• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBlueEyes23

Yeah, I'm always fond of childhood friends ending up in a romantic relationship so that's one. There's also this fanfic that I enjoyed reading where in an AU, Satoshi is a badass loner while Haruka was some sort of an idol in school. It's a bit dark and it does not involve any Pokemon. Nonetheless I enjoyed it. Kinda feels like watching a different anime or reading a different Manga.
Here's the link for that fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4264478/1/My-lone-hero

I'm not really the type to critisize other people's work, whether it's a fanart or fanfic. Anyway, sorry in advance for being cynical here. To be honest I didn't enjoyed reading the 1st chapter. Being a SatoSere fan, I kinda felt heavy inside while reading how bitter Satoshi and Serena's relationship became (Though I was glad that you didn't ended it Serena being in a relationship with Citron since I'm not into that ship). The 2nd chapter didn't start that good for me either though it got interesting as I went along the entire chapter. I guess I'm not really into heavy dramas as I prefer simple and cute romance like "Fall leaves and shopping spree" (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7668431/1/Fall-Leaves-and-Shopping-Sprees). Nonetheless, this is a pretty decent fanfic, I got hooked up until the end. Also, while reading this, I was listening to this music: Can't say goodbye to Yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m4tYUfYCj4. It somehow catches the mood in chapter 2 and for some reasons, the lyrics kinda relates to it. Again, I apologize for being cynical back there.

Anyway, so there's actually a day for Advancehsipping? Then maybe I should make a fanart for that day. You guys have any ideas or any suggestions? I'm thinking of maybe a halloween theme but what do guys think?

LOL, don't worry about it Asuna, I truly appreciate the honesty, and I was really hoping for your thoughts :) And I completely understand that my slightly dramatic take isn't your cup of tea :) There are PLENTY of fanfics that I love the authors, but just not the certain storyline he/she wrote.
I am just SO GALD that you were able to enjoy it by the end, I just really hope that you were able to enjoy my style of writing.
And I actually am trying to write a more casual, borderline fluffy story of these two, such as the one you had mentioned. I would REALLY appreciate any prompts or ideas you can offer :)
But most of all, let me make it clear, that I am SO SORY for the offense of the SatoSere relationship, it was just needed to move on the story. So again, I'm sorry, but I don't ship those two, SUPRISINGLY, so I didn't realize the feelings it could have evoked any SatoSere shippers, but let me make it clear, that I truly respect the ship, I mean how could II not, Serena's feelings are the first ACTUAL concrete hints in the all of the anime's nearly two decade run. I'm sure if I wasn't so attached to May's character, and advanceshippping in general, that I would DEF be a hardcore SatoSere shipper :)

And P.S I listened to the song you suggested, It's not really my taste of music, at all, but I listened to the lyrics and they are beautiful, and I agree that it actually kinda relates to "comes Back to you" :D

And About your question if you should do a halloween themed drawing for Advanceshipping Day
I personally think that it would be a really interesting drawing,
Will you draw them in costumes attire or just a halloween background?

Last edited:
LOL, don't worry about it Asuna, I truly appreciate the honesty, and I was really hoping for your thoughts :) And I completely understand that my slightly dramatic take isn't your cup of tea :) There are PLENTY of fanfics that I love the authors, but just not the certain storyline he/she wrote.
I am just SO GALD that you were able to enjoy it by the end, I just really hope that you were able to enjoy my style of writing.
And I actually am trying to write a more casual, borderline fluffy story of these two, such as the one you had mentioned. I would REALLY appreciate any prompts or ideas you can offer :)
But most of all, let me make it clear, that I am SO SORY for the offense of the SatoSere relationship, it was just needed to move on the story. So again, I'm sorry, but I don't ship those two, SUPRISINGLY, so I didn't realize the feelings it could have evoked any SatoSere shippers, but let me make it clear, that I truly respect the ship, I mean how could II not, Serena's feelings are the first ACTUAL concrete hints in the all of the anime's nearly two decade run. I'm sure if I wasn't so attached to May's character, and advanceshippping in general, that I would DEF be a hardcore SatoSere shipper :)

And P.S I listened to the song you suggested, It's not really my taste of music, at all, but I listened to the lyrics and they are beautiful, and I agree that it actually kinda relates to "comes Back to you" :D

