phone and can't quote lol).
*going left to right*
1. Pasta la Vista
2. Looks like date expectations but idk :/
3. I wanna say that episode where May and Drew were watching the sunset *shudders lol. Idk the name though
4. Pasta la Vista
5. Actually I've been trying to look for that ep too ^^;
6. Looking for that ep too. If I had to guess that Arcanine ep. I'm probably waaay off lolz xD

10. Thirded lol
11. Heck idk lol
12. Date Expectations
13. Idk. But I think the scene involves Ash questioning like "are you sure?"And I thing may points her fingef all knowingly like and goes 'everythings gonna be alright' xD
14.Its the Ludicolo episode. Idk the name though :/
15. Date Expectaions
16. ? Ruin with a view???? I know that's not right xD
17. When she was practickng her first contest I think. I know Ash was encouraging her and after that she turned to Beautifly and practiced. Episode name? Idk

Eh I'm a little rusty xD

And for the song question. One that spoke out for me was 'Come Back to Me' by David Cook. The chorus goes
'So I'll let you go I'll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you. Come back to me'
Reminds me when May went to Johto to kind of find her style; and Ash let her go :'(. And when she found her style she came back YAY!!

Okay I'm blabbering too much now lolz

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Hi guys! sorry for the long abandonment. I got my list, buts its not finish. but there they are:

Anormaly = XxVintageModxX

Aura, A Lifetime Apart = Fallout96

Music Box = Wubbzy

Long Distance = Gaiash

Behind the Yellow Line = swampert55

I will review them when i can, slightly busy these days. I really do recommend these fanfics. They are the best ones i've come across yet. (that are new, not old)

And hi Vulpix-Misa, aren't you from the Ikarishipping tread? I've seen you somewhere before.

Last edited:

taeczy

1) Pasta La Vista.
2) I haven't any idea.
3) The Bicker the Better?
4) Seconded.
5) Love at First Flight.
6) ?

10) Seconded.
11) ?
12) Date Expectations.
13) True Blue Swablu?
14) ?
15) Seconded.
16) Gulpin It Down?

17) ?

Originally Posted by taeczy View Post
hey shippers

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6...ceshipping.jpg

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3930/38800903.png

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/686/44834201.png

if anyone can find number 6 and 3 it would be great. looking for that ep

vodor

Banned
;148;This ship still running ! I thought it shut down after Battle Frontier Saga
Honestly I am not a shipper, But I do kind a wish for Ash to have a Rommantic love life like Contestshipping and also like Ranma x Akane (Ranma 1/2), Kanata X Miyu (UFO Bady), Amoto (Shugo chara)
But unfortunately Neither Pokeshipping or Pearlshipping or Advanceshipping has the feeling I felt in them
Kind a make me mad that writer put's more affort on May's love life But hardly make's a move on Ash's love life
Plus, I don't like Drew.
Ever since Advance ChallengeAll I wanted is to See a Episode where Ash crush Drew Along with his Ego no matter what the outcome
But the the thing Writer avoided only to make Drew a perfect match For May
It's Riddiculas,I mean That guys already got the cutest pokegirl,So Is It too much for them to write a episode where Ash get even with him for his previous Defect ?
But Instate they have Ash beaten by Kenny, Dawn's lover
I don't get it, Ash get beaten by their lover but May/Dawn never got beaten by Ash's lover
For Ash's ''Happy Go Lucky" Personallity, I think he better suitted for a Tsundree ;040;
;040;A girl who treat him coldly, Insult him & even hit him but hide her true feeling;040;
I hope I didn't ended up breaking any rule & Ofending someone, I am not very good at english, I just saw a Advanceshipping form So I thought of expressing My thought about Advanceshipping
I am a non shipper really,It really does not matter who Ash end up with as long as It entertain me , I Do sometime show my support to Misty since I have been watching her for so long

I just don't hope Writer Planing on directly Have Ash Married to Misty or Any other girl without making a good romance
Anyway:587:I Am Sorry:587:

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
;148;This ship still running ! I thought it shut down after Battle Frontier Saga
Honestly I am not a shipper, But I do kind a wish for Ash to have a Rommantic love life like Contestshipping and also like Ranma x Akane (Ranma 1/2), Kanata X Miyu (UFO Bady), Amoto (Shugo chara)
But unfortunately Neither Pokeshipping or Pearlshipping or Advanceshipping has the feeling I felt in them
Kind a make me mad that writer put's more affort on May's love life But hardly make's a move on Ash's love life
Plus, I don't like Drew.
Ever since Advance ChallengeAll I wanted is to See a Episode where Ash crush Drew Along with his Ego no matter what the outcome
But the the thing Writer avoided only to make Drew a perfect match For May
It's Riddiculas,I mean That guys already got the cutest pokegirl,So Is It too much for them to write a episode where Ash get even with him for his previous Defect ?
I don't get it, Ash get beaten by their lover but May/Dawn never got beaten by Ash's lover
For Ash's ''Happy Go Lucky" Personallity, I think he better suitted for a Tsundree ;040;
;040;A girl who treat him coldly, Insult him & even hit him but hide her true feeling;040;
I hope I didn't ended up breaking any rule & Ofending someone, I am not very good at english, I just saw a Advanceshipping form So I thought of expressing My thought about Advanceshipping
I am a non shipper really,It really does not matter who Ash end up with as long as It entertain me , I Do sometime show my support to Misty since I have been watching her for so long

