• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

comrad

Beginning Trainer
^ They might do that, and the arc could be based from the Platinum version, just like the battle frontier arc.

And it be cool if she stayed for at least a few episodes or more, unlike Misty who's stuck on gym leader duties.

But we can only guest.

Well what i think is that May might stay with them in the 5G since there's a battle fronteir in Sinnoh May might be doing her contests by then in Sinnoh as well.

I mean if they keep adding more girls then the show would be like reapeating them and show itself would get boring.

And i think also May might visit in Pallet.

Agustus

Per usual, I find myself making a visit after a long absence. Agustus (Obviously nobody here remembers me from the old thread -.-) is in fact still alive and still representing all Advanceshippers 'cross the world.

Would you still support Advanceshipping even if it didn't happen?
Of course. Even if two characters are paired in a series, it doesn't mean the end. After all, not everyone marries their first girlfriends. Furthermore, leaving Pokemon at an ending where Ash ends his adventure alone gives you the use of your imagination, wondering if maybe after he puts his Pokeballs down he goes to the phone and calls May to make plans that evening. The possibilities are endless! :3

Furthermore, I definitely agree with HunterRule that there would still be a community of Advanceshippers running even without the ship becoming canon.

How would you envision AdvanceShipping in the future?
Hrm... I've always thought that the confession scene would have to be really, really adorable. It would probably be opened up by some reminiscing on Ash and May's parts on their experiences together, then Ash slowly placing his hand upon hers and telling her about how much their travels have meant to him. She'd blush, saying that it meant a lot to her too, and that she hoped that they could make more in the future. Then Ash would slowly, yet awkwardly, work his way to her face, say something cheesy like "We can make more" and go in for the kill.

What made you become an AdvanceShipper?
It was mainly how adorable the shipping was. I had quite the crush on May myself in my younger days, and found myself imagining the two of them together as a way of putting myself with her. That was when I was quite younger, though, and now I can't say that I do things of that sort anymore. Nonetheless, I still have a soft spot for that ridiculously adorable couple <3

'Till I see you again!
~Agustus

@Swampert55: Those fanarts that you made are terrific! :D

Last edited:

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
Well can you tell us the differences in the manga and the movie and what hints you found. im interested about the manga and the movie and what they do/don't have in common.

But The Horizon, I'm in with midnightmoon, what was the title of the book, exactly? I'm really interested to know. Plus, if they have it a Barnes and Noble, could you let me know? I want to know the title so I can search also.

Questions, questions, questions. Now, where should I start? First of all, the title of the manga is the same as the movie, Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. You want to know some differences, here's one: You know that scene in the movie when May was fast asleep and she had that dream where she was swimming around the ocean and meets up with a Manaphy and then starts swimming towards it and spots the underwater temple? Now, in the manga, it's all the same; but, in that dream May had before, she is actually naked. I did a double take when I saw that and it kinda got stuck in my head.
In the manga, they don't have certain parts of the movie like for example, the highly acclaimed Luvdisc scene. Sorry, not in there. The Advanceshipping hints, as I said before, are more apparent, but I am really not in that position to say how for the reason of spoiling. You're just gonna have to find out yourself. If you can find it at Barnes and Noble, that's great.
I found it at Borders and you are more likely to find it there if there is a Borders in your area.

Now time for my randomness:

A - Awesome
D - Damn
V - Very good
A - Alone in the dark
N - Nothing is certain, nothing is better
C - Cuddling in progress
E - Exhilarating
S - So close, no matter how far. Couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trusting who we are. And nothing else matters.
H - High on fire
I - Into Eternity
P - Popular on demand
P - Productive
I - I WILL BE. I WILL BE. I WILL BE HEARD.
N - NOW IS THE TIME FOR ME TO RISE FROM MY FEET. WIPE THE SPIT FROM MY FACE. WIPE THESE TEARS FROM MY EYES.
G - Godlike

Last edited:

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
RANDOMNESS EVERYWHERE!!!

Anyway, let me post some stuff from the new topics! And thanks The Horizon, I'll make sure to stop by some time and have a look. LOL, I think the Japanese definitely have the kid-friendly and the adult-friendly aspects!

How would you envision Advanceshipping in the future?
I think that in the future it will be harder for us Advanceshippers to keep the boat on calm waters because of opposition from the gen five girl. But, nonetheless, we'll still be the nicest of them all!

Not to mention that in the 5th gen, May will have to make more return appearances and partake in some of the new contests that the 5th gen fill partakes in.