And About your question if you should do a halloween themed drawing for Advanceshipping Day
I personally think that it would be a really interesting drawing,
Will you draw them in costumes attire or just a halloween background?
No harm done with SatoSere. I just felt a bit heavy while reading it but I'm not completely offended (hey, I'm still more of a SatoHaru fan than a SatoSere fan so all's cool)

Anywho, I'll be drawing them with complete costume and some halloween background. Though I'm thinking what kind of costume. Here are some of my ideas:

Vampire and Witch - Kinda overrated but that's what came up first in my mind
Modern Gothic - Kinda something similar to Soul Eater
Old style Gothic - Fancy style of gothic costumes

Other than that, I can't think of any other costumes.

matthew11

8000 MMR
LOL :) Thanks for the response Bub :)
I can't wait for the fab day !!!!!:D And I need to start on my own one shot as well, just to make sure it's just as perfect as this pairing ;)

And to answer your question, I personally think that there is A BUNCH of AU's that can complament this pairing...Childhood besties turned lovers, infatuation, poor boy meets wealthy girl,....But one I've been thinking of doing is Ash as a navy marine, and May as a journalist. :D

And I just want to ask you AMAZING advance shippers if you guys could check out my recently completed Two-Shot, "Comes Back to You"
I would LOVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK :D And I would LOVE your thoughts :)

Thanx
"Comes Back to You"...https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10550439/1/Comes-Back-to-You

My fanfic page: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5903493/BabyBlueEyes23

Really... Touching... STORY!!

As an Advanceshipper, I truly loved this story; It's very detailed, good use of not-too-deep words, great emphasis on the characters' feelings. And, TBH, It almost brought me to tears. But when I read the ending of it, it kinda, you know, ended being them, no specific background of what happened after Satoshi's departure from Hoenn. Yes, I know it's about Haruka filing a divorce file, but she didn't have any interaction with Shu while doing so (Sorry if I missed some parts, it's just really LONG and I kinda forget small things). Oh, I also saw many typos, but that doesn't matter anyway.

As an Amourshipper, I agree with asuna. When I read the first part, I kinda felt, insulted. To me, it felt like Satoshi was forced to love Serena after she confessed to him. He's not the kind of person to do something like that. But hey, It's an Advanceshipping Fanfic, no harm done.

And as a writer, I learned A LOT from your writing style. I need to give more meaning on the character's feelings, just in their point of view or course. Plus, my vocabulary has expanded thanks to you :)

With all that's been said, great story! I'm looking forward to reading more of your Advanceshipping Fanfics :)

EDIT: I recently watched the 9th movie thanks to BubChan's dare from the truth or dare thread (and it's my first time watching it). I gotta say, I really miss Haruka now. I want her to return to the show right now. Just putting that out there LOL.

Last edited:

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
If the conflicting ship (Contestshipping) did not exist, how do you think Advanceshipping would play out?

Well it would be a much stronger ship hint wise of course! I do wish I knew why the writers try to add CS in. Maybe because they thought PS was kinda leaning to canoness so they decided to give May a strong ship instead. Yeah...nah. But in the end of the day Advanceshipping has the benefit in the end because as long Ash stays the main protag then there will always be a chance for May to make a cameo or get a mention. :)

BabyBlueEyes23

No harm done with SatoSere. I just felt a bit heavy while reading it but I'm not completely offended (hey, I'm still more of a SatoHaru fan than a SatoSere fan so all's cool)

Anywho, I'll be drawing them with complete costume and some halloween background. Though I'm thinking what kind of costume. Here are some of my ideas:

Vampire and Witch - Kinda overrated but that's what came up first in my mind
Modern Gothic - Kinda something similar to Soul Eater
Old style Gothic - Fancy style of gothic costumes

Other than that, I can't think of any other costumes.

I'm glad that the SatoSere aspect wasn't to bad :) And I don't know if I should say this…but I'm SO GLAD that you're more of a SatoHaru fan :D(LOL Sorry, I just love these two so freaking much:) )

As for your Halloween theme drawing…I'd personally be REALLY interested in seeing the Old Style Gothic theme, But I'm sure ahat ever you choose will be absolutely lovely <3

Really... Touching... STORY!!

