• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Advanceshipping General Discussion: Where Ash and May ADVANCE together ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Do you think Ash and/or may will have a seperate relationship before they get together? (Example: Ash dates Misty, and then they break up, and then he dates May.) Will that strengthen their eventual relationship?
No but I do like the idea of someone else being interested in one of the two who either gets turned down or realises that they're not interested.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Welcome to the thread, shinycyndaquil!

Okay guys, things have been a little slow lately, and I know it's tough coming up with new topics, so I think we should spice things up a bit.

I suggested in the input thread a while back that perhaps the mainstream shipping threads could discuss favourite episodes - almost an analysis of an episode, if you'd like - to try and identify exactly why we like these episodes so much, and what (in everyone's individual opinion) makes them so shippy.

So, here's how this is gonna work - for the next two weeks we will be discussing Episode 277: Get the Show on the Road! What better place to start than AG001, right? Cast your mind back to why you enjoyed this episode so much, what made it shippy (or non-shippy, depending on your point of view), and things you would change about it, etc. If you need to, go over the episode summaries or review the episode again, if you have access to it, and let the nostalgia flow!

Currently I'm thinking of following the list on the first post of this thread, but if you guys have other episodes you'd like to discuss then let me know in the thread, and we can arrange something if it's a popular candidate.

Also, feel free to come up with new topics if you think of them! This topic is going to be like our "primary" discussion for the next couple of weeks, but side-topics are still allowed and encouraged!

(As a side-note, to any non-Advanceshippers who may want to post and discuss the "episode of the week", you are welcome to, but please remember that this is NOT a debate thread. NO FLAMING WILL BE TOLERATED. I know most people around here won't, but hey, it's a disclaimer.)

So in summary, let me kick off this new topic!

What did you think of the shippiness in Episode 277: Get the Show on the Road!?

beoderro

Unactive :(
This sounds so interesting. And probably kills the silence at here. Episodes changes after two weeks, right? This'll be a long process! ^^

I think it was a great way for Ash and May met eachother. Maybe we lost a bike but it was worth it. To the hints, being the first episode from AG, it had a quite lot Advanceshipping on it. These May's thoughts about Ash and should her be mad to him. So sweet 8) And the May's "Yes!" shout was a good end for that episode.
A great start to Advanceshipping! I won't have changed nothing to it.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Man, i haven't been here for some time. Aslo a good idea Gazmof.

It was nice that they did meet each other but with turning May's bike in ashs was kinda old. it just reminded me of when Pikachu did that to misty's bike. The episode itself was a great start for advanceshipping.

Do you think Ash and/or may will have a seperate relationship before they get together? (Example: Ash dates Misty, and then they break up, and then he dates May.) Will that strengthen their eventual relationship?

I don't think so. becuase if Ash did date with misty he would stay with her. like Ash know to break a heart. >.>

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer

It was a good start, I liked the energy and happy attitude May had. Very quickly did we see that Ash and May got along and I could tell that they were going to be good friends. The bike breaking was a sign that she would join him as that happened before.

The scene where they had to choose their starters, the pair of them liked Torchic a lot. When she had that as a starter, it was pretty nice that Ash remembered his first day, too. Then it showed that Ash could relate to May in many different ways and would be willing to help her.

There were some very cute scenes; like where May went in to look at Ash through the door and then the decision to travel together. It was interesting, I would have liked to have seen more episodes when they traveled just on their own.

So overall, I think it was a bit of an exciting start.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
I suggested in the input thread a while back that perhaps the mainstream shipping threads could discuss favourite episodes - almost an analysis of an episode, if you'd like - to try and identify exactly why we like these episodes so much, and what (in everyone's individual opinion) makes them so shippy.

So, here's how this is gonna work - for the next two weeks we will be discussing Episode 277: Get the Show on the Road! What better place to start than AG001, right? Cast your mind back to why you enjoyed this episode so much, what made it shippy (or non-shippy, depending on your point of view), and things you would change about it, etc. If you need to, go over the episode summaries or review the episode again, if you have access to it, and let the nostalgia flow!

I really love this idea, this must be able to give us some more meaningfull discussion. It might also be a good idea to post some screenshots of the 'episode of the week' so everyone can be remembered again of which moments we're exactly talking about. These screens will also give the thread an extra advanceshipping feeling imo and they can ofcourse be discussed aswell.

The episode 'Get the Show on the Road!' is the episode we get to meet May, a happy-go-lucky girl, who isn't much in to pokemon at all at the start of the episode. It is also the episode she meets the pallet town hero, which will have a huge impact on her life aswell as her feelings about pokemon. The brunette was about to pick her first pokemon, only to get to travel around the world. But instead she gets amazed about Ash and his great love for his pokemon (and friend) Pikachu. This episode truly has some of my faveroute scenes from the whole Hoenn series; They may not be super shippy, but they sure are really cute!

