• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubChan

Wonderwall
What kind of video games would Ash and May enjoy playing on their own and together?
Super Smash Bros, I guess, both have a energetic personality and they love to win, SSB is a very competitive game, and I'm sure they would love playing it, May's main would be Peach, Zelda or Rosalina because their looks are beautiful, and May is a girl, so she would love to play with the girl, about Ash, I'm sure he would choose Charizard, It would be a nostalgic moment for him, since he have a charizard

Blastoys

Blastoise Fanatic
What kind of video games would Ash and May enjoy playing on their own and together?
Super Smash Bros, I guess, both have a energetic personality and they love to win, SSB is a very competitive game, and I'm sure they would love playing it, May's main would be Peach, Zelda or Rosalina because their looks are beautiful, and May is a girl, so she would love to play with the girl, about Ash, I'm sure he would choose Charizard, It would be a nostalgic moment for him, since he have a charizard

Very good choices, I see May as a casual gamer, and Ash as a hardcore gamer. Together they would enjoy games such as Super Mario 3D World,Smash Bros, Mario Party, and Mario Kart. I think May would LOVE the kirby series because Kirby is sooooo cute ^_^ (her words not mine although Kirby is cute).

Ash would enjoy Zelda games, FZero, Call of Duty, Assasins's Creed, etc.
My scenario for them playing Super Mario 3D World is this.

May:Ash why do you keeping jumping on Peach's head?
Ash chuckling: Because May, you keep getting in my way!
Ash,using Mario, jumps on Peach's head sending her to the cliff below dying.
May furious :ASH! That was totally uncalled for!
Ash laughing nervously: Sorry, I guess I (pauses) overestimated my jump?
May groaning: You guess! That's what the bubble function is for!
Ash: There's a bubble function!?
May facepalms then thinks to herself: I am going to get him for this later
Later when they are in a boss level.
Ash: Alright May one more hit should do it!
May using Peach grabs nonsuper mario and throws him into the boss killing him, she then proceeds to land the final hit on the boss.
Ash: What was that for!
May: that was payback for footstooling me to my death! May sticks her tongue out at Ash playfully.
Ash is annoyed but notices how cute May is teasing him, he then sees her tongue and remember their other kissing sessions, he then decides to kiss May and starts french kissing her.
May happily startled by this sudden turn of events gladly accepts as they go at it french kissing each other for 5 minutes.
May (thinking): Maybe I should get on Ash's nerves more often playing co-op games. tee hee it brings out the wild side in him more.

Why do you think May is the perfect girl for Ash?

My scenario above explains it. I mean they are both children at heart at times and May would allow Ash to let his inner child out. Not only that but she encourages him and gives him strength to go on when he starts doubting himself. They have a really strong friendship and she completely trusts him and he completely trusts her(which are the best qualities for a relationship). She has her own goals and ambitions and they have a lot in common. She is mostly selfless and puts Ash's needs first and she usually always looks out for his best interests. Those are some of the reasons. I will let you other guys give more so I won't steal your thunder :D

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
How did you became an advanceshipper?

For me, it started back when 1st say Haruka back in early 2003. When saw her character, I knew she'd be a suitable heroine for Satoshi and their chemistry would be great.

That's the same reason I became an advanceshipper as well. And also because of an old AMV which also got me into Within Temptation. (One of my all time fav bands.) It just felt right to me.

Last edited:

Blastoys

Blastoise Fanatic
In 2003, I was 12, so I really didnt care for romance in stories. I just watched Pokemon for the action, humor and THE BATTLES! I wish I shipped them then but oh well I am glad I do though. :)
Man, things are going slow here. Well guys I guess I will post a cool advanceshipping pic.

