• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

S. Muffin

If it really was a sign, that would be awesome xD But I agree with Gengar, I doubt the show will ever choose a pairing in the end.

What real life occupation do you think the couple would have had if they existed here?
I think about this all the time, because I love writing AU fics! Ash and May would probably choose professions that would be challenging yet rewarding, and of course allow them to travel a lot - something regarding business maybe. In one fic that I wrote, though, I made Ash a successful architect and May an aspiring concert pianist. There's a lot you could choose from, and I think those two match their personalities as well as their ambitious nature, nomadic nature. May could travel the country performing beautiful music with a concert band or orchestra (this really reminds me of her performances on the Contest stage, which is like Pokemon battling as art, ya know?), while Ash could design skyscrapers and 5 star restaurants all over the globe!

Last edited:

Cefeus12

I have seen a fic with latias fighting bayleef and may just walking in and taking ash without them noticing intill hours passed. I don't remember the name though

The Shiny Gengar

Magically Delicious
What real life occupation do you think the couple would have had if they existed here?

They'd probably be the proud owners of a successful food chain. XD

They'd call it... Mash...

XD

The Shiny Gengar

Magically Delicious
If Giovanni found out Ash was his son, how would that affect advanceshipping?

I think Beastmode will figure that out for us. He loves Giovanni the same way I like Harley XD

Either way, I'll be looking forward to when he writes that fic. :D

S. Muffin

They'd probably be the proud owners of a successful food chain. XD

They'd call it... Mash...

XD

That would be awesome! I definitely see that as a possibility, too. The two of them would be great restaurant owners or managers. Perhaps in the real world May can be in charge of running the restaurant, Ash can design it and have it built, Brock can help the two of them design a menu since he's a good chef, and then they'll have it up and running and make lots of yummy food!

Lol, their signature side dish could be MASH...ed potatoes xD

Last edited:

The Shiny Gengar

Magically Delicious
Indeed, and like Mix0r said, their special would be ramen.

Which hints would you tweak up to make advanceshipping canon?

Somebody said that after Ash saved the water temple, May would kiss him. What if she did right before he closed the capsule door?

And then after he saved them all, they'd kiss again.

More hints for us XD

The Shiny Gengar

Magically Delicious
Would Ash/May realise/delveop their feelings for each other when May/Ash left for Johto/Sinnoh? Or when they travelled together?

Probably while they're apart, they'd miss each other like crap.

If Ash didn't mentor may, how would their lives be different?

If Ash hadn't mentored May, she would have never gotten good at being a trainer. She still wants to travel the world though, so she continues to follow Ash.

So she never takes part in contests

She never meets Drew

She never meets Harley D:

Without having the talents of a trainer, May would probably be a lot more dependent on Ash, and if she didn't go home, she'd have went with him to Sinnoh

So basically, mentoring screwed us over, although May wouldn't be as cool without it...

swampert55

I see May as a photojournalist given her love for travel and that camera thing that she did occasionally. Ash's occupation is more difficult to envision, but I would go with a pilot or something similar.

S. Muffin

Would Ash/May realise/develop their feelings for each other when May/Ash left for Johto/Sinnoh? Or when they travelled together?
I mean, I'm sure some sort of initial feelings may have developed during their travels together, but I don't think any of them would be totally romantic at first. They're still significant feelings, of course, like feelings of mutual trust, respect, friendship, and even love, though the platonic kind in this case. But I think these feelings would serve as the base for future, much stronger feelings of attraction to develop on top of after the two went their separate ways.

And, like Gengar said, being apart means that they would miss each other when they weren't together, which could also cause them to start looking at each other in a new light.

The Shiny Gengar

Magically Delicious
If May had a problem with Ash, what would that most likely be?

I've always seen May to be a bit a clean freak (idk, maybe I'm crazy) and I'm guessing Ash isn't the same way. It's be like my parents, May would have to train Ash to clean up after himself.

Cefeus12

anybody knows anything about May's return to pokemon?

Well nothing has been said but if may returns it would be when r/s/e remakes come out

The Shiny Gengar

Magically Delicious
Anybody knows anything about May's return to Pokemon?

Our chance would be when the remakes for Ruby and Sapphire come out (Which they will eventually, just wait)

And I've though about this, Misty reappeared in the Advance Generation at least twice. Three times is you count the Special Mirage Episode. And even appeared a fourth time, making a brief appearance watching Ash's battles during the Hoenn League. May only came back once (Not to mention Max hasn't reappeared at all), she should return again for all the May fans.

If not, I predict at the end of the anime (If that ever ends) She, along with Ash's other friends, will make an appearance.

Aurareader FF

The Fortune Teller
Anybody knows anything about May's return to Pokemon?

When the R/S/E remakes come out she'll make an appearance in the anime, if not.....

Then probably to beat Dawn at the Wallace Cup or seomthing.....

The Shiny Gengar

Magically Delicious
@Aura, agreed, we need a rematch where May wins!

The couple has a baby. What would you prefer the gender to be? Give him/her a name.

*cough*Life as a King*cough*

Last edited:

The Shiny Gengar

Magically Delicious
When, not if, May comes back how it will affect the journey?

Well I would love for her to start traveling with Ash again. But that probably won't be happening :(

At the very least, when they say goodbye, they should embrace, that be epic...

And maybe Ash could get another souvenir to remember May by, and she would promise to see him again soon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.