• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I think the song in question is "Together We Make a Promise" ending theme from Movie 9. More obscure than the examples you gave, but it's there nonetheless.

i love that for the super shippy moments of AS shipping. as for a theme song, i just always thought that "unbeatable" was the best AS song out of all four of them.

"they can never win but they sure can try." could mean obstacles (they) ash and may have to face in their relationship. "i'm unbeatable" could be ash and may incomplete harmony so that using "i" instead of "me" is acceptable. they can't be beat nor defeated because their love is strong. plus, it's just the best one. the song is fun and cool, and the video is the best because it has all the characters and final evo's and just everything.

[video]http://pokemonepisode.org/episode-369-clamperl-of-wisdom/#video[/video]

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
Hello, I'd like to join the AdvanceShipping Discussion, is there any sort of Application I have to fill out or sign-up questions to answer? Or do I just begin posting? =O

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Hello, I'd like to join the AdvanceShipping Discussion, is there any sort of Application I have to fill out or sign-up questions to answer? Or do I just begin posting? =O

we're an accepting community, so just post as often as like. the only rule related to posting is no double-posting, but I'm sure you already knew that

Greatemboar

The White Warrior
Well if anyone here has watched pokemon M09 (ranger and the temple of the sea) there is scenes that would hint at Ash and May being a good couple the one off the top is my head is when ash shoves May, Pikachu and Manaphy into the capsule when Samiya is sinking while he goes back to try and save everyone yet he could have died.

sailormikumoon

I don't know if this question has already been asked, but I'm going with it.

What, in your opinion, makes Advanceshipping most plausible?

Discuss, nya~

Zubeon

I don't know if this question has already been asked, but I'm going with it.

Discuss, nya~

Clarification:

1) What factor makes Advance most plausible?

or

2) Why is Advance more plausible than others?

I'm going to answer number 1 -The similarities of their personalities, and the fact that their relationship was positive from the start as opposed to the previous, more antagonistic beginning to Ash's time with Misty.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."

Well, their friendship is a relationship I have not seen from any of the current girls in the anime. Misty, was more demanding and tomboy and there were times where she yelled to get things done but towards the end, she calm down and the two left on a good note. But for Misty it was a heartbreaking one.Dawn and Ash had that mentor-relationship Ash shared with May but it still didn't have that bond or relationship I loved Ash and May shared. Not to add Dawn's character just dropped after the Wallace Cup and suddenly come back towards the end. Iris was like Misty but in a childish manner, she wasn't yelling or tomboy. She was simply a wild child. Still, I don't understand why she followed Ash. It's not like he burnt her bike. xD

Maybe because they have so much in common that seeing them together is not totally impossible. Early in AG both where going to challenge gyms together until May was introduced to Contests. Also they have a huge passion in food and even though we didn't see Ash's giant desire in food as much like in the past, he certainly made up for in with May by his side. Also both seem to agree on many things without turning it into a argument like we have seen with both Misty and Iris.

So the bond Ash and May throughout AG and BF was truly a one of a kind and I can't see myself shipping another pairing as much as I do with Advance. Ash and May shared something so unique and true that will make other pairings hard to meet.

Last edited:
-Ash decided to take May under his wing and inspired her to like Pokemon
-May wasn't as hot-tempered as Kanto!Misty was so her and ash got along well.:p
-For some reason Max just screams as being the little kid who either tease his sister for liking Ash or maybe looks out on what's best for her to be in a relationship w/ (Ash/Drew), I prefer the latter since I see Max as more mature than May, just saiyan...:T
-If it weren't for Ashy-boy, May would be as clueless as a brick when it comes to Pokemon.XP
-Refrigerator raiders FTW!:D

T-birdGT500

i basically agree with Tomboytrainer305, ans i would give you guys more details if this wasn't the third time i tried to post and it hasn't worked the last two time. Anyways i am gonna add to this since it's not starting any conversations anytime soon.