As an Advanceshipper, I truly loved this story; It's very detailed, good use of not-too-deep words, great emphasis on the characters' feelings. And, TBH, It almost brought me to tears. But when I read the ending of it, it kinda, you know, ended being them, no specific background of what happened after Satoshi's departure from Hoenn. Yes, I know it's about Haruka filing a divorce file, but she didn't have any interaction with Shu while doing so (Sorry if I missed some parts, it's just really LONG and I kinda forget small things). Oh, I also saw many typos, but that doesn't matter anyway.

As an Amourshipper, I agree with asuna. When I read the first part, I kinda felt, insulted. To me, it felt like Satoshi was forced to love Serena after she confessed to him. He's not the kind of person to do something like that. But hey, It's an Advanceshipping Fanfic, no harm done.

And as a writer, I learned A LOT from your writing style. I need to give more meaning on the character's feelings, just in their point of view or course. Plus, my vocabulary has expanded thanks to you :)

With all that's been said, great story! I'm looking forward to reading more of your Advanceshipping Fanfics :)

EDIT: I recently watched the 9th movie thanks to BubChan's dare from the truth or dare thread (and it's my first time watching it). I gotta say, I really miss Haruka now. I want her to return to the show right now. Just putting that out there LOL.

Thank you so much for the reply Matthew :)
It means so much that you, as an advance shipper, was able to enjoy the story :D
And please don't take this the wrong way, but It is SO INCREDIBLY touching that you felt such an emotion connection, that you could have started to tear up :)
However, I agree with you that the ending kind of fell flat. Rereading it now, I can feel the rushes I had felt to post it, and it's a bit upsetting. But, hey, it was my first SatoHaru story, so I'll definitely learn. And I am apologetic for your having to deal with the mini typos, and hope that they weren't so distracting that you weren't able to get the full meaning behind the story :)

And to the fact that you are a SatoSere fan, I apologize once more, I probably should have made some mention of the mini ships priorly, but I am happy to hear that you understand how I meant it for Advanceshippers, or those who are just interested in the ship, to read, and absolutely meant NO FLAMES towards Contest and Amour.

TBH, while writing my Poke fanfics, I only think of the characters as blank slates, and I build my stories, pairings, themes, and such around the blank slates, and then incoperate their personalityies…Confusing, IK :D But it's how my compulsive little mind thinks of it :)

And it is truly humbling to me to hear that another writer read my story, and was able to take something out of it. :) And I'm glad you were able to use the new words to use, I've gotten messages that I should simplify or lay back from using to many "Large words," or descriptives. But I think that is a bit of a silt request, I want people to enjoy the way I write, and not some contrived thing that I make just to get readers or reviewers. I write out of a passion for the pairing and writing its self :D
And BTW, I had no idea that you published on Fanfic, PLEASE SEND ME ONE OF YOUR STORIES!! I'd love to read one :D And I can't wait to hear from you on my future stories :)

Now, sense this is a thread dedicated to the shipping in general, and not just fanfics..how bout a new question? ;)

Where do you guys think Ash and May would go for their honney moon? OR How do you guys think the new writers would handle Advanceshipping if May were to return for a cameo, considering that they seem very aware to the main audience either being teens, or young adults?

I personally think that the two would go on some sort of journey, rather than a traditional honey moon, Maybe return to their favorite spots when they traveled together?

And I'll answer the second question later, but I just want to mention how awesome it is that the most speculated occurrence of May's cameo happens in November, which just so happens to be Advanceshipping month :D <3<3<3<3
Sign? I think so ;)

Check out my advanceshipping multi chapter fic, "Love Unspoken"»https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10599622/1/Love-Unspoken

Check out my Fanfic Page»https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5903493/BabyBlueEyes23

Last edited:

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Hey guys, sorry for not contributing much to the thread lately, but I've come bearing new topics that we may (bad pun) discuss like:

Do you think Ash and May are physically attracted to each other? Why or why not?

I honestly think May is sorta physically attracted to Ash considering she did show off in a swimsuit right in front of him and Max, and she obviously wouldn't show off in front of her brother...so that only leaves Ash to show off to. And she didn't have much info on Ash back at the start of AG, and she did yell "YES!!" into the camera...so I believe she is. But with Ash...it's kinda mixed, (an) episode(s?) do show him staring at May, but it's hard to tell if he's just looking blankly or with attraction. In the episode with the Abandoned Ship, he did stare at May while she was eating, I'll find the picture where he did later, but it's all very subjective on his end.