But before going in to more detail on my own favourite moments, I would like to see how this topic continues. I'll end this post with some (advanceshippy)screenshots of the episode.

[img139]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/gazmof/Screencaps/i185565864_15469_3.gif[/img139]
Getting caught after eavesdropping. ~ He really cares much about his pokemon =) ~

[img139]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/gazmof/Screencaps/i185565867_92465_3.gif[/img139]
[img139]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/gazmof/Screencaps/i185565868_13464_3.gif[/img139]
~ Traveling together? Yes! ~

The Horizon

The Forgotten One

Ah, the very first episode of Pokemon Advanced. From what I can remember, May was very comical, especially during the beginning of the episode. Thought Ash was funny enough, and so is Brock for that matter. There wasn't much shipping stuff in there except at the end, and even then, it wasn't all that interesting. Thing is, that episode was more funny than shippy basically because of May. Only thing shippy I can think of is when May is looking for an excuse to travel so she kinda begged Ash to take her along.

How do you compare May's comical behavior among her, Misty and Dawn?

As long as we're talking funny, May is possibly the funniest among all three. She is clumsy, and she eats noodles. Lots and lots of noodles. As far as Misty goes, I am having a hard time remembering right now except for her fear of bugs. Dawn may be just as funny as May. When she says "No need to worry!", that's when even I worry the most, and it funny. Going back to May, she is often paired up with Ash for comical purposes (and potential Advanceshipping), and you wonder why many of us think they go well together. A perfect example is the episode The Bicker The Better.

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
What did you think of the shippiness in Episode 277: Get The Show On The Road?
Oh, this was a nice episode for the Advanceshippers, not to mention, it was the first episode, YAY, EXTRA CREDIT which made it awesome. I loved it when May was just like, "Yes!" when Ash said she could travel with her. And before that moment, she did kinda act flirty: "Well... I can't get there alone... not to mention, my bike is broken thanks to YOUR Pikachu. Hey! I have an idea, why don't we travel there together!" Nice lines May!
(I think that was what she said, I can't really remember.) Good episode.

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
On top of that, that episode felt like an entirely new show. I mean, to be honest, I got tired of seeing Misty that time (apologies to Misty lovers), and I just wanted her out. She was good while it lasted. 227 did what it hasn't been done before and already people liked her. Yes, she was weird. Ash thought so too. I mean, you can just tell by the look on his face.

beoderro

Sorry beoderro, but that topic isn't about Advanceshipping - this isn't the May club, so every topic must be relating to both Ash and May to be considered on-topic. We could, however, simply reword it to...

Oh, I totally forget that it isn't Advanceshipping. This happens when I write early at a morning; I don't read what I write and where I write. n_n
But, thanks to clear that. This'll be fixed!

What do you think Ash's opinion of May's comical behavior is, compared to her, Misty and Dawn?

Ash thinks that May is the most comical. Because it somehow looks that Ash thinks like that. I dunno, but that's what I think.
There is also Dawn, who can compare with May. They're almost equal. I really haven't watch episodes where's Misty, so I don't know if she's a funny. But seeing the episode where's Ash, May, Max are in Pallet Town, she was boring... o_O

Last edited:

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Sorry beoderro, but that topic isn't about Advanceshipping - this isn't the May club, so every topic must be relating to both Ash and May to be considered on-topic. We could, however, simply reword it to...

What do you think Ash's opinion of May's comical behavior is, compared to her, Misty and Dawn?

I think Ash probably finds May the most entertaining, especially when she's arguing with Max, like in the first few episodes of Hoenn (though during that part of the series I think he mostly found her to be kind of weird). Misty always seems to strike an angry tone with him, so I never see much humour between those two. Dawn... I'm not really sure about Dawn, to be honest, since I don't watch DP that much, but she seems closest to May in terms of comicalness/personality.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Adding to the topic about the first AG episode. i was too kind of sick of Misty. (no offence.) it was new in many ways. like a new girl. aka. May, the contest and of course the pokemon.

