• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Hey guys! Don't want to interrupt too much, but I've noticed your ship (Adavance) has a lot of votes on the Big Shipping Survey, located here. Unfortunately, many of you that voted haven't answered the questions. I'm afraid that if you don't answer at least one, I can't count your vote - this is for statistical reasons. Without your answers to those questions, the poll's outcome means very little.

So please, if you have voted, please take a minute to answer at least one of the questions. It will help us deduce what it is about Advanceshipping that grants it such longevity. :) The poll closes in a week. Thanks!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Hmm, didn't notice the poll. Getting onto it right away.

Zero activity.. This is scary.
C'mon people.

There's also this plain white t's song, can't remember which. But it went with them.

HoennDreamer, read this, will come close to what looking for. Unfortunately the author hasn't updated recently.. :(
[spoil] http://m.fanfiction.net/s/8027344/1/A-Guardians-Princess [/spoil]

Last edited:

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Hmm, didn't notice the poll. Getting onto it right away.

Zero activity.. This is scary.
C'mon people.

There's also this plain white t's song, can't remember which. But it went with them.

HoennDreamer, read this, will come close to what looking for. Unfortunately the author hasn't updated recently.. :(
[spoil] http://m.fanfiction.net/s/8027344/1/A-Guardians-Princess [/spoil]

I've written down my reasons why I ship advance and gees guys, we aren't saying why we ship them much over there. Let's give our reasons okay?

And wow, nice fic but did FF.net changed their layout again? sigh.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Yeah. The one and only.

I'm probably going to be inactive, until the end of the week. Got a handful of projects due.

Currently, I'm re-reading Two of a kind by Cybercubed.
Man, the.details and effort he put into it. Amazing.

Sika

Transcendence
Aye, that's a nickname I haven't heard in a long time. His fics were A+.

This counts for my yearly post.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Haha, hey man.
I wish I'd been here to review them. Quite lucky you are to experience it.

We need some veterans back :/

victini8

If May and Ash were trapped on a desert island, what would they do to pass the time?
Talk...about...stuff. Haha, I really don't know to be honest. What can you do in a desert? xD

Not my fan art, but credit to the artist (hikariangelove)

Anyone find this cute? This is actually May and Ash's daughter according to the artist.
[IMG200]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/182/5/8/commission13_4_justicegundam_by_hikariangelove-d55lshz.png[/IMG200]

Glad you like the pic Of Cynthia Ketchum. ^_^ She's exactly the way I pictured her.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Yup, that's me. The one and only. xD

Glad you like it. I have a new story planned a little similar to TUW, but it won't be up any time soon. XD

ugh, I really I gotta finish that fic. and get back to mine

that makes me think of a question, kinda:

Have you ever read and not finished an AS fic that you liked? If yes, can you name/briefly describe the fic? If not, then what keeps you so committed to every AS fic that you like?

my pick: The Unknown World
from what I read/remember, Ash is really depressed, including clinically, and recounts the choices he made, the aftermath of war, and his lost love. it's very emotional. I would love to read it, but I'm not in the shipping fics section that often, and the chapters are kinda long (which isn't bad at all)

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Hi hope you guys don't mind me popping up because truth be told im not sure which shipping I support either pokeshipping or advanceshipping, I think poke has a much better chance at winning yet when I picture ash in a relationship I think of advance, weird huh? anyway one thought I aways come with is what if ash and may had kids well for some reason I picture their kids looking just like red design from fire red leaf green and his female counterpart leaf/green/whatever you call her.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Hi hope you guys don't mind me popping up because truth be told im not sure which shipping I support either pokeshipping or advanceshipping, I think poke has a much better chance at winning yet when I picture ash in a relationship I think of advance, weird huh? anyway one thought I aways come with is what if ash and may had kids well for some reason I picture their kids looking just like red design from fire red leaf green and his female counterpart leaf/green/whatever you call her.

That is quite the interesting headcanon you have there. Hm, that gives me a good topic.

What headcanons do you have about advanceshipping or about Ash and May's relationship?

Mine is that when Ash gives a gift to May it would normally be jewellery and it would be normally be emerald because the birthstone for anyone born in the month of May is Emerald. :D

Made a post in pearl, Poke......might as well make one in Advance.

What headcanons do you have about advanceshipping or about Ash and May's relationship?

My headcanon? I think May is more matured despite being younger than Ash when it comes to being a relationship. Episodes like "Time Warp Healls All wounds" etc. suggest me that May likes to explore 'romance' and wants to be thrilled by Ash. She expects him to do things how Norman does to Caroline (the Beautifly fireworks), but Ash being the idiot he is fails to understand how he should impress May. May will mostly be dissatisfied with his lack of surprises, but his lame attempts will make her love him more and more. She thinks he's cute when he tries hard. (Ash occasionally takes tips from Max and Brock and surprise her occasionally though.)