So, there is actually a dedicated day for aaMayL, so here's a question:
How are you going to prepare/celebrate for this day?

Last edited by a moderator:

matthew11

8000 MMR
Do you think Ash and May are physically attracted to each other? Why or why not?

I'll have to say yes and no to Satoshi's side. Regarding your answer about Haruka showing off her swimsuit in front of Satoshi and her lil bro, when she revealed herself in front of them, their reaction was kinda surprised and embarrassed. And about Satoshi staring at Haruka, I think he is physically attracted to her when she moves naturally, not forcefully (connecting this word with the last sentence).

I want to gather all my knowledge and power and put all my heart and soul into writing my one-shot masterpiece with this pairing, but sadly, I won't have the time since 2nd term's just started. But I'll try my best to finish all those college works and start writing :)

Kuvario

I'll have to say yes and no to Satoshi's side. Regarding your answer about Haruka showing off her swimsuit in front of Satoshi and her lil bro, when she revealed herself in front of them, their reaction was kinda surprised and embarrassed. And about Satoshi staring at Haruka, I think he is physically attracted to her when she moves naturally, not forcefully (connecting this word with the last sentence).

I never said they enjoyed it, I just said May would have to be very trusting/attracted to Ash to show off to him wearing a swimsuit in like 20-something episodes after meeting each other in Littleroot, and showing off to Max is out of the question since it's obvious why.

> AdvanceShipping Day plans

I don't have any to be honest. Maybe I'll watch Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea because it's AdvanceShipping the movie, watch episodes with hints, read a shipping story or two or lurk tumblr for fan creations. After all I forgot AdvanceShipping Day was in November anyway, my artistic skills are equal to the amount of steel types Ash and May have, and likewise with my writing skills.

May is a girl. Girl's like to show off in Swim suits, whether to her brother or a friend. She freaking changed right on the beach where tons of other people were about. She was showing off the swimsuit she bought more than her body. She is ten. Ten year olds would show off things, not their bodies.

Yes, that may be the case, but we all interpret things differently. I'm not right, you're not right, heck nobody is right since it's all a matter of opinions. I just have a different way of interpreting things.

Last edited:

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
I never said they enjoyed it, I just said May would have to be very trusting/attracted to Ash to show off to him wearing a swimsuit in like 20-something episodes after meeting each other in Littleroot, and showing off to Max is out of the question since it's obvious why. .

May is a girl. Girl's like to show off in Swim suits, whether to her brother or a friend. She freaking changed right on the beach where tons of other people were about. She was showing off the swimsuit she bought more than her body. She is ten. Ten year olds would show off things, not their bodies.

BabyBlueEyes23

Hey guys, sorry for not contributing much to the thread lately, but I've come bearing new topics that we may (bad pun) discuss like:

I honestly think May is sorta physically attracted to Ash considering she did show off in a swimsuit right in front of him and Max, and she obviously wouldn't show off in front of her brother...so that only leaves Ash to show off to. And she didn't have much info on Ash back at the start of AG, and she did yell "YES!!" into the camera...so I believe she is. But with Ash...it's kinda mixed, (an) episode(s?) do show him staring at May, but it's hard to tell if he's just looking blankly or with attraction. In the episode with the Abandoned Ship, he did stare at May while she was eating, I'll find the picture where he did later, but it's all very subjective on his end.

I definitely agree with you DarkLucario, that they are attracted to each other in the physical sense.

It's definitely obvious that May's initial attraction towards Ash was physical, given the reasons you have sated. Like how "Get this Show on the Road" May says yes into the camera after Ash agrees to join her :)

And I DEFINITELY see Ash's attraction towards May. Not only is there that ship wrecked episode, whereAsh spends like literally 3 seconds of camera time just staring at May eat, and thee are plenty of other times where Ash is looking at May, when she isn't speaking at all.

