• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Man, it's been a while everyone. I haven't logged into Serebii for ages! With the rumors of RSE remakes getting stronger, my passion for Pokemon has been renewed! I played BW and DPP but I could never capture the same feelings I had while playing RSE. While it was saving Prof. Birch, beating the twins, or catching Rayquaza, I have yet to experience that feeling of really "being in the game", and I hope the remakes will help there.

I agree. I believe Hoenn was one of the best pokemon games ever. It just has this different feeling compared to BW and DP. I'm not saying they were bad games but there is just something with Hoenn that the creators have done and haven't done in the others. I hope they keep that same feeling with the remakes.

Most likely we will have news on the Hoenn remakes after BW2, tbh, i never expected a sequel to BW. I wonder if N will come back? *is super excited.*

Anyways, along with that comes a passion to write fanfiction. I truly believe that this is the truest, most believable ship ever - Misty seems like more of a big sister, Dawn seems like a little sister, and Iris seems like.. a mentor? Out of all the interactions Ash has had with a female heroine, the ones with May have been the purest, most intimate ones. From basking under the awe of the Millenium Comet, when Ash heroically risked his life to save Manaphy, and the Water Temple and May was clutching her heart, praying in the escape pod, or the many, many times people had called them a couple, they were probably the strongest team of all. We must carry on the legacy of advanceshipping, and make sure that it never dies out.

That means your going to finish Aura senses? I love that fic.

I see Iris as a good friend, she isn't a mentor like Misty is. Her and Ash are pretty much on the same page. Yes, i agree. Ash acted so different with May, he was mature yet funny. In Sinnoh, he was mature, in BW is funny. I love pokemon because there was a mixture of Ash's maturity and his funny lines and actions. I miss that Ash so much.

Amen.

"A good friend left me and, I miss her, every day... but I... I know we'll always be friends forever!"

That's from movie six? the dubbed version right? silly dubbers, they only added that. It was never mentioned like that in the jap version.

We can safetly say this about a few things - The Advanced Generation Anime, May as a main character, Hoenn, Brock, but most importantly the golden age of this ship. Let's work to bring that age back to life.

Your fellow advanceshipper,
Wuster

Amen.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
So I'm guessing it is sorta dead at the moment? It'll probably pick up during June/July/August again hopefully :)

Adelaide1994

The Theorizer
Well Wuster and midnightjewelz, its understandable that this thread has died down a bit. Sadly, since Haruka's departure into the unknown, lots of AdvanceShippers around here really cant look for a new topic to discuss. Its been nearly 6 years since Haruka left, so its up to the shippers to prolong this thread. I like this thread better than the first one though. There have been really good discussions and I explored the first thread and found the first 350 pages to be a spambox(no offense). Stay strong and continue the activity on here guys :). Its up to you shippers to keep this pairing alive. The Pearl thread's activity has gone down a tad since 2010, and even we are hoping to break the shackles. On the other hand, I was thinking about creating a topic for you guys to discuss.

What episodes in the Advance Generation saga do you think made AdvanceShipping or SatoHaru first blatant in your eyes?

For me, It would have to be "The Bicker The Better". I have not seen the RAW version of this episode, but I can say that this episode was the first one that instilled the thought of Ash and May together into the heads of viewers. Ash and May fought like a cute couple throughout and I found it weird when Ash actually knew what was going on when Oscar and Andi actually called them a happy couple. It almost made me believe that he wasnt all that dense.

Last edited:

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Well Wuster and midnightjewelz, its understandable that this thread has died down a bit. Sadly, since Haruka's departure into the unknown, lots of AdvanceShippers around here really cant look for a new topic to discuss. Its been nearly 6 years since Haruka left, so its up to the shippers to prolong this thread. I like this thread better than the first one though. There have been really good discussions and I explored the first thread and found the first 350 pages to be a spambox(no offense). Stay strong and continue the activity on here guys :). Its up to you shippers to keep this pairing alive. The Pearl thread's activity has gone down a tad since 2010, and even we are hoping to break the shackles. On the other hand, I was thinking about creating a topic for you guys to discuss.

Yes that is true but that doesn't give anyone the reason to lose hope and die. And May didn't really leave for the unknown, she is still in Johto in the grand festival. If she won or not is the question so while May is still out there going to furfill her dream means there will be a chance for Ash and May to cross paths one day; when it will happen is anyone's guess. Misty has been gone for nearly 9 and the pokeshippers are still strong so we shouldn't find any excuse to give up. I mean (no offence to CS) but advanceshipping is a little more alive since there haven't been any new hints for CS since '06. Also BW1 showed May's wooden figurine she gave to Ash so even if she might not make a BW apperence the writers haven't forgotten her, and they have done that with the use of the gift she gave to Ash and Ash sees its importance in it.

I'll shut up now. XD

What episodes in the Advance Generation saga do you think made AdvanceShipping or SatoHaru first blatant in your eyes?