I just don't hope Writer Planing on directly Have Ash Married to Misty or Any other girl without making a good romance
Anyway:587:I Am Sorry:587:

I understand what you mean, I guess. It's kind of annoying how the hero would never get "the girl" because the hero is kind of stupid on that topic and the audience that pokemon is aimed towards kind of doesn't really care. I think all of us shippers would like something to happen with Ash. The most we are going to get are those girls that crush on him once every season (Anabel, Angie, Macy, etc.) But in the end, Ash still doesn't really care for love or romance, and I don't think he will ever change. (I hope he doesn't, it's part of his character to be so stupid. It's adorable.)

I also wish that Ash could defeat Drew and knock him down a few pegs. That guy is like near perfect and it pisses me off. I don't know why the animators gave May a main love interest (maybe because she's a girl and they were starting to attract a young female audience with the Contests?) but of all the characters, why did it have to be Drew? DX Not to make it an anti-Drew post, but, blah.

For Ash's ''Happy Go Lucky" Personallity, I think he better suitted for a Tsundree - A girl who treat him coldly, Insult him & even hit him but hide her true feeling
Which is why I ship him with Paul. XD Even though Paul isn't a girl.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Hi guys! sorry for the long abandonment. I got my list, buts its not finish. but there they are:

Anormaly = XxVintageModxX

Aura, A Lifetime Apart = Fallout96

Music Box = Wubbzy

Long Distance = Gaiash

Behind the Yellow Line = swampert55

I will review them when i can, slightly busy these days. I really do recommend these fanfics. They are the best ones i've come across yet. (that are new, not old)

And hi Vulpix-Misa, aren't you from the Ikarishipping tread? I've seen you somewhere before.
I must say I'm flattered to make your list. I'll be sure to read the others soon.

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
I understand what you mean, I guess. It's kind of annoying how the hero would never get "the girl" because the hero is kind of stupid on that topic and the audience that pokemon is aimed towards kind of doesn't really care. I think all of us shippers would like something to happen with Ash. The most we are going to get are those girls that crush on him once every season (Anabel, Angie, Macy, etc.) But in the end, Ash still doesn't really care for love or romance, and I don't think he will ever change. (I hope he doesn't, it's part of his character to be so stupid. It's adorable.)

I also wish that Ash could defeat Drew and knock him down a few pegs. That guy is like near perfect and it pisses me off. I don't know why the animators gave May a main love interest (maybe because she's a girl and they were starting to attract a young female audience with the Contests?) but of all the characters, why did it have to be Drew? DX Not to make it an anti-Drew post, but, blah.

Which is why I ship him with Paul. XD Even though Paul isn't a girl.

Anti-Drew post ftw. Main reason I can't stand Contestshipping....

...and to keep something about Advanceshipping in my post...

Yes, for once in his life Ash should "get the girl"; by gosh he deserves it, I think he's more than earned it after all this time.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
But I do kind a wish for Ash to have a Rommantic love life like Contestshipping
Hold on a second. There's no official romance in Contestshipping. You make it sound like May left to date Drew instead of the fact she went to challenge the contests in the same region as all three of her rivals.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've never seen May and Drew's relationship as a will-they-won't-they couple. They're just rivals who admire each other who just happen to be opposite genders. I'll avoid saying my opinions on the pairing itself or even Drew on his own because I tend to be a bit harsh about it.

Dawn and Kenny aren't dating. In fact out of all of Dawn's pairings I've seen her relationship with Zoey more of a romance (It's second to DawnXConway for my favourite Dawn pairing too).

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist

Oh hey, I didn't see that before. ^^; But to answer that, no. I've never stepped foot in the Ikarishipper thread, because, uh... *points at my signature* My top fav Pokemon ships.

They're just rivals who admire each other who just happen to be opposite genders.

I do second to that as well. But I guess anyone who has the mind of a shipper will immediately think so. (Or we're just Advanceshippers, so I don't think anyone is going to take our opinion of a rival pair seriously. Especially since it's so stupidly popular. Contestshipping is, that is.)

Say if Ash had a female rival, everyone would jump over that. ...By the way, why has that not happened yet? They introduced several girls that were just as stubborn as him and they hit it off pretty well despite their personalities.

