• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Do you think Ash x Iris (Negaishipping) is more of a threat to Advanceshipping than previous Ash x girl pairs?

Pfftt, no way. simply because its still new and way to early to see it as a treat. I mean Iris touching Ash's shoulder for five seconds or less is no way of a treat than Ash and Misty blushing. Pokeshipping is way more bigger of a treat than Negia.

If you could choose a main character from anime to become an Advanceshipper, who would you choose and why?

I believe Max could be one if the writers pushed his childish personality more by teasing her sister everything Ash and May were alone together, but nope. The writers never thought of that. >.>

But i believe Brock could be one as well as Ash's mother, Delia.

And oh yeah, I'm back. =)

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Well personally, I dislike Negaishipping and Pokeshipping, simply because Misty and Iris seem like older sister characters.. With Advanced/Pearlshipping, Dawn and May seem more Ash's age, and less putting down of him. Ofc, I support Advanceshipping all the way, and I believe if Brock and Dawn, or Delia and Caroline became Advanceshippers, those pairs could devise such wonderful schemes.. Come on guys, advanceshipping will remain as one of the best ships of all time, because of the plethora of hints left by producers. I, along with someone else in the Shipping Fics section are working on Advanceshipping fics, so it is by no means dead :p Plus, RSE remakes are in the not-to-distant future, and I can't wait to see May again! It's been waay too long..

TanktheAggron

I'm a Damn Aggron!
Where'd the activity go? Guess we better change to a new topic!

What do you prefer, large hints like the majority of Movie 9, or small hints, like May often being close to Ash and whatnot?
Personally, I'm kind of in the middle, I like some of the large hints a lot, but some small hints are great too!

Also, I recently read elsewhere that after nearly every moment of Contestshippiness, there is a significantly more important moment of Advanceshippiness. It blew my mind, it seems to be true!

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
What do you prefer, large hints like the majority of Movie 9, or small hints, like May often being close to Ash and whatnot?
For me, it depends on the ship, some of my ships barely have anything big. But big things are always welcome!

Although the majority of movie 9 was very Advanceshippy, the only BIG scene I can think of are the Luvdisc and the capsule scene. Everything else would kind of be categorized as "the little things" like in movie 8. But big scenes must be my fav, like that one in Date Expectations. =w=

Not sure about Contestshipping hints thing because I don't look for those. >.>

TanktheAggron

I'm a Damn Aggron!
What I meant by the contestshippy things is that Ash is typically there when Drew gives May a rose, I heard he interupted May and Drew after the grand festival (hoenn) to give May ice cream, and so on.
Trust me, I don't go searching for CS stuff either, dislike that ship a fair bit. Either way, it always seems that Ash ends up one-upping Drew :3

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Honestly, that was my favorite movie. I won't lie, the Darkrai one was also good, but somehow movie 9 keeps popping into my head. I had actually left Pokèmon, because I lost my NDS, and was no longer able to play RSE, DPPt, or BW and part of the reason I was here was because of my strong connection to my team- I always dreamed of having my team IRL, which is what inspired me to write fanfics.

^ Very off topic, but I don't know :)

How do you think the best way would be to bring Ash and May together?

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
Well, Ash is never going to get it himself so we need to recruit the help from all his old girlfriends. And Max. And our Love Doctor Brock. In a cliched scenario, they would make the two go on a date and they would stalk them. And of course, since Ash isn't going to make a move, they'll mess him up, like push him closer to her or something.

I think the best way in character would have them participate in a tag double battle, so Ash would be able to realize how good a partner May is and they'll kick butt as an awesome team. Or something.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I have never seen the Thread like this :(

I guess most of the people are busy with highschool/college.

The best idea coming upto my mind is to arrange an eating competition between the two.

I have never seen the Thread like this :(

Me too, guess I'd better post here then! Loong time lurker here, though :)

I think that just having them meet up would be enough (in my mind). They'd both say how much they'd missed each other and travel together again :)

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
I guess most of the people are busy with highschool/college.

This.

I like the eating competition idea, but I also would love to see them have a contest rematch - their last one ended in a tie after all.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer

I'd like to see them in a double battle contest working together as a team. I was hoping that there would be a similar event to the intro movie of Advanced Challenge during May's cameo in DP, but Dawn stole the stage and there was no opportunity for them to fight together. Big disappointment, and I doubt it'll ever happen at this stage, but it's nice to dream (and no, I don't consider Bicker the Better a real double battle where they worked together).