[imgsize=500]http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo48/Advancelove/2cgmyar1.jpg[/imgsize]

May looks really cute in Dawn's outfit. In fact I think she looks better in it than Dawn herself! :D

Attachments

• 2cgmyar1.jpg
    2cgmyar1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 4
Wah! I know I said I'll keep this thread alive as much as possible and add more drabbles but I've got tons of work to do. I apologize for that. T-T
As soon as I get a free time, I'll focus more on this thread.

For now, I'll ask this
Why do you think Ash is the best boy for May?

Blastoys

Blastoise Fanatic
It's okay Setsuna, take your time and get your work done. We can wait.
Why do you think Ash is the best boy for May?
\

Well, if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have loved Pokemon. He has helped her countless times, rescued her, comforted her when she was upset. They have really good chemistry with each other and he puts up with her "faults" pretty well. With his guidance, she blossomed into a very talented coordinator and is a force to be reckoned with on her own. They can goof off and have fun and enjoy silly moments with each other. Drew seems like a fancy pants guy, that does not like goofiness or being silly, spontaneous or in the moment. If May and Drew got in a relationship, I do not think it would last or May would be able to fully be herself as she could with Ash.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter this weekend!

Advance/Amour-Shipper

Advanceshipper
How did you became an advanceshipper?

I didn't learn about shipping in Pokemon until February. I actually started with Amourshipping, and I'd only heard of May. I did think she was cute lol, and I liked her the second most out of all of the female main characters (after Serena). I searched for amourshipping fanfics, but I couldn't find many so I settled for advanceshipping fanfics. I think the first one I read was by LuciferIX, and the next one was The Champion is Never Forgotten. Reading those, I started to get more interested in advanceshipping, and I started doing a lot of research to the point where I was torn between amourshipping and advanceshipping because May just seemed so suited for Ash. The deciding factor was when I watched the sixth Pokemon movie. As soon as I saw May, I gasped. As I kept watching, I started noting the interaction between Ash and May and was quite touched. That was when I officially switched over to being an Advanceshipper. After two hours of soulsearching, I spent an hour considering who I really shipped with Ash, and the conclusion was clear: May. It's gotten to the point where I consider Amourshipping to be the only one that can attempt to come close (but still doesn't) to Advanceshipping. Advanceshipping just feels so right. Misty argues way too much, Dawn is like his little sister, I don't even need to talk about Iris, and Serena...she clearly likes him, but him? Who knows. The show is still going on.
As for Contestshipping, it's based mainly off of May's blushing because of the roses. The problem here is that Contestshippers ignore the fact that most girls would blush if given a rose in a romantic way. (At least, I think...sorry if I've insulted anyone with that comment.) Ash has so much more chemistry and interaction with May.
In summary, I just feel that Ash and May are the most suited for each other for a variety of strong reasons.

BubChan

Wonderwall
Hello and Welcome to the Thread! ^^ It's great to see more AdvanceShipper here on serebii, let's keep our ship alive, right? Anyway, time for a new topic, so, last weekend we had the easter day, I wonder how May and Ash would spend their Easter day together, I think that they would eat a lot of chocolate, right? What do you guys think?

Blastoys

Blastoise Fanatic
Great for you to join Advance/Amourshipper. It's nice to see that you used logic in supporting your ships. Usually in shipping people don't put much logic into it.
Well Bubchan since Pokemon takes place in the real world. I mean Lt.Surge is called the Lightning American after all, then I think Ash and May would have their Easter by going to church(I think they would only go on Christmas and Easter though), and then spending the rest of the day just relaxing together and going to a restaurant and especially enjoying chocolate deserts.

Silly rabbit, Easter is for Jesus :)

Hello my fellow Advancers! I came back from the depths of hell, mwahahahaha! *cough*

"What?"

*silence*

"What?"

*Silence*

"WHAT!?"

*Yet another silence*

The brunette is starting to get annoyed with her boyfriend staring back at her. She was sitting in the back of the car while the raven haired boy is in the driver's seat looking at his girlfriend's direction and it was starting to annoy her.

"Don't look at me like that!"

