• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Hello my dear AdvanceShippers
i'm new here ;D well,hope you like me :)
Welcome to Serebii, BubChan!
I hope you enjoy here, and this thread. How long have you been an Advanceshipper? I think this ship is pretty interesting, and I'm hoping to see more advanceshipping hints.

BubChan

Wonderwall
Welcome to Serebii, BubChan!
I hope you enjoy here, and this thread. How long have you been an Advanceshipper? I think this ship is pretty interesting, and I'm hoping to see more advanceshipping hints.

Thank you ^^ well,if i spell something wrong,i'm sorry,i'm brazilian 8D

Well since i watch Advanced generation,i started to ship May with Ash,really,i never like Ash with Misty that much,i like it more in a friend way :)
i'll never give up from AdvanceShipping :)

https://31.media.tumblr.com/bcb803868f364a10d67d0290a5c469c5/tumblr_n198szJ54y1qlpahho1_500.jpg

Here is one cute Advance fanart by 阿部
OMG! Cuteness overload *o*

Last edited by a moderator:

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
If Ash and May ever ended up together, I would love if Manaphy would come back. Manaphy didn't cry when Ash and May held him, only when someone else did, not to mention he thinks May is his mother.
And of course Pikachu and Glaceon would become friendly. :D

For me that is AdvanceShipping perfection.

I love this picture.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

Well since i watch Advanced generation,i started to ship May with Ash,really,i never like Ash with Misty that much,i like it more in a friend way :)
I respect your opinion and that's fine! I always found advanceshipping in a friendly way when I watched it way back but now I'm watching again and I became a recent advance/pokeshipper too. Multishipping Could confuse people but I have no problem with that. It's like Brock's song "two perfect girls for me" applies to Ash in my POV.
That's some pretty good fan art!

SuperNintendoMaster64

To me, Ash and Misty had more of a brother/sister relationship than a romantic relationship. Advanceshipping and Amourshipping are much cuter imo. They're tied for my Pokemon OTP.

To me, Ash and Misty had more of a brother/sister relationship than a romantic relationship. Advanceshipping and Amourshipping are much cuter imo. They're tied for my Pokemon OTP.

Funny, most people say that about Ash and Dawn. Misty and Ash seemed to be Misty arguing with Ash for no reason and such, like what a school girl does to the boy she likes. Don't have an opinion on Amour shipping though.

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
Funny, most people say that about Ash and Dawn. Misty and Ash seemed to be Misty arguing with Ash for no reason and such, like what a school girl does to the boy she likes. Don't have an opinion on Amour shipping though.

My opinion on the ships are: poke, it's clear misty likes him, but he doesn't see it back, Advance, OTP same as Poke, may liked him, but he showed more interest this time, Pearl, more of the bro and sis, I'm not as up to date on the newest two, but go Advanceshipping!

So does anyone have any burning Advanceshipping questions to ask? Since at the moment I have none.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Yeah, I mean IMO I felt like Ash and Misty does love each other, I have a feeling that Dawn isn't really interested in love, Serena obviously likes Ash, but he is so clueless. and I think May and Ash likes each other too. I am certain that even if May doesn't clearly state it, I think May does love Ash but she just doesn't know it. I'm tied to that. I feel like it's more sided that Ash likes May since more hints comes from his side. He has this caring personality for her which is pretty cute.

Advanceshipping question? Or head canon?
Okay so this runs into my mind for basically all ships. I wonder what May's reaction was when in Kalos, Ash jumped off of that building to save a pokemon. Did you guys think she saw it, if so how did May feel about it?

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
May really demonstrated in the beggining of AG that she have a crush on Ash,i really think it,but Ash didn't realize it,in the middle of AG and the end of the AG,Ash demonstrated to have some feelings for May,if you look at some Contestshipping moments,you will see some Ash's faces,looking at Drew or May in a Angry and Sad way,May didn't have a crush on Drew,Drew Maybe have a crush on May,but really,if you see the last episode that Drew appeared,she said that he was her rival or something like this,ContestShipping isn't canon at all.