The episodes where Andi and Oscar (i think) else called May and Ash a couple. They even said when two people work really well together they will eventually fall in love with one another. It was a advanceshippers dream episodes because it lasted for the whole half hour. I think i couldn't stop smileing. And a few episodes after that, the Donphan episodes and Bulbasaur epi (with all the other grass types) just made me so happy. Oh, why can't it happen again?!

For me, It would have to be "The Bicker The Better". I have not seen the RAW version of this episode, but I can say that this episode was the first one that instilled the thought of Ash and May together into the heads of viewers. Ash and May fought like a cute couple throughout and I found it weird when Ash actually knew what was going on when Oscar and Andi actually called them a happy couple. It almost made me believe that he wasnt all that dense.

I agree, when i heard Ash (and May) yelled "We are not a couple!" I was like 'Ash knows what a couple means?' I think it was the first time i was shocked to see that Ash knew what a couple meant and was slightly convinced he wasn't as dense as he is in BW. (and its annoying me that he is like his old Kanto self all over again.)

Last edited:

advance4ev

~Pure Awesomeness~
Hey you all, certainly been a while since I've came here ^^;;

I think I started losing faith in this shipping after DP. I was seriously thinking that Ash would be at home and that all the previous characters (including Dawn) would arrive a Ash's house and visit and THEN he leaves for Unova. But I was mistaken and that was probably the first time I thought "May isn't gonna come back".
At least he had the Teddiursa figurine on his most prized valuables. Shows how much May means to Ash. Not only that, but it shows how the writers haven't COMPLETELY forgotten about May. And for a bonus, Ash didn't place his ribbon next to his things so we can ASSUME that Ash still has his half ribbon with him ^ O ^
On the whole dying out of the forums, sadly whenever I see this place now it's just become so....dead. Heck, at one point I even thought about completely abandoning this forum (not the shipping, just this forum) and just let it die out eventually. True, sadly, and I'm completely ashamed for having such thoughts.
But as I see people still not giving up and that make me think how strong they are :3
So the people who remained strong and dedicated to this forum, I thank you super duper much.
And @Adelaide1994 thanks for hearing that little part on the status of Pearlshipping's forum. It helped me realize that we are not the only ship struggling. Heck, I can't even imagine what the Contestshippers are going through, seeing as both characters don't necessarily have a status. May showed up back in '08, but not much hinting at Contestshipping (unless you count that Drew was watching the Wallace Cup o_O).

Okay enough of the sad mumbo jumbo!! Topic time!!

Well seeing as I didn't start watching AG until the very end, I'd probably say I guess Date Expecttions. When I saw Ash become so serious and dedicated to having May follow her dream, and that he would even take over her responsibilities, I thought that something was up. I've never seen Ash so mature in my life and seeing that he was willing to risk his life (when the Donphan attacked) for this girl, who I barely knew at the time, made me question their relationship status. I was thinking "I don't think he would have done that for Misty (I seriously can't see that happening), so this girl must be very special to him". :33
Although if I started watching AG from the very beginning, I'd definitely have to agree with The Bicker the Better. Plus, with the next two episodes being Advanceshippy you can't really argue with that ;PP
Wow I thought the same!! I was thinking, "Okay Ash is gonna be all 'whats a couple' and everyone's gonna facepalm or faceplant xD" but no, he ACTUALLY knew it!?! :O
Quite honestly, I felt he was probably the most mature/least dense during AG/BF(maybe to swoon a little girl in red ;DD)

Guess while we're on the topic of hints, which I guess this question could be the same answer ^3^

What was your favorite Advanceshipping moment?

*is prepared that everyone's brains will explode ;P*

AlexTheRose

Runs a damn website
Replay~

Uhm, hello? Anyone here? Hi! It's me, remember? I originally wanted to reserve my username here, but decided to join in on the discussion anyway.

Definitely those vague and unidentifiable episodes of AG that I saw when I was like 3… no doubt XD. Once I actually gained a consciousness in the Pokémon fandom, I'd have to say it was the early episodes a lot for me, and The Bicker The Better only doubled it for me. Unlike some, Movie 9 didn't do much for me, possibly because I was too deeply wedged into the fandom (to the point where I am now) when I first fully absorbed it for its worth. Before I watched it in the past months, I had only seen it on TV once. It really kind of knocked my imagination for their voices aside when I watched it, and I think Jack could've been a lot nicer, and a lot less arrogant – acting like he's someone else ;).

Hot Limit

Hi fellow Advanceshippers! How is everyone?

I haven't been here in a long time, but schools been taking its toll on me.

However, all this talk about Advanceshipping being dead really saddened me. :( So, I thought to come by and try to help the cause and bring it to life and maybe have the discussion pick up some!

Haha, I remember when I was a kid, I immediately thought they were good together when I first watched the AG series (first episode, haha). Well, in all seriousness, I have to say that I agree with many who have said "The Bicker the Better" is the episode that made it first seem quite obvious. However, I'd like to point out that it was the second season in the AG series that first gave a LOT of the more blatant moments (or in my opinion, the best ones).

