• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
Oooh I shall read that eventually Chloe. Yay for more fics!

And I agree, I would like the same meaningful hints in Alola if we ever do get them together.

I'd rather have one big hint (which AG was pretty good with) rather than a bunch of small ones that end up not meaning much in the grand scheme of things.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Edit: I also noticed there was like no picture with May and Drew together. Just a thought. xD
Ha! Even the staffs wanted to forget that that grass head exists.

Glad you all liked the poem guys. Loving the new advanceshipping material coming through. Here's my latest offering: Gotta Defend Them All which is part of my May's Justice series. I'm not sure weather to add it as a new fic on ff.net or merge them together like I did with May's Justice and May's Justice for Alola.

That aside, I think it would be nice if Alolan advanceshipping was just like the advanceshipping we remembered and also add some new spark to the ship too.

Yes! A sequel and I've been waiting for this!

Ahh thank you so much! I was worried because it's my first time. Hopefully I don't disappoint anyone!

No problem! I am really interested in what you do with it. In fact after reading a lot fanfics lately I am starting to plan on writing a few of my own rice. A couple of one shots and one project which will have advanceshipping among other ships featured are in the works.

That display is amazing. I am currently rewatching the advanced series and seeing those moments together is getting me pumped for to seemore them again.

Last edited:

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
No problem! I am really interested in what you do with it. In fact after reading a lot fanfics lately I am starting to plan on writing a few of my own rice. A couple of one shots and one project which will have advanceshipping among other ships featured are in the works.

That display is amazing. I am currently rewatching the advanced series and seeing those moments together is getting me pumped for to seemore them again.
I'm updating the story today, actually! Stay tuned. And omg I'm totally to excited to read your writing! Let us know when you're done, I'm always down to read advanceshipping.

Hmm, here's a question for the writers out there:

What's the hardest thing you find writing about Ash and May?

For me it's trying to come up with something original enough that hasn't been done yet. >.<

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I'm updating the story today, actually! Stay tuned. And omg I'm totally to excited to read your writing! Let us know when you're done, I'm always down to read advanceshipping.

Hmm, here's a question for the writers out there:

What's the hardest thing you find writing about Ash and May?

For me it's trying to come up with something original enough that hasn't been done yet. >.<

I don't find them harder to write for than usual, honestly. Writing is just time consuming.

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
Hm yeah, I meant aside from the time-consuming part. I agree with that though, I usually know what to write, but writing it perfectly is what takes FOREVER. LOL. xD
Has it ever happened to you that after reading super detailed fanfics, that they start distorting the canon too? Like, I start mixing events up sometimes. That's when you know the story was good.

Also I was just watching the Bicker the Better episode again after like years, and I didn't realize how many hints they threw in that one episode.

May: "I can't stand you Ash Ketchum!"

Ash: "Gee, I'm heartbroken!"

Has Ash ever used 'heartbroken' towards any of his travelling partners, even sarcastically? lol, it might just be the dub, but it was cute.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Hm yeah, I meant aside from the time-consuming part. I agree with that though, I usually know what to write, but writing it perfectly is what takes FOREVER. LOL. xD
Has it ever happened to you that after reading super detailed fanfics, that they start distorting the canon too? Like, I start mixing events up sometimes. That's when you know the story was good.

Also I was just watching the Bicker the Better episode again after like years, and I didn't realize how many hints they threw in that one episode.

May: "I can't stand you Ash Ketchum!"

Ash: "Gee, I'm heartbroken!"

Has Ash ever used 'heartbroken' towards any of his travelling partners, even sarcastically? lol, it might just be the dub, but it was cute.

There's no note of a line change on the Dogasu's Backpack analysis of the episode. I guess it wasn't just dub-only.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
^Well that makes the 'heartbroken' comment even stronger. Omg.

Thanks for linking that analysis link btw, it's super interesting to read!

Dogasu's Backpack is one of my favorite parts of Bulbagarden. There are some really good articles. A lot of episodes only have mundane edits, but some are more substantial, like this one.

ChloboShoka

Writer
The challenge I have for writing Ash and May is getting ideas for new fics with them. I've done quite a lot with them already and want to explore new territories. I'm considering in 2018 write an advanceshipping horror fic.

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
Dogasu's Backpack is one of my favorite parts of Bulbagarden. There are some really good articles. A lot of episodes only have mundane edits, but some are more substantial, like this one.
Oh, yeah the Japanese definitely makes more sense with May's actions in that scene.

I still wish she had her old voice in the english dub for BF... that slightly ruined that season for me, even though it was a good one. Dx

And Chloe, you write a lot omg of course you'd run out of ideas. :p More than what I could think of, anyway. I think horror would be a good one to explore!
Same with the idea the person above suggested ^^

Hot Limit

The challenge I have for writing Ash and May is getting ideas for new fics with them. I've done quite a lot with them already and want to explore new territories. I'm considering in 2018 write an advanceshipping horror fic.

Yes Yes, yes!!!!

Please write advanceshipping horror! :D

See, my problem is I have so many ideas, but I just don't have the time to write them. xD I wish I did but time is lost for me now haha.

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
Ah life, always getting in the way of what we want to do. >.>

Its snowing here and it reminded me of the 'Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snowrunt' episode where Ash is like lost in a blizzard and May is holding onto his hat, lol. I need a life. xD

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
1st off Merry Christmas everyone :)

Its been a while since I've been here but that's because I usually don't have anything worth mentioning in regards to shipping, or at least nothing I consider worth sharing, but I found this neat picture someone on Deviantart made:
https://pokedigijedi.deviantart.com/art/My-Advanceshipping-Wedding-671735830

He has other Advanceshipping and opinions stuff too but your gonna have to dig through them since he post other stuff also

Hot Limit

1st off Merry Christmas everyone :)

Its been a while since I've been here but that's because I usually don't have anything worth mentioning in regards to shipping, or at least nothing I consider worth sharing, but I found this neat picture someone on Deviantart made:
https://pokedigijedi.deviantart.com/art/My-Advanceshipping-Wedding-671735830

He has other Advanceshipping and opinions stuff too but your gonna have to dig through them since he post other stuff also
That's a really great picture on Deviantart! And I mostly agree with it haha. The only thing I would switch is Dawn and Serena. I think Dawn would be the maid of honor. Not only was Dawn and Ash great friends, one of the best in the whole series imo, but May and Dawn too. May and Dawn seemed to hit it off really well and were really good friends. They are the type to be best friends in my opinion haha. So yeah, that's my only complaint hehe. Otherwise I think this was really well done! :D

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Status
Not open for further replies.