• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, people! Keep the ball rolling. The story needs to continue (I can't write anything until another sentence or two were added but I'll add one if no one respond within 4 hours)

And to keep things more interesting, here's a question for you guys
If Ash and May were in a high school setting, what would their role be? Oh, and you can involve more characters like Serena, Brock, Max Etc and give them roles too.

Come on, people! Keep the ball rolling. The story needs to continue (I can't write anything until another sentence or two were added but I'll add one if no one respond within 4 hours)
Unfortunately, I can't add another since I was the last to add.
If Ash and May were in a high school setting, what would their role be? Oh, and you can involve more characters like Serena, Brock, Max Etc and give them roles too.
Talk about perfect timing. I was thinking of doing a Poke-High theme for my next ADV artwork.

Anyway, here's how it's going to work:
Ash: The slacker, laid back yet athletic kid in school. He likes to ditch school because reasons. He's not that popular since no one barely notices his presence due to his slacking off habit. Ash usually gets into fight because of his attitude problems but deep inside, he fights for the weak. He once saved May's life.

May: May is one of the school's idol because of her beauty, brain and her dad's influence. She has a nerd brother, Max (duh). She was once saved by Ash from trouble and from then on, they became good friends. However, May seemed to think of Ash more than just a friend.

Others:
Brock: The captain of the Judo club and a skirt-chaser
Misty: The captain of swimming club. She has a tomboy attitude. Her boyfriend is Tracey, the president of art club
Tracey: The president of art club and is a great artist. His Girlfriend is Misty.
Max: May's nerdy little brother. He likes to tease his sister. He also idolizes Ash for his cool attitude
Gary: Ash's childhood friend. He likes to compete a lot against Ash but Ash always find ways to beat him
Drew: The dream boy every girl in school wants except May. He likes to flirt with May a lot
Serena: One of the popular girls. Despite her popularity, she is extremely shy. She has a huge crush on Ash but is afraid to admit it.
Jessie and James: The school bullies yet always get beaten by Ash

matthew11

8000 MMR
Continuation:

"Did he now?" May asked, seemingly avoiding Bonnie's girlfriend question. Luckily, this went unnoticed by the young girl. Bonnie only nodded, and Dedenne mimicked her. They continued to walk towards their destination. When they arrived to see Serena, Clemont, and Ash talking, the latter walked up to May and asked...

Unfortunately, I can't add another since I was the last to add.

Talk about perfect timing. I was thinking of doing a Poke-High theme for my next ADV artwork.

Anyway, here's how it's going to work:
Ash: The slacker, laid back yet athletic kid in school. He likes to ditch school because reasons. He's not that popular since no one barely notices his presence due to his slacking off habit. Ash usually gets into fight because of his attitude problems but deep inside, he fights for the weak. He once saved May's life.

May: May is one of the school's idol because of her beauty, brain and her dad's influence. She has a nerd brother, Max (duh). She was once saved by Ash from trouble and from then on, they became good friends. However, May seemed to think of Ash more than just a friend.

Others:
Brock: The captain of the Judo club and a skirt-chaser
Misty: The captain of swimming club. She has a tomboy attitude. Her boyfriend is Tracey, the president of art club
Tracey: The president of art club and is a great artist. His Girlfriend is Misty.
Max: May's nerdy little brother. He likes to tease his sister. He also idolizes Ash for his cool attitude
Gary: Ash's childhood friend. He likes to compete a lot against Ash but Ash always find ways to beat him
Drew: The dream boy every girl in school wants except May. He likes to flirt with May a lot
Serena: One of the popular girls. Despite her popularity, she is extremely shy. She has a huge crush on Ash but is afraid to admit it.
Jessie and James: The school bullies yet always get beaten by Ash

You got some interesting character description there. You gave me some ideas for my future Advanceshipping fic :)

Last edited:
@Asuna, nice!! I want to see Ash and May in a school attire, I look forward to that :D

anyway, carry on with the story,

if she was okay. May nodded a little. "I'm fine, Ash. Bonnie told me that you wanted to talk." she responded. May noticed that Ash was a bit uncomfortable in front of everybody and seemed like he want to say something as if his life depends on it. "Can we talk somewhere else?", the young boy said. May was curious nonetheless she agreed to the boy and went away from the trio. However, at that moment, a certain young blonde was watching as they walk away....with a worried look on her face...