Yes,Misty really likes Ash,but i think that Ash likes her in a friend way,Ash and Dawn is totally friendship,Ash and Iris,Iris maybe likes Ash,but she really destroyed her chance calling him "Little kid",Serena loves Ash,but Ash just see her as a friend
I understand what you mean, but we all have different thoughts. I respect your ideas on it though, and I like the thought that May might have had liked Ash first :) I love to think of it as May being the clueless one though. It's like a cute twist haha. But yeah, I feel like Ash did look at Drew a lot. PS Could you please reply in one post next time, it's harder to understand ^.^

BubChan

Wonderwall
I understand what you mean, but we all have different thoughts. I respect your ideas on it though, and I like the thought that May might have had liked Ash first :) I love to think of it as May being the clueless one though. It's like a cute twist haha. But yeah, I feel like Ash did look at Drew a lot. PS Could you please reply in one post next time, it's harder to understand ^.^

Oh! Ok! Sorry ^^

One FanArt by Suzushiroya suzuko
http://24.media.tumblr.com/09d69d4ae0d8f13563e19ec021a95a76/tumblr_mqri63g7ae1s7cumgo1_500.png

Last edited by a moderator:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
Advanceshipping question? Or head canon?
Okay so this runs into my mind for basically all ships. I wonder what May's reaction was when in Kalos, Ash jumped off of that building to save a pokemon. Did you guys think she saw it, if so how did May feel about it?

I have a feeling she saw it. I mean even if one of her friends, or a friend of a friend saw it, it would have a good chance to pass along to her.

So my idea of what she thought is, she would at first think "what were you thinking?!?" Thinking he's incredibly dumb, but then later realize it was also incredibly brave.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I have a feeling May would have first yell at the tv, and possibly call all of her friends informing them what happened. She would then call Delia Ketchum, to confirm whether Ash is okay or not. Then she'll get his contact information, and be like "Oh Ash, I've been worried sick about you." It's a pretty cute senario

SakuraLatias

Objection!
I'm not sure if this had been posted already, here it goes.

Ash and May share their similarities in their Pokémon; Not counting their starter Pokémon, the second Pokémon they caught was a Bug-type, Caterpie and Wurmple. Then evolved to dual Bug/Flying, Butterfree and Beautifly. Then Bulbasaur, the fourth Pokémon they caught. (Oh, Vineshipping.) Squirtle as their sixth Pokémon; although Ash got his while as a leader of the Squirtle Squad, while May got hers from Prof Oak.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I'm not sure if this had been posted already, here it goes.

Ash and May share their similarities in their Pokémon; Not counting their starter Pokémon, the second Pokémon they caught was a Bug-type, Caterpie and Wurmple. Then evolved to dual Bug/Flying, Butterfree and Beautifly. Then Bulbasaur, the fourth Pokémon they caught. (Oh, Vineshipping.) Squirtle as their sixth Pokémon; although Ash got his while as a leader of the Squirtle Squad, while May got hers from Prof Oak.
That is a cute combo. I loved how one did contests and the other did gym badges. it was a cute combo, and how they both tied that two into similarities. Ash and May have so much in common, and while I'm more into the famous saying "opposites do attract" they make an exception. A really cute exception. :)

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
That is a cute combo. I loved how one did contests and the other did gym badges. it was a cute combo, and how they both tied that two into similarities. Ash and May have so much in common, and while I'm more into the famous saying "opposites do attract" they make an exception. A really cute exception. :)
You know it!

I'd have to say one of my favorite things about this ship is all of their similarities.

In real life, the people I like usually have many things in common with me, so if it works for me, why not them?

SuperNintendoMaster64

I agree with you guys. Ash and May do have alot in common in terms of personality. They both love to eat, both of them love Pokemon (and Ash was the one who brought out May's love for Pokemon) and they have battle with each other a couple of times (both as opponents and teammates). They're battle in that contest they had when they tied also shows the strong bond they have with one another.

While opposites attract may work sometimes, I think it only works if people have at least some common interest with one another. You can't bond with somebody that you have absolutely nothing in common with.

BubChan

Wonderwall
I agree with you guys. Ash and May do have alot in common in terms of personality. They both love to eat, both of them love Pokemon (and Ash was the one who brought out May's love for Pokemon) and they have battle with each other a couple of times (both as opponents and teammates). They're battle in that contest they had when they tied also shows the strong bond they have with one another.

While opposites attract may work sometimes, I think it only works if people have at least some common interest with one another. You can't bond with somebody that you have absolutely nothing in common with.

Yes,it's true

Like,both have many common personality

i don't know why,but i think like this:

Drew is May's gary (her rival)
Max is May's Misty (someone that she loves like a brother/sister)

I really want to post some cute Advanceshippy moments here,i don't know how to put a photo without a link xD

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

Actually, "opposites attract" is pretty much wrong. Relationships like that do happen, but they hardly ever work out, because the differences result in conflict. Superficial differences are ok, but when it comes to things like core values... yeah. Pokeshippers like to say that Ash and Misty are opposites, but they're really similar... In fact, a lof ot their conflicts come from their similarities... Ah, enough of that, I did not come here to talk about Pokeshipping, I swear! It just kind of happens, eheh. But I can see the appeal of Advanceshipping (contest pun)! Actually, I think the Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping community have kind of a special relationship. May and Misty were the first two girls, so we had a really concentrated rivalry. But then we kind of ended up having to deal with similar problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.