I'm not sure if this would be the best way for them to get together, but the fact that they'd be working as a team and synchronizing their thoughts would be a good start, at least. I'm sure it would bring them closer together certainly more so than they are now.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

A eating contest does sound about right. They both love food and they could probably gulp down the whole thing each.

TanktheAggron

I'm a Damn Aggron!

I say that they promote the (hopefully soon to come) RSE remakes by sending Ash to Hoenn and then have him travelling with May some more. Because holy crap Ash is rocketing through B/W.

Nekaku

I say that they promote the (hopefully soon to come) RSE remakes by sending Ash to Hoenn and then have him travelling with May some more. Because holy crap Ash is rocketing through B/W.

That would be awesome

Nauran

Because holy crap Ash is rocketing through B/W.

Good golly gosh, you're right!
Something's gotta give...

What do you prefer; large hints like the majority of Movie 9, or small hints like May often being close to Ash and whatnot?
Don't be silly. The only real hints that matter are the large hints, which AdvanceShipping has a surprisingly good amount of, possibly only second to PokeShipping.

I mean, it isn't called the Shipping Wars for nothing. The only way the AdvanceShip can make port faster is through the biggest hints, variously found in the ninth movie (a cornerstone in Pokemon shipping history), throughout the AG saga and hopefully in the future.

Out of all ships, AdvanceShipping has had two ships created, while it was in its original saga, that have gone on to have good fanbases which base their foundations on strong, canonical evidence. No other ship but AdvanceShipping has had two other rival ships with such strong support in its way. Those two being...

[spoil][IMGSIZE=300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x368/AshtonNauran/zzzccada36a8374e5f1c4900a6cbe06ba09.jpg[/imgsize][IMGSIZE=300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x368/AshtonNauran/zzz.jpg[/imgsize]
ContestShipping and AbilityShipping.[/spoil]

What other features keeps AdvanceShipping unique from other ships?

Last edited:

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
I don't watch BW, but if an RSE remake causes a May return, I will definitely take a look at the cameo. I thought her cameo episodes were lacking in DP, but a lot of people were pleased with them. We did get to see the ribbon be reunited, after all.

No other ship but AdvanceShipping has had two other rival ships with such strong support in its way. Those two being...[/SIZE]
ContestShipping and AbilityShipping.
I don't keep up with Abilityshipping, but I'd disagree that it has such strong support versus other rival ships. For example, I'd say Penguinshipping and Ikarishipping are much more popular than Ability. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling that I get when I look over the forums, or at least back in DP when I frequented this place more often.

advance4ev

~Pure Awesomeness~
Wow you guys this thread is becoming really REALLY dead ;_; Of course I can't say much since I've been gone too >_<
Anyways the topic:
I really love how in this shipping, the interaction between them is so equal. Like both Ash and May have done something to add hints, rather it being so one-sided like Abilityshipping was imo. May would talk about love then next episode Ash would awkwardly stare at her eating lol. I also love how all the hints were spreaded out throughout the saga. Unlike other ships where they have one hint and then they separate for +15 episodes, Advanceshipping had a bunch of variations of big hints and even the little tiny ones. Soooo.....yeahhh
Gah I hate ranting!! Anyways hopefully this banner will get your guys' spirits up!! It's my first one!! What you guys think? I can handle critism and would really love advise >u<
I hope I did this right because I'm bad with putting things up >_<

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

Large simply because other shippers can't make a silly reason to not consider it a hint. The more larger the hint the more proof they like one another or have deep feelings to one another and a less effective argument from other shippers.

I don't consider hints of May and Ash standing together for two seconds. I mean how does that prove that a hint? If that is a hint i should not stand next to my best friends for too long or else that means i like them. >.>

Well i believe its when Ash stares at May no matter if its her eating or singing like in movie 6. Do you notice how long he stares at her? I haven't seen him do that with the others girls so far. But please correct me if i'm wrong. Also their dialogue they both share can be a advanceshipping feature if you really think about it. Just simple things like Ash making May feel much better can be advanceshipping.

RSE remakes. hands down. I mean there is a good chance May might make another appearance because of this. I mean i doubt they will make a new character that will only make a appearance for 5 episodes only. I have a feeling the writers are tired of making new characters for a short amount of time. eg: Lyra.

Oh and yeah, I'm back. yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.