Last edited:

BubChan

Wonderwall
Hello guys, how are you? i'm back to the Advance Community ;) yay, anyway, the AdvanceShipping day is so close! it would be great if we check our favorites moments of this shipping, because, lately, everyone just post random games like "caption the picture" or "continue the story" involving our ship, anyway, let's return to the main topic, which is talk about the Advance moments, right?

Hello guys, how are you? i'm back to the Advance Community ;) yay, anyway, the AdvanceShipping day is so close! it would be great if we check our favorites moments of this shipping, because, lately, everyone just post random games like "caption the picture" or "continue the story" involving our ship, anyway, let's return to the main topic, which is talk about the Advance moments, right?

Hey, welcome back! Well to be precise, we're having advanceshipping week! and each day of the week had its own theme, which is great. :D
As for an advance moment, well there are a lot but my favorite was in the prince of the sea temple movie where Ash and May were swimming and they were surrounded by luvdiscs.

BubChan

Wonderwall
Hey, welcome back! Well to be precise, we're having advanceshipping week! and each day of the week had its own theme, which is great. :D
As for an advance moment, well there are a lot but my favorite was in the prince of the sea temple movie where Ash and May were swimming and they were surrounded by luvdiscs.

Oh, i didn't knew that but this is not the Pokéshipping week?
Yeah, i love that moment, in my opinion this shows that Ash and May likes each other, well, we have the pokédex, That's what the pokédex says about Luvdisc: "Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends." "It lives in warm seas. It is said that a couple finding this Pokémon will be blessed with eternal love." and "It lives in warm seas. It is said that a couple finding this Pokémon will be blessed with eternal love.", i don't think that the Luvidsc was added in the scene for a random reason, i believe that is something about their relationship.

BabyBlueEyes23

Anyone else worried that they might not bring May back, I mean they're showcasing some of the new mega Pokemon in the upcoming Strongest Mega Evolution act, Steven Stone is making an appearance, and then there's the new movie featuring Groudon and Kyogre? Maybe that's all they're doing to promote ORAS so there won't be any need to bring May back, plus I don't really see her making an appearance in any of the upcoming episodes. Hope I'm wrong though, I really want to see her in the anime again

HUH! BITE UR TONGUE! LOL JK :D
No, I completely see where your coming from. When I heard that Steven will be making a cameo, my hope kind of deflated :(
But hey, there's always a chance, right ;)
And even if juste Steven made the cameo, they would HAVE to make some sort of reference towards May sense he already made a cameo back in Duford Island…:)

LOL :D

I love this question, and I actually made a tumblr post recently about this :)

Ash is the funny guy in the class, and part of both the soccer and rugby teams. Every one enjoys his company, and even teachers grudgingly laugh at his random comments in class.
However, even though he seems laid back and chill, along with all his school work, and team practices, Ash holds down two part time jobs, and makes sure to do his fair share of house work.
He does this to help support his hard working single mother, Delia. He had always hated that his father had left them when e was so young…

Though, soon enough, everything catches up with him, and he ends up getting a tutor so he doesn't fail his senior year Lit class…And his tutor just so happens to be "May Mapple."

May is the all American, perfect teen girl. Popular, stunningly beautiful, captain of the gymnastics, volleyball, and track teams, and part of the cheerleading squad. (She would be captain if she cared enough) And won the student body presidency.

Whenever people glance at her, they just see the cold, spoiled princess that they suspect to see, rather than the dazzling, sweet, and caring girl that only her best of friends get to be with. But May doesn't let it effect her, she only looks on ahead to her definite future as a lawyer….However, if the girl had been honest to herself. May doesn't want to go to college and become some fancy, shmancy law student, what she truly wants is to follow her passion of performing, of entertaining as an actress or musician.

And as she becomes closer to her tutor student, Ash Ketchum, the more she realizes that she has a choice in her life direction.

Serena Evans: best friends with May Mappple, and Dawn berlitz, and is co captain of the cheerleading team with Dawn berlitz, while also starting a designs club with Dawn as well. She is well known for her god looks, but is quite shy compared to her outgoing friends…Sometimes she seems to fall in the background, and she resents it.