The boy just kept the same poker face that he has while still looking at the back.

"You are getting on my nerves!"

The boy's silence remained.

"JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!"

".....Nothing.... I'm parking...."

This was based on a meme. :)

Hello and Welcome to the Thread! ^^ It's great to see more AdvanceShipper here on serebii, let's keep our ship alive, right? Anyway, time for a new topic, so, last weekend we had the easter day, I wonder how May and Ash would spend their Easter day together, I think that they would eat a lot of chocolate, right? What do you guys think?

Great for you to join Advance/Amourshipper. It's nice to see that you used logic in supporting your ships. Usually in shipping people don't put much logic into it.
Well Bubchan since Pokemon takes place in the real world. I mean Lt.Surge is called the Lightning American after all, then I think Ash and May would have their Easter by going to church(I think they would only go on Christmas and Easter though), and then spending the rest of the day just relaxing together and going to a restaurant and especially enjoying chocolate deserts.

Silly rabbit, Easter is for Jesus :)

Belated happy Easter to all!

Oh yes! Ash and May would definitely enjoy eating their easter chocolates as much as they enjoyed each other's valentines Honmei choco lol.

And welcome to the new comer!

Now for a question.
In what way do you think May will confess her love for Ash?

Advance/Amour-Shipper

Advanceshipper
Depends actually. There's a lot of fanfictions which do it quite well with a plot that's actually plausible even for the anime.
I'm actually planning to write my own fanfiction that includes the two things I've wanted to write for quite some time: Ash's Journey (modifed to some degree), and Advanceshipping. The Advanceshipping part will be designed/planned so that the anime could include it (I've got big plans, several of which include convincing the Pokemon company to make Pokemon end Advanceshipping). So I'll just answer the bolded question a bit vaguely (b/c specifics would be spoilers). It includes some soulsearching and quite a bit of adventure/danger. If anyone wants to help me write, I'll give them spoilers (obviously not a bribe lol).

Blastoys

Blastoise Fanatic
Welcome back Setsuna. You must have done some messed up stuff to come back from the underworld that or you were doing soulsearching like Odysseus.

I'm actually planning to write my own fanfiction that includes the two things I've wanted to write for quite some time: Ash's Journey (modifed to some degree), and Advanceshipping. The Advanceshipping part will be designed/planned so that the anime could include it (I've got big plans, several of which include convincing the Pokemon company to make Pokemon end Advanceshipping). So I'll just answer the bolded question a bit vaguely (b/c specifics would be spoilers). It includes some soulsearching and quite a bit of adventure/danger. If anyone wants to help me write, I'll give them spoilers (obviously not a bribe lol).

Good points man! I can help by being a betareader for you and make suggestions and most importantly clean up your grammar mistakes.

Like I said in my fanfiction, I believe the guy should confess to the girl first. he needs to man up and tell his girl how he feels.

However, I picture it being after May wins the Sinnoh Grand Festival. She goes back to Pallet Town after Ash comes back from winning the Kalos League. He feels empty despite winning the championship and decides not to take the Elite Four Challenge there until he does some soul searching. He pulls out his half of the Terracotton Ribbon and looks at sighing.
Where are you May? I wonder how you have been doing lately. I feel bad not contacting you. I guess I have been too preoccupied on my adventures and training Sigh

Ash comes back and is welcomed with a grand homecoming party. He is happy seeing his old travel companions and glad to catch up with them. However he is mostly excited at seeing May again. They catch up for a bit and then...
"Hey Ash can you meet me up on your roof when it gets dark, I have something to tell you". May has a small blush on her cheeks.
"Sure no problem May" Ash is smiling back at her he too has a blush on his face but May notices his unlike him not noticing hers.

When dusk falls she tells him about her travels in Johto and Sinnoh and how she too felt empty after winning the Sinnoh Grand Festival and turned down being a top coordinator traveling the regions like Wallace does. Ash mentions his similar experience in Kalos.