ANYWAY, to keep this on topic, I have a question. ...Uh, you guys might want to brace yourselves for this though.

There have been many theories to who Ash's father is. Norman also happens to be a candidate. Norman is a strong trainer that is off on a far region. Norman has also displayed a somewhat dense side. (In Love! Petalburg Style!, when he offers to help Caroline with her bags.) Also, he has black hair and several people have mentioned how similar to Ash May was.

So the question is: Would you still support Advanceshipping if it is revealed that they actually are siblings?

Sorry to put a bad taste in anyone's mouth but it's been nagging in my mind for a while.

advance4ev

~Pure Awesomeness~
Would you still support Advanceshipping if it is revealed that they actually are siblings?

Lol the thought of Norman being Ash's dad came to my mind before. In fact I had an idea for a story based on them being siblings. (Too bad I'm terrible at writing lol) it would explain their giant appetites and love of food lol.
But to answer the question, I probably would still support it. They just have way too many cute moments together.
Plus if Norman was the dad, wouldn't they be like half siblings ot something? Soooo there's still a chance!! :D

Besides I really have nobody else to ship (at least not as dedicated as Advanceshipping)!!

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Please do not bash characters - it's against the rules of both this thread and the forum, and some of these posts are getting dangerously close.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've never seen May and Drew's relationship as a will-they-won't-they couple. They're just rivals who admire each other who just happen to be opposite genders. I'll avoid saying my opinions on the pairing itself or even Drew on his own because I tend to be a bit harsh about it.
I hate to be the one to say this, but Contestshipping was very heavily implied at the end of the Battle Frontier saga. To say it wasn't is to show extreme bias against Contestshipping. You're right that it wasn't officially made canon, but it was definitely shown that May and Drew had some chemistry. If anything I'd say "will-they-won't-they" is one of the best terms to describe it at that point in the show.

My problem with the Battle Frontier saga is that May seemed to do a complete 180 in terms of her personality. Just watch - around 1/4 of the way through the BF she stops being the girl who used to be happy-go-lucky and instead is 100% contest contest contest. She was driven in Hoenn, sure, but it was as if she thought of nothing else during their Kanto adventures, and that irritated me. Honestly there were some episodes of the BF that felt like I was watching bad fanfiction with how OOC May suddenly became (and even Ash to an extent - like the episode where Drew basically tells his Absol that it's a terrible Pokemon, and Ash's response is "lol hey it's fine I get mad too sometimes!" - complete opposite of how he reacted to similar situations in the past, like with AJ in early Indigo).

That being said, the BF is canon, and we can't refute the things that happened in it. The last few episodes were definitely hinting at Contestshipping as a big possibility, but it was not made official. It was left for the fans to interpret how they'd like.

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
Please do not bash characters - it's against the rules of both this thread and the forum, and some of these posts are getting dangerously close.

Yeah, I'll have to agree; in hindsight, we were crossing the line there.

[edit] Btw....how's that next chapter coming?

I hate to be the one to say this, but Contestshipping was very heavily implied at the end of the Battle Frontier saga. To say it wasn't is to show extreme bias against Contestshipping. You're right that it wasn't officially made canon, but it was definitely shown that May and Drew had some chemistry. If anything I'd say "will-they-won't-they" is one of the best terms to describe it at that point in the show.

My problem with the Battle Frontier saga is that May seemed to do a complete 180 in terms of her personality. Just watch - around 1/4 of the way through the BF she stops being the girl who used to be happy-go-lucky and instead is 100% contest contest contest. She was driven in Hoenn, sure, but it was as if she thought of nothing else during their Kanto adventures, and that irritated me. Honestly there were some episodes of the BF that felt like I was watching bad fanfiction with how OOC May suddenly became (and even Ash to an extent - like the episode where Drew basically tells his Absol that it's a terrible Pokemon, and Ash's response is "lol hey it's fine I get mad too sometimes!" - complete opposite of how he reacted to similar situations in the past, like with AJ in early Indigo).

That being said, the BF is canon, and we can't refute the things that happened in it. The last few episodes were definitely hinting at Contestshipping as a big possibility, but it was not made official. It was left for the fans to interpret how they'd like.

Well put; I do hate how around a 4th of the way through the battle frontier they changed the characters voices, so all of a sudden Ash sounds like he's permanently stuck in puberty and May suddenly sounds not like a 10 yr old or a 12 yr old but a 20 or 30 yr old...I remember watching the first episode and thinking "lol.....wait....wait...what? wait....something ain't right here...."

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

I agree. I believe Drew and May won't be able to be in the couple romance situation because they see each other as rivals, nothing more. Their relationship is a rival vs rival situation. I can't see them more than that. I believe their rival relationship kinda stops them from becoming lovers. And May spends more time with Ash anyway. hehe. <3

Would you still support Advanceshipping if it is revealed that they actually are siblings?

Lol, of course. It would be fun. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.