• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

STJ

meh..^_^'
When it comes to love, do you think Brock is bad influence to Ash?

Well.....Not really, but only because from my perspective Ash doesn't really take much notie of Brock's going's on in that area

Oh, I'm pretty sure that he's aware that Brock likes girls and everything, but I very much doubt he cares, so no, if only because he hasn't really influenced Ash in that area at all

and I still recall the dub line

Ash - Geee.. I hope I never turn out like that ^^'

Or something similar along those lines

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
oh no, I never thought that Brock would be a bad influence. True, Brock's ways of love end up as jokes, but maybe his.... ar.... experience (if you counted being rejects numerous times as experience) can help Ash a little =)

The Horizon

The Forgotten One

Brock can always help Ash out any way he can, especially if it's on love. May's not likely to turn down Ash so it would be helpful. What doesn't work for Brock might work for others. By the way, this topic seems a little broad because it can apply to any ship.

Create the perfect soundtrack solely dedicated to Advanceshipping.

*is not a very creative person*

I do not believe any of it. You are a very creative person. Maybe you're just shy, but that's okay. I can show you how creative you are.

May fidgeted in her place as she realized what she'd done. What she had just done.

She'd written down a letter for Ash.

It sounded so simple, right? A simple letter for a clueless Pokemon-obsessed teenage boy. But, it wasn't. No, because it wasn't like any other letter. This letter was important. Because the tiny words written on it could either break their friendship or make it even better. She hoped, of course, that it would make it better. Any other option would probably weigh on her heart forever.

May sighed, allowing her nervous, excited feelings out. She could remember the words perfectly as she'd written them down the day before.

Come meet me by the bench outside, alone.

The words, as she'd written them then, almost felt meaningless, innocent at the time. But now with the idea of telling him, like really, really telling him, she realized how meaningful they really were. After all, it wasn't everyday you finally spill your feelings to your best friend, was it?

"Hey May, what's up?"

His voice startled her out of her thoughts and even made her heart beat race underneath her chest. "N-nothing," she stumbled along her words, almost forgetting how to talk as he sat down beside her.

"You wanted to see me?" Ash asked, pulling up the single white piece of paper as evidence.

"Y-yeah," she breathed in response, failing to make eye contact. Who knew it would be this hard to tell your teacher, you pokemon mentor, how you really felt about him? "Ash..." May's eyes met with his curious stare, and she couldn't help the smile that took over her features.

"Something exciting, huh?" Ash guessed, tilting his head to the side.

May nodded. "Yeah," she said, her hand reaching up to her heart. "Something like that." She looked back up at him, nervous or not, she realized, she had to tell him. There was nothing to lose. Nothing...

And yet, it felt as if she would lose everything... if he broke her heart.

May felt a frown reach her face, remembering the possibility of heartbreak.

"Hey, May, what's wrong?" Ash asked, worry now tainting his voice.

"I'm fine..." May whispered in response, staring up at the young pokemon trainer.

Ash stared down at May with his calm chocolate eyes, waiting for her to speak, his hat put on his messy raven hair, his barely combed messy raven hair. May smiled slightly, had he come all the way here after waking up?

It was so unbelievable and yet, yet... it was so Ash.

"May," Ash said, calling out to her. "What's wrong? You can tell me."

You can tell me

And just like that.

May suddenly felt sure.

She suddenly felt so sure of herself then, with Ash staring down at her worried, she knew she had to do this. Her words were pasted in her brain, the butterflies in her stomach were calm, awaiting for her to speak.

"Ash?"

"Yeah?"

"Ash," May took a hold of the raven haired boy's hand, the butterflies in her tummy fluttering their wings. But no...

No, she couldn't back out now.

"May?" Ash peaked an eyebrow, waiting for her to continue.

He was always like that though, always so helpful, so nice to her.

"Ash," May said, beaming at him. "I love you." Without waiting for his reply, May pecked him on the cheek, sealing her feelings along with it.