"I guess we are more similar than we thought huh Ash?"
Ash chuckles, "Yeah you can say that again!"
May tells her how Drew on her travels went on a few outings with her and confessed to him how he feels towards her. Ash was a little nervous and sad at that moment but cheered up when she told him, "I turned him down though. I said I did not feel that way towards him, that I hope we can remain friends."
"That's odd, I had the same experience with Serena sorta. I told her the same thing you told Drew."
"Wow, Ash our journeys are way too similar to be coincidences. After searching my feelings Ash, I came to realize something." There is a pause for a moment as she stares into his eyes and likewise does the same. "Travelling with you was the funnest times I had. I especially enjoyed our moments alone together."
"I did too May, I really missed not having you around in Unova and Kalos"
May smiled at Ash. "What I realized is Ash is that I love you!"
Ash was shocked and was as red as a tomato. "I... I l-l-love you too May"
THey suddenly embraced and locked themselves in a passionate lip locked kiss.

Hey Advancers,
Before I leave the Internet world for another long time, I'll leave a question here:

Which of your favorite Pokemon character/s (Anime/Manga/Game. oh, and not including Ash and May themselves of course) would you like to become an Advanceshipper and why do you think are they beneficial to the ship?

Advance/Amour-Shipper

Advanceshipper
Pretty nice idea, I think I'll use it. I'm still in the early planning stages, so it might be a while (waiting for summer to start actual writing, just planning out the plot atm).
My username on fanfiction . net is Lover of Pokemon, so feel free to PM me there.
I would want Dawn to help, b/c Puppeteer's Wishes by LuciferIX

Last edited:

Breeder Drew

Holy ****, this old place has activity again?

Which of your favorite Pokemon character/s (Anime/Manga/Game. oh, and not including Ash and May themselves of course) would you like to become an Advanceshipper and why do you think are they beneficial to the ship?

Well outside of May/Ash's parents, I'd say Brock, though I think he may already be one. He seems to have a great deal of influence over their decision making, and I'm sure he noticed how good they were/are for each other.

Hot Limit

I really like the idea of Ash and May's parents being shippers!! That would be extremely cute haha.

For me however, I'd want Dawn to be an advanceshipper! She would totally tease Ash, and also would help May, haha! X)

beastmode953

I really like the idea of Ash and May's parents being shippers!! That would be extremely cute haha.

For me however, I'd want Dawn to be an advanceshipper! She would totally tease Ash, and also would help May, haha! X)
How about professor oak as a shipper lol. He's old and looks wise so it'll make it look good. Plus that's the guy that kinda is ashs mentor he gave him pikachu.

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
Holy ****, this old place has activity again?

Well outside of May/Ash's parents, I'd say Brock, though I think he may already be one. He seems to have a great deal of influence over their decision making, and I'm sure he noticed how good they were/are for each other.
Haha I know right?! I haven't been here in forever!

Anyway, I like the idea of one of their close friends being an advanceshipper! In particular, I think I'd like Max being an advanceshipper, partly because I've read so many fics that he IS an advanceshipper in, it's kind of my headcanon now. XD Max would be beneficial to the ship because he's close to both Ash and May... so he'd be able to persuade them into doing things (like meeting up and leaving them alone together) or maybe even subtle hints like 'I wish we could all be together forever'. It could start to get Ash thinking about how much fun he had with them, particularly May. XD

DanEli

Gold from the Adventures Manga becauae he likes the dirty.

Hot Limit

How about professor oak as a shipper lol. He's old and looks wise so it'll make it look good. Plus that's the guy that kinda is ashs mentor he gave him pikachu.

That might be true. Yeah, I like that idea. I feel like Oak would be the one to give Ash advice as well haha.

Also, I'd like to see Team Rocket actually ship them. It would cause hilarious tension, when they're fighting them haha. Use that against them, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.