Serena has a infatuation with the Rugby team captain, Ash Ketchum, but is afraid of his rejection, and she starts to notice his lingering gazes towards May.

Though all the while, she doesn't notice the small, dorky blonde who always seems to gazing at her, as if she were some sort of goddess.

Dawn Berlitz: Co captain of the cheerleading, and volleyball teams. And is the captain of the dance team. She also co found the Designs club with Serena, and is the vice president to May.

Dawn found a connection between the high school Emo/"seem kid" Paul Shinji, and is determined in making him admit his true feelings for her, "the girly girl"/"Shallow cheerleader"

Gary Oak: Closest friend with Ash Ketchum, and is co captain of the rugby team, and leader of the basketball team. He is well known for his constant flirting with girls…but one inperticular…May Mapple.
The two had known each other for years, due to their father's being extremely well respected, and always taking their kids to God awful dinner parties. But through the years, Gary's playful flirting and started to mean more than the naive girl understood.
This growing interest has started to create friction between him and Ash, as Ash starts to become closer to May.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL I'll stop XD

@BubChen: LOl welcome back :D bald to see your back, and as @Setsuna explained, we are merely preparing for some advanceshipping week sweetness<3

But to answer your question….I honestly can't choose my fav ADV moment, THEY'RE ALL JUST SO GOOD!!!!
But I guess the first moment I thought of was their Sinnoh goodbye, from the sparkling of Ash's eyes, to May's hand over her heart…it just screamed anime couple :D

Continuation

As the pair retreat further and further from the others, a tremor starts to invade May's every move. All she could wonder is what marrits a worthy enough topic to make Ash wish to branch away from his other friends…In what feels as if an eternity, the two final stop. However, rather than take in her surroundings, May's sapphires bore into Ash's warm pools of caramel, her right hand subconsciously moving to the ribbon she always keeps chained around her neck...

I love this question, and I actually made a tumblr post recently about this :)

Ash is the funny guy in the class, and part of both the soccer and rugby teams. Every one enjoys his company, and even teachers grudgingly laugh at his random comments in class.
However, even though he seems laid back and chill, along with all his school work, and team practices, Ash holds down two part time jobs, and makes sure to do his fair share of house work.
He does this to help support his hard working single mother, Delia. He had always hated that his father had left them when e was so young…

Though, soon enough, everything catches up with him, and he ends up getting a tutor so he doesn't fail his senior year Lit class…And his tutor just so happens to be "May Mapple."

May is the all American, perfect teen girl. Popular, stunningly beautiful, captain of the gymnastics, volleyball, and track teams, and part of the cheerleading squad. (She would be captain if she cared enough) And won the student body presidency.

Whenever people glance at her, they just see the cold, spoiled princess that they suspect to see, rather than the dazzling, sweet, and caring girl that only her best of friends get to be with. But May doesn't let it effect her, she only looks on ahead to her definite future as a lawyer….However, if the girl had been honest to herself. May doesn't want to go to college and become some fancy, shmancy law student, what she truly wants is to follow her passion of performing, of entertaining as an actress or musician.

And as she becomes closer to her tutor student, Ash Ketchum, the more she realizes that she has a choice in her life direction.

Serena Evans: best friends with May Mappple, and Dawn berlitz, and is co captain of the cheerleading team with Dawn berlitz, while also starting a designs club with Dawn as well. She is well known for her god looks, but is quite shy compared to her outgoing friends…Sometimes she seems to fall in the background, and she resents it.

Serena has a infatuation with the Rugby team captain, Ash Ketchum, but is afraid of his rejection, and she starts to notice his lingering gazes towards May.

Though all the while, she doesn't notice the small, dorky blonde who always seems to gazing at her, as if she were some sort of goddess.

Dawn Berlitz: Co captain of the cheerleading, and volleyball teams. And is the captain of the dance team. She also co found the Designs club with Serena, and is the vice president to May.