Because in the end, it really didn't matter if he liked her or not, had it? As long as he knew of her feelings.

May opened her eyes, watching as Ash's hand flew to his cheek, blushing bright red. The young brunette smiled. It really didn't matter if he didn't like her, and yet...

... She still wished he did.

"M-May...?" Ash stuttered, May blinked.

"Yeah?"

The young pokemon trainer looked away from May, failing to make eye contact.

"Ash, is something the matter?" May attempted to reach for the young man before freezing.

Because then, she heard it.

So small.

So quiet.

So low.

And at the same time, so obvious.

"I l-love you too."

Love...

May beamed then, feeling so happy. Feeling as if no one could be happier than she was at that moment. Feeling as the butterflies within her flew out. And then, there was nothing else May could do but laugh. Laughing out all of her nervous and excited feelings, laughing them out until Ash was laughing along with her. Maybe he was nervous as well, May guessed as she squeezed her new boyfriend's hand. "I love you, Ash."

Ash blinked, and still blushing, he pulled the tip of his hat downward, covering his eyes. "Yeah..." He said, smiling. "I love you, too, May."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

You see? I like it, other people like it. Creative too. You shouldn't be doubting your creativity.

Last edited:
Ash and May have had their wedding and now they are having a party. You have been invited to that party and you get to speak to the pair of them. What will you say to them?

i'd congratulate ash on being such a lucky guy and thank may for making me the stripper for her bachelorette party

Pseudo-Legendary

Expert IV Trainer
Whats your favorite advanceshiiping fanfic/one-shot? Post link if you want

mines gotta be MC2:Final Frontier, by pikamasteradv.i just wish he'd finish it...2 more frikin chapters!

Agustus

My favorite was removed -.-

I do not believe any of it. You are a very creative person. Maybe you're just shy, but that's okay. I can show you how creative you are.

You see? I like it, other people like it. Creative too. You shouldn't be doubting your creativity.

ehehe, thank you very much ^^ I mean, I'm not very creative when it comes to stuff other than stories and junk, but thankies very much ^___^
yay, thanks to you too C.Gholy!

well, it's always changing, atm, my favorite AS fanfic has to be Gazmof's: Good Love Charm and my favorite one-shot is and always will be Raevell's Sweet Kiss =D

VoltTacklingPika

Whats your favorite advanceshiiping fanfic/one-shot?
I like them all, though a few stand out amongst the rest. May's Crush (PikamasterADV), Two of a Kind (Cybercubed) and A Different Kind of Rivalry (KrystalClear101) have to be my top three.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
The first one I read was quite lemony, but I loved the storyline. I think it was, "Through the rain--- something" I gave the link to Sp1der, and probably she knows the title of the fanfiction.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
The first one I read was quite lemony, but I loved the storyline. I think it was, "Through the rain--- something" I gave the link to Sp1der, and probably she knows the title of the fanfiction.
Let me tell you that you're wrong, I'm a man.
yes you did give me the link: Running in the Rain

May's Crush for the win! As for one-shots, I don't remember the title of my favorite one.

EarthBorn

ConVulATiON
/EarthBorn steps in after weeks of lurking...

Two of a Kind by Cybercubed. Creative, fun, fluffy, calm, serious...I could go on forever. I didn't quite like the later, darker parts although 3/4th of the story is just pure gold and fantastically written.

lol. Actually, that's an interesting question. I think Brock is a very sensible person overall, it's just his hormone levels don't seem to be normal. I think Ash, despite his denseness, knows this - but he also knows Brock's good sides too. I guess when you've been friends for that long, having to constantly rely on each other, you come to know the other person exceedingly well.
Brock's not a bad influence, quite the contrary. Ash now knows how not to approach girls.

A proposl huh. . . When, how, and where would Satoshi propose to Haruka when it's the time to do so?