And like what Matthew stated, Ash seems more attracted towards May when she is natural, and being her adorable self, I personally think Ash would most be attracted towards May of all the PokeGirls due to the fact that May is not overly girly, but nor is she just one of the guys. I think she is a nice balance for a girl Ash would realsticly be attracted towards
Someone who can play rough, but enjoys her girl time :)

Although, as you pointed out, this is all interperation, which by definition, is our opinions, so nothing is factual…well excluding the fact that ADVANCESHIPPING IS ENDGAME :D ;)

So, there is actually a dedicated day for aaMayL, so here's a question:

I will definitely be watching some of my fav Hoenn and BF eps, and watching the 9th movie :)<3<3

And sense my art skills are about as bad as they can get…I am working on a one-shot that I can't wait to share :)

Where and when do you guys think Ash and May would have their first kiss? :)

matthew11

8000 MMR
Where and when do you guys think Ash and May would have their first kiss? :)

If this wasn't a kid's show (which sadly it is), I think it could have happened at the end of AG series, where Haruka and Masato needs to leave for Hoenn. Usually, the most romantic moments occur in the ending, but only if they were romantically involved with each other.

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
If this wasn't a kid's show (which sadly it is), I think it could have happened at the end of AG series, where Haruka and Masato needs to leave for Hoenn. Usually, the most romantic moments occur in the ending, but only if they were romantically involved with each other.
That sounds like it'd happen, but Ash will probably never get a girlfriend. (that's why he needs Clemont)

BubChan

Wonderwall
That sounds like it'd happen, but Ash will probably never get a girlfriend. (that's why he needs Clemont)

I agree with you, i don't think that we're going to see Ash in a canon couple in the anime, he's a 10 years boy, and he don't know nothing, NOTHING about love, May needs to explain to him all the times, sometimes i think that she want to him to understand love for he realize her feelings xD it would be great!

BabyBlueEyes23

I agree with you, i don't think that we're going to see Ash in a canon couple in the anime, he's a 10 years boy, and he don't know nothing, NOTHING about love, May needs to explain to him all the times, sometimes i think that she want to him to understand love for he realize her feelings xD it would be great!

Yeah, I definitely agree with you Bub.
Ash will probably always be a dense fool :S And May always seems to be explaining to him what love is, and winking as she does it BTW ;)
But a shipper can hope, right? :)

And guys I thought of a different aspect for advanceshipping day, that may be kind of stupid :S

I think I want to create a playlist that I think describes SatoHaru and share it on here and tumblr

What do you guys think?

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Actually, can anyone make Ash x May AMV's ? I;ve seen most of them, and I would like to see new ones. They are too cute for my eyes ahaha.

Also, even if Ash isn't going to get a girlfriend, we could always get more hints from May since she is totally not oblivious.

BubChan

Wonderwall
Actually, can anyone make Ash x May AMV's ? I;ve seen most of them, and I would like to see new ones. They are too cute for my eyes ahaha.

Also, even if Ash isn't going to get a girlfriend, we could always get more hints from May since she is totally not oblivious.

I totally agree With you, i need the Sony vegas or After effects for this, i totally agree with you, Advance AMVs are the best! And yeah, May is not oblivious, this is the best part xD i miss this "Love School" hints, it was so cute, i would love to see this moments again, but this time, in XY, i need a cameo for more Advance hints!

Kuvario

Personally I don't really see Ash has a fool as more he's concentrated on his career since May would also be a fool for leaving Ash to pursue her goal, just saying. And besides May is oblivious in some episodes with Drew.

But enough about that, now that the thread has been active. If Ash and May were to give each other gifts, what would they give to each other?

I'm thinking Ash would buy something like chocolates for May since she'd probably love them and ask her to share, some berries for her Pokeblocks to help her in contests or even maybe a Pokémon he caught specially for her. While. May would go the more creative route and possibly (I'm expecting too much from this) make Ash a new outfit, a new hat, or something else entirely (can't give a better answer for May since she'll actually put more thought). Hopefully this is an interesting question for you guys.

BabyBlueEyes23

LOL OMG YASSSSS :D
I absolutely LOVE advanceshipping AMVs they are TO CUTE and somebody NEEDS to make one for the song Newyork[/I] by Snow Patrol, or Center of Attention By Jason Walker...OH OR God Damn Your Beautiful by Chester Sea...I'll stop while I'm ahead :)

And Bub, I TOTALLY AGREE!! A May Cameo would be AMAZING and I'd be interested in seeing how the XY writers would handle their obvious chemistry :) <3<3<3

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
If Ash and May were to give each other gifts, what would they give to each other?

Totally with the idea of them buying food or noodles for each other, since each other since they're cute dorks. Or probably appropriately Ash could ask May out to dinner and May could have a picnic for him. Either works.

Status
Not open for further replies.