Basically because Ash had the biggest impact on May's life. She learned almost everything from Ash and Max if it was about pokemon. Plus their were some moments where May got her support from Ash and the others. It was usually Ash who would try to get May back on her feat.

Unlike May, Dawn got most of her support and confidence from the likes of Zoey and Maylene. Whenever Dawn was down, somebody other than Ash was usually there to pick her up.

Misty probably could have a intimate relationship with Ash, but that would require years of breaking psychological walls that those fights built up on each other. Their not worst enemies, but i imagine the first date would have some uncomfortable tension from all those times.

Iris quite frankly i don't see any reason stopping her from asking ash out (or vice versa). i actually am still trying to figure out why she wanted to go with Ash in the first place. it still blows my mind that i don't know why. My only theories is either she using him to get a Dieno from Victory Road or she actually developed feeling for him and his "little kid" self. Unfortunatly for Negaishippers nostalgia makes me choose may over her.

By the Way, i am having a huge case of dejavu here, haven't we asked this before?

Last edited:

victini8

Hello there fellow Advanceshippers. I've been an Advanceshipper since I saw Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. I have an Advanceshipping fic that I'm currently writing. If you're interested in reading it. I could PM you the link to it. Heck I took the 9th movie and rewrote it. But ever since I started reading Advanceshipping fics, I've noticed that there are some really good ones out there. I could probably give you guys recommendations of the Advanceshipping fics that I recommend

victini8

Well if anyone here has watched pokemon M09 (ranger and the temple of the sea) there is scenes that would hint at Ash and May being a good couple the one off the top is my head is when ash shoves May, Pikachu and Manaphy into the capsule when Samiya is sinking while he goes back to try and save everyone yet he could have died.

What about that school of Luvdisc? If memory serves me correctly, I believe that Luvdisc are supposed to bless couples with eternal love.

victini8

@paul (dragon master)
The fic is caled May and Ash's Unova Journey. Check the first link in my signature.

Greatemboar

The White Warrior
What about that school of Luvdisc? If memory serves me correctly, I believe that Luvdisc are supposed to bless couples with eternal love.

The day I forget about Luvdisc and Your story is good I can't tell anyone the details but Movie 09 has served a basis a bit

Luvdisc mean love, I mean It's a heart. Don't you guys think that by itself is more better hint than just roses?

@victini8, I've been following your story and so far so good

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Dang, M09 was pretty much the closest Pokemon has ever gotten (and probably ever will get) to two main characters loving each other, save for Pokemon Live, which isn't considered canon and most PokeShippers don't even bring it up. One page ago, I asked what the AdvanceShipping song would be. But the truth is, AS didn't really get a song. It got a whole movie, in which Ash and May swam with Luvdisc, which is explicitly stated in the games as being a sign that two people love each other. Not only that, but Ash is recognized*as having the closest bond with May, something amazing because her own brother, whom it is clearly stated multiple times that they love each other very much, is right there with them, meaning Ash and May have a closer bond than Max and May do.
All of this leads up to what would be called a bittersweet finish at best and a real kick in the nuts at worst, as we are reminded in Together We Make a Promise that this was the last of the Advanced Generation and Ash and May would be leaving each other. Ash leaves for Sinnoh with Brock, Pikachu and Aipom, May leaves for Johto with Drew, Harley and her team. The two will not meet again except for 3 episodes in Diamond & Pearl. Together We Make a Promise tells us not to lose hope, and we are treated with a scene in Sinnoh that shows us how much Ash and May meant to each other, as the two kept each of their respective halves of the Terracotta ribbon they won together, and both tell of how many times just looking at it has given them the confidence boost they need to win.
During the time they spent in Sinnoh together, May gave Ash a wooden Teddursa as a gift. It is clear that Ash cherishes this gift, as we see at the beginning of Best Wishes that he gives it the honor of sitting on the same shelf as the trophy he got for winning the Orange Islands league, the highest award he has ever received. No other items clearly identifiable sit on that shelf.

I guess you can call that a sampling. I'll right a paper on AdvanceShipping if you guys want.

Status
Not open for further replies.