• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
That's cool!
What songs do you believe to fit Ash x May?

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
Songs...songs...songs...nope couldn't think of any. I tied but, couldn't find any with their specific specifications.

So here's a question.

If someone were to get Ash and May together, who would it be?

Me personally, I feel as if Max would be the one to do it. He really liked Ash, and he probably would realize they like eachother. I would assume he'd think it would be a good idea for them to be together.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Songs...songs...songs...nope couldn't think of any. I tied but, couldn't find any with their specific specifications.

So here's a question.

If someone were to get Ash and May together, who would it be?

I'm thinking Dawn because there isn't any bad blood between the three. Also Dawn just fits right, like she could tell Ash "May looks pretty today doesn't she?", and Ash would think that's true, then possibly blush! Then Brock is a good choice, after all, he's not just a Pokémon doctor, he's a love doctor, but seriously he seems better at getting people together, than getting himself a girlfriend.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I could see Max doing it. He knows the two the most, they both know him the most, or it's gotta be Brock. I'm thinking of someone in the AG group. That would work out.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
True, but how could brock be the love helper between Ash and May if he can't even get in a relationship himself? He kinda gets rejected by every other girl so I don't think Ash and May wants to take his advice.

Kuvario

Let's switch the topic to stay relevant shall we? So here's a new topic, Have you been reading AdvanceShipping Fics lately, and which ones do you like?

I'll answer when I can list more examples. But I think any of Advance4ever's stories on FF, are really well written! I really like in particular "One Heart, One Love", by him. It's about Ash returning from Sinnoh and finding out that May is coming to visit him in Pallet Town, but finds out that Drew is coming along as well, then Misty joins too. I think this is a fic that rightfully deserves to be noticed, everyone acts like in the anime.

True, but how could brock be the love helper between Ash and May if he can't even get in a relationship himself? He kinda gets rejected by every other girl so I don't think Ash and May wants to take his advice.
Mainly because he actually knows about love. Ash and May are as dense as they get.

Let's switch the topic to stay relevant shall we? So here's a new topic, Have you been reading AdvanceShipping Fics lately, and which ones do you like?

I'll answer when I can list more examples. But I think any of Advance4ever's stories on FF, are really well written! I really like in particular "One Heart, One Love", by him. It's about Ash returning from Sinnoh and finding out that May is coming to visit him in Pallet Town, but finds out that Drew is coming along as well, then Misty joins too. I think this is a fic that rightfully deserves to be noticed, everyone acts like in the anime.

Honestly, his stories have a lot of grammar mistakes, and are very awkwardly written. The foundation is there, but without a beta reader it's really hard to follow him. I had to stop readin One Love; One Heart because of this.

Kuvario

Mainly because he actually knows about love. Ash and May are as dense as they get.

Honestly, his stories have a lot of grammar mistakes, and are very awkwardly written. The foundation is there, but without a beta reader it's really hard to follow him. I had to stop readin One Love; One Heart because of this.

Really? He writes well to me, maybe he edited his stories to fix errors in them? Well I think that his new story, where Ash leaves to find May after the Kalos League is pretty good, I'll find out the title for it soon. And besides, there are worse stories, like ones with even worse writing and errors.

Really? He writes well to me, maybe he edited his stories to fix errors in them? Well I think that his new story, where Ash leaves to find May after the Kalos League is pretty good, I'll find out the title for it soon. And besides, there are worse stories, like ones with even worse writing and errors.

Man in the Mirror is what youre thinking of. And honestly, its not much better. I hate criticizing people, but I criticize when I deem it necessary.

Kuvario

Man in the Mirror is what youre thinking of. And honestly, its not much better. I hate criticizing people, but I criticize when I deem it necessary.

I do dislike criticizing others as well, I'd only do so if necessary. So is there any other fics you like then? I think Mysterious Stranger from MidnightMoon is very well done. It has lots of suspense to keep me reading every chapter of it, and it's sequel.

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
Topic change!

Why are you an Advanceshipper?
We've done how you became one, but why? I might be thinking too deep into this...but I really don't know. I just like everything about it, and it keeps me in it.

Kuvario

Topic change!

We've done how you became one, but why? I might be thinking too deep into this...but I really don't know. I just like everything about it, and it keeps me in it.

I think it's because everything about the ship has so exciting for me to like! Like the hints are great, the fics are awesome, and the fan-art is very good! Also other AdvanceShippers are just overall friendly and nice people! I just really like the chemistry Ash has with May also, the way their teacher-student relationship is very friendly! I have nothing else to say about this anymore, as I just said it all.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Topic change!

I'm an advanceshipper because Ash and May are there for each other, and even though I also think they're meant for other people I still think they're made for each other! :D

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I do dislike criticizing others as well, I'd only do so if necessary. So is there any other fics you like then? I think Mysterious Stranger from MidnightMoon is very well done. It has lots of suspense to keep me reading every chapter of it, and it's sequel.

Yeah I would agree too if there weren't a million basic grammar mistakes in there. and remember what the story was actually about which is sad because I wrote for nearly two years.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Personally, I don't care if an advance fic or if any fanfic has grammar mistakes. Unless it's sooo bad that you cant understand it. As long as the idea is perfect, humor, cuteness, and being original, I would still consider it a good read.
Anyone got more advance fics? I haven't read much lately.
What are the things you don't like in advanceshipping fics?
Some or a lot of fics I've read makes May seem like the maiden in distress for Ash. It's always Ash Ash Ash and Ash. May could be loving as much as Ash can.

Kuvario

Personally, I don't care if an advance fic or if any fanfic has grammar mistakes. Unless it's sooo bad that you cant understand it. As long as the idea is perfect, humor, cuteness, and being original, I would still consider it a good read.
Anyone got more advance fics? I haven't read much lately.
What are the things you don't like in advanceshipping fics?.

Things that annoy me are when everyone act so OOC, the amount of OCs in a story, all Drew-bashing stories because that's a Ponyta beaten to death at this point. Then "Ash gets betrayed" stories, "May is about to be harmed but Ash saves her in time, and it's in high school", honestly ADV fics have been getting stale barring few new ones. The classic era of fics (2003-2009), were much better, but still there are many good ones.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Things that annoy me are when everyone act so OOC, the amount of OCs in a story, all Drew-bashing stories because that's a Ponyta beaten to death at this point. Then "Ash gets betrayed" stories, "May is about to be harmed but Ash saves her in time, and it's in high school", honestly ADV fics have been getting stale barring few new ones. The classic era of fics (2003-2009), were much better, but still there are many good ones.

I can not stand under any circumstances when there is a shipping fic and they have to bash their rivals. It's totally uncalled for. Drew is my favorite male character :(
There are really good old advance fics that needs some love.

Status
Not open for further replies.