• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
Imagine Ash and May would've been rivals instead of traveling friends, would you still like Advanceshipping?

Nice. This is a great question, seeing how it gets me thinking. Well, for me, I think, just as many others have pointed out, their personalities would stay the same, and allow me to like their characters all the same. Now, I probably wouldn't think of the ship the same way as I would currently, but it'd be more along the lines of "it could happen", and be something like a backup support ship if my main one gets routed out.

To Uza-chan: I completely understand your mode of thought. Have no shame at all, seeing how you're a senior now. Best of luck for whatever you do! Also, if this thread REALLY requires a Co-owner or whatever the case, I'm always on the spot and willing.

swampert55

Hello, everyone. I haven't put up a post in quite a long time.

Imagine Ash and May would've been rivals instead of traveling friends, would you still like Advanceshipping?
Obviously. There are some shippings involving rivals that seem to make sense (like Abilityshipping). Considering that a disproportionate number of hints occur in episodes where Ash and May are battling or otherwise competing against each other, these types of situations seem to show the strength of their relationship.

On another related topic: it is a plausible situation that in the future, the writers may bring May back and actually put her in the "rival" role. It would be interesting to see how that unfolds.

~FireLeaf~

♫ Miss Murder ♫
Aww, sad...Uza's leaving...never knew you, but, everyone'll miss you...

What is your favourite piece of Advanceshipping art?

Same one as lotr297. One of the first ones I looked at, actually, and I really liked it.

I think so, I'm not really sure. :s It would have been cool if they were rivals and not just the beginning as the teacher-and-klutzy-apprentice and then becoming best friends several episodes later, but May wouldn't have appeared as much. And besides, they're more likely to end up together with traveling as best friends side by side rather than taking separate paths as two competitive rivals. But anyhow, they still look cute, and as long as the personalities remain the same, I'll still go for it.

On another related topic: it is a plausible situation that in the future, the writers may bring May back and actually put her in the "rival" role. It would be interesting to see how that unfolds.

They did put her in the theme...o_o I want her to come back, I wonder what will happen then?

Last edited:

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
Oh, Uzamaki's leaving? I never really knew you, but, goodbye!

Now, back on topic:

What is your favorite piece of Advanceshipping art?
All of Endless-Summer's work on deviantART. She is neutral with Advanceshipping, but she still draws fanart.

Imagine Ash and May would have been rivals instead of travelling friends. Would you still like Advanceshipping?
Of course! I love those kind of relationships! Ash and May could have had a great love-hate relationship. (As shown in The Bicker The Better!)

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Oh, Uzamaki's leaving? I never really knew you, but, goodbye!

Woah what? leaving? what?

Imagine Ash and May would have been rivals instead of travelling friends. Would you still like Advanceshipping?

YES!!! I think that would've been really cute! There'd be a little more cuteness with the bickering and cometitiveness that we'd see between them! <3333 I would totally still support it.

~riolulu

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Uza's leaving... ;.; We'll miss you, Uza, but I'm gonna make sure you post occasionally or else :D

It would be interesting if the writers ever made an alternate universe episode, at least :D

You do that Gaz! I'm sure she will watch us now and then just to see how the ship (and you xD) are doing.

And I would love to see such an alternative universe episode =)

Woah, for a second there I thought Hunter was some strange new guy acting like he owned the thread, since he got rid of Corphish.

I Know! I still need to get used to it myself, but I felt (my) times have changed around here and I needed something new.

What is your favourite piece of Advanceshipping art?

Miss-ADVs pick used to be my favourite for a long time and I still think Suzu's work is amazing. However, lately I'm more a fan of PD+ and Jinx, their work just looks so damn cute (and funny at times too).

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!
Imagine Ash and May would have been rivals instead of traveling friends. Would you still like Advanceshipping?

I'd probably would, it really depends how they react to each other as rivals, but I expect it to be more of a friendly rivalry based on how they were as traveling buddies. Nothing wouldn't change much besides that they're going against each other instead of working together.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Hey everyone!
Its been a long time!

