• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
A battle, why didn't that come across my mind. I can totally picture them having a battle over this.
Definitely One-Shot material.

You got a new banner. Looks nice! The previous one was awesome though

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Hahaha, no need to worry! I still have the old one, but I figured a new one was in order due to the fic being rebooted (chapter 1 is up by the way for all interested!). And haha maybe next summer I'll come back to that idea and do the one-shot. It just seems right for them to battle!

Since I'm only using my phone for now, I'm just going to ask a question

what do you think makes advanceshipping stand out compared to its rival ships?

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
I just think Ash and May have a very unique relationship. It had never been done before in Pokemon, and it hasn't ever been replicated. The closest person who's come to May's level is Serena in my opinion.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
How will Ash talk to Norman about marrying his daughter?

Well I think he would be stuttering and nervous until May comes along and gives Ash some confidence. After having by his side Ash feels more confident to ask Norman for his blessing. Norman would then say he would give his blessing if Ash can beat him in a battle. And of course, Ash wins. ;) Norman than says that even if he didn't win he would still give his blessing because he knew how much of a good guy Ash is.

Heya, my fellow Advancers! A little bit of an update in this thread won't hurt

I like all the answers that you guys gave about Ash talking to Norman about marrying May and Wuster, I'd like it if you work on a one-shot based on your answer ;)

And to answer my own question

Like you guys have said, Ash might get nervous at 1st but since he really loves May, he'll toughen up and talk to Norman about proposing to his daughter. I actually see Norman approving immediately. Just like what I read in most fanfics, Norman will think highly of Ash, being a great trainer he is. I'm sure that Norman will praise him and thank him for all the things Ash have done for May and that she'd be more than happy to have him as a son-in-law.

And another question,
Do you think that Max will approve of Ash and May's romantic relationship?

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!

I think at first, it might be a bit weird for him.. But Max loves Ash, and Ash is basically like an older-brother figure anyways. Thus, I think Max would be totally fine with it once he gets used to seeing Ash and his sister act more intimately together. I'm really holding out hope that Max and May make a reappearance in the anime (probably won't happen though), so we can see which Pokemon Max started out with!

Advance/Amour-Shipper

Advanceshipper
I can't find the exact quote but in AG 192 (the last episode) Max said to Ash that he likes it when Ash and May are together, so he would probably be a little weirded out at first but then approve. Norman...I see him as someone who would be like"If you don't take care of my daughter I'll hunt you down." But after battling Ash he would probably approve.

It is my first post on this whole forum haha so please inform me if I make any dumb mistakes.

What made you become an AdvanceShipper?

The only thing that I knew about Pokemon were the Pokemon games, but I got to find out about other partss of Pokemon such as the anime or the forums a few months ago. It hasn't been long since I got to know about the whole 'shipping' business, but I guess I became a big fan of AdvanceShipping thanks to the fanfics I read (May's Crush, Two of a Kind, even though they are a bit old) and movie 9 (Which re-aired in Korea in the cinemas a few weeks ago for some reason, they gave Manaphy for ORAS too! haha)'s cute scenes. I've also been watching AG for a few months now (Since i was 4-5 when AG first aired, I watch them on the internet, unfortunately.) and I really like the interactions that Ash and May have with each other.
I've also watched some of the other anime such as OS or DP, but the interactions between Ash and Misty/Dawn didn't interest me too much.

Oh well, Back to studying for my mid-terms~

He'll probably stutter a lot at first but then try to swallow it all up and straightly tells him that he wanted to marry his daughter in the most cheesy and cliche way.

In the last AG episode, Masato did say that he likes it when Satoshi and his "onee-san" are together, which can be assumed that he'd like it if they become a couple. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to see Haruka and his hero have a romantic relationship.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil

I think Max already looks at Ash in the older brother mold, and in the long term would be happy with Ash's relationship with May.
But he will find it weird how Ash fell for his 'geeky older sister', and obviously get a bit awkward with them acting intimate. But in the end, as long as Ash doesn't change who he is with Max, I'm sure he'll be just fine with it.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Question: Do you think May will ever make another appearance in the anime? If so, how do you think the writers will do that?