I think my head really will explode, since I don't have a favorite, haha. I pretty love every moment. xD Anything with Advanceshipping is my favorite.

advance4ev

~Pure Awesomeness~
Yah that's also a reason why I have came back to these forums. I'll try to come in as often as I can to express thee Advanceshipping love x33
We must not give up Advanceshippers!!!!! We have a chock full of hints (and probably some that we have yet to notice) and a wonderful community and we can do it!!!! :DD

....darn I suck at this motivational crap -____-;;

Haha believe me, my brain exploded as I try to think of this too!! I think in general, I love the moments that expresses Ash's feelings towards May than say the other way around. So I guess anytime that Ash is protecting her and bring her 'hero' in a sense. Especially when Ash placed May in Phantom's capsule thing in Movie 9. I mean, May could have easily helped Ash save the temple. But Ash needed to know that SHE would be safe and come back alive, even if that means risking his own life and not seeing her again. As long as she was safe, he would be happy.
But of course, that's what I'm assuming :pP
I also really love the moment when Ash and May finally placed their ribbons together in Sinnoh and how May said it was her good luck charm <3. Two halves finally becoming a whole.
I had a freakin spaz attack when I saw that xDD

Hmmmm, another topic to continue our dicussion??

If Ash and May got together, what would your reaction be??

I can't wait to see all of your guy's lovely answers ^____^

Satoshi<3

Love thy Satoshi

As in see each other in the pokemon series? I would be estatic! I mean, wouldn't it be cute if they reuinted again, beaming brightly torwards one another and exchanging I missed yous and laughing together like thier old times in Hoenn? It would call for a lot of Advanceshipping momments we could all melt to. Also I would imagine pulling thier ribbons out together and smiling to one each other as they esclaime, "Still have it with me for luck!" So in other words I'd be so happy!

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

I would fangirl of course. no other expression of mine than express advanceshipping if they got together.

My brain was already exploded before this topic came along. XD Well i can't sum it to one but whenever there were moments that Ash and May were together was good enough to make me smile and when movie nine came along i think i died and when to heaven multiple times

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Yet again, no matter how hard I try, I can't let myself kill off the advanceshiiping side of me.
It's been so long since I've been here. And I regret stopping myself to post here.

If Ash and May got together, what would your reaction be?

I don't know.. Tears of Joy maybe?

Getting to watch all those hints that have been dropped in the show. Most recently, reading fan-fics that blow my mind.

Satoshi<3

Love thy Satoshi
New question xD

When listening to music do you ever daydream about Ash and May? If so what song(s)?

xD This has been happening to me like always, so I thought I might make a question out of it. SO yeah when I'm listening to music I often float inside the walls of my brain and end up day dreaming about May and Ash. May it be in AMV format, a story that just happens to go with the song I'm listening to, or just thinking how cute they are because of the song I often do find myself doing this. Songs...Well recently I was listening to ET by Katy Perry and that brought out some perverted thoughts, the scientist by Coldplay which made me think of Ash and May if I were to make an AMV with them, then last would have to be Sleep by Imogen Heap (which brought me back to when I was writing my previous fic stars xD)

FinalSynFrey

When listening to music do you ever daydream about Ash and May? If so what song(s)?
Sometimes. The one song that I think of Ash and May is "Together We Make a Promise" from Pokemon Rangers: And the Temple of the Sea~ ^_^
In my perspective, Ash and May are so cute together! :)

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

Yes, badly. It's a bad habit. like in Church. XD Normally they are ballads or pop love songs. Although i was listening to The One That Got Away by Katy Perry that got me into Ringer. But yes, listening to ballads just make Advanceshipping feel more canon. XD

FinalSynFrey

Yes, badly. It's a bad habit. like in Church. XD Normally they are ballads or pop love songs. Although i was listening to The One That Got Away by Katy Perry that got me into Ringer. But yes, listening to ballads just make Advanceshipping feel more canon. XD
Aha, same here! xD

P.S, we need to keep this thread active. Seems like the other shipping have more posts than this :/

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Aha, same here! xD

P.S, we need to keep this thread active. Seems like the other shipping have more posts than this :/

Well most of the members here are very old and are busy. They'll come and go from time to time. and then before we know it, this tread is alive for a few days. XD

FinalSynFrey

Well most of the members here are very old and are busy. They'll come and go from time to time. and then before we know it, this tread is alive for a few days. XD

Yeah, I understand about them being busy and stuff. Yet, the newer shipping (NegaiShipping) has more posts than this. I guess not many people support AS, but I still do and so does the people who do support It! :D

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
I don't daydream after may and ash when i listen to music

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Yeah, I understand about them being busy and stuff. Yet, the newer shipping (NegaiShipping) has more posts than this. I guess not many people support AS, but I still do and so does the people who do support It! :D

We shouldn't judge a ship by how many posts they have. It's like judgeing a story because of how many reviews it has. There will always be more readers than the reviwers. Negia is a new ship and of course if will have more posts. There is plenty to talk about and Unova hasn't finished yet.

But this shouldn't discourage us.

Status
Not open for further replies.