Dawn found a connection between the high school Emo/"seem kid" Paul Shinji, and is determined in making him admit his true feelings for her, "the girly girl"/"Shallow cheerleader"

Gary Oak: Closest friend with Ash Ketchum, and is co captain of the rugby team, and leader of the basketball team. He is well known for his constant flirting with girls…but one inperticular…May Mapple.
The two had known each other for years, due to their father's being extremely well respected, and always taking their kids to God awful dinner parties. But through the years, Gary's playful flirting and started to mean more than the naive girl understood.
This growing interest has started to create friction between him and Ash, as Ash starts to become closer to May.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL I'll stop XD

Nice setting! Yeah, I've always thought that Ash is the athletic idiot while May is the beauty and brains. They really match each other. Sorry Serena but May was 1st :p :D

@BubChen: LOl welcome back :D bald to see your back, and as @Setsuna explained, we are merely preparing for some advanceshipping week sweetness<3

But to answer your question….I honestly can't choose my fav ADV moment, THEY'RE ALL JUST SO GOOD!!!!
But I guess the first moment I thought of was their Sinnoh goodbye, from the sparkling of Ash's eyes, to May's hand over her heart…it just screamed anime couple :D
I love that scene too. You can see in their expressiond and gestures, even without speaking, they're saying "You'll always be important for me" deep inside. :D

Continued.....
As both young trainers were staring at each other, the girl suddenly looked away, trying to hide the blushes on her face. Her heart was once again beating fast. The boy noticed the girl's reaction but didn't bother to think much about it. Moreover, there was something else that caught his attention, it was the half ribbon placed as a pendant around her neck. It somewhat made the young boy happy and warm inside, seeing how close it was to her heart. She seemed to treasure it a lot. Before things got too awkward, May looked back at Ash and did her best to speak despite the heavy feelings that's keeping her to speak clearly. "S-so A-A-Ash, what is it t-that you want to talk about?", she asked. The boy then replied.....

Last edited:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

Are you sure this week is supposed to be scheduled for Advancedshipping week? I'm pretty sure they have a different date, but when that week comes I will be in the festive mood! xD
My favorite hints were all in The Bicker and The Better, actually all of season 7 was advanceshippy, that was the season that got me into AGshipping.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Are you sure this week is supposed to be scheduled for Advancedshipping week? I'm pretty sure they have a different date, but when that week comes I will be in the festive mood! xD
My favorite hints were all in The Bicker and The Better, actually all of season 7 was advanceshippy, that was the season that got me into AGshipping.

Advanceshipping Week starts at Saturday Nov 15 to Friday Nov 21 which happens to be Advanceshipping day AND the ORAS release worldwide except Europe. There were other dates back in the past like AS Day for when the first AG aired at Japan but I think the old advancershippers of the past made it Nov 21 as that was the first AG episode that aired in the US.

Late response but yeah, I couldn't help but answer this.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Advanceshipping Week starts at Saturday Nov 15 to Friday Nov 21 which happens to be Advanceshipping day AND the ORAS release worldwide except Europe. There were other dates back in the past like AS Day for when the first AG aired at Japan but I think the old advancershippers of the past made it Nov 21 as that was the first AG episode that aired in the US.

Late response but yeah, I couldn't help but answer this.

Saturday? Well, it's Saturday here, so, happy Advanceshipping week!

Bump to this thread. Just a reminder that ADV week is coming up. So how's everyone's preparation going?

Not much, actually. Just standing on the sidelines holding popcorn.

Anyway, looks like no one's playing the game anymore. Might as well be the last one to play;

"...Just wanna bring something out of me." Ash began. "You know how this half-ribbon of mine reminds me of you and me back then?" He asked, showing the other half-ribbon, to which May nodded. "Well, this may not have happened to you before, but..." Ash trembles before he could end his sentence. In front of him, is a worried May. She had a feeling this would not be a good conversation between the two. She had to place her balled hands on her chest to prevent her heart from bursting out from the rapid beating. Ash then begans speaking again. "It... reminds me of you and Drew, too.". May's eyes shot wide open. Why did he brought Drew into the discussion? Is this what he wanted to talk about? About Drew? Surely he's not jealous, is he? Then again, he is oblivious, but that was before. May took a deep breath, and replied...

Anyone up for the challenge?

Last edited:

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Saturday? Well, it's Saturday here, so, happy Advanceshipping week!

Not much, actually. Just standing on the sidelines holding popcorn.