I personally don't believe May will make another appearance (though I do hope that her, Brock and Dawn eventually make a cameo or something). If the writers were going to put her in though, I feel like it would've best been done for the launch of ORAS, perhaps with May coming to see what the Showcases were all about. Next best bet is at the end of the Kalos arc.

Do you think May will ever make another appearance in the anime? If so, how do you think the writers will do that?

Oh man, as much as I'd like that to happen, I doubt her chances of coming back. :(

I hope at least May will be referenced by Ash (and maybe the status of their ribbons) sometime in the future.

Question:
For you, what object does Advanceshipping have that you like personally?

They were always my favorite TV show couple and they deserve to be together when they were pulled apart my childhood was violently ripped asunder and I've got to be honest I was 99.9% close to committing suicide after what happened in the last episode of Battle Frontier and those heartless jerks were the catalyst that destroyed my entire childhood I would love to take one of the guys a rip open his chest to see what replaced his heart but yeah sorry I just wanted to let it all out but yeah Pokémon went to sh*t after Gen 3 and nothing on Earth or Heaven will ever get me to watch the show again unless they have Ash and May get back together again and stay together and get married and have kids I mean Digimon did it so Pokémon should Ash and May 4 Ever Advanceshipping and Gen 3 4 Life.

They were always my favorite TV show couple and they deserve to be together when they were pulled apart my childhood was violently ripped asunder and I've got to be honest I was 99.9% close to committing suicide after what happened in the last episode of Battle Frontier and those heartless jerks were the catalyst that destroyed my entire childhood I would love to take one of the guys a rip open his chest to see what replaced his heart but yeah sorry I just wanted to let it all out but yeah Pokémon went to sh*t after Gen 3 and nothing on Earth or Heaven will ever get me to watch the show again unless they have Ash and May get back together again and stay together and get married and have kids I mean Digimon did it so Pokémon should Ash and May 4 Ever Advanceshipping and Gen 3 4 Life.

Since it's your first post, I welcome you fellow Advanceshipper. Well that's quite a background you got there but I'm glad you hanged in there after BF. I guess we can't help it if the writers ended Ash and May's journey together like that. I do wish something will happen that will have Ash and May reunited again and yeah, hopefully get married and have a family together. *sigh* Wishful thinking.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Do you think May will ever make another appearance in the anime? If so, how do you think the writers will do that?

Well, I had hoped she'd comeback to promote ORAS. New outfit like the games and everything. But that didn't happen so it seems unlikely she'll comeback any time soon.
But I could see a party at Ash's place where his friends are there to send him off to the next region, but that's long shot.

For you, what object does Advanceshipping have that you like personally?

For me, I think they have a great bond with each other, filled with respect and admiration. Something I didn't see with others as of yet.

On the writing note, I have 4 great drabble/short story ideas, I'll work on them this weekend.

On the writing note, I have 4 great drabble/short story ideas, I'll work on them this weekend.

Oooohhh, please do update us with this drabble, I'd love to read them. :)

Anyway, here's a bit of a challenge for those who likes to write stories:
If you were to give a plot-twist in Ash and may's relationship, how would it go? You can write a one-shot or a simple drabble to explain your answer.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Hmm.. I think the usual plot twist would be tossing Drew or Serena in there somehow.. But I personally think a really cool plot twist would be if May's fire that she used to had was gone, and Ash could reignite it.

By the way, sorry there haven't been any updates on my fic. Been really busy with school, but I'm going to try to come out with something after December exams. I have a ton of ideas, just need to find the time to type them all out!

As for a new question: "What do you think the focal point in the relationship between May and Ash is?"

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Ok guys, I don't know how many of you were around last year but remember we had advanceshipping week? Well this nearly slipped my mind but since Nov 21 is advanceshipping day, lets make advanceshipping week happen again. Woot. Let's stick with last year's dates of starting at Nov 16 to Nov 21.

Here were the themes from last year, lets try not to repeat.

Student and Teacher
Ribbon
Knight and Princess
Food and Sweets
Reunion
ORAS
(Free Choice)

Sooo anyone up for suggestions and to join in with the celebrations?

Advance/Amour-Shipper

Advanceshipper
Ash saving May from Drew? Married life? tbt Gen 3? the themes from last year cover a lot of the stuff I can think of...I'll certainly join in with the celebration though XD

Status
Not open for further replies.