What made you become an Advanceshipper?
Really, the turning point from my Pokeshipping, which is now dead for me, by the way, was at the very first episode of the Hoenn Saga. If you remember, Pikachu had blown up her bike as had the other two girls, and then was rescued by Ash, and then transported to the Littleroot Town Birch Lab for a recovery. Then May wanted to speak with Ash and Pikachu in the morning about her bike, but she immediately softened when she saw him muttering in his sleep.

That moment when she said, "Wow, Ash has been taking care of his Pikachu all night long." and then slightly closed the door as a reflex, told me that something was going to happen between the two of them.

NOW FOR RANDOMNESS!

Always
Determened,
Very
Advanced,
Never
Cliche,
Ever.

Such Passion,
Heroes,
Igniting It's
Past. And its
Present
Igniting,
Never ending
Good.

Moreover, there's
Always
Yet to come.

Always
Shipping
Here: At the Advanceshipping General Discussion Thread.

A New Advertisement for the Thread Has Been Born!
And I didn't even have a goal for anything at all! Talk about random...

NOW FOR RANDOMNESS!

Always
Determened,
Very
Advanced,
Never
Cliche,
Ever.

Such Passion,
Heroes,
Igniting It's
Past. And its
Present
Igniting,
Never ending
Good.

Moreover, there's
Always
Yet to come.

Always
Shipping
Here: At the Advanceshipping General Discussion Thread.

A New Advertisement for the Thread Has Been Born!
And I didn't even have a goal for anything at all! Talk about random...

oh, nice advertisement 8D We could use that xD
And who knew your randomness would catch on, Mel!

I just instantly fell in love with the ship. But part of me being so obsessive over it is just the fact that there are other people to just talk about it with, like this thread. Had it not been for this thread, my love for advanceshipping probably wouldn't have survived this long

Personaly i was normally a pokeshipper. when Misty left i was sad. then soon the frist AG episode aired here in Australia. i thought Misty would come back until a new girl with brown hair by the name of May was introduced. After that i just feel in love with the two(AshxMay) and that's when i gave up hope for pokeshipping and joined advanceshipping.

VoltTacklingPika

What made you become an Advanceshipping?
Hmm... I'm actually not entirely sure.

Back in the day - something like ten years ago - I only used to watch Pokemon because it was there on the TV every morning. This continued for like six or seven more years. Then, Toonami came along and started showing Pokemon AG. But then, I only watched it to fill up an hour or so...

Then that horrible dub came along...

I must of spent a year or so not watching the anime. I still played the games though. Then I suddenly got back into it after watching a couple of DP episodes. I started exploring the fandom a bit more and then I found this foriegn concept of putting charcaters into a relation. My curiosity piqued, I started to learn a bit more. Then, I knew I had to watch most of the episodes to fully understand why people were putting Ash and Misty together, and Ash and May.

A bit of internet searching later, I found a great website where I could watch any english episode to my heart's content. I started at AG1 and looked specifically for these so called hints. I'm not sure what happened from there, but something just clicked. I suddenly thought that I really like this pairing of Ash and May - perhaps it was because I thought May was cool, or maybe I thought it was cute (*shudders* I'm never using that word again...), whatever the reason, I just liked it.

Of course, the people in these forums helped influence me somewhat. Lots of great fanart and fiction, as well. Even after comparing Advanceshipping with other rival ships such as Contestshipping and Pokeshipping, I thought: "Advanceshipping can work - It has certain capabilities that others don't."

About six months later, I still support this ship. Nothing will ever change that.

And that, is but a small preview of VoltTacklingPika's autobiography. Want to learn more? Go to a bookstore! <_<

Wow, I can really ramble when I want to...

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Per usual, I find myself making a visit after a long absence. Agustus (Obviously nobody here remembers me from the old thread -.-) is in fact still alive and still representing all Advanceshippers 'cross the world.

Good to have you back Agust, I hope you'll enjoy yourself in this new thread. I've already answered the topics you made/answered but I still have that scene thing, so let's give that a shot.

Okay, I want to set this scene somewhere in the Hoenn season, because till this very day that was the time our shipping was closest to canon. I’ve decided to make it Ash centered this time and no real ‘confession’ because that would be a bit too much out of character imo. Excuses for the horrible quality, I’m new at this and I made this in 10 minutes ^^

It was already quite late in the evening, four young travelers had just set up their camp in the forest. They decided all to go to sleep because it had been a very exhausting day.
After five minutes three of them where already sleeping, but the last one couldn’t.