My head canon is dissatisfying? I think no relationship is perfect in this world. Every person has his limitations. May is sensitive to romance, Ash is only mildly sensitive to it, thus there will always be some friction in their relationship (Seriously what kind of relationship doesn't have friction?), they will constantly bicker with each other, but in the end they will always love the other because it's the person they fell in love with.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Made a post in pearl, Poke......might as well make one in Advance.

My headcanon? I think May is more matured despite being younger than Ash when it comes to being a relationship. Episodes like "Time Warp Healls All wounds" etc. suggest me that May likes to explore 'romance' and wants to be thrilled by Ash. She expects him to do things how Norman does to Caroline (the Beautifly fireworks), but Ash being the idiot he is fails to understand how he should impress May. May will mostly be dissatisfied with his lack of surprises, but his lame attempts will make her love him more and more. She thinks he's cute when he tries hard. (Ash occasionally takes tips from Max and Brock and surprise her occasionally though.)

My head canon is dissatisfying? I think no relationship is perfect in this world. Every person has his limitations. May is sensitive to romance, Ash is only mildly sensitive to it, thus there will always be some friction in their relationship (Seriously what kind of relationship doesn't have friction?), they will constantly bicker with each other, but in the end they will always love the other because it's the person they fell in love with.

Now that I think about it, I can see Ash and May's relationship portraying a lot from Norman and Caroline, of course they will need some growing up to do before reaching their relationship but its not completely impossible. I think it will be rather cute. :)

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
Now that I think about it, I can see Ash and May's relationship portraying a lot from Norman and Caroline, of course they will need some growing up to do before reaching their relationship but its not completely impossible. I think it will be rather cute. :)

I can see that too, but the only problem I find With that, is that ash just doesn't understand what is going on. He first needs to realize what is happening then I think this will be great.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I can see that too, but the only problem I find With that, is that ash just doesn't understand what is going on. He first needs to realize what is happening then I think this will be great.

Well Ash isn't completely dense as everyone thinks. In the episode The Bicker the Better, Ash clearly knows what a couple is, he just doesn't know how to love somebody more than a friend or even become a couple.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Well Ash isn't completely dense as everyone thinks. In the episode The Bicker the Better, Ash clearly knows what a couple is, he just doesn't know how to love somebody more than a friend or even become a couple.

I completely agree with this. Ash's dense characteristic is usable in a comedy fic, but IMO it's a bit exaggerated otherwise. it's why I enjoy a fic with a more serious, mature side to Ash, which the show has given us at times

I am actually supportive of Ash's dense characteristics in a realistic way. I mean he can be sexually attracted to women (or May for the purpose of this thread) when he reaches a certain age, he knows what love is. But..there are a few things he's insensitive to. While I agree the anime over-exaggerated it a bit since BF and comedy harem fics use this an effective tools, in a more realistic sense Ash is still dense. But however the word dense doesn't mean he won't blush when a romantic incident happens, doesn't mean he won't ever fall in love etc. He's just insensitive to a few secret hints May throws at him, that is all.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I completely agree with this. Ash's dense characteristic is usable in a comedy fic, but IMO it's a bit exaggerated otherwise. it's why I enjoy a fic with a more serious, mature side to Ash, which the show has given us at times

Yes, I agree. It comes to the point where the fic just doesn't feel right or is enjoyable tor read any more.

I am actually supportive of Ash's dense characteristics in a realistic way. I mean he can be sexually attracted to women (or May for the purpose of this thread) when he reaches a certain age, he knows what love is. But..there are a few things he's insensitive to. While I agree the anime over-exaggerated it a bit since BF and comedy harem fics use this an effective tools, in a more realistic sense Ash is still dense. But however the word dense doesn't mean he won't blush when a romantic incident happens, doesn't mean he won't ever fall in love etc. He's just insensitive to a few secret hints May throws at him, that is all.

I think there was a Wismicott episode where Ash and co helped two pokemon get together and so on. Even though it was annoying to see Ash didn't know what 'love' was he at least was willing to fight on the couple's behalf to get them together. So really, Ash is the kind of character that will fight for anybody that he loves or for people he believes should end up together.

Yes, I agree. It comes to the point where the fic just doesn't feel right or is enjoyable tor read any more.

I think there was a Wismicott episode where Ash and co helped two pokemon get together and so on. Even though it was annoying to see Ash didn't know what 'love' was he at least was willing to fight on the couple's behalf to get them together. So really, Ash is the kind of character that will fight for anybody that he loves or for people he believes should end up together.

Well...not exactly. Ash just likes to help anyone, not just someone working for love. Ash helped his own Butterfree to gain its love, but that's because he wanted to help his Butterfree and it just happened to be in a romantic situation. In other words Ash isn't blind to love, but he doesn't see love as something special either in the canon. This might change if he does fall n love.

Status
Not open for further replies.