I think May is the funniest and the cuteness out of the group. Misty well... all i could remember was that she was afrid of bug pokemon and seems to fight with Ash for small things. Dawn she is also funny but not like May. I've seen a few episodes with Dawn and Ash and they seem to argue a few times (but not like with Misty, Ash and Misty sure love to fight. jks.) with May they seem to agree mostly but they did fight like the episode "The Bicker The Better"

Also i would like to post some of my fanart. ^^

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG-3.jpg

Advance__You_and_I.jpg

I hope you guys like it. ^^

Last edited:

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
Hi all, just wanted to check out how´s it hanging nowadays among the
advanceshippers. ^^ Geez, I haven´t been around here for years.
Of all the veterans, it seems at least Gazmof and Gaiash are still around, that´s nice to see. :)
I haven´t watched the series for couple of years, but I hope to find some time
and catch up with the show soon and join the discussion once again. I still root for
advanceshipping deep down my heart. o/

@midnightjewelz: I like your work! I´m glad advanceshippy
fan art culture is kept vivid and alive even these days. :)

Btw. it seems Hitler was also a passionate advanceshipper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3JMImF1c9A

:D

swampert55

I think that because of the presence of Max, comical behaviour was less frequently attributed to May than to either Misty or Dawn. This was probably a benefit since it constituted Advanceshipping hints in many episodes (such as AG001), unlike when Misty or Dawn acts comically, which are usually irrevelant (Misty's fear of bugs).

Going back to May, she is often paired up with Ash for comical purposes (and potential Advanceshipping), and you wonder why many of us think they go well together. A perfect example is the episode The Bicker The Better.
I concur. Nothing like this seemed to happen with Misty or Dawn (it probably did, but very infrequently).

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Hjörung´s wrath said:
Btw. it seems Hitler was also a passionate advanceshipper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3JMImF1c9A

lol. but it was a little offencesive to the contestshippers.

I got a topic
Do you think May has a better chance to go back into the 5G if the pokemon people gave her a chance? And if so would the advanceshippiness increase or be the same?

(I hope that made sense)

Anyway i made a theroy of this on one of the advanceshipping forums so i cant be bother writing it all down. but overall i think May has a better chance to return to the main group then Misty or Dawn. that is if the pokemon people did.

As for the advanceshipping i think so. i mean they know each other at least so i guess they could increse the shippiness slightly

beoderro

Do you think May has a better chance to go back into the 5G if the pokemon people gave her a chance? And if so would the advanceshippiness increase or be the same?

Well, there is many Misty and Dawn fans. I'm not sure if May is more popular than those two, but I have a feeling that she is. 8)
Advanceshipping should increase. Even a little bit. Then every Advanceshipper would be happy n_n

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic

Realistically thinking, no. The first and foremost priority of the anime is
to promote the games. So far every new game (since AG) has
introduced at least one new main character to the anime at the expense of a
main character from the previous generation. I´m sure we can count on Ash
staying as the main protagonist, but Dawn´s future in the series seems
unlikeable, as her main "function" in the anime is tied to the D/P games, just
as May´s was to AG.

Following this pattern, I´d say at 80% certainty there will be yet another girl
for the 5th generation, because again having two guy protagonists (and
Brock on top of that) would be ridiculous drama-wise (lack of contrast). I´m
sure May will make cameo appearances in the future, but I wouldn´t expect
much more than that, as all the three main girls so far have considerably
large fan base, so popularity-based selection (in the imaginary case the
fans´opinion is indeed taken into account) for the role of the 5th gen
main girl would be extremely difficult.

STJ

meh..^_^'
Hi all, just wanted to check out how´s it hanging nowadays among the
advanceshippers. ^^ Geez, I haven´t been around here for years.
Of all the veterans, it seems at least Gazmof and Gaiash are still around, that´s nice to see.
I haven´t watched the series for couple of years, but I hope to find some time
and catch up with the show soon and join the discussion once again. I still root for
advanceshipping deep down my heart. o/
O__0!

I haven't seen you in ages..Then again it's been a while since I've posted here too, so..
Do you think Ash and/or may will have a separate relationship before they get together? (Example: Ash dates Misty, and then they break up, and then he dates May.) Will that strengthen their eventual relationship?

In this show? I doubt it.. it does happen some times in some shoujo manga. (well, I guess in some shonen too, if that's what Suzuka is) Though it is very realistic, cause, really, how many people stay with the very first person they crush on/date? But in many shows it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth cause the said other character more often than not comes across as a plot device.. but I digress.. Having said many things can be learn t from your mistakes, this probably woudn't be any different.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I see. anyway i got some new fanart i would like to share once again.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

I hope you guys like it. ^^

New topic!
Did you like the advanceshippness in the episode when May came back to visit in DP?

I liked it very much. i really liked the scene when Ash and May put their ribbon back together under the moonlight in DP. it was a great episode to boost up advanceshipper convidence again.

Last edited:

swampert55

Did you like the advanceshippness in the episode when May came back to visit in DP?

Yes! It was a sign that being apart wouldn't affect their relationship. In fact, I watched a rerun last week, and I felt that it was like a hint by the writers that Advanceshipping is here to stay.

I liked it very much. i really liked the scene when Ash and May put their ribbon back together under the moonlight in DP. it was a great episode to boost up advanceshipper convidence again.
I completely agree. No matter what others might say, our fanbase will remain resolute, and the aforementioned episode was solid support.

Status
Not open for further replies.