There are tons of fics out there, go and read them. Some of them have...unusual ideas on this situation. I think that May will propose to Ash, not the other way around. :D

PS: How does the new banner look? Readers of my fic might be able to pick out a few suspiciously familiar elements in it. ;)

Aah, I'd post here more if it wasn't for school D: But because of school, I don't know how often I'll be able to come back to the AS thread or how often Gaz would be able to come back either. (Not sure about Hunter though, tbh) Anyways, welcome New ASers if there are any!

/EarthBorn steps in after weeks of lurking...

welcome back xD

PS: How does the new banner look? Readers of my fic might be able to pick out a few suspiciously familiar elements in it. ;)

I really like your banner EarthBorn, for one thing, it does have an interesting yet mysterious(?) look to it. I like how it turned out! Did you make it yourself?

Well, back to advanceshipping since we haven't had a lot of action lately...

How has your opinion of advanceshipping changed since the beginning of Hoenn to now?

lahlahlah, please answer anyway you can =D

ChloboShoka

Writer
Anyone who wants to have a look at my screenshot edit feel free http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/CGholy/photomanips/ribbonoflove.png

Too many to mention. XD And some have already been mentioned.

How has your opinion of advanceshipping changed since the beginning of Hoenn to now?
Before Hoenn - Well she would look good with Ash.

Start of Hoenn - She's a bit ditzy, but she's cute. May and Ash are rather suited.

During Hoenn - Enjoying the fan fics, fan art and AMV's, thought that people saying Ash and May look cute together was a bit cliche so I ended saying Ash and May should have Sex. I liked the hints as well.

After Hoenn - Knew that May would return and still liked Advanceshiping. Started writing a one shot then.

Now - I still love it now. ^_^

VoltTacklingPika

How has your opinion of advanceshipping changed since the beginning of Hoenn until now?
To be honest, my opinion hasn't changed. Regretably, I didn't see AG until after every episode was out, so I had all the 'material' required to formulate an opinion and since May left, there is nothing that can change it (no outside interference will change my opinion). Had I watched AG from when it first aired, then my opinion would change as the series progressed and more hints came to surface.

EarthBorn

ConVulATiON
Uzamaki Hinata said:
I really like your banner EarthBorn, for one thing, it does have an interesting yet mysterious(?) look to it. I like how it turned out! Did you make it yourself?

Yeah, I made it myself. Glad you like it.

It has changed in that way that I liked it more. To be honest, I began re-watching Pokemon when we were near the end of the Battle Frontier in the English dub, so I took it upon myself to watch every episode of the AG saga, right from the beginning.
Obviously, the idea grew on me. So much that I've started wasting time on it. ;)

yeah it has for me. the more i watch the AG all the way to the battle frontier i relize that this ship has a good chance to actually happening (for me). im kind a resercher when it comes to pokemon. i find the best ships that have a chance to actually happening.

For me, Advanceshipping is a part of me now. i have no idea if it will ever get out of me. ^_^

VoltTacklingPika

Here's a new topic:

Assume that Ash decided to take up co-ordinating along side May. Would the interactions and chemistry between them, more specifically the student-teacher dynamic, be different? If so, in what way(s)? What do you think Advanceshipping would be like?

Assume that Ash decided to take up co-ordinating along side May. Would the interactions and chemistry between them, more specifically the student-teacher dynamic, be different? If so, in what way(s)? What do you think Advanceshipping would be like?

If Ash did well the chemistry would increase. Ash did help May how to catch pokemon in the 1st few episodes of AG so i think May would like to repay him. i think the dynamic wouldn't change as fast. they just friends and i think the dynamic would slowly increase. we can't expect Ash's deness to go away overnight.

the advanceshipping would might increase as well since they know each other pretty well. all the advanceshippers wouldn't stop watching their TV's and be praying for a hint even some don't consider it a hint.

I think there would be a few student-teacher dynamic between them. as they travel together.

And while i was looking in the internet i found this.
WTF.jpg

I personaly think this is fake but whoever did this did a pretty good job on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.