Anyway, looks like no one's playing the game anymore. Might as well be the last one to play;

"...Just wanna bring something out of me." Ash began. "You know how this half-ribbon of mine reminds me of you and me back then?" He asked, showing the other half-ribbon, to which May nodded. "Well, this may not have happened to you before, but..." Ash trembles before he could end his sentence. In front of him, is a worried May. She had a feeling this would not be a good conversation between the two. She had to place her balled hands on her chest to prevent her heart from bursting out from the rapid beating. Ash then begans speaking again. "It... reminds me of you and Drew, too.". May's eyes shot wide open. Why did he brought Drew into the discussion? Is this what he wanted to talk about? About Drew? Surely he's not jealous, is he? Then again, he is oblivious, but that was before. May took a deep breath, and replied...

Anyone up for the challenge?
My time to shine...

"Yes, it does. In a way." She knew how complicated this talk would be. She'd have to say the right thing at the right time. "But you know what else it reminds me of?" May started walking towards Ash, feeling somehow confident in what she was saying. "Our moments when one of us would be down on our luck and the other would come and confort the other. Our fights, at the end of which we were better than when we went in. Our laughs, at Brock's attempts at getting a girlfriend." She made sure to stress that last word. "It reminds me of all of that. And let me tell you, I didn't go to Johto to follow Drew. I went to Johto to follow my dream. Drew just happened to be there." May took the ribbon in her hand, and placed it on her chest. "Every single time I had a contest, I'd take this ribbon, and hold it close to me. When I did that, I closed my eyes, and I was able to feel your hand on my shoulder, giving me strength. I was able to hear you voice, saying 'Stay calm, you got this!'"

Damn, it's been a while since I wrote for Advanceshipping... I still got it, I guess...
I want to see a jealous Serena, seriously.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Okay lets join this little game shall we?

Ash smiled at May's warm words as she continued to speak about the her half of the ribbon - no, their ribbon. He watched as her eyes would light up as she spoke about the inspiration it gave to her in every contest she would ever enter. It made his heart skip a beat and just made him so proud of how far she became ever since they met in Littleroot town. It made him so happy that his feelings towards her were worth it...worth the wait.

Ash showed his half of the ribbon with a proud grin. "You know May, I feel the same way every time I get my half of the ribbon to. Just looking at it gives me strength when I'm down." He looked at his half of the ribbon intensely before he broke into a chuckle. "And its the only proof that I actually entered into a contest."

May smiled at her old companion. "Too bad you can't use that to enter in a Grand Festival." She teased as she waved her half of the ribbon, "Because I have the other half."

Anyone else worried that they might not bring May back, I mean they're showcasing some of the new mega Pokemon in the upcoming Strongest Mega Evolution act, Steven Stone is making an appearance, and then there's the new movie featuring Groudon and Kyogre? Maybe that's all they're doing to promote ORAS so there won't be any need to bring May back, plus I don't really see her making an appearance in any of the upcoming episodes. Hope I'm wrong though, I really want to see her in the anime again

We get a ORAS special. I know it isn't the anime May but its still May...just its her gameverse version of it.

Well you never know, we might see a little tease of May in Act III or in the movie. I really think we shouldn't close all the doors because XY is full of surprises right now.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Continuation...

As May wore her half-ribbon back to her neck and about to walk away, she felt a slightly hard pull from her right hand, and was dragged back to Ash. She found herself in his arms. "Who said I was gonna enter the Grand Festival?" Ash argued back. May didn't quite heard him, as she was debating in her mind whether or not just stare at him stupidly with an intense blush on her cheeks since she's in his arms. May chuckled, "Hehe, maybe I did?". She had an idea, and idea so risky she wouldn't see Ash again if he doesn't cooperate. She closed her eyes, and began to lean forward slowly, and, luckily for her, so does Ash. Unfortunately, in the midst of their moment...

We get a ORAS special. I know it isn't the anime May but its still May...just its her gameverse version of it.

Well you never know, we might see a little tease of May in Act III or in the movie. I really think we shouldn't close all the doors because XY is full of surprises right now.

Is it confirmed that ORAS's May's name was changed to Anna?

Last edited:
Continuation!!
Someone just covered Ash's eyes. "Hehe, guess who?" a familiar voice just said. When Ash tried to get the hands off his eyes and looked back, he saw a familiar face of a girl that he happens to know back in Unova. "Oh, it's you..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.