Imagine Ash and May would have been rivals instead of traveling friends. Would you still like Advanceshipping?

It would really depend how they think of each other.And also there are lots of rival pairings.It woild be weird but i'll still support the shipping.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Guys, I know it's sad someone is leaving but send them your goodbyes and messages via profile messages or PMs. Thanks.

beoderro

Unactive :(
What would be the best place/ or way to Ash and May meet each other again?

Just came on my mind so I decided to add it as a new topic. Hopefully the new topic would bring some activity ^^

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
What's the best place or way for Ash and May to meet eachother again?

I would say if May came back, she should really come off and run to Ash with a hug. <3 That would be sweet. Maybe even a little kiss...? :)

Aw, thanks for all the kind words guys :D

Idk, haha, I think the way they met was fine :D

@ Tiffany: Yeah, I'm sorry, but I don't really understand how you can give a warning to the Advanceshippers for saying bye when the Pokeshipping thread was let go okay. I mean, at least these guys were still on topic. :/

lotr297

wahaha
Goodbye Uzamaki!! We shall miss you!!

On topic:

Ummm, Probably if they were still the same people, I wonder what the hints would have been like if that was reality...

What's the best place or way for Ash and May to meet each other again?
Littleroot Town at Prof Birches lab, or Pallet town at Prof Oaks lab. Then they can chat and catch up on each others lives, then they can decide to go to a new region together! Now if only the pokemon writers were reading this...

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?

I agree with Uza, I think the writers handled May's first cameo pretty well. I think we got all we could realisticly wish for with the ribbon moment. I think the next meeting could be on a big tournament such as the Sinnoh League or Grand Festival. It would be nice if we could see Ash and May rooting for eachother.

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
Awwww...

Bye, Uza-chan.

"May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all that your heart might desire."
~Traditional Irish Blessing

(Lol, I bet you have no idea if I have Irish roots or not now:p .)

*Agrees with Hunter*

Do you think Ash and/or may will have a seperate relationship before they get together? (Example: Ash dates Misty, and then they break up, and then he dates May.) Will that strengthen their eventual relationship?

EarthBorn

ConVulATiON
Do you think Ash and/or may will have a seperate relationship before they get together? (Example: Ash dates Misty, and then they break up, and then he dates May.) Will that strengthen their eventual relationship?

Possible, but I'm certain that something like that will never happen in the anime. We don't even have relationships, let alone any romantic drama. In a more...um, "realistic" or scenario, that could happen between May and Drew but I doubt that would happen with Ash, given his character.

Grand Fest/ League. Pretty much what Hunter said.

Probably not. Too much like Contest dor my liking. Besides, it was Ash who drove May into the contest circuit and inspired her. :D

Last edited:

beoderro

Unactive :(

No, I think they don't need that. Their bond is strong already. ^^
But there's one possibility. Drew dumb May, like some fangirl. May gets sad and then find her comforter, Ash. Then you know what happen.
I stayed so realistic... xd

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Do you think Ash and/or may will have a seperate relationship before they get together?

I've read some fics that turned out this way and I must say the idea doesn't bother my too bad, but I really prefer that May will be Ash's first (and only?) girl (and don't even get me started about may =P). May having a greenahired contestshipper as her first pick and ending up with Ash (only) because he dumped her sounds really kinda sad to me xD

ChloboShoka

Writer

Like Hunter said, I've seen this idea a few times in fan fics. I don't think it will really make much of a difference because Ash and May already have a strong relationship as it is. So yeah there may be a chance of either Ash or May dating other people before each other. More likely May because we all know Ash is as dense as a brick.

Perhaps somewhere like a festival, contest or the league or something, somewhere around those lines would be a good place because it might have a it more excitement on there such as a battle or more hints for ya.

Probably would have taken a while to develop a liking for it. But I would have still supported it one way or another.

Ash and May

I think this is the best ship after all there almost the same age,May is pretty,Ash completes May,and the look cute together.Besides there is lot of anime evedence(of both Ash and May)so my conclution is there one for another.

Shinycyndaquil

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.