‘That was one exciting day, don’t you think buddy?’ Asked a raven haired boy his pokemon.

‘Pi-Pikachu!’ The electric mouse nodded.

The pokemon trainer continued: ‘Another badge and another friend for our collection.
We’ve already made a lot of friends on our journeys.’

‘Pika-pika.’ His yellow friend reacted with a sound of joy.

‘We’ve made friends and rivals in almost every place we’ve visited. But ofcourse our very dear friends are the once we traveled with.’
‘Let’s see, so far we’ve got Misty and Tracey, who are now far away from us, and then ofcourse Brock, Max and M-a...

As the boy pronounced the names of his friends he watched them sleep peacefully in their sleeping bags. But when he was about say the last name he felt a funny but warm feeling inside of him. He stopped talking to stare at her; a girl with brown and beautiful blue eyes, softly talking in her own sleep. ‘Bulbasaur.. you’re the best..’

While he watched her, he could only think of how cute she looked in her red sleeping bag, talking in her own sleep. ‘Even in her dreams she only thinks about her pokemon and contests. Her pokemon are her friends too and she’s always caring about them.’ He thought, as a small smile came to his face.

Then looked around him to see if Pikachu was still awake and waiting for him to finish his story, but his first pokemon had already found a soft place to sleep. The electric mouse would normally react when his trainer just stopped talking like this but he must’ve felt it was alright. Pikachu could always tell wether his trainer acted strange out of good or bad feelings. And despite feeling a bit funny and sweaty, most of all Ash felt really good.

After turning his view back to the coordinater, who has stopped talking in her sleep, he looked back at all the great times he had with her. ‘Together we’ve had some though challenges, but we always made it through. Since the day I met her, I never felt scared again. Even when Pikachu was kidnapped I always felt strong because I knew she was by my side.’

‘She’s always optimistic and ready to help someone when help is needed. And although she has a strong personality and she is determend to achieve her goals, she hardly ever has to fight about it.’ Yeah, that’s what he liked about her the most.

After giving her a last glance, Ash himself went to sleep, only to dream about all the adventures that where ahead of him.

Mel-Girl

left. right.

I always liked the idea of it, cuz they seemed like a cute pairing but then Gazmof's fic made me think about it more and he converted me into a fulltime Advanceshipper. =D I know, uninspiring tale, but Gaz is my AS convertor. *glomps*

LOL, my randomness caught on. Woohoo! And nice scene, Hunter. =D Oh and I found fanart yesterday so if I can find them again, I'll post them...

It was already quite late in the evening, four young travelers had just set up their camp in the forest. They decided all to go to sleep because it had been a very exhausting day.
After five minutes three of them where already sleeping, but the last one couldn’t.

‘That was one exciting day, don’t you think buddy?’ Asked a raven haired boy his pokemon.

‘Pi-Pikachu!’ The electric mouse nodded.

The pokemon trainer continued: ‘Another badge and another friend for our collection.
We’ve already made a lot of friends on our journeys.’

‘Pika-pika.’ His yellow friend reacted with a sound of joy.

‘We’ve made friends and rivals in almost every place we’ve visited. But ofcourse our very dear friends are the once we traveled with.’
‘Let’s see, so far we’ve got Misty and Tracey, who are now far away from us, and then ofcourse Brock, Max and M-a...

As the boy pronounced the names of his friends he watched them sleep peacefully in their sleeping bags. But when he was about say the last name he felt a funny but warm feeling inside of him. He stopped talking to stare at her; a girl with brown and beautiful blue eyes, softly talking in her own sleep. ‘Bulbasaur.. you’re the best..’

While he watched her, he could only think of how cute she looked in her red sleeping bag, talking in her own sleep. ‘Even in her dreams she only thinks about her pokemon and contests. Her pokemon are her friends too and she’s always caring about them.’ He thought, as a small smile came to his face.

Then looked around him to see if Pikachu was still awake and waiting for him to finish his story, but his first pokemon had already found a soft place to sleep. The electric mouse would normally react when his trainer just stopped talking like this but he must’ve felt it was alright. Pikachu could always tell wether his trainer acted strange out of good or bad feelings. And despite feeling a bit funny and sweaty, most of all Ash felt really good.

After turning his view back to the coordinater, who has stopped talking in her sleep, he looked back at all the great times he had with her. ‘Together we’ve had some though challenges, but we always made it through. Since the day I met her, I never felt scared again. Even when Pikachu was kidnapped I always felt strong because I knew she was by my side.’

‘She’s always optimistic and ready to help someone when help is needed. And although she has a strong personality and she is determend to achieve her goals, she hardly ever has to fight about it.’ Yeah, that’s what he liked about her the most.

After giving her a last glance, Ash himself went to sleep, only to dream about all the adventures that where ahead of him.

Nice scene Hunter_RuLe. i like it. ^_^

Nice scene Hunter_RuLe. i like it. ^_^

Really you guys, is there no point in putting up these rules? o___O
I hate to always be going on about it like this but if no one's going to bother to read the rules than I have to.

midnightmoon, rule 5, read it please. Other than that, you're now considered as warned.

Rule 5 said:
5. All your posts should be substantial. Posting something along the lines of "I agree!" and nothing else is spam. Please elaborate or wait until later to post, when you have something more substantial to say.

Well, realistically, I don't see it that much different than what it is today. If we're lucky, May will still have random cameos in the anime giving a bigger chance for Advanceshipping to live.
Though I guess losing hope for this ship now won't do any good, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut. :p

What's your favorite Advanceshipping AMV? Provide link if you want to

Miss-ADV

Grand Coordinater
Hellooo everyone^__^
I was ill so I could not post...... Sad don't you think?=P

foxcrystal, you need to credit your pictures. Has that not been stressed enough? Linking back to photobucket isn't giving credit where credit is due -__- You guys, please pay attention to the rules!
....... I have a lot of pics which are real good..... But If you don't know who the artist is can't you post it here?

The same...... But I hope May will come back to the main cast. She does has a reason for coming back. But I don't think she will, but I hope. Maybe there will be more cameos with May. And the far, far, far future? I dunno^^;;.

To hard.... Uhmm I think: Ash and May: Because you live, This is the link http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=XlES6Mc8FIs

[IMG139]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb271/vaporeonespeon/Pokemon/Ash%20and%20May/AAM55.jpg[/IMG139] < From Suzu, Sooo Sweet ^_____^

....... I have a lot of pics which are real good..... But If you don't know who the artist is can't you post it here?

Welcome back =D

Well, you sorta need to credit the art, to be fair to the artist since they're the ones who put the hard work in to drawing, the least we can do is just say that it belongs to them ^^;;;

Nice fan art btw! lol

Hard to decide really, since there are so many, but this one's my ultimate favorite: Kiss the Girl- Poofnicole

STJ

meh..^_^'
How would you envision Advanceshipping in the future?

I honestly don't expect much different unless the writers actually do something that isn't expected ^^'

That doesn't bother me too much, though. I do hope we see May on a more permanent basis.. but perhaps that is just wishful thinking.

How would you react if Aamayl was canon?

I think that would depend upon how the writers made it canon...

For example..

Pokemon ends with an epilogue and everyone just finds out that Ash married May

STJ - Serious? O_O!

But like alot of people, I think my reaction would generally act with surprise.. my happiness meter would change depending on how they wrote it in

Miss-ADV

Grand Coordinater
Welcome back =D

Well, you sorta need to credit the art, to be fair to the artist since they're the ones who put the hard work in to drawing, the least we can do is just say that it belongs to them ^^;;;

Nice fan art btw! lol

Aww thank you^^ You're right...... I'm just too lazy to make fan-art by myself and when I try too make art it looks ugly>__<

How would you react If Aamayl became canon?
I would dance and scream and roll and jump.....And probably hit my head>.<. And would be happy all my life. Or I could not believe it and just sit in front of the tv with very big eyesXD.

[IMG139]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb271/vaporeonespeon/Pokemon/Ash%20and%20May/AAM56.jpg[/IMG139] < From Suzu, the First Kiss?^^

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
How would you react If Aamayl became canon??

I would be as glad as I would have been if I win an gold medal in the Olympic Games :D

May thinks Ash is Amazing It is made by my first friend on Youtube: hikariangel1988 :) Most of my fevorite Advanceshipping AMV's has she made :)
Advanceshipping ~ Never Alone made by innocentgoldeneyes
And last I have to put my own most watched Advanceshipping AMV: May Needs Ash (made by me)

Last edited:

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer

I don't watch AMVs, so I can't comment.

I think STJ has the best idea - just something really simple telling us that Ash and May were now married upon the series' end (or Ash's retirement). Maybe the camera could pan away from their living room and you just see a photo of their wedding day on the mantlepiece with Dawn and Max throwing confetti over them with their huge smiles. I think that'd be a really nice and tasteful way to convey the relationship in the series ^^

I'll do one of those scene things when I can think of a fitting one :p

